PDA

View Full Version : CNN: Ron Paul is a threat to Giuliani

Starks
11-19-2007, 03:15 PM
Thanks Billy.

EvilEngineer
11-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Link, Time, Article, Youtube? Details please.

MRoCkEd
11-19-2007, 03:17 PM
youtube or it didnt happen

Starks
11-19-2007, 03:17 PM
It was just on CNN.

Ron Paul Fan
11-19-2007, 03:19 PM
They're talking about Huckabee's surge. Ron Paul is a threat to everybody, not just Giuliani.

Ethek
11-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Can't wait for the next debate.

LibertyEagle
11-19-2007, 03:20 PM
We need someone like Clint Eastwood to endorse Paul. Eastwood trumps Norris, any day of the week. ;)

I also wish they'd make a commercial with that African American fighter pilot. Remember her?

And also Barry Goldwater, Jr. I can't believe they didn't have a press conference to announce his endorsement. This wasn't on the news at all. A big mistake on the campaign's part. :(

Original_Intent
11-19-2007, 03:25 PM
They're talking about Huckabee's surge. Ron Paul is a threat to everybody, not just Giuliani.

Huckabee has been outraising or raising about what Congressman Paul has for the past week.

I know the reasons, and I know he isn't going to make his 2 million November goal, but Huckabee worries me....not because he is any better than the other candidates, but he has that Bill Clinton charisma and able to smooth talk, and he has a lot of religious zealots starting to back him. He pays lip service to a number of RP's talking points, but it is easy to see that there is no conviction behind it.

0zzy
11-19-2007, 03:26 PM
I should always keep CNN on shouldn't I?

Ethek
11-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Huckabee has been outraising or raising about what Congressman Paul has for the past week.

I know the reasons, and I know he isn't going to make his 2 million November goal, but Huckabee worries me....not because he is any better than the other candidates, but he has that Bill Clinton charisma and able to smooth talk, and he has a lot of religious zealots starting to back him. He pays lip service to a number of RP's talking points, but it is easy to see that there is no conviction behind it.

I agree with this. He did the right thing by converting all of the ministries in Iowa to his cause. I also think the man has no conviction.

American
11-19-2007, 03:27 PM
The Huckster doesnt worry me, the latest video where he is asking for more taxes was on CNN just recently so once he makes it any higher then other so called "top tier" will take care of any chance he has.

Ron Paul Fan
11-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Huckabee doesn't worry me at all. He won't raise 1/3rd of what we do this quarter. If he doesn't take Iowa then he's finished. Even if he does win Iowa, he probably can't win anywhere else. He loves tax raises, amnesty, and people committing sucide. No threat whatsoever.

deedles
11-19-2007, 03:28 PM

People always say he has charisma... I don't see that and never did. I think he comes across a little smarmy. I guess some people do like him. They should read about his taxing history and support illegals maybe.

DJ RP
11-19-2007, 03:29 PM
Yeah huckabee is dangerous. We know that romney gulianni etc. can't hope to get the pro gun pro life vote and that should be a strength for us but huckabee's smooth talk seems to be fooling people and he's getting the endorsements which Paul CLEARLY deserves.

Dorfsmith
11-19-2007, 03:30 PM
Yeah huckabee is dangerous. We know that romney gulianni etc. can't hope to get the pro gun pro life vote and that should be a strength for us but huckabee's smooth talk seems to be fooling people and he's getting the endorsements which Paul CLEARLY deserves.

My grandparents like Ron Paul a lot but they like Huckabee more. Makes me sad :(

aknappjr
11-19-2007, 03:30 PM
From the Club for Growth:
http://www.clubforgrowth.org/2007/11/updated_huckabee_white_paper.php

Update: Over the past ten months, it has become abundantly clear which path Governor Huckabee has chosen, and it looks more like the path of John Edwards than it does a limited-government, economic conservative. Huckabee himself admits that he is a "different kind of Republican,"[73] a code word for more government involvement, less personal freedom, and greater dependence on government bureaucrats. Huckabee is proud of his tax hikes, his spending increases, and his regulatory expansions as governor, and he has not indicated that he would govern any differently as President. Nominating Mike Huckabee for president or vice-president, would constitute an abject rejection of the free-market, limited-government, economic conservatism that has been the unifying theme of the Republican Party for decades.

