PDA

View Full Version : Impossible to Win Without Media Attention

yaz
11-19-2007, 04:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvER0CZPTI0

Here is an example. The only reason Fred Thompson became a front runner was because he was built up by the media. Without this our chances of winning are low.

Menthol Patch
11-19-2007, 04:20 PM
We need to do something to gain another boost of media attention before the Tea Party.

brumans
11-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Ron Paul went up around 3-5% in all polls after November 5th if you noticed...

Menthol Patch
11-19-2007, 04:27 PM
What else can we do to gain some media attention?

me3
11-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Impossible to Win Without Media Attention
I would tend to disagree.

It is impossible to win without voters and delegates. General mass appeal is not enough to win. The entire turn out the vote operation has to be very strong, very co-ordinated. A higher profile may help, but it's no guarantee that the higher profile will actually show up to vote in the primaries.

Menthol Patch
11-19-2007, 04:30 PM
It is impossible to win without media attention.

The media brainwashed people by mentioning the names of "mainstream" candidates a thousand times a day.

If we can't get the media talking about Ron Paul just as much we are doomed.

yaz
11-19-2007, 04:33 PM
I agree with Patch. Why do you think Giuliani is in 1st place? It's not because of his issues or because of his experience. It's because he was on TV a lot. Romney became mainstream after getting on TV a lot for winning Iowa.

Goldwater Conservative
11-19-2007, 04:33 PM
What else can we do to gain some media attention?

The next debate should provide some if Paul is given enough time, and I think he will be considering his recent fundraising success and movement in the polls. I hope Paul is at the top of his game for that.

JMann
11-19-2007, 04:43 PM
Edwards, Thompson, McCain, Richardson have received a ton of media exposure and more than likely won't win a thing. Watching the Sunday morning shows it seems like these guys don't even know that they are a dying breed. The only opinions these folks sway now are people in the 70+ age group. They talk like what they say is important and ground breaking but most what they report has been available online for days.

LinearChaos
11-19-2007, 04:46 PM
News Flash. The MSM has ignored Paul since he announced. That was one of the whole reasons for Nov. 11th, was it not?

Besides, be careful what you wish for. The smear machine has shifted into gear and is already doing its thing.