PDA

View Full Version : Romney signs mysteriously replace Ron Paul signs!!!

cayers333
11-19-2007, 02:44 PM
Hi all~ I am an Assistant Organizer for the Greenville, SC meetup group and I have been informed that over the last few days around here, alot of our Signs and banners have been mysteriously taken down and replaced with Mitt Romney signs!!!! Fortunately, we are holding a fundraiser to raise money for a LARGE Ron Paul Billboard along a major highway here in Greenville, SC. (Interstate 85). Maybe they will see that WE CANNOT BE ignored! They can attempt to keep taking our signs down and we will put more up but they cannot take a billboard down! So this makes purchasing this billboard even more important than ever!

We realize how very important the primary in our state is and we are trying to get this billboard up within the next two weeks so that it can be viewed by literally hundreds of thousands who drive this highway on a daily basis. It will be up for at least two months.

We have raised some of the money and are holding a Rock for Ron Paul music event at a local club in order to get this billboard up as soon as possible.

The cost of the billboard is $3800.00 and we are about half way there.

If anyone would like to contribute to this fund, we have an opportunity to have the funds matched by going to this website-- http://ronpaulbillboardsupstatesc.ch...d-1-upstate-sc
and donations will be matched.

We are also charging $10 at the door of The Handlebar in Greenville, SC on Wednesday, Nov. 21st and if anyone that cannot make our show but would like to contribute the equivalent of a ticket, please donate at least $10.00. Every little bit helps.

We also have this site where donations can be made, but these funds are not matched on this site: http://greenville4ronpaul.com/events/

Any questions just look for Connie on the meetup page (http://ronpaul.meetup.com/85/) and contact me through that page.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give us. This billboard is vital to this campaign in this state! We can do this! Let em' try and take a billboard down and replace it!

Energy
11-19-2007, 02:47 PM
Please correct the first link "ronpaulbillboardsupstatesc.ch...d-1-upstate-sc"

Cindy
11-19-2007, 02:47 PM
I wish people would start grabbing some coffee and a video camera and camping out at such spots to catch people doing this on film.

Good plan for the Billboard !!!!!!

Does anyone have a photo of a RP banner or sign being in a certain spot and then can they get one with the Mitt replacement there to make a youtube video of it with?

Hope
11-19-2007, 02:48 PM
Start coating your signs with Crisco. :D

matthylland
11-19-2007, 02:49 PM
do a stakeout near your signs and see who takes them. Get their plate number (if they hop in a car) or follow them and report them....that is a crime am i right?

cayers333
11-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Here is the corrected link (I hope):

ronpaulbillboardsupstatesc.chipin.com/ron-paul-billboard-1-upstate-sc

Yeah, we have thought about the crisco (among other oily gooey things...LOL) and also staking out. It is definitely a pain to deal with after you do all this work of actually going and putting them out, fighting traffic and trying to avoid being run down!

That is why this billboard gives us some hope! We KNOW it will be seen!

Thanks again!

Menthol Patch
11-19-2007, 03:36 PM
I would stake out and wait for them to remove the signs and then go up to them and tell them leave my sign alone.

Tenbatsu
11-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Take the Romney signs down, fair is fair.

DealzOnWheelz
11-19-2007, 03:38 PM
TAKING SIGNS IS A FELONY!!!!!!!

Just so you know.

The Crisco thing works.

Or

Everytime they take one sign put 5 or 10 more right around the same spot

Ethek
11-19-2007, 03:40 PM
We need more signs... and Crisco!

Menthol Patch
11-19-2007, 03:42 PM
No, do not take down other people's signs.

Put more signs up and wait for them to take your sign. Then confront them. If they damage or take your sign get the license plate of their vehicle and call the police.

Cindy
11-19-2007, 03:46 PM
No, do not take down other people's signs.

Put more signs up and wait for them to take your sign. Then confront them. If they damage or take your sign get the license plate of their vehicle and call the police.

and you tube it. :)

Santana28
11-19-2007, 03:47 PM
seriously - catch them in the act and find out who they are. if this is organized by paid employees or interns of the Romney campaign, this has the potential of making major media. i wouldn't put this past the other campaigns, and if the sign-taking seems organized in any way i would track these people down by any means possible ;)

dsentell
11-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Video them -- THIS COULD BE BIG!!!

Son of Freedom
11-19-2007, 03:56 PM
With the amount of Ron Paul signs I'm expecting it's time to get stock in J.M. Smucker Company, the parent company of Crisco.

Specifically, what type of signs are you having issues with? Are they the usual lawn signs on the metal stake-stands? Or something else?

Also, tell me how you do the crisco thing, I don't want to ruin any signs.

American
11-19-2007, 04:00 PM
I say leave the the new signs up and change them to RP signs.

