PDA

View Full Version : The Stench of Romney

John of Des Moines
09-27-2012, 03:05 AM
From the Iowa Republican: The Stench of Romney (http://theiowarepublican.com/2012/the-stench-of-romney/)

KEEF
09-27-2012, 04:20 AM
Besides for our Liberty candidates, I cannot wait for this election to be over with so we can start focussing on 2014 and 2016 (if there is an election to focus on by then).

We were doing everything we could to redirect the elephant from going to the slaughter house but got knocked down by rinoes along the way.

Now trying to keep myself entertained while watching that GOP elephant take the long slow walk down the green mile, besides getting my I told you so's and comments for all the "It is because of you Paulbots that we lost" GOP sheeple ready, I'm continuing to spread the message of Ron Paul. Even though there probably won't be a Ron Paul running in 2016, got to get people awake so to at least vote informed.

acptulsa
09-27-2012, 06:13 AM
Besides for our Liberty candidates, I cannot wait for this election to be over with so we can start focussing on 2014 and 2016 (if there is an election to focus on by then).

We were doing everything we could to redirect the elephant from going to the slaughter house but got knocked down by rinoes along the way.

Now trying to keep myself entertained while watching that GOP elephant take the long slow walk down the green mile, besides getting my I told you so's and comments for all the "It is because of you Paulbots that we lost" GOP sheeple ready, I'm continuing to spread the message of Ron Paul. Even though there probably won't be a Ron Paul running in 2016, got to get people awake so to at least vote informed.

In my opinion, this is the most important time. On this ugly morning after the RNC debacle and as the specter of doom hangs over the party, and with the Democrats incredibly lukewarm (in some cases even hostile) toward their own incumbent candidate, and as it becomes incredibly obvious that Obama with his broken promises and 25% real unemployment rate should be losing big time, this is the optimum time to ask people, 'Do you see how we got here? Is this where we should be?'

At this moment, there is no room for pretense, no denying that we waltzed ourselves into a mess, and little argument possible that this republic is dysfunctional. Now is the time we must rub people's noses in it. If we're to make any progress at all, if we're to do better in '14 and '16, we must redouble and redouble again our educational efforts right now.

RockEnds
09-27-2012, 06:22 AM
From the Iowa Republican: The Stench of Romney (http://theiowarepublican.com/2012/the-stench-of-romney/)

That. Was. Funny.

acptulsa
09-27-2012, 06:49 AM
That. Was. Funny.

I see what you mean:

'Lastly, while I have been critical of the campaign that Romney is running, I am voting for him this fall. The difference between another four years under President Obama and a Mitt Romney presidency is stark.'

Hilarious.

RockEnds
09-27-2012, 06:56 AM
I see what you mean:

'Lastly, while I have been critical of the campaign that Romney is running, I am voting for him this fall. The difference between another four years under President Obama and a Mitt Romney presidency is stark.'

Hilarious.

Well, I was referencing all the back peddling in an attempt to save his standing in the Iowa GOP circles as well as the massive division within the mainstream of the Republican Party that just got exposed in quite a brilliant light.

fisharmor
09-27-2012, 06:58 AM
That. Was. Funny.

I don't think so. This is the author's damage control as he's a fanboy, and his statement is being used to lambaste Rmoney.

nobody's_hero
09-27-2012, 07:14 AM
I posted a comment, but, eh. Those comments look like Huff-Po's comment section's evil Republican twin. Vicious and uninformed.

RockEnds
09-27-2012, 07:18 AM
I don't think so. This is the author's damage control as he's a fanboy, and his statement is being used to lambaste Rmoney.

I wouldn't look for that phrase to go away any time soon.

Origanalist
09-27-2012, 07:27 AM
I posted a comment, but, eh. Those comments look like Huff-Po's comment section's evil Republican twin. Vicious and uninformed.

That's because they are huffpo's evil twin.

Bastiat's The Law
09-27-2012, 07:38 AM
No buyers remorse from Craig yet.

RockEnds
09-27-2012, 07:46 AM
No buyers remorse from Craig yet.

I dunno. When I read articles such as this:

http://theiowarepublican.com/2012/hey-mitt-there-is-more-to-iowa-than-just-des-moines/

It’s hard to figure out if the Romney campaign is lazy, dumb, or just scared.

it's difficult to believe his devotion is 100 percent. Of course, the article is supposed to be in support of Romney, but somehow, I just couldn't help but pick up on a tiny bit of hostility there.

Aratus
09-27-2012, 02:28 PM

the Jimmy Carter analogy that was utilized over the summer compared mitt to ronnie reagan.
the Jimmy Carter analogy SNL rolled out in a primetime special compared mitt to jerry ford...