PDA

View Full Version : Romney Doesn’t Understand Why You Can’t Roll Down Windows On A Plane

RickyJ
09-24-2012, 01:07 PM
http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/09/24/899441/romney-plane-windows/

On Monday, Mitt Romney offered a remedy to the problem that caused his wife’s airplane to land prematurely last week: Allow passengers to roll down the airplane windows.

Ann Romney’s plane was grounded Friday after the main cabin filled with smoke. The small electrical fire caused no injuries, but apparently did cause the Presidential candidate to forget the dangers of altitude.

“When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly,” he told the LA Times. “And you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem.”

Air crafts do not open windows because the cabins are pressurized to fly safely at an altitude of tens of thousand feet. Opening a window in an airplane would seriously sicken the passengers and crew.

Mitt Romney pulls in $6 million at Beverly Hills fundraiser (http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-romney-beverly-hills-fundraiser-20120922,0,2317962.story)

Mitt Romney took in $6 million Saturday night at a Beverly Hills fundraiser, he said, as his backers tried to quell concern about the rocky road the Republican nominee has faced in his presidential bid in recent days.

Tom Tellefsen, a major bundler and chairman of the candidate’s California Finance Committee, tried to reassure donors as he introduced Romney to about 1,500 people who paid up to $50,000 to see the candidate speak at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.

"At this moment I know you are probably feeling a bit worried, frustrated, even angry as you watch President Obama, the mainstream media and the pundits attack Mitt with distortions and inaccuracies," Tellefsen said. "So I wanted to share some thoughts with you tonight. They can provide you some comfort. Polls are not elections. The voters have not yet spoken."

PHOTOS: Paul Ryan's past

Tellefsen was referring to the travails Romney has faced in recent days, notably a secretly recorded video that shows him making controversial remarks about nearly half the nation’s population, and polls that show him losing ground in battleground states.

But financially, Romney has been doing well, as national finance chairman Spencer Zwick noted. The campaign has raised more than $500 million, he said, including nearly $25 million from the Los Angeles area. Romney also had big-dollar events in Del Mar and Hillsborough on this California fundraising swing.

Romney’s wife, Ann, was in attendance, and the candidate spoke of the concern he had for her when her plane had to make an emergency landing Friday en route to Santa Monica because of an electrical malfunction.

“I appreciate the fact that she is on the ground, safe and sound. And I don’t think she knows just how worried some of us were,” Romney said. “When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly, there’s no — and you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem. So it’s very dangerous. And she was choking and rubbing her eyes. Fortunately, there was enough oxygen for the pilot and copilot to make a safe landing in Denver. But she’s safe and sound.”

The crowd also heard from comedian Dennis Miller and musician and record producer David Foster, portions of the evening that were closed to reporters but acknowledged by the Romneys.

PHOTOS: Mitt Romney’s campaign gaffes

“I want to thank Dennis Miller for not just the humor, but the truth in the humor,” Romney said. “Much of what he said tonight, much of what he said was very encouraging and uplifting.”

No visit to California by a Republican candidate could be complete without a nod to the state’s liberal bent.

“I know in some of the communities around this particular hotel it’s hard to let people know you’re conservative without them looking at you funny," Romney said, before noting that he had lunch with “a very famous actor — very famous. Very liberal. I won’t tell you his name or he’d shoot me… He pulled me aside, he said, ‘In this town, you really can’t get work unless you’re known as a liberal,’ and he said, ‘But no one knows how I really vote.’ And there are a lot of people that feel that way.”

ZENemy
09-24-2012, 01:11 PM
its ok, he can just ask his lawyers.

RickyJ
09-24-2012, 01:11 PM
I think it is safe to say Romney is in the same league as George W. Bush in the intelligence category. Although I am sure even W knew this much being a pilot in the national guard.

AuH20
09-24-2012, 01:15 PM
He's not wrong if they are flying at low altitude. This is largely Thinkbackward nonsense trying to portray their boy king as his intellectual superior. Romney is pretty erudite, and speaks near perfect French.

So let's recap. First, the narrative was that Romney never paid any taxes and then later it was revealed that he gave over $4 million to various charities in 2011. Now the meme is that's he 'dumb'. LOL You don't rise to the extreme heights of the business world with an average IQ, but don't tell Thinkbackward that.

RickyJ
09-24-2012, 01:26 PM
He's not wrong if they are flying at low altitude. This is largely Thinkbackward nonsense trying to portray their boy king as his intellectual superior. Romney is pretty erudite, and speaks near perfect French. First, the narrative was that Romney never paid any taxes and then later it was revealed that he gave over $4 million to various charities in 2011. Now the meme is that's he 'dumb'. LOL You don't rise to the height of the business world with average IQs.

Speaking another language does not necessarily mean one is intelligent. Only during landing and takeoff do jet planes fly at low altitude. It was an idiotic comment for him to make and shows that he isn't that bright. There are plenty of dumb millionaires out there, if you don't think so then you haven't been paying attention.

dannno
09-24-2012, 01:27 PM
He's not wrong if they are flying at low altitude.

