PDA

View Full Version : MSN homepage: Filmed RPG hoax meant to test response time of Phoenix Police Dept.

nobody's_hero
09-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Full story: http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/27/14122116-film-of-arizona-teen-dressed-in-sheet-with-fake-grenade-launcher-leads-to-arrest?lite

The bizarre, amateurish video depicts a person with a fairly realistic but fake grenade launcher walking around a Phoenix intersection in what appears to be a blue sheet with dark material covering his head and face.

Made eight days after the shooting at a screening of a Batman movie, the film was posted on YouTube and titled, "Dark Knight Shooting Response, Rocket Launcher Police Test."

"Given this event, I wanted to run a little test here in Phoenix, Arizona," the narrator says in the film. "I want to find out how safe I really am, and I want to know the response time of the Phoenix police department."

The filmmaker claims it took 15 minutes for police to respond.

Well, there's much to get from this story. Two of my initial impressions:

Firstly, the film-making uncle is lucky his nephew didn't get shot by the police.

Secondly, it would have taken the Phoenix P.D. 15 minutes to show up and shoot him if they had.

JK/SEA
09-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Darwin award nominee...and the winner is....

Brian4Liberty
09-27-2012, 01:33 PM
My first impression is that the filmmaker is a huge douchebag. His whole point is that wants citizens to report everything they see, and he wants a massive military-like response from the Police. The guy is an idiot.

It took fifteen minutes because they couldn't get people to call the Police in the first place. Once the Police were finally called, they sent one officer out to see what this douchebag was doing. The relevant point here is that they never actually fired a weapon. These are the same type of people who oppose the Second Amendment.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-27-2012, 01:35 PM
"Given this event, I wanted to run a little test here in Phoenix, Arizona," the narrator says in the film. "I want to find out how safe I really am..."

rofl. Yeah... whoever was in that sheet is lucky they weren't absorbing bullets. He is lucky he didn't get his nephew killed.

"Giving the false impression of a terrorist attack..." What kind of charge is that?

Also, just because it took the police 15 minutes to get there doesn't mean they were getting calls immediately.

jkr
09-27-2012, 02:03 PM
NEVER
CRY
WOLF

nobody's_hero
09-27-2012, 03:28 PM
I guess another thing that dawned on me is that this guy almost sounds like a terrorist. (I Know I know), But consider (devil's advocate warning):

If you were an FBI agent, wouldn't you say someone who calls the cops to 'test the response time' should go on one of those watch lists somewhere?

(And yet, we're probably all on lists just for supporting Ron Paul.)

My first impression is that the filmmaker is a huge douchebag. His whole point is that wants citizens to report everything they see, and he wants a massive military-like response form the Police. The guy is an idiot.

Could be. Could be. I hadn't thought of that. My guess is that most small-government supporters already know that the cops can't physically protect us from everything, so we wouldn't need a 'test' like this. If only everyone had their own personal cop! lol

alucard13mmfmj
09-27-2012, 03:32 PM
in 15 minutes... people would be dead. the person holding the RPG is lucky a citizen didnt shoot him.

CaptainAmerica
09-27-2012, 03:35 PM
in 15 minutes... people would be dead. the person holding the RPG is lucky a citizen didnt shoot him. if i saw that walking in front of my house I would get a water hose with a nozzle and spray him with water and tell him to stop being stupid

nobody's_hero
09-27-2012, 03:39 PM
if i saw that walking in front of my house I would get a water hose with a nozzle and spray him with water and tell him to stop being stupid

lol. +rep

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-27-2012, 06:16 PM
I guess another thing that dawned on me is that this guy almost sounds like a terrorist. (I Know I know), But consider (devil's advocate warning):

If you were an FBI agent, wouldn't you say someone who calls the cops to 'test the response time' should go on one of those watch lists somewhere?

I sure as hell wouldn't do it. One - for that reason, and another, I don't really expect the cops to show up anyway. So whether it's 2 minutes or 15 minutes, it's too late as far as I care.

Brian4Liberty
09-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Could be. Could be. I hadn't thought of that. My guess is that most small-government supporters already know that the cops can't physically protect us from everything, so we wouldn't need a 'test' like this. If only everyone had their own personal cop! lol

The only possible outcomes from this guy's "experiment" would be more government spending, more police, more laws, and erosion of liberty. He is either for big government, or hopelessly stupid.