PDA

View Full Version : Why I Refuse to Vote for Barack Obama

Trassin
09-26-2012, 01:52 PM
The Atlantic has released an outstanding article going after supporters of President Obama: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/09/why-i-refuse-to-vote-for-barack-obama/262861/

edit: Oops, posted it in the wrong section on accident. Can an Admin bump it on down to "2012 Presidential Election" for me? Thanks.

acptulsa
09-26-2012, 01:57 PM
Even if you don't read the article, read this--it could come in handy:

'Most of you will go that far with me. If two candidates favored a return to slavery, or wanted to stone adulterers, you wouldn't cast your ballot for the one with the better position on health care.'

FriedChicken
10-06-2012, 02:25 PM
A somewhat open-minded neocon (Rush listener) friend of mine posted the article on facebook. I thought all three reasons given in this article were awesome - he even references to blow-back (by description, doesn't use the term).

Hitman83
10-10-2012, 11:29 AM
This was a pretty good statement as well.

The whole liberal conceit that Obama is a good, enlightened man.......depends on constructing a reality where the lives of non-Americans -- along with the lives of some American Muslims and whistleblowers -- just aren't valued.
-Conor Friedersdorf of The Atlantic-

I've been thinking about just not voting. I need to look up Gary Johnson some more before I just skip the ballot box.