What commercial airliners fly at low altitude?

AuH20
09-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Speaking another language does not necessarily mean one is intelligent. Only during landing and takeoff do jet planes fly at low altitude. It was an idiotic comment for him to make and shows that he isn't that bright. There are plenty of dumb millionaires out there, if you don't think so then you haven't been paying attention.

There was never any context addded . You really think Romney doesn't know that there is thinner air at higher altitudes??? Seriously? A man who's business dealings led him to fly all over the world on a consistent basis??? Do you really believe that??? The ex-CEO of Bain Capital? You may not like the man's politics, and I'm no fan, but to insinuate that he is some bumbling clod that accidentally fell into his success, is pretty inaccurate. His own overwhelming stupidity somehow was eclipsed by constant rescues of serendipity?

AuH20
09-24-2012, 01:37 PM

When they drop down to land in cases of emergencies, as what transpired with the Romney flight.

jkr
09-24-2012, 01:38 PM
but

*what if*

he is that "uninformed".....hMMmmMMm?

Athan
09-24-2012, 01:38 PM
He's not wrong if they are flying at low altitude.
I'm sorry, have you met American mainstream media? He would have been better off saying he was glad a gremlin wasn't after Ann on the plane. The way he is getting eviscarated, they can't blame this idiotic campaign loss on us. It's all due to the Romney fumble-fest.

DGambler
09-24-2012, 01:39 PM
You don't have to be overly intelligent to succeed in business, just ruthless.

Acala
09-24-2012, 01:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF4H0WfuiM8

AuH20
09-24-2012, 01:42 PM

You haven't closely examined a derivative lately I take it. :)

pcosmar
09-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Every commercial aircraft I ever flew on had Oxygen masks. Has this changed? Or did Mitt never fly by commercial flight?

As far as getting air from outside.. where does he think it comes from?
The Cabin is pressurized,, the air comes from outside the plane. Air is cycled in and out.

Jeeze,, I'm a high school dropout, and auto bodyman and I know this shit.

nobody's_hero
09-24-2012, 01:45 PM
To be sure if there will be any repeat of Bush, I'll need to observe mitt romney drunk. Bush was always drunk so it's not quite an accurate comparison.

AuH20
09-24-2012, 01:50 PM
I'll explain the game to you. The left and the lapdog media employs it all the time. If you can permanently brand your opposition as being dumb, you do not have an obligation to debate them on particular subject matter. They do it all the time with Rand, Ron and whomever has an (R) next to their name. Conversely, despite having severe disagreements with certain progressive politicians, I wouldn't shamelessly discard their arguments on the basis of low intelligence. For example, Barack Obama did not know what P/E meant in relation to the stock market. Do I think he's dumb for mixing that up? No.

jmdrake
09-24-2012, 01:52 PM
He's not wrong if they are flying at low altitude. This is largely Thinkbackward nonsense trying to portray their boy king as his intellectual superior. Romney is pretty erudite, and speaks near perfect French.

So let's recap. First, the narrative was that Romney never paid any taxes and then later it was revealed that he gave over $4 million to various charities in 2011. Now the meme is that's he 'dumb'. LOL You don't rise to the extreme heights of the business world with an average IQ, but don't tell Thinkbackward that.

Let's analyze for a second.

“When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly,” he told the LA Times. “And you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem.”

Oh really?

http://blogs.howstuffworks.com/2011/04/12/how-airplane-cabin-pressurization-works-keeping-you-comfortable-in-the-death-zone-at-33000-feet/
The first thing that has to happen is pressurization. The air at sea level is about 14.7 PSI (pounds per square inch). The pressure at 33,000 feet (roughly 6 miles up) is approximately 4 PSI. Something has to be done to increase the pressure, or people would quickly pass out from lack of oxygen at 4 PSI. Fortunately, the jet engines on the aircraft act like big air compressors.

If you take apart a jet engine and look at it, it has four main sections. At the front, where the air is coming in, there is the compressor stage. Blades suck in air and compress it. The fuel is injected into the compressed air and ignited in the combustion stage. The air expands greatly from the heat of combustion, and flows through another set of blades, turning them as it passes through. And then the exhaust gases flow out of the engine to create thrust to keep the airplane in the air.

By creating an opening in the engine between the compression stage and the combustion stage, high pressure air can bleed out of the engine and feed into the cabin to pressurize it. Because this air has just been pressurized, it is hot. Therefore, the ventilation system on the plane will first cool it down (using the extremely cold outside air that is readily available) to a comfortable temperature. The air pressure inside the plane is not sea level pressure – it is more like Denver pressure. You can think of the airplane’s cabin like a big pressurized tube.

jmdrake
09-24-2012, 01:54 PM
Every commercial aircraft I ever flew on had Oxygen masks. Has this changed? Or did Mitt never fly by commercial flight?

The Cabin is pressurized,, the air comes from outside the plane. Air is cycled in and out.

