PDA

View Full Version : What are our recent accomplishments?

Spirit of '76
11-19-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm going to my county's Republican Executive Committee meeting tonight, and I'd like to give them a little update on our campaign's recent accomplishments and where we're going.

What should I mention?

Here's what I have so far:

November 5 fundraising
Philly Rally
Goldwater endorsement
Local delegate signups
TeaParty07

What am I forgetting?

ASayre
11-19-2007, 02:40 PM
USA Today Ad?

Chester Copperpot
11-19-2007, 02:42 PM
up to 8% in NH and Nevada ?

me3
11-19-2007, 02:43 PM
Endorsements from Montana and NJ.

Largest single day of fundraising on or offline by a GOP candidate this cycle.

Maybe some of Dr. Paul's recent bills introduced to Congress (if they are relevant).

Office in NV, and 3 offices in SC opened.

Poll position in NV and NH.

Straw Poll performance in California (Fresno).

Basically, use the Press Releases on the official site. Should provide you with a lot of facts and material.

Best of luck at your meeting!

matthylland
11-19-2007, 02:44 PM
Military donations

Spirit of '76
11-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Good suggestions, everyone. Keep 'em coming! :)

partypooper
11-19-2007, 02:55 PM
What am I forgetting?

raising in pretty much all polls?

Spirit of '76
11-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Yeah, I'd like to have some hard numbers, though.

To be honest, I really don't like discussing those polls, because I think they're BS, and discussing them like they matter just seems to validate them.

I think I will mention that John Zogby himself was on Hannity saying that Ron will pull around 18% in NH (but I'll be sure to mention that Zogby underestimates us). :)

partypooper
11-19-2007, 03:10 PM
Yeah, I'd like to have some hard numbers, though.

To be honest, I really don't like discussing those polls, because I think they're BS, and discussing them like they matter just seems to validate them.

there are hard numbers all over the place (check the official campaign sub-forum). you do not need to embrace the polls in order to embrace trends in the polls. if all polls show that we went up after media exposure around nov 5 that can be advertised as evidence that, once people learn about dr paul, they embrace him. also show evidence that dr paul got less media time than (i think) any other candidate (there is a link to that at the offical campaign news sub-forum).

I think I will mention that John Zogby himself was on Hannity saying that Ron will pull around 18% in NH (but I'll be sure to mention that Zogby underestimates us). :)

objectively speaking that is the weakest evidence of all. as i understood, that was just his opinion, i didn't see it backed-up with evidence (though it is possible that he bases it on some internal polling data or something).

BerlinForFreedom
11-19-2007, 03:15 PM
maybe the Bernanke story?

IHaveaDream
11-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Hit pieces on Ron Paul are starting to flourish. You don't see that happening to the other "also ran's". RP's opponents are starting to take him serious. That's a very good sign for this movement.

Spirit of '76
11-19-2007, 03:23 PM
objectively speaking that is the weakest evidence of all. as i understood, that was just his opinion, i didn't see it backed-up with evidence (though it is possible that he bases it on some internal polling data or something).

Understood, but I'm looking for what I can squeeze into soundbite-sized chunks in a couple of minutes. Let's face it, if the typical Republican Party enthusiast were swayed by facts rather than unsubstantiated opinions and weak evidence, this country wouldn't be in half as much trouble as we are.

Anyway, I'll check the PCC site for poll numbers and press releases. Thanks.

Spirit of '76
11-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Ok, here's my list so far:

November 5 -- beat all primary fundraising records; $4.3 mil from almost 38,000 individual patriots
Planning another for Dec. 16 -- TeaParty07.com
Goldwater Endorsement
Opinion Polls -- Passes Thompson in NH & Iowa (Several polls); Only Repub. who beats out Hillary among 30-49 age group (Rasmussen); Top Repub. candidate among black voters (Rasmussen); Zogby on Hannity predicted around 18% in NH (but he underestimates us)
Straw Polls -- Still won more than anyone else; New victories in California, Washington, Nevada
Still more military donations than any other candidate
Philly Rally -- 5,000 people; historic location; lots of vets and even some active duty personnel; endorsements from NJ State Senator Mike Doherty (West Point grad; three sons in military who also support Ron) and John "Top" Holland (retired MSG; veteran of WWII, Korea, and Vietnam; founder of American Foundation for Accountability of POW/MIAs)
Continue to register delegates throughout WV; signed up ten more at the gun show in Charleston over the weekend

Anything else?