PDA

View Full Version : Adnan Latif , the new face of indefinite detention.

futfut
09-27-2012, 09:14 AM
Very sad story.
Adnan Latif was a Yemeni citizen who has never been charged and was detained at gitmo for over a decade.
A court ordered his release in 2010 for lack of evidence, but the Obama's administration appealed the decision. He was found dead in his cell on September 10,2012.
http://www.therecord.com/opinion/columns/article/804151--a-death-at-gitmo

There are still 40 prisoners who were cleared for release 5 years ago at least and who are still indefinitely detained.
What a disgrace of justice.

coastie
09-27-2012, 09:17 AM
Not to diminish this young man's plight in any way, but we've got to stop this shit happening here(Brandon Raub...who knows how many others) before we can do ANYTHING about it happening elsewhere.

:(:mad:

kathy88
09-27-2012, 09:31 AM
Not to diminish this young man's plight in any way, but we've got to stop this shit happening here(Brandon Raub...who knows how many others) before we can do ANYTHING about it happening elsewhere.

:(:mad:

So, Gitmo is NOT controlled by the US? Fucking news to me.

coastie
09-27-2012, 09:34 AM

I think you zagged when I zigged there, where did you get that's what I meant in my comment? I was referring to the US detaining people in other countries-not their destination for detention.

coastie
09-27-2012, 09:36 AM

Oh, and I assure you it's controlled by us, I've been there at least 20 times(for re-fueling, getting ammo for our ship), and, in fact, almost got arrested with several other coasties for taking a hike into the woods, and ending up on the other side of Camp X-ray(oopsies!).

The Marines arrived within 5 minute, pointing guns at us. Good times.