Thats mormon values for you...:D

Blowback
11-19-2007, 04:21 PM
I wonder how much it costs the Romney to campaign to have paid people constantly roaming around the country taking down RP signs and replacing them with Mitt crap. Hilarious

davidkachel
11-19-2007, 04:22 PM
Put a small sign on each sign saying; "This sign was dipped in human waste".
THEN cover each sign with Crisco.

pcosmar
11-19-2007, 04:23 PM

Mix it with skunk scent.

http://images.outdoorinteractive.net/mgen/278587_d.jpg

McCarthy Was Right
11-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Guys, if you see the signs of other candidates do not take them down. Its not nice. Just put more signs than they have. However, definitely take all of the Romney signs down.

tnvoter
11-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Good luck with the billboard, let them try to take down that one! haha

Maltheus
11-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Just have to ask, were these signs on someone's private property without permission? If not, then I'd agree with the others to go all out and get this on tape. I'd say this is a crisis in the Chinese sense of the word.

quickmike
11-19-2007, 05:31 PM
I say dont take down any signs from other candidates. All this will do is open the door for the possiblity of some other candidates supporters to get one of us on camera doing it and it would look REALLY bad. On the other hand, if you see someone come on your private property and try taking down one of your signs, do not hesitate to whoop their ass if you feel comfortable with this. Im not a violent guy, except when it comes to someone stealing/defacing my property, in which case I will not hesitate for a second to take it into my own hands.

Im not suggesting someone do this, unless of course youre like me and are just waiting for a reason to go off on someone messing with my stuff. :D

freelance
11-19-2007, 06:41 PM
and you tube it. :)

Oh heavens yes, OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! :D

Cindy
11-19-2007, 06:43 PM
Mix it with skunk scent.

How do you mix it and put it on the signs, without you yourself ending up reaking?

Otherwise, that is a hysterical idea. It won't hurt anyone, yet it will teach them a lesson about thinking twice before stealing.

pcosmar
11-19-2007, 06:46 PM
How do you mix it and put it on the signs, without you yourself ending up reaking?

Otherwise, that is a hysterical idea. It won't hurt anyone, yet it will teach them a lesson about thinking twice before stealing.

4 inch paint brush.
And hold your breath.

born2drv
11-19-2007, 06:50 PM
I say leave the the new signs up and change them to RP signs.

Thats mormon values for you...:D

Best idea.... just get some spray-glue and paper copies of RP signs and put them right on top of theirs!

LibertyEagle
11-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Mix it with skunk scent.

I like this idea the best. :D

robert4rp08
11-19-2007, 06:57 PM
I just read on this forum a suggestion to rent a UHAUL truck, plaster Ron Paul stuff on it, and either drive it around or park it in a busy area. For $3800, you could rent like 100 trucks!

ValidusCustodiae
11-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Mix it with skunk scent.

But we don't want people to think Ron Paul stinks...

Cindy
11-19-2007, 07:07 PM
But we don't want people to think Ron Paul stinks...

People who take down Ron Paul signs stink, or they will if they try too if you used this idea!!!

Maybe we should just pick up some cheap rubber snakes and leave them laying around the area the signs are in. lol

I'm about to put out 125 lawn signs over the next 10 tens and would like to find a way to discourage anyone from taking them down myself.

JohnCrabtree
11-19-2007, 07:16 PM
my signs on public property get taken down often. I find the best places to put them are on the hwy on and off ramps, people have tp be inconvienced to take them down, so many won't. The ones in town are much more accessible.

As far as legality goes, on public property, They have just as much of a right to take them down as you have to put them up, On your private property, or someone else's private property, than it is stealing. Or at least that is my understanding of how the laws are.

Geronimo
11-19-2007, 07:43 PM

Just the least visible side of the sign.

Geronimo
11-19-2007, 07:46 PM
With the amount of Ron Paul signs I'm expecting it's time to get stock in J.M. Smucker Company, the parent company of Crisco.

Specifically, what type of signs are you having issues with? Are they the usual lawn signs on the metal stake-stands? Or something else?

Also, tell me how you do the crisco thing, I don't want to ruin any signs.

Apply it with one of these.
http://images.orgill.com/200x200/0515460.jpg

RPinSEAZ
11-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Why is everybody recommending to put Crisco on the signs? Other than it being kind of messy, it seems like a mild inconvenience at worst, or am I missing something?

MadTheologian
11-19-2007, 07:56 PM

Two words: poison ivy.

http://poisonivy.aesir.com/view/fastfacts.html

justinc.1089
11-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Put a beartrap beside the sign! lol jj

And don't take the romney signs, put them to use! Stick a Ron Paul poster over them lol!

Ok seriously if you put up a Ron Paul sign in a public place, and someone took it down and put a Romney sign, I would go back and put like 10 homemade Ron Paul signs near the Romney sign to send them a message.