No no no. You just think that there are oxygen masks on plane and that the airplane is continually being pressurized from air coming in from the outside. Romney really knows better than that because he's a millionaire.

jmdrake
09-24-2012, 01:56 PM
I'll explain the game to you. The left and the lapdog media employs it all the time. If you can permanently brand your opposition as being dumb, you do not have an obligation to debate them on particular subject matter. They do it all the time with Rand, Ron and whomever has an (R) next to their name. Conversely, despite having severe disagreements with certain progressive politicians, I wouldn't shamelessly discard their arguments on the basis of low intelligence. For example, Barack Obama did not know what P/E meant in relation to the stock market. Do I think he's dumb for mixing that up? No.

Obama is dumb too. (Think the "57 states" argument). That said, don't you think if they had a "dumb card" to play on Ron or Rand they would have played it by now?

specsaregood
09-24-2012, 01:58 PM

Well technically he didn't say anything about getting air from outside, he said oxygen.

pcosmar
09-24-2012, 01:59 PM
I'll explain the game to you.

I'll explain another to you. You take a kid and prep him his entire life. You have advisers and ministers do everything for him,, you give him wealth and a title,, and when his time comes you crown him king.

It takes no intelligence.

AuH20
09-24-2012, 02:00 PM
Obama is dumb too. (Think the "57 states" argument). That said, don't you think if they had a "dumb card" to play on Ron or Rand they would have played it by now?

You haven't been reading the various political blogs.

jmdrake
09-24-2012, 02:03 PM
You haven't been reading the various political blogs.

I don't have to. Unfortunately people drive traffic to them by posting their drivel here. So far I've seen attacks on the Paul's for being racist, heartless, "crazy", pacifist, Islamo-apologists, etc. But I've yet to see a credible "They're really dumb" argument. I certainly haven't seen anything like that from HuffPo or blog of that caliber.

PaulConventionWV
09-24-2012, 02:04 PM
I think it is safe to say Romney is in the same league as George W. Bush in the intelligence category. Although I am sure even W knew this much being a pilot in the national guard.

I wouldn't say that. Romney doesn't make nearly as many faux pas as Bush did, and he is a successful businessman.

AuH20
09-24-2012, 02:05 PM
I'll explain another to you. You take a kid and prep him his entire life. You have advisers and ministers do everything for him,, you give him wealth and a title,, and when his time comes you crown him king.

It takes no intelligence.

There is one very large monkey wrench in your theory. Mormons are typically very down to earth and self-sufficient as exhibited by the mission work they embark upon after adolescence. This may explain why Romney is so frugal & ultra-cheap like Ron.

pcosmar
09-24-2012, 02:06 PM
neither one would survive a week in the real world without their whole support apparatus .

What the hell is the difference,? they are both puppets of the same puppeteers.

PaulConventionWV
09-24-2012, 02:08 PM

Speaking another language is a very good sign of intelligence. Especially if the person speaks it well and understands the intricacies of the language. My German teacher once commended me because I just "get it." I wasn't a particularly high-scoring student, but my speaking and understanding was very good and I knew it. Speaking fluently in another language implies that you do understand such intricacies of the language.

What's more surprising to me is that you can judge someone's intelligence off of one single comment. It can't be just plain old ignorance, it has to be that the person who said it is just plain stupid. LOL

AuH20
09-24-2012, 02:09 PM
neither one would survive a week in the real world without their whole support apparatus .

What the hell is the difference,? they are both puppets of the same puppeteers.

Depends. If Obama had CIA training like I'm led to believe, he would. And Romney's mission work and outdoor experiences lead to me believe that he could handle it.

Pisces
09-24-2012, 02:10 PM
I don't think Romney is stupid myself. I say that not because he's rich but because he graduated cum laude from Harvard law school. His grades put him in the top 5% of his class. And that was back in the seventies when it was a lot harder to get those kinds of grades. He does say a lot of stupid things like, for example, that Syria is Iran's only "path to the sea" - http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/in-the-loop/post/mitt-romneys-geography-goof/2012/02/23/gIQADBTwVR_blog.html. I wonder if he is uncomfortable talking so just says whatever pops into his head? He's kind of a strange guy; he doesn't seem to have the personality to be a successful politician.

PaulConventionWV
09-24-2012, 02:10 PM
There was never any context addded . You really think Romney doesn't know that there is thinner air at higher altitudes??? Seriously? A man who's business dealings led him to fly all over the world on a consistent basis??? Do you really believe that??? The ex-CEO of Bain Capital? You may not like the man's politics, and I'm no fan, but to insinuate that he is some bumbling clod that accidentally fell into his success, is pretty inaccurate. His own overwhelming stupidity somehow was eclipsed by constant rescues of serendipity?

Exactly. A lot of people here say there are succesful stupid people, but aside from politicians, that is very rarely the case. A CEO is not stupid. It is simply impossible to be the CEO of a major company like that and be braindead.

