PDA

View Full Version : Will a wealthy supporter step up and pay for this ad for teaparty07.com?

Sematary
11-19-2007, 02:16 PM
The website is http://www.blogtalkradio.com/default.aspx

Here are the details:

Bob,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

By reach I meant the number of impressions you were trying to achieve. We generally sell display ads on a Cost-per-thousand basis, meaning the cost to reach 1,000 impressions. Our published rate card for that is $10. Our site receives 400,000 unique visitors on our homepage and roughly 2 million page views per month. To achieve 1,000,000 impressions would cost $10,000 at a CPM of $10.

Due to the nature of our site and our multiple political shows, we cannot offer free advertising for any one candidate or else it would be considered an endorsement. However, due to the nature of your campaign, I can offer a reduced CPM of $5. Therefore, a campaign generating 1,000,000 impressions would cost $5,000. We would run the banner ads until this metric was reached and keep you posted on