PDA

View Full Version : Did you guys actually watch the video of Glenn Beck?

hillertexas
11-19-2007, 02:51 PM
i didn't. I joined forces on this Glenn Beck thing before doing my research.

It can be seen here: http://www.voteronpaul.com/videos/ron_paul_111607_terrorist_threat.html

Ok, hear me out.
First of all, while I don't agree with some of the things he said, Glenn Beck did not seem to insinuate that we were terrorists. One of his guests was the only one who actually made an "attack" when he said that Lew Rockwell was "in bed with the islamo-facists".

Glenn Beck is a libertarian. Is it possible that he likes Ron Paul and is being told that he can't say positive things about him. So he gets an obvious crazy (self-proclaimed ex-communist) guy to insinuate that Ron Paul supporters are crazy?

I just would hate for this guy to get fired over something that is not as bad as it is being portrayed. Is it possible that CNN wants this whole thing to happen. That they want us to "make" them fire him and then they can use it against us? Check out this exerpt from Glenn Beck's bio on Wikipedia:

"Glenn Beck was raised a Roman Catholic. He was born in Mt. Vernon, Washington, and attended high school in Bellingham. His mother committed suicide when he was 13. One of his brothers also committed suicide, and another reportedly had a fatal heart attack. [5]
Beck is a self-described reformed alcoholic and drug addict. In the aftermath of those three family tragedies, Beck said he used "Dr. Jack Daniels" and heavy drugs to cope. He and his first wife divorced amid his struggle with substance abuse. Beck cites the help of Alcoholics Anonymous in his sobriety, and he eventually converted to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints which teaches against the consumption of alcohol.
Beck has two teenage daughters, Hannah and Mary, by his first marriage; Mary has cerebral palsy. He has two children, Raphe (adopted in 2004) and Cheyenne (born 2006), with his second wife, Tania."

Is it going to make us look bad if we get this guy fired?
Do you think he might be a closet-Ron Paul fan? Should we reach out to him in a more civil manner instead of what we are doing?

PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO FOR YOURSELF and make an informed decision about this attack on Glenn Beck.

PLEASE don't think I am a troll...check out my other posts before you burn me at the stake for wondering if maybe we are doing the wrong thing here.

Fyretrohl
11-19-2007, 02:54 PM
My biggest gripe..And, I will repost...I am LDS...

He has never, to my knowledge, suggested that our troops should or would need to come home to defend our nation/constitution from the politicians currently trouncing on it. For me, it was a final straw type of event. I like Glenn Beck as a person, but, am not happy with how he performs his job and show my distaste by refusing to watch his entertainment show. Hopefully, he can find a way to bring his work in line with his faith. I have the same issue with Mitt Romney. Funny that Ron Paul ACTS more LDS than the LDS people in the public eye.

Chester Copperpot
11-19-2007, 02:55 PM
I understand your concern.. I had a similar question at first as well.. But fuck glen beck.. Time after time he has done everything he could to smear Ron Paul and US - the supporters.

Be careful of what you wish for you might just get it. He has incurred the wrath of us for along time now and saying we are in bed with islamo fascists and the military should lock us up???

FUCK GLEN BECK.
HE WANTED WAR, NOW HE HAS IT.
ANd this isnt even a full scale war with us.. not everybody is doing it.. Personally Ive only sent 3 emails.. thats it.

If this was full scale Id be calling people on the phone and screaming

kylejack
11-19-2007, 02:56 PM
I hope you learned to watch the videos before you get on the hate-wagon. I like Beck and he did nothing wrong. What he said is true, even if he is a little hung up on Islamo-fascism.

Chester Copperpot
11-19-2007, 02:56 PM
My biggest gripe..And, I will repost...I am LDS...

He has never, to my knowledge, suggested that our troops should or would need to come home to defend our nation/constitution from the politicians currently trouncing on it. For me, it was a final straw type of event. I like Glenn Beck as a person, but, am not happy with how he performs his job and show my distaste by refusing to watch his entertainment show. Hopefully, he can find a way to bring his work in line with his faith. I have the same issue with Mitt Romney. Funny that Ron Paul ACTS more LDS than the LDS people in the public eye.

Agreed.. final straw sort of thing.. Glen beck gets off a LOT easier than my NJ COngressman or Senators.

