PDA

View Full Version : Hell has frozen over, I agree with Barney Frank

DGambler
09-27-2012, 03:19 PM
The only thing I find out of place in this article is this:

Frank is an advocate of legalizing and taxing marijuana, but he said Wednesday night that he does not regularly use the illegal drug.

Which means, he does use.

http://thehill.com/video/house/258901-barney-frank-pot-brownie-made-me-sleepy

"I think, frankly, it contributes a good deal to the sense of unfairness among young people who are told they shouldn’t do this because it’s got all these negative effects, but then see older people engaging in all kinds of things that probably have greater impact on people," Frank said.

And Frank railed against disproportionate law enforcement on drug crimes, likening it to New York City's "stop and frisk" practice.

"One of the best things we can do to reduce state expenditures in a way that does not hurt the quality of life is to stop going after people who use marijuana," Frank said.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Frank has paired with Paul on other issues you might agree with. Internet gambling, for instance.

QuickZ06
09-27-2012, 03:49 PM
Burnin cash and papers.........

GeorgiaAvenger
09-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Paul supports those things because he loves liberty, Frank supports them because he loves being immoral.

brandon
09-27-2012, 03:53 PM
I agree with Frank more often than disagree. He's one of the better members of the house.

GeorgiaAvenger
09-27-2012, 03:53 PM
I agree with Frank more often than disagree. He's one of the better members of the house.I can think of maybe two things. He is one of the worst in congress, and I despise him.

brandon
09-27-2012, 03:56 PM
You're entitled to your opinion but what you said above was just a completely made up unfair attack. Let's at least discuss this like grown ups. I agree with Frank on foreign policy, personal liberty, and the repeal of the police state. The only real disagreement is economics.

QuickZ06
09-27-2012, 03:59 PM
I can think of maybe two things. He is one of the worst in congress, and I despise him.

I agree, he did not even know the drinking age limit in an interview. WTF.

ZenBowman
09-27-2012, 03:59 PM
Paul supports those things because he loves liberty, Frank supports them because he loves being immoral.

There's nothing immoral about enjoying a smoke.

juleswin
09-27-2012, 04:00 PM
I am sure if you looked very carefully, you will see a few areas where you agree with Hitler on. Nothing amazing with agreeing with Barney on weed legalization.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-27-2012, 04:14 PM

Sheesh. He's kind of an idiot in my opinion, but let people be right when they are right.

Same with hitler (gasp) (can't think of anything... but separate the issue from the person when possible.)

GeorgiaAvenger
09-27-2012, 04:17 PM
You're entitled to your opinion but what you said above was just a completely made up unfair attack. Let's at least discuss this like grown ups. I agree with Frank on foreign policy, personal liberty, and the repeal of the police state. The only real disagreement is economics.

There is no attack. Frank likes to take drugs, and I consider it immoral. Paul only wants drugs legal because of the negative effects of making it illegal, and the freedom of choice.

Yeah, Frank is right on cutting military spending, but that's just because he wants to increase spending in other places. And he is right about Bush's wars, but hasn't really gotten after Obama who has been worse, while suggesting Bush should be impeached, so I see some partisanism. By the way, Frank does support conflict with Iran, not sure if you agree with that.

On personal liberty he is a mixed bag.

dannno
09-27-2012, 04:21 PM
Sheesh. He's kind of an idiot in my opinion, but let people be right when they are right.

Same with hitler (gasp) (can't think of anything... but separate the issue from the person when possible.)

I wonder where max went off to.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-27-2012, 04:36 PM
There is no attack. Frank likes to take drugs, and I consider it immoral.

What did you eat today? Just curious. Did any of it affect your blood sugar levels? Did anything you eat today make you feel better? How tall are you and how much do you weigh? Are you a glutton?

You might be ingesting things some of us don't like.

juleswin
09-27-2012, 04:44 PM
What did you eat today? Just curious. Did any of it affect your blood sugar levels? Did anything you eat today make you feel better? How tall are you and how much do you weigh? Are you a glutton?