0zzy
11-19-2007, 03:31 PM
My grandparents like Ron Paul a lot but they like Huckabee more. Makes me sad :(

tell them Huckabee will eat their dogs.
that'll scare them!

Dorfsmith
11-19-2007, 03:32 PM
tell them Huckabee will eat their dogs.
that'll scare them!

LOL, The opinion of people on Christian TV has much higher credibility in their minds than my opinion :D

Zydeco
11-19-2007, 03:33 PM

If Huckabee worries you, go spend a few minutes on the Huckabee version of Ron Paul Forums:

hucksarmy.com

Then you won't be worried.

Original_Intent
Yes, I think Huck is smarmy too, but he eats into people who would otherwise be supporting RP. Not because they are similar, but because he has the wool pulled over their eyes.

Menthol Patch
It can happen without it being on youtube.

dsentell
11-19-2007, 03:34 PM

They like big government, tax increases and amnesty for illegals ???? :confused:

njandrewg
11-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Huckabee may be a threat but don't worry, you think Mitt Romney will let him win Iowa w/o a fight? Get ready for ads that show that Huck begged for taxes

nbhadja
11-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Seriously, that is all you have to tell people about Hucky, McCain, Rudy, Thompson.

Dorfsmith
11-19-2007, 03:36 PM
They like big government, tax increases and amnesty for illegals ???? :confused:

No, they hate all that but Huckabee is God's chosen candidate so he must be the person to vote for :p

qsecofr
11-19-2007, 03:41 PM
If Mitt and Huck go hostile in Iowa they may bring eachother down, that would leave Rudy naked against Paul. We don't have to attack Rudy, he will do that himself.

Ethek
11-19-2007, 03:42 PM
No, they hate all that but Huckabee is God's chosen candidate so he must be the person to vote for :p

Someone explain to me how this attitude originated?

-confused

Dorfsmith
11-19-2007, 03:43 PM

-confused

Blind faith in Christian TV?

BIG_J
11-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Romney won't give up Iowa without a fight; he will bring the heat on Huckabee; and Romney knows if he defends Iowa against Huckabee; he has one less person to contend with in every other state as Huckabee will be finished after he loses Iowa.

I expect attack Ads from the Romney camp against Huckabee soon. Once this happens; they will all fall on their own swords.

Adamsa
11-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Huck is too much like Bill Clinton.

He'll charm you, but don't be surprised if he turns around and does something completely different in office.

rrt82
11-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Mark my words, the final fight for the Republican nomination will be between Huck and Paul.

lasenorita
11-19-2007, 03:47 PM

-confused

I think it has something to do with him being a pastor and his pandering to the Christian voters. He also likes to talk about the morals of America and something about there being honor in occupying a foreign country and protecting the people who live there from themselves since they obviously can't sort out their own affairs because, well, you see, they're not Americans. :rolleyes:

JMann
11-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Blind faith in Christian TV?

Has this tv accepted Jesus as its personal savior?

Dorfsmith
11-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Has this tv accepted Jesus as its personal savior?

Maybe I should baptize it :D

purepaloma
11-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Mark my words, the final fight for the Republican nomination will be between Huck and Paul.

Nope, it's going to be Rudy vs Paul

Adamsa
11-19-2007, 04:22 PM
I think it'll be Romney and Paul, Rudy won't get any of the early states.

RevolutionSD
11-19-2007, 04:29 PM
So...no CNN clip on youtube?

davidkachel
11-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Mike Huckabee Grassroots Central: 362 topics, 2805 posts. ALL TOGETHER, as of 11-19-07.
We did that much since breakfast didn't we?

tsetsefly
11-19-2007, 04:31 PM

I would vote for Hillary before I vote for the huckster, I have had enough of the social conservatives trying to impose their lifestyle on the country, I think this p.o.s. would be much worse than Bush in that respect, plus he would spend like repubicans are spending....

McCarthy Was Right
11-19-2007, 04:33 PM
We need someone like Clint Eastwood to endorse Paul. Eastwood trumps Norris, any day of the week. ;)

I also wish they'd make a commercial with that African American fighter pilot. Remember her?

And also Barry Goldwater, Jr. I can't believe they didn't have a press conference to announce his endorsement. This wasn't on the news at all. A big mistake on the campaign's part. :(

Clinton Eastwood jumped fence and became extremely liberal. Million Dollar Baby was the most depressing, secular movie I have seen in my life.

Bradley in DC
11-19-2007, 04:40 PM
I should always keep CNN on shouldn't I?