Thats why we need to coordinate this sort of stuff with our govt and get real things done like abolisyhing the FEd

paulitics
11-19-2007, 02:58 PM
No, I think it is quite clear that he insinuated us as terrorists. Thats why he had on 2 guys that would never defend Paul's supporters. It was a well thought out propaganda piece. How many times did he say terrorist, and blowing things up?

Cindy
11-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Beck was bi-polar through it. On the one hand, he seemed to be supporting people who are fed up with the current administration and taking action. On the other, he compared Fawks to Timothy McVey, and compared Paul and his supporters to Fawks

He implied that some Paul supporters may be taking the revolution too seriously and implied that those sorts, may become the equivalent of a domestic terrorist like Timothy McVay.

Thats just ignorant, assinine, unfounded and was a very careless and wreckless thing to imply.

I think there are mixed reactions to it because he was playing both sides of the fence. Some heard one, some heard the other, and some heard both, believing he is bi-polar and needs to be on meds for it.

constitutional
11-19-2007, 03:00 PM
"Glenn Beck is a libertarian. Is it possible that he likes Ron Paul and is being told that he can't say positive things about him. So he gets an obvious crazy (self-proclaimed ex-communist) guy to insinuate that Ron Paul supporters are crazy?"

Being told? That's not an excuse to attack someone like Ron Paul. He looses all integrity if he does that.

Glenn is WRONG. I know people that watch Glenn beck and they say: "they hate us because of our freedom."

And you provided some information on his past life. Big deal? Our cause for liberty should be greater than one single persons tragic life.

hillertexas
11-19-2007, 03:00 PM
No, I think it is quite clear that he insinuated us as terrorists. Thats why he had on 2 guys that would never defend Paul's supporters. It was a well thought out propaganda piece. How many times did he say terrorist, and blowing things up?

that's a very good point

American
11-19-2007, 03:02 PM
I hope you learned to watch the videos before you get on the hate-wagon. I like Beck and he did nothing wrong. What he said is true, even if he is a little hung up on Islamo-fascism.

SPeak for yourself fucko, I am not any terrorist and Glen Beck should be held responsible for his actions. I dont give two shits if the guy a raging alcoholic with down syndrome. He said what he said and he even brought on a self described Marxist to make the claim.

If this campaign is going to be held accountable for a few White Nationalist in which Ron Paul has no control over, then Glen Beck is also going to be held responsible for his words which is does have control over.

I always knew Kylejack was a terrorist and is in bed with islamofascist, A$$hole

me3
11-19-2007, 03:03 PM
I never endorsed going after Beck, and after watching the video, I think if anyone should have received a backlash, it should have been Horowitz.

I wish we had all watched this before making our decisions to support or decry Glenn Beck and his show. There is nothing subersive or weak about being properly informed. And as that Cirillo guy said, not "outsourcing our thinking".

FreedomLover
I really don't care. You guys go overboard sometimes.

partypooper
I just would hate for this guy to get fired over something that is not as bad as it is being portrayed.

i watched the video and it was nowhere near as bad as it was described here. i would like to see RP on his show.

American
11-19-2007, 03:05 PM
Say what you will the leading reason we have to campaign so hard and so long is because the media is shaping popular opinion, if they monkeys are not held in check we dont stand a chance.

hillertexas
11-19-2007, 03:06 PM
"Glenn Beck is a libertarian. Is it possible that he likes Ron Paul and is being told that he can't say positive things about him. So he gets an obvious crazy (self-proclaimed ex-communist) guy to insinuate that Ron Paul supporters are crazy?"

Being told? That's not an excuse to attack someone like Ron Paul. He looses all integrity if he does that.

Glenn is WRONG. I know people that watch Glenn beck and they say: "they hate us because of our freedom."

And you provided some information on his past life. Big deal? Our cause for liberty should be greater than one single persons tragic life.

I just added that becuse it would gain sympathy for the other side if we did in fact get Glenn Beck fired and they came out with something like "Glenn Beck's daughter with cerebral palsy condemns Ron Paul Supporters for prompting CNN to fire her dad"

That's all. I'm on your side. I just have a soft heart.:)

happyphilter
11-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Being called a terrorist for my beliefs was the last straw.
Ive seen the video, but I have had it with him. I like the guy and I think he isn't so bad, but he really pushed it too far in my opinion to be allowed to be an honest unbiased news source. If people start believing in his kind of rhetoric, it wont be too long until we are actually locked up and called terrorists.