PaulConventionWV
09-24-2012, 02:12 PM

Bullpucky.

pcosmar
09-24-2012, 02:12 PM
Depends. If Obama had CIA training like I'm led to believe, he would. And Romney's mission work and outdoor experiences lead to me believe that he could handle it.

Mission specific training, and a support network does not translate into walking sense or survival skills.

Why the hell would anyone defend this Useless tool?

RickyJ
09-24-2012, 02:15 PM
What's more surprising to me is that you can judge someone's intelligence off of one single comment. It can't be just plain old ignorance, it has to be that the person who said it is just plain stupid. LOL

He is ignorant about too much is the problem, especially since he flies so much, it is not like this is the first time the guy every flew on an airplane. I know plenty of people that speak more than language that aren't particularly bright. Language is only a means of expressing ones self. Idiots can and do express themselves in more than one language.

opal
09-24-2012, 02:16 PM
just a case of open mouth - insert foot - to the hip

AuH20
09-24-2012, 02:16 PM
Mission specific training, and a support network does not translate into walking sense or survival skills.

Why the hell would anyone defend this Useless tool?

I'm defending both useless tools because they aren't as dependent as they APPEAR to the common eye. :)

RonRules
09-24-2012, 02:24 PM
It would also mess up his hair.

RickyJ
09-24-2012, 02:28 PM
I don't think Romney is stupid myself. I say that not because he's rich but because he graduated cum laude from Harvard law school. His grades put him in the top 5% of his class. And that was back in the seventies when it was a lot harder to get those kinds of grades. He does say a lot of stupid things like, for example, that Syria is Iran's only "path to the sea" - http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/in-the-loop/post/mitt-romneys-geography-goof/2012/02/23/gIQADBTwVR_blog.html. I wonder if he is uncomfortable talking so just says whatever pops into his head? He's kind of a strange guy; he doesn't seem to have the personality to be a successful politician.

I'm sure his father's money had nothing to do whatsoever with those grades and that he "earned" it. Yeah, he must just have Alzheimer's now, that must be it. To think Iran needs Syria to get to the sea is just plain dumb! Heck, he makes Sarah Palin look smart with such a comment.

TheGrinch
09-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Christ people, are you really going to argue about some non-policy-related gaffe?

It's clear the media has no interest in discussing the real issues, just a bunch of partisan hit-piece gaffe crap. Be better than that.

Pisces
09-24-2012, 02:32 PM
I'm sure his father's money had nothing to do whatsoever with those grades and that he "earned" it.

George W's father was very rich and an influential politician but that didn't put Dubya in the top 5% of his class. Being from a powerful family doesn't get you good grades - it gets you great opportunities even when you have bad grades.

PaulConventionWV
09-24-2012, 02:35 PM
He is ignorant about too much is the problem, especially since he flies so much, it is not like this is the first time the guy every flew on an airplane. I know plenty of people that speak more than language that aren't particularly bright. Language is only a means of expressing ones self. Idiots can and do express themselves in more than one language.

You know people who speak more than one language that aren't particularly bright? That's because you don't know how to determine intelligence. If somebody "looks" like they're stupid, the exact opposite may be true. Some people thought Einstein was stupid. In fact, they thought he was retarded. It is very easy to judge someone's intelligence when all you have to compare them to is your own perceptions of what intelligence looks like. You should know better than that. And your view of language is overly simplistic. It is about being able to adapt to something other than what you were brought up doing. To do so perfectly shows a very high level of perspective.

People can be ignorant about a lot of things and be very smart. They can also have a lot of information but have low creativity or ability to process the info and use it in new and original ways.

RickyJ
09-24-2012, 02:36 PM
George W's father was very rich and an influential politician but that didn't put Dubya in the top 5% of his class. Being from a powerful family doesn't get you good grades - it gets you great opportunities even when you have bad grades.

I wholeheartedly disagree with that. W. got bad grades because he that is all they could give a guy that wasn't even there half the time and was partying non-stop. Romney at least attended class and made it look like he was trying, so to give him a higher grade than he earned wouldn't have raised too much suspicion, but everyone would know W wouldn't have deserved it. Heck, W. didn't even deserve the 'C's' he got, they weren't going to fail him though.

PaulConventionWV
09-24-2012, 02:37 PM
Christ people, are you really going to argue about some non-policy-related gaffe?

It's clear the media has no interest in discussing the real issues, just a bunch of partisan hit-piece gaffe crap. Be better than that.

What's the point? The election is over. Now we just watch the sheeple decide between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.

Pisces
09-24-2012, 02:37 PM
I wholeheartedly disagree with that. W. got bad grades because he that is all they could give a guy that wasn't even there half the time and was partying non-stop. Romney at least attended class and made it look like he was trying, so to give him a higher grade than he earned wouldn't have raised too much suspicion, but everyone would know W wouldn't have deserved it. Heck, W. didn't even deserve the 'C's' he got, they weren't going to fail him though.

Maybe so. It's not really worth arguing too much about.

