PDA

View Full Version : New polling 26 Sept. - Obama opens double digit lead in OH and PA - 9 points in FL

Anti Federalist
09-26-2012, 07:04 AM
Poll Shows Obama Widens Lead in Ohio and Florida.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/09/26/political-wisdom-poll-shows-obama-widens-lead-in-ohio-and-florida/

President Barack Obama leads Mitt Romney 53%-44% in Florida, 53%-43% in Ohio and 54%-42% in Pennsylvania, according to a new swing state poll from Quinnipiac University/CBS News/New York Times ….

juleswin
09-26-2012, 07:11 AM
I am hoping for a landslide defeat of the fake con. Something that will send a clear message to conservatives every where that middle of the road, quasi conservatives are big time losers. People still do not like warmongering (not that Obama is a peacenik but he is not blatant about his warmongering) and will reject it every time it is presented as an option.

VBRonPaulFan
09-26-2012, 07:28 AM
Ahhh the establishment gop tears taste so sweeeeet mmmmmmm

kathy88
09-26-2012, 07:31 AM
Talk Radio had a bunch of "polling experts" on yesterday to talk about how wrong those numbers are and how Romney is really ahead. LOL. Expert after expert lying through their teeth. I laughed out loud a couple times.

Agorism
09-26-2012, 07:33 AM
O sry you beat me to it!

TonySutton
09-26-2012, 07:35 AM
I live in OH. You cant go through 30 minutes of tv without seeing at least 1 negative ad against Romney. They must be spending a ton of money here.

seyferjm
09-26-2012, 07:37 AM
I live in OH. You cant go through 30 minutes of tv without seeing at least 1 negative ad against Romney. They must be spending a ton of money here.

I know, they have been hammering the 47% comments and his "lower taxes on the rich" stuff here big time.

asurfaholic
09-26-2012, 07:44 AM

Same in nc. Actually both sides are all over tv. Lots of romney yard signs though..

Agorism
09-26-2012, 07:46 AM
I'm too lazy to bother looking at the breakdown of these polls but I bet there is some sample bias to the dems.

That being said...Romney is losing either way in an overall sense.

Kords21
09-26-2012, 07:48 AM
Having Rush on when I'm out running errands has been some of the best comedy I've heard in a while.

AuH20
09-26-2012, 07:49 AM
I'm too lazy to bother looking at the breakdown of these polls but I bet there is some sample bias to the dems.

There is always a 3-5% sample bias but not that large enough to make up.

Bastiat's The Law
09-26-2012, 07:51 AM
Love seeing them freak out!

Agorism
09-26-2012, 07:51 AM
I doubt Romney is down by 9% in Florida and 10% in Ohio.

Anytime I see a poll this far in one direction in a 50-50 nation, I just assume there is some screwy sampling.

KingNothing
09-26-2012, 07:54 AM

But some Dem-bias is appropriate. Nationally, there are more Democrats than Republicans and I can't imagine the opposite is true in PA, OH, or FL.

Pollsters know what they're doing, and those trailing in the polls always forget that.

DavidK
09-26-2012, 07:54 AM
I am hoping for a landslide defeat of the fake con. Something that will send a clear message to conservatives every where that middle of the road, quasi conservatives are big time losers. People still do not like warmongering (not that Obama is a peacenik but he is not blatant about his warmongering) and will reject it every time it is presented as an option.

This.

KingNothing
09-26-2012, 07:55 AM

Anytime I see a poll this far in one direction in a 50-50 nation, I just assume there is some screwy sampling.

I tend to agree, but 10-point lead is massive. Even if the poll is off by 5-points, Obama still wins the most important states in a walk.

KingNothing
09-26-2012, 07:57 AM

I think you're giving voters too much credit. They want someone who can tell a joke, shoot a smile, dance on Ellen, and show some bravado on The View. War, peace, taxes, debt, and freedom only matter to the point that they make someone more or less likeable.

AuH20
09-26-2012, 07:58 AM

It's probably half. 3-5% leads. There is no way Obama has large leads like that with the current economic data.

seyferjm
09-26-2012, 08:00 AM
I had a feeling Romney would never win Ohio, simply because of issues like SB5 being blamed solely on the GOP. I feel like there is a fair amount of resentment here for people like Mitt.

ronpaulfollower999
09-26-2012, 08:01 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_party_strength_in_U.S._states

Florida is 41/36 Dem
Ohio is 37/36 Rep
Penn is 51/37 Dem

Demographics of the poll might be Dem biased in Ohio, and slightly Dem biased in Florida. Pretty substantial lead for Obama, regardless of the bias.

ronpaulfollower999
09-26-2012, 08:03 AM
I had a feeling Romney would never win Ohio, simply because of issues like SB5 being blamed solely on the GOP. I feel ike there is a fair amount of resentment here for people like Mitt.

Agree. Based off other polls, Obama is pretty popular in Ohio. Pennsylvania is even more likely Obama's.

AuH20
09-26-2012, 08:05 AM
Agree. Based off other polls, Obama is pretty popular in Ohio. Pennsylvania is even more likely Obama's.

They are union states. Any republican would have a tough time winning them. They literally deserve Obama. Bless us with 4 more years so their children can scavenge through garbage cans for food.

seyferjm
09-26-2012, 08:09 AM
Either way, it all pisses me off. Both candidates suck and we loose no matter what.