American
11-19-2007, 03:09 PM
I just added that becuse it would gain sympathy for the other side if we did in fact get Glenn Beck fired and they came out with something like "Glenn Beck's daughter with cerebral palsy condemns Ron Paul Supporters for prompting CNN to fire her dad"

That's all. I'm on your side. I just have a soft heart.:)

Ok, that is the lamest thing I have ever heard. Lets create more problems with no factual basis then talk about what we can do to avoid something that doesn't exist. Just lovely

kylejack
11-19-2007, 03:10 PM
Being called a terrorist for my beliefs was the last straw.
When that actually happens, make sure and let us know, because Glenn Beck did not call you a terrorist.

American
11-19-2007, 03:14 PM
When that actually happens, make sure and let us know, because Glenn Beck did not call you a terrorist.

a "Domestic threat" means the same thing.

Be sure to wear your "Rudy" shirt when this get nasty.

me3
11-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Please do not confuse this thread with facts.

BuddyRey
11-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Glenn Beck is a libertarian.

Don't you believe it! Glenn Beck is about as libertarian as Mussolini.

kylejack
11-19-2007, 03:17 PM
a "Domestic threat" means the same thing.

Be sure to wear your "Rudy" shirt when this get nasty.

Glenn Beck did not call you a domestic threat, but when he does, make sure and let us know.

hillertexas
11-19-2007, 03:23 PM
I also heard that Glenn Beck said that the US should use the military against us, but never saw it in the video.

The "theme" of the video seemed to be the rise of the amount of people who have become disenfranchised with our government.

All I'm saying is that maybe we should be seeking an on-air retraction/correction and Ron Paul invited to the show to defend us RATHER than Glenn Beck's head on a plate.

Benaiah
11-19-2007, 03:25 PM
//

American
11-19-2007, 03:25 PM
Glenn Beck did not call you a domestic threat, but when he does, make sure and let us know.

I dont know why I entertain anything you post, I believe we have been here before, are you even old enough to vote, and live in the US?

His implication was as straight forward as you could get there Einstein

kylejack
11-19-2007, 03:30 PM
I dont know why I entertain anything you post, I believe we have been here before, are you even old enough to vote, and live in the US?

His implication was as straight forward as you could get there Einstein
No, it wasn't. He said some supporters of Ron Paul advocate violence. He is correct, some do. He said most of them understand it was just a gimmick for a fund-raiser. He is correct, most do. Any implication that all Ron Paul supporters are terrorists or domestic threads was imagined, and not something he said or implied.

me3
11-19-2007, 03:48 PM
KJ, please stop posting facts! You are ruining a perfectly good irrational overreaction! :D

American
11-19-2007, 03:50 PM
No, it wasn't. He said some supporters of Ron Paul advocate violence. He is correct, some do. He said most of them understand it was just a gimmick for a fund-raiser. He is correct, most do. Any implication that all Ron Paul supporters are terrorists or domestic threads was imagined, and not something he said or implied.

KJ, please stop posting facts! You are ruining a perfectly good irrational overreaction! :D

I just want to know how and why you keep juggling between these two profiles, that is some skill you have.

Different names, same BS controlling pseudo Ron Paul supporting.

Dont they have a forum for Rudy supporters?

conner_condor
11-19-2007, 03:53 PM

It can be seen here: http://www.voteronpaul.com/videos/ron_paul_111607_terrorist_threat.html

Ok, hear me out.
First of all, while I don't agree with some of the things he said, Glenn Beck did not seem to insinuate that we were terrorists. One of his guests was the only one who actually made an "attack" when he said that Lew Rockwell was "in bed with the islamo-facists".

Glenn Beck is a libertarian. Is it possible that he likes Ron Paul and is being told that he can't say positive things about him. So he gets an obvious crazy (self-proclaimed ex-communist) guy to insinuate that Ron Paul supporters are crazy?