You might be ingesting things some of us don't like.

Not exactly the same thing. People eat food for sustenance, if you dont eat food, you will die. But weed and other psychotropic drugs is mainly for pleasure except for the few times it is used for medicinal purposes. Maybe you should ask if he drinks alcohol because that is a closer match to weed.

TheTexan
09-27-2012, 04:53 PM
There is no attack. Frank likes to take drugs, and I consider it immoral.

What's morally wrong with enjoying recreational drugs?

dannno
09-27-2012, 04:59 PM
I am sure if you looked very carefully, you will see a few areas where you agree with Hitler on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZHCVyllnck

juleswin
09-27-2012, 05:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZHCVyllnck

lol, I should make time to watch that movie. Good stuff

devil21
09-27-2012, 05:03 PM
IIRC, some marijuana plants were found growing on Frank's property a few years ago. His roommate/lover claimed ownership and of course nothing ever happened to either of them. Barney definitely does toke up, no question.

Sola_Fide
09-27-2012, 05:41 PM

I don't know man. He is one of the worst Keynesians up there.

Sola_Fide
09-27-2012, 05:42 PM

I think he was talking about Frank's homosexuality. And yes, that is immoral.

TheTexan
09-27-2012, 05:44 PM
Not exactly the same thing. People eat food for sustenance, if you dont eat food, you will die. But weed and other psychotropic drugs is mainly for pleasure except for the few times it is used for medicinal purposes. Maybe you should ask if he drinks alcohol because that is a closer match to weed.

A twinkie is a manufactured chemically modified "food."

Marijuana is a plant.

(And by twinkie, I really mean 80% of the items in your local grocery store)

TheTexan
09-27-2012, 05:46 PM
I think he was talking about Frank's homosexuality. And yes, that is immoral.

No, he was talking about drugs.

What's immoral about sticking a dick in a place where it doesn't belong?

Sola_Fide
09-27-2012, 05:52 PM

It is a violation of God's command.

Leviticus 18:22 NIV

"'Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

I'm not saying it should be illegal...but it is immoral, there's no question.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-27-2012, 06:06 PM

Good point, but let's add that on instead of making it a replacement. He probably has a large choice of food, some of which we might find offensive. Also, what about prescription drugs? Perhaps we can make some judgements regarding those too.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-27-2012, 06:08 PM

Dunno, but it gets a lot of people butthurt.

Brett85
09-27-2012, 06:36 PM

So Barney Frank supports the 2nd amendment?

emazur
09-27-2012, 06:58 PM

I've never used any drugs. I don't think there's anything necessarily immoral about using recreational drugs, but I do think there is a strong correlation between immoral behavior and recreational drug use. It would be one thing for example if someone just smoked marijuana to relax a bit after work or used LSD to help give them ideas for creativity but was an all-around upstanding person. It's another when a bunch of drug users get together, talk about how much they enjoy getting "fucked up", use foul language while doing so, get with disposable sexual partners who are also high, and people who would not ordinarily want to be involved with these things give in to peer pressure to do drugs b/c it's what cool & hip people do. As if society wasn't phony enough already with the rigid conformity and artificial structure of public school, the phony economy propped up by the government, cool-one-day hated-the-next fads and entertainment, people working in and hating jobs they never would have taken if the government wouldn't make is so difficult to work for themselves, drinking just to fit in, taking a cocktail of prescription drugs just to not go berserk in this bullshit environment, we now have to have yet ANOTHER layer of artificiality - phoney feelings induced by recreational drugs???

I'm not even a social conservative nor was I raised one (pro-choice vegetarian atheist libertarian that listens to world music and puts more miles on his bicycle than his car, actually). But that's just the way I see it when it comes to recreational drugs.

QuickZ06
09-27-2012, 06:59 PM
A lot of the founding fathers were some immoral SOB on that note.

Genesis 1:29.
Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you."