Cowlesy
09-24-2012, 02:41 PM
I stopped at ThinkProgress.

RickyJ
09-24-2012, 02:45 PM
What's the point? The election is over. Now we just watch the sheeple decide between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.

Yeah, we should be able to have a little fun with these puppets the elite have chosen as figureheads.

pcosmar
09-24-2012, 02:50 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNTrVGudOls

TheGrinch
09-24-2012, 03:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNTrVGudOls

Excellent example of a hit-piece :rolleyes:

Should I link to where he called out Romney for saying he can go to war without congressional approval, or jsut leave you with his explanation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygwZHpTUmaI

dannno
09-24-2012, 03:15 PM
The other option is this was a case of "Mormon humor"

Always very clean and usually dry.

RickyJ
09-24-2012, 03:18 PM
The other option is this was a case of "Mormon humor"

Always very clean and usually dry.

Like putting your dog on top of your car, then when shit starts running down the window, stopping the car, hosing the dog off then putting it back up there and going on. Yeah, that kind of humor is not going to win you many votes.

heavenlyboy34
09-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Speaking another language is a very good sign of intelligence. Especially if the person speaks it well and understands the intricacies of the language. My German teacher once commended me because I just "get it." I wasn't a particularly high-scoring student, but my speaking and understanding was very good and I knew it. Speaking fluently in another language implies that you do understand such intricacies of the language.

Not at all. Children pick up new languages easily because they are in development stages. Pope Benedict speaks a few dozen languages, and most likely isn't a genius.

I don't know if I'm a genius (all known measurements of intelligence are arbitrary and unreliable in practice), but I taught myself basic Russian (one of the most difficult languages out there) and was able to skip over all the introductory material when I found a formal teacher.

PaulConventionWV
09-24-2012, 03:27 PM
Like putting your dog on top of your car, then when shit starts running down the window, stopping the car, hosing the dog off then putting it back up there and going on. Yeah, that kind of humor is not going to win you many votes.

How many times does a dog usually crap when on a car trip on top of a car? I guess the world will never know.

PaulConventionWV
09-24-2012, 03:30 PM
Not at all. Children pick up new languages easily because they are in development stages. Pope Benedict speaks a few dozen languages, and most likely isn't a genius.

Your point? Children can be intelligent. They just aren't fully developed. Yes, they learn new languages easier because they are in developmental stages. What's your point? Also, how do you know how intelligent the pope is? He may be a genius for all I know. If he really does speak a few dozen, I'd say he's pretty bright. Is this another of those "all religious people are dumb as dirt" arguments? Please, I thought we had moved beyond that sort of naivete.

I don't know if I'm a genius (all known measurements of intelligence are arbitrary and unreliable in practice), but I taught myself basic Russian (one of the most difficult languages out there) and was able to skip over all the introductory material when I found a formal teacher.

Good for you. You're probably intelligent. I don't trust most tests either.

pcosmar
09-24-2012, 04:06 PM
Excellent example of a hit-piece :rolleyes:

A hit piece?
I didn't think so,, everything I heard sounded true to me.

This isn't you is it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfTLwJv2BjY&feature=plcp

TheGrinch
09-24-2012, 04:11 PM
A hit piece?

This isn't you is it?

Because I value voting record and not taking bank and lobbyist money over a meaningless token endorsement that persuaded no one? Ummm okay...

You guy in the video seems to hang his hat on rhetoric, and disregarding the actions of the person he's demonizing, so no, I don't think that's a very objective assessment of the situation.

PaulConventionWV
09-24-2012, 05:32 PM
A hit piece?

This isn't you is it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfTLwJv2BjY&feature=plcp

Since when can we judge another human being to be against us just because we don't like his words when his actions have been very consistent with our beliefs? You're acting like he's part of the establishment, part of the ruling elite, deliberately trying to destroy this nation. If you believe that, then you need your head examined.

angelatc
09-24-2012, 05:45 PM

Yep.

ShaneEnochs
09-24-2012, 05:58 PM
I don't care what the hell Romney says, he'll never hold that special place in my heart where Herman Cain lives.

"9-9-9"

"It might be electrified." (Talking about the fence)

"I'm not sure what you mean by neoconservative."

"Right of return? Right of return? Yes. They should have a right to come back if that is a decision that Israel wants to make."

Jesus was sentenced to death by a "liberal court".

Muslims must take an oath of loyalty to the U.S to serve in his administration.

"If I said that I spoke in error. Maybe I didn't understand the question."

He was Häagen-Dazs’s Black Walnut.

"OK, Libya. [pause] President Obama supported the uprising, correct? President Obama called for the removal of Gadhafi. I just wanted to make sure we're talking about the same thing before I say, 'Yes, I agreed' or 'No I didn't agree.' I do not agree with the way he handled it for the following reason — nope, that's a different one. [pause] I gotta go back and see. I got all this stuff twirling around in my head. Specifically, what are you asking me that I agree or not disagree with Obama?"

"We need a leader, not a reader."