I just would hate for this guy to get fired over something that is not as bad as it is being portrayed. Is it possible that CNN wants this whole thing to happen. That they want us to "make" them fire him and then they can use it against us? Check out this exerpt from Glenn Beck's bio on Wikipedia:

"Glenn Beck was raised a Roman Catholic. He was born in Mt. Vernon, Washington, and attended high school in Bellingham. His mother committed suicide when he was 13. One of his brothers also committed suicide, and another reportedly had a fatal heart attack. [5]
Beck is a self-described reformed alcoholic and drug addict. In the aftermath of those three family tragedies, Beck said he used "Dr. Jack Daniels" and heavy drugs to cope. He and his first wife divorced amid his struggle with substance abuse. Beck cites the help of Alcoholics Anonymous in his sobriety, and he eventually converted to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints which teaches against the consumption of alcohol.
Beck has two teenage daughters, Hannah and Mary, by his first marriage; Mary has cerebral palsy. He has two children, Raphe (adopted in 2004) and Cheyenne (born 2006), with his second wife, Tania."

Is it going to make us look bad if we get this guy fired?
Do you think he might be a closet-Ron Paul fan? Should we reach out to him in a more civil manner instead of what we are doing?

PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO FOR YOURSELF and make an informed decision about this attack on Glenn Beck.

PLEASE don't think I am a troll...check out my other posts before you burn me at the stake for wondering if maybe we are doing the wrong thing here.

You might have a point. Maybe he is trying to get more people to stand behind Ron Paul and take this country back. After watching the video over a few times,It could be. You have to understand is that the Americans don't trust the media any more also. Post more videos of his reports about Ron Paul.

From 1 minute mark to the 2:25 mark is quite interesting talking there. Is he hinting for everyone to know this is the time to make a stand behind RP?

It still is not clear to me what he is doing here though.

conner_condor
11-19-2007, 03:58 PM
Well another thing,if he gets fired or knows he is going to get fired and says that he does support RP on the air we would have to get his job back for him.:D

OPPPS our bad mr beck.:D:D:D:D

I am still confused about his message a bit though.

hillertexas
11-19-2007, 04:03 PM
You might have a point. Maybe he is trying to get more people to stand behind Ron Paul and take this country back. After watching the video over a few times,It could be. You have to understand is that the Americans don't trust the media any more also. Post more videos of his reports about Ron Paul.

From 1 minute mark to the 2:25 mark is quite interesting talking there. Is he hinting for everyone to know this is the time to make a stand behind RP?

It still is not clear to me what he is doing here though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfMOvKyBZCY&feature=related

Here is another video I found of Glenn Beck talking about Ron Paul from 10/09/07. It's not great. But it's not evil. Glenn Beck seems uninformed, not sinister. He says that he has asked Ron Paul to come on the show and it didn't happen but that doesn't mean that he shouldn't be invited back. If we can get Ron Paul on the show, all of this negativity could be channeled elsewhere.

Cindy
11-19-2007, 04:05 PM

The problem is, the viewers of that show, who believed him about the few, do not have anyway of knowing who those few may be, when they see someone wearing an RP shirt or bumper sticker.

That's why some see it as, he might as well have said we all are a potential domestic terrorist threat.

Some Iraq war vet or nam vet, or cookie baking, blanket knitting granny may have a Ron paul bumper sticker on their car and some crazed Beck fan might scream Terrorist at them and their families.

Who needs Beck sigging America on us, or making us afraid to stand out in the open, and proud to support the Constitution and Paul peacefully.

I do not like seeing anyone inciting the public to fear or hate us. I don't own a gun and I am a pacifist.

I would like to see Paul go on his show ASAP and put a rest to this childishness of Becks.

kylejack
11-19-2007, 04:12 PM
I just want to know how and why you keep juggling between these two profiles, that is some skill you have.

Different names, same BS controlling pseudo Ron Paul supporting.

Dont they have a forum for Rudy supporters?

Aw look, its a little conspiracy theory! Isn't it cute? YES IT IS. YES IT IS. Tickle tickle!

hillertexas
11-19-2007, 04:14 PM
Aw look, its a little conspiracy theory! Isn't it cute? YES IT IS. YES IT IS. Tickle tickle!

LOL

conner_condor
11-19-2007, 04:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfMOvKyBZCY&feature=related

Here is another video I found of Glenn Beck talking about Ron Paul from 10/09/07. It's not great. But it's not evil. Glenn Beck seems uninformed, not sinister. He says that he has asked Ron Paul to come on the show and it didn't happen but that doesn't mean that he shouldn't be invited back. If we can get Ron Paul on the show, all of this negativity could be channeled elsewhere.

I think now that beck has a split personality. There has to be something mentally wrong with him. Look at what he has been through? That would cause anyone to be a bit disfunctional for the rest of their lives. He has a split personlity I do now believe. Being called a kook of crazy town, No, I wouldn't go back on that show unless an apology is given.