Perhaps the forum should break into shifts with different stations! :)

davidkachel
11-19-2007, 04:46 PM
I would vote for Hillary before I vote for the huckster

I don't know if I could do that without vomiting but, we should let the Republican party know that their candidate, if not Ron Paul, will not get a single vote from a RP supporter. If they want to continue to be the party of perpetual war and enslavement of the people they need to know we will make them pay.

I will write in Ron Paul or if necessary vote for the devil himself (or in this case herself), but no Republican gets my vote as long as the neocons are running the show.

strategos
11-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Link To Cnn?!

ne1buthilary
11-19-2007, 05:33 PM
bump

TVMH
11-19-2007, 05:34 PM
I don't see any need to worry about Huckabee.

Chuckdorsements aside, Huck's record speaks for itself...hardly that of a true conservative, IMO.

I would think those that call themselves "Christians" would be well aware of the biblical admonition to evaluate a person based on the fruits of his or her labor.

Ethek
11-19-2007, 05:46 PM
He has been getting all kinds of press lately. Laura Ingram had a bit on him. NPR had a peice too on the way home, 'his' point of abolishing the IRS wasn't reported with scorn as it usually is with Dr. Paul. I think Huckabee is shaping up to be the long shot candidate that the media loves to generate stories about.

rich34
11-19-2007, 05:52 PM
Huckabee is no threat, but the media is sure trying to lift him up as if he were. I mean seriously how does that guy get as much media as he does without name recognition and money?? I actually saw an interview with him on fox yesterday or the day before and they brought up his liberal spending habits, but of course he spun it with "I cut taxes" 1700 times bs!

Mark Rushmore
11-19-2007, 05:54 PM
...Huck's record speaks for itself...hardly that of a true conservative, IMO..

and look at how that's keeping Mitt and Rudy down :(

transistor
11-19-2007, 05:58 PM
Huckabee makes me sick. I'd even vote Rudy over him... Barf

KingTheoden
11-19-2007, 05:59 PM

I could be wrong, but I really think worrying about the Huckster is unnecessary worry. Who cares if Huck is raising a bit of coin? The Google ads alone are burning through his pocket (Uncle Ron need not waste money on such because he really IS popular!).

He is out pacing us only because we are winding up for a monster of a day in December. Don't worry so much my friend, just make copies of the Issues Flier, bundle them with pocket Constitutions and distribute!

Ron Paul Fan
11-19-2007, 05:59 PM
You'd vote for Rudy? Barf

TVMH
11-19-2007, 06:12 PM
and look at how that's keeping Mitt and Rudy down :(

It may not be keeping them down, but it sure as hell isn't lifting them up...especially in light of the fact that Romney supposedly chickened-out of the Iowa debate.

Forget the posers...focus on what you can control and ONLY what you can control, and we will continue to gain ground on the others. :)

frasu
11-19-2007, 06:14 PM

I think too that Huckabee is coming kinda strong lately... How is it possible to have so much coverage from the media and have not that much money? What's up with his climb in the a lot of the polls? (or maybe it's just Iowa).
It is harder to convince people of the differences btw Paul and this guy... I mean is easy for us to spot them, but for a superficial voter is not that easy. He is swimming in lukewarm muddy waters. I feel like he is confusing a lot of the people that look for a RP agenda, but didn't get to know his name...
And what the heck is with raising money? Huck's people are dishing more and more money each day, or even worse, he is getting more supporters (?)

check out this crazy graph
http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_today.html

I thought last week was a bad donation week, but this Monday looks loony to me...

sorry about this off topic ramble, but it felt good to let it out

Delaware
11-19-2007, 06:14 PM
if its Rudy vs Hillary, i'm voting for the 3rd party christian conservative to show the Neo-cons that they suck.

freelance
11-19-2007, 06:31 PM
I don't know if I could do that without vomiting but, we should let the Republican party know that their candidate, if not Ron Paul, will not get a single vote from a RP supporter. If they want to continue to be the party of perpetual war and enslavement of the people they need to know we will make them pay.

I will write in Ron Paul or if necessary vote for the devil himself (or in this case herself), but no Republican gets my vote as long as the neocons are running the show.

I think the Republican movers and shakers have all but accepted Hillary. I have never in my life seen so much Republican gushing over a Clinton. There is no Republican party left. It's a shell resembling nothing of its former self.