"How do you say 'delicious' in Cuban?"

"Michele Bachmann... I'm not going to say it. I'm not going to say it.... Tutti-frutti. I know I’m going to get in trouble!"

"A poet once said, 'Life can be a challenge, life can seem impossible, but it's never easy when there's so much on the line.'"

"The more toppings a man has on his pizza, I believe the more manly he is…. Because the more manly man is not afraid of abundance.... A manly man don't want it piled high with vegetables! He would call that a sissy pizza."

"We didn't hear about it in the previous Congress because Princess Nancy sent to it committee and it stayed there."

"I'm ready for the 'gotcha' questions and they're already starting to come. And when they ask me who is the president of Ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan I'm going to say, you know, I don't know. Do you know? And then I'm going to say, 'How's that going to create one job?'"

I miss him :(

pcosmar
09-24-2012, 06:25 PM
If you believe that, then you need your head examined.

I constantly examine my own head. And constantly question what I am being told.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4uj59SMdbM

I have been told bullshit before.

kathy88
09-24-2012, 06:29 PM
There is one very large monkey wrench in your theory. Mormons are typically very down to earth and self-sufficient as exhibited by the mission work they embark upon after adolescence. This may explain why Romney is so frugal & ultra-cheap like Ron.

He went on the missions trips to avoid the military.

sparebulb
09-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Romney is pretty erudite, and speaks near perfect French.

So does Condolizza Rice. Plus, she plays the piano.

However, I find it better to judge them by their fruits.....romneycare, chronycapitalism, and war.

EBounding
09-24-2012, 06:53 PM
I don't care what the hell Romney says, he'll never hold that special place in my heart where Herman Cain lives.

"9-9-9"

"It might be electrified." (Talking about the fence)

"I'm not sure what you mean by neoconservative."

"Right of return? Right of return? Yes. They should have a right to come back if that is a decision that Israel wants to make."

Jesus was sentenced to death by a "liberal court".

Muslims must take an oath of loyalty to the U.S to serve in his administration.

"If I said that I spoke in error. Maybe I didn't understand the question."

He was Häagen-Dazs’s Black Walnut.

"OK, Libya. [pause] President Obama supported the uprising, correct? President Obama called for the removal of Gadhafi. I just wanted to make sure we're talking about the same thing before I say, 'Yes, I agreed' or 'No I didn't agree.' I do not agree with the way he handled it for the following reason — nope, that's a different one. [pause] I gotta go back and see. I got all this stuff twirling around in my head. Specifically, what are you asking me that I agree or not disagree with Obama?"

"We need a leader, not a reader."

"How do you say 'delicious' in Cuban?"

"Michele Bachmann... I'm not going to say it. I'm not going to say it.... Tutti-frutti. I know I’m going to get in trouble!"

"A poet once said, 'Life can be a challenge, life can seem impossible, but it's never easy when there's so much on the line.'"

"The more toppings a man has on his pizza, I believe the more manly he is…. Because the more manly man is not afraid of abundance.... A manly man don't want it piled high with vegetables! He would call that a sissy pizza."

"We didn't hear about it in the previous Congress because Princess Nancy sent to it committee and it stayed there."

"I'm ready for the 'gotcha' questions and they're already starting to come. And when they ask me who is the president of Ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan I'm going to say, you know, I don't know. Do you know? And then I'm going to say, 'How's that going to create one job?'"

I miss him :(

Need to add this video to the list:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdpN5C1_flQ

ShaneEnochs
09-24-2012, 07:01 PM
Need to add this video to the list:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdpN5C1_flQ

Dude, that doesn't even come close to this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1rjf7zdD-M

BlackTerrel
09-24-2012, 08:48 PM

This. No one can actually believe this. Or shouldn't.

I said the same thing about Bush BTW. It makes people feel better about themselves. He may not have been the most well spoken but I guarantee you Bush was 100 times smarter than the average American mocking his intelligence.

BlackTerrel
09-24-2012, 08:56 PM

Really? How did Obama get there before he had a support apparatus?

pcosmar
09-24-2012, 08:57 PM
He may not have been the most well spoken but I guarantee you Bush was 100 times smarter than the average American mocking his intelligence.

Serving evil, is not intelligent.

pcosmar
09-24-2012, 08:59 PM
Really? How did Obama get there before he had a support apparatus?

When did he NOT have a support apparatus?

He was manufactured for his position.

BlackTerrel
09-24-2012, 09:01 PM
I wholeheartedly disagree with that. W. got bad grades because he that is all they could give a guy that wasn't even there half the time and was partying non-stop. Romney at least attended class and made it look like he was trying, so to give him a higher grade than he earned wouldn't have raised too much suspicion, but everyone would know W wouldn't have deserved it. Heck, W. didn't even deserve the 'C's' he got, they weren't going to fail him though.y

How bad do you WANT to believe this? You start inventing teachers all throughout his life as well as stakeholders in a huge corporation that led him lead just because they didn't care about profit? OK that makes sense.