Derek Johnson
11-19-2007, 04:22 PM
Beck, like Hannity, Levin, Limbaugh, Medved, O'Reilly and so forth spoon feed poison to America, word by word, open wide, insert slow death.

These traitors contort and attempt to champion "conservatism", which to their horror, is Ron's platform. They guard and protect the CFR, NAU, SPP, Trans Texas Corridor, Internationalism, Authoritarianism, Mercantilism, Big Government, NAFTA, CAFTA, and other garden variety free trade deals....all stuff our founding fathers warned us of repeatedly. Beck stands tall amoung them as a reasonable sounding voice that is trying to sort it all out. Beck has known about the CFR for a while, don't let his "recent CFR revelation" fool you. He is slick and knows how to walk a fence.

Beck made his choice. I chose to defend the US Constitution in 1989 it went like this:

"I do solemnly swear, that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

Glenn Beck is an enemy to the US Constitution. Glen Beck is an enemy to the bill of rights of the same. Glen Beck is an enemy of mine. I choose to fight this traitor by not listening to his brainwash, and not support the sponsors of this domestic enemy to me, the constitution, and the bill of rights of the same. I choose to fight this traitor by exposing his principle character flaw: he speaks halve truths...and does this pretty much none stop. As another astutely posted: FUCK GLENN BECK.

BillyDkid
11-19-2007, 04:24 PM

Ok, hear me out.

Glenn Beck is a libertarian. Oh pullleeeze. Glen Beck couldn't be any less of a libertarian if he was Stalin.

American
11-19-2007, 04:25 PM

LOL

Oh look the troll found a friend to play with, take it to the chat room kids.

hillertexas
11-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Oh look the troll found a friend to play with, take it to the chat room kids.

You need to calm down, man. These are stressful and emotional times for all of us. It's ok to have a sense of humor, it doesn't mean one is a troll.

McCarthy Was Right
11-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Beck just needs to be more respectful. He is antagonizing us.

I think what we did was perfect. We were able to pull one sponsor. Lets leave him alone and hope he got the message.

Kap
11-19-2007, 04:58 PM
I actually created the stir after viewing the video and the boycott list. I've been calling for boycotts and protests against this type of "journalism" for a while. While I agree it's easier to ignore anyone who disagrees with you, we needed to set the facts straight.

Did he actually come out and say "Ron Paul supporters are terrorists". No, but the insuination is clear as day. Notice Beck never cited any fringe elements in any other campaign or provide data showing Ron Paul terrorists. I'm sure he could have if he decided to actually research his claims or even cut Horowitz off when he was making. For any viewer that half-listened or "just tuned in" the connection between Ron Paul and terrorists would have been made.

This campaign cannot allow this to happen. Getting called a terrorist now removes every Constitutional right you have and subjects you to be shipped off and tortured. Hell you can't even have access to a lawyer to dispute your claims. How are we going to help Ron Paul get elected if our members are facing that?

It's a far jump from what might happen I'll admit, but I'm not one for taking chances on something as important as Ron Paul and this movement.
What we're fighting for today, at this moment, is freedom, liberty, and the return to the Constitution. If Beck, or any fool of a "journalist", wants to make those types of claims then his sponsors won't get a DIME from me any longer.

He should have thought better. I feel sorry for Beck's personal life, but it in no way protects him from slandering any of us. I'm sure there are many here that have similar stories, but that doesn't justify what happened.

Kap

p.s. This idea of boycotting is hardly original, but incredibly effective. I borrowed it from a famous civil rights leader who lead a nation on boycotting buses during the civil rights movement, Dr. Martin Luther King.

enjerth
11-20-2007, 02:22 PM
I like Beck and I believe he DID do something wrong. Yes, I know there are a few radicals in the camp. Yes, I know that it's true. It's because we aren't a bunch of hippies that are just touting peace and love, man.

Glenn Beck turned it into something it wasn't: a big deal. Every group has rotten apples. But he presented it as a likely source for future domestic terrorism. Hyper-bole at it's worst. It's comparable to [what's-her-name] on The View saying that radical Christians are just as bad as Muslim terrorists.

You didn't notice that's what he said? He went right from talking about radical Muslim terrorists to talking about how maybe we need to be more concerned about domestic terrorism... and then went on to talk about Ron Paul supporters as a primary example.