PDA

View Full Version : Romney sinking GOP. Give our guys a life raft.

lakefx
09-24-2012, 08:02 PM
http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/

It appears in the last couple weeks there has been a big shift toward the polls for Obama, Now big enough that the Indy vote could end up tanking congressional and senate seats for the rest of the GOP. Perhaps that is because WE ARE the Indy vote. This site for example, predicts as many as 56 Democratic senators to begin 2013.

This could be bad news for some of our Liberty Republicans in tighter races. Not trying to sound an alarmist tone, I'm betting things even out after the debates, but we need to be proactive in promoting and donating.

Donate to the congressmen or senator nearest and dearest to you!

Hey Mxxxxxx xxxx,

Thank you for giving to "Liberty Dinner Money Bomb" by Justin Amash for Congress!

sailingaway
09-24-2012, 08:08 PM
Amash definitely needs our support. After Ron, he's the best we have.

MozoVote
09-24-2012, 08:10 PM
I'm not willing to give ourselves "credit" beyond negating Romney's convention bounce. His "lack of bounce" did become a mainstream story - although the journalists never dived far into the Rules fiasco to understand what happened. Maybe when the port-mortems on Romneys campaign are published in November though, we'll see articles pointing out how it all began unravelling from there onward.

Basically, Romney is losing now because he's a walking joke. There are numerous videos on YouTube ridiculing him as a caricature. The dog on the roof, $10000 bet, corporations are people, like to fire people, etc etc. He's become a modern Dan Quayle as far a cultural touchstone.

sailingaway
09-24-2012, 08:21 PM
But we in fact are the swing vote, pretty much, per polls.

Regardless, Amash needs support.

nobody's_hero
09-24-2012, 08:26 PM
I don't think liberty republicans would have to worry much.

But I think November will be like the 'night of passover' for a lot of Old Guard republicans who didn't mark their doors.

eleganz
09-24-2012, 08:28 PM
I'm actually really excited about Kurt Bills.

RonRules
09-24-2012, 08:37 PM
Gary Johnson having a 16% favorability rating (20% negative, 63% undecided (Rasmussen)) alone will sink Romney.

That won't affect Liberty candidates like Amash, Bills etc. It can only help them. A Gary Johnson voter for President is much more likely to vote for a Liberty Congressman or Senator.

Brett85
09-24-2012, 08:37 PM
I don't think liberty republicans would have to worry much.

Yes, they will. The top Republican on the ballot getting defeated badly will hurt ALL Republicans on the ballot. That's just the way it always is. I hope that Romney at least doesn't get blown out so that Amash won't get defeated and Thomas Massie can win his race.

sailingaway
09-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Yes, they will. The top Republican on the ballot getting defeated badly will hurt ALL Republicans on the ballot. That's just the way it always is. I hope that Romney at least doesn't get blown out so that Amash won't get defeated and Thomas Massie can win his race.

we have to pick up the slack for our people.

sailingaway
09-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Gary Johnson having a 16% favorability rating (20% negative, 63% undecided (Rasmussen)) alone will sink Romney.

That won't affect Liberty candidates like Amash, Bills etc. It can only help them. A Gary Johnson voter for President is much more likely to vote for a Liberty Congressman or Senator.

That Rasmussen poll said over 60% didn't even know who GJ was, and GJ got one per cent of the poll vote.

I'm surprised that is the poll you are citing.

Natural Citizen
09-24-2012, 08:57 PM
I'm not willing to give ourselves "credit" beyond negating Romney's convention bounce. His "lack of bounce" did become a mainstream story - although the journalists never dived far into the Rules fiasco to understand what happened. Maybe when the port-mortems on Romneys campaign are published in November though, we'll see articles pointing out how it all began unravelling from there onward.

Basically, Romney is losing now because he's a walking joke. There are numerous videos on YouTube ridiculing him as a caricature. The dog on the roof, $10000 bet, corporations are people, like to fire people, etc etc. He's become a modern Dan Quayle as far a cultural touchstone.

I'm of the impression that Mitt was thrown out there just to see how folks would react. Regardless of the popular spew bashing President Obama there really hasn't been to much tyranny brought about at the end of his pen that the neocons don't actually agree with. i think he has more support from them than many suspect. The nickel and dime chit chat we hear on msm is just that. Nickel and diming to keep the false paradigm afloat in the minds of sheep. Lots of rich and powerful mormons about. Think about that.

Mitt is a test....Mitt is only a test. This has been a message from the liberty broadcast system. Mitt is only a test. Had he been an actual contender blah, blah, blah....

09-25-2012, 07:29 AM
Maybe. I'm voting Johnson, but I can stomach the rest of the GOP candidates in my state and will vote for them.

I don't think Romney will get blown out in the popular vote. I think it will be within a few percent. He's doomed in the EC, no chance at all of winning.

supermario21
09-25-2012, 09:18 AM
Look, most generalized voters who have no clue of politics in Amash's district for example are going to look at the R after Romney's name and the R after Amash's name and vote the same way. We can't hope the GOP sinks because if it does, our new guys will likely be the ones losing out the most.

KEEF
09-25-2012, 09:27 AM
Driving in and around Grand Rapids, MI. I am seeing too many Steve Pestka signs... he is running a stupid fear mongering campaign trying to scare minorities and the elderly to vote for him.

I agree with one of the above statements that said that most John Q. Public people who vote against Romney are just going to vote straight ticket against anyone with an R next to their name.

JUSTIN AMASH NEEDS OUR HELP!!!

lakefx
09-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Driving in and around Grand Rapids, MI. I am seeing too many Steve Pestka signs... he is running a stupid fear mongering campaign trying to scare minorities and the elderly to vote for him.

Drive outside of GR a bit...You won't find a Petska sign...but you'll see lots of highly visible, very large Amash signs...all by themselves even. Kentwood, Dutton, Alaska, Caledonia, Middleville, Rockford, Plainfield....All Amash. Pestka can't win on a handful of ill informed inner city neighborhoods. And actually...An Obama blowout might keep some of those soft support voters at home anyway. Hang out at a bar in downtown GR...nothing but love for Amash from anyone I talk to.

Even still...He needs our help. That negative fear mongering needs to be exposed for what it is.

Anti Federalist
09-25-2012, 08:07 PM
I'm of the impression that Mitt was thrown out there just to see how folks would react. Regardless of the popular spew bashing President Obama there really hasn't been to much tyranny brought about at the end of his pen that the neocons don't actually agree with. i think he has more support from them than many suspect. The nickel and dime chit chat we hear on msm is just that. Nickel and diming to keep the false paradigm afloat in the minds of sheep. Lots of rich and powerful mormons about. Think about that.
Mitt is a test....Mitt is only a test. This has been a message from the liberty broadcast system. Mitt is only a test. Had he been an actual contender blah, blah, blah....

No need to think about it, already have and you are right, that is exactly what it boils down to, especially at the upper levels.

supermario21
09-25-2012, 08:55 PM
I think we contradict ourselves here on these forums too often. We're begging for a life raft for our guys yet it is many of the people saying that we should deliberately sink Romney into the ground. Even if you don't want to vote for him, do it silently, and continue to work for your local parties if it means supporting an Amash, Bills, etc. The stronger the party infrastructure is, the more successful our grassroots guys will be.