And by the way not a single teacher out of 100 is going to come out and say "Mitt's dad paid me to give him a good grade?" Yeah I'm sure because that wouldn't be worth $5 million.

LibertyEagle
09-24-2012, 09:02 PM
Man, this place is becoming like the National Enquirer. :(

PaulConventionWV
09-25-2012, 01:56 AM
I constantly examine my own head. And constantly question what I am being told.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4uj59SMdbM

I have been told bullshit before.

I wasn't talking about Paul Ryan.

PaulConventionWV
09-25-2012, 01:58 AM
So does Condolizza Rice. Plus, she plays the piano.

However, I find it better to judge them by their fruits.....romneycare, chronycapitalism, and war.

That makes them evil, not necessarily stupid.

GunnyFreedom
09-25-2012, 01:59 AM

Air Force 1 when buzzing Manhattan.

PaulConventionWV
09-25-2012, 02:01 AM

I said the same thing about Bush BTW. It makes people feel better about themselves. He may not have been the most well spoken but I guarantee you Bush was 100 times smarter than the average American mocking his intelligence.

This.

PaulConventionWV
09-25-2012, 02:02 AM

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Evil people are very capable of being intelligent.

James Madison
09-25-2012, 02:08 AM

Evil people can still be very intelligent. What they lack is wisdom.

Bman
09-25-2012, 03:15 AM
Evil people can still be very intelligent. What they lack is wisdom.

Actually what they lack is a heart. Ask Dick Cheney.

GunnyFreedom
09-25-2012, 04:15 AM
Actually what they lack is a heart. Ask Dick Cheney.

but only if you can get past that weird Borg eye thing. otherwise you are liable to get shotgunned for asking too many questions.

RickyJ
09-25-2012, 04:55 AM

Those with a singular motive of profit do not care how they profit as long as they attain profit and vast amounts of it. To these people, laws, morals, and obstacles to attaining profit are mere annoyances that are dealt with to achieve their goals. Not all rich people fall into this category, but enough of them do that it taints the ones who don't.

RickyJ
09-25-2012, 05:06 AM
y

And by the way not a single teacher out of 100 is going to come out and say "Mitt's dad paid me to give him a good grade?" Yeah I'm sure because that wouldn't be worth $5 million.

What makes you think he had 100 teachers in college? It is part of the system, professors who buck the system are thrown out, stripped of their pensions and have their reputations ruined for cheating. Also when dealing with such powerful people the very real threat of being knocked off for betraying them is well known.

Silvernaire
09-25-2012, 05:09 AM
Romney must be suggesting that they should open the windows of the plane by which Obama is travelling.

juleswin
09-25-2012, 05:52 AM
What makes you think he had 100 teachers in college? It is part of the system, professors who buck the system are thrown out, stripped of their pensions and have their reputations ruined for cheating. Also when dealing with such powerful people the very real threat of being knocked off for betraying them is well known.

Yup, Ward Churchill stopped being an Indian, was discovered to have plagiarized his thesis paper and lost his tenure after he criticized the war in Iraq. These people are really screw with your life if you buck the system

KingNothing
09-25-2012, 05:58 AM
:rolleyes: ...because Romney is an idiot?

C'mon. He was probably just telling a lame joke. Making fun of this, or thinking less of him for it, is like making fun of Obama for saying that their were 54 "states" while he was campaigning.

KingNothing
09-25-2012, 06:01 AM
Yup, Ward Churchill stopped being an Indian, was discovered to have plagiarized his thesis paper and lost his tenure after he criticized the war in Iraq. These people are really screw with your life if you buck the system

Maybe Ward Churchill was just a scumbag/lunatic/liar who happened to have an atleast somewhat accurate view of the Iraq War?

juleswin
09-25-2012, 06:01 AM
y

How bad do you WANT to believe this? You start inventing teachers all throughout his life as well as stakeholders in a huge corporation that led him lead just because they didn't care about profit? OK that makes sense.

Oh yea, a teacher will come out after years with little or no evidence left to say he was paid off by Mitt Romney people. And he will be doing this for the purpose of collecting $5m from selling his story. My guess is that his pension and reputation is worth more than that, he could also be risking jail time for releasing confidential information about his student and also admitting that he took bribe.

I think that if it is true that any prof took bribe to raise Mitt's grades, he/she is probably not rushing to expose this information right now

juleswin
09-25-2012, 06:08 AM
Maybe Ward Churchill was just a scumbag/lunatic/liar who happened to have an atleast somewhat accurate view of the Iraq War?

But the point is they all came out after he bucked the system. I cant believe he was guilty of all those things they accused him off. Its just too convenient after what he said about the war. Also bringing up any information about the holocaust made his Iraq war criticism even worse than normal Iraq war criticism, because now he had the Jewish establishment plus all the other folks against him

roho76
09-25-2012, 07:03 AM
How Intelligent can Romney be if he thinks there is no problem with the Federal Reserve system. He thinks printing money like crazy is just good monetary policy. Anybody who believes that shit is dumb. And now he want's to roll the windows down on jetliners. Maybe he should try it on his jetliner and get back with us.

