PDA

View Full Version : NJ: Man pepper-sprayed and arrested after barking at police dog

Nirvikalpa
09-25-2012, 11:33 AM
Can't make these things up.

A Bridgeton man was arrested Friday at the Millville High School football game when he allegedly refused to stop barking at a police dog.

Shannon S. Watford, 19, of Rogers Drive, in Bridgeton, was charged with interfering with a law enforcement animal, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. Police were called to the game on reports of a fight breaking out. Millville Police K-9 Nitro was brought to help get the crowd under control.

Watford, who was not involved in the fight, began barking at and antagonizing Nitro, according to Millville Police spokesman Lt. Ed Zadroga. The officer handling Nitro told Watford to stop and move along. At that point, Watford stomped his foot and continued barking, Zadroga said.

New Jersey law prohibits people from interfering with law enforcement animals when they are performing their duties.

When the officer told Watford that he was under arrest, he turned his back, according to Zadroga. The officer again told him he was under arrest and told him to get down on the ground. Watford still resisted, Zadroga said. Watford was pepper sprayed and placed under arrest.

Story: http://www.nj.com/cumberland/index.ssf/2012/09/bridgeton_man_is_pepper_spraye.html

---------------------------------

Barking at a dog is interfering with law enforcement animals?

Indy Vidual
09-25-2012, 01:51 PM
Man's best friend.

VoluntaryAmerican
09-25-2012, 01:56 PM
There is a big time police K9 training facility near that area I believe in Corbin City closer to Millville than Bridgeton. I see the K9 unit SUV's drive around all the time in that area, does not surprise me in the least that they use the dogs for nonsense like this.

New Jersey is truly a police state. You can't drive around without being harassed by the cops.

Jumbo Shrimp
09-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Barking at a dog is interfering with law enforcement animals?

Yes, but he shouldn't have been pepper sprayed for it.

Philhelm
09-25-2012, 03:51 PM
New Jersey law prohibits people from interfering with law enforcement animals when they are performing their duties.

There's a joke there, somewhere...

Occam's Banana
09-25-2012, 05:49 PM

There's a joke there, somewhere...

Apropos malaprop is apropos.

aGameOfThrones
09-25-2012, 06:58 PM
What if I had a dog with me and it started to bark? What if my dog was barking like crazy at the cop dog?

Wait, I thought he was bothering the dog.