PaulConventionWV
09-25-2012, 09:23 AM
How Intelligent can Romney be if he thinks there is no problem with the Federal Reserve system. He thinks printing money like crazy is just good monetary policy. Anybody who believes that shit is dumb. And now he want's to roll the windows down on jetliners. Maybe he should try it on his jetliner and get back with us.

He's not dumb. He's just evil. He knows the system will collapse but he WANTS it to happen. He doesn't believe it's good monetary policy. He believes it's good monetary policy for HIM and for his cronies in Washington. Your error is that you assume Romney wants what's best for the American consumer and that he really wants a stable economy in which everyone thrives. The federal reserve system was designed to collapse, and Romney will be one of its beneficiaries, not the American people. Romney doesn't care about the American economy. In fact, he's been taped SAYING things about the fed that we would all agree with. Trust me, he knows what's going on.

angelatc
09-25-2012, 09:33 AM

Without having scrolled down the thread, I suspect this statement will get backlash, but that means to me that the people on these forums also tend to be smarter than the average Americans, but haven't spend enough time in something akin to working in a retail environment or the service industry where one truly gets to witness a random sampling of the general population.

juleswin
09-25-2012, 10:42 AM
Without having scrolled down the thread, I suspect this statement will get backlash, but that means to me that the people on these forums also tend to be smarter than the average Americans, but haven't spend enough time in something akin to working in a retail environment or the service industry where one truly gets to witness a random sampling of the general population.

And I would bet $1m that if you actually interacted with Bush on the level you interact with your retail customers, you will see that he is just as dumb as the average retail client. Having an army of advisers, coaches, handlers etc can make you appear a lot smarter than you actually are.

Again, people can be smart on one area and stupid on other areas. I have a friend that could tell from memory how many miles, which cardinal point to turn, road signs etc on how to get to just about any place in the Midwest. But he has problems with other non road direction problem that will require him to connect the dots or use some critical thinking. That is one problem with labeling people as smart or dumb because this friend has way above normal intelligent in one area and average in other areas.

And no he is not a cab driver and he had this skill before he even knew how to drive

BlackTerrel
09-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Those with a singular motive of profit do not care how they profit as long as they attain profit and vast amounts of it. To these people, laws, morals, and obstacles to attaining profit are mere annoyances that are dealt with to achieve their goals. Not all rich people fall into this category, but enough of them do that it taints the ones who don't.

I know plenty of poor people who posses all the qualities you speak of. A couple of them are in jail, none of them are close to being rich.

BlackTerrel
09-26-2012, 12:04 PM

Was Ward Churchill the only professor who criticized the war in Iraq? I'd wager the majority were either neutral or against it based on anecdotal experience.

alucard13mmfmj
09-26-2012, 12:05 PM
I bet he will ask why airliner windows have round edge.

anaconda
09-26-2012, 12:12 PM

"This is your pilot..we will be flying at 300 feet today..."

sailingaway
09-26-2012, 05:14 PM
Romney has his own plane. I'm sure he knows this. THere must be more to it.

pcosmar
09-26-2012, 05:39 PM

I doubt it. Owning a plane and understanding how and why it works are different things.
Any idiot can buy a plane and hire a crew to service it.
He just get on and rides.

misterx
09-26-2012, 06:38 PM
After reading 3 pages about how stupid Mitt Romney is, I have to ask, did anyone actually watch the video? It was a joke. Anyone who csaw it and claims otherwise is just lying yo make romney look bad, or they are stupid themselves.

pcosmar
09-26-2012, 07:07 PM
After reading 3 pages about how stupid Mitt Romney is, I have to ask, did anyone actually watch the video? It was a joke. Anyone who csaw it and claims otherwise is just lying yo make romney look bad, or they are stupid themselves.

What video? I have not seen it in this thread..
And saw nothing about it being a joke until the next day,(after it was all over the place)

Like several times he has said stupid shit and then had to do damage control.

TheGrinch
09-26-2012, 07:12 PM
I think he must just go into GWB mode and just say whatever BS he thinks sounds good, even if it makes absolutely no sense at all.

(Damn, I said I wasn't going to give credence to this, but I'm bored)

ShaneEnochs
09-26-2012, 08:05 PM
What video? I have not seen it in this thread..
And saw nothing about it being a joke until the next day,(after it was all over the place)

Like several times he has said stupid shit and then had to do damage control.

The link in the OP has the video. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ws_s38QmxM&feature=player_embedded

pcosmar
09-26-2012, 09:30 PM
The link in the OP has the video. Here it is:

Damn,, even worse watching it than reading it.
This is why they should not let these idiots talk on their own.

Get him a teleprompter.

FrankRep
09-26-2012, 09:37 PM
LOL...

http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/e/l/4/romney-airplane-windows-open.jpg

http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/f/l/4/romney-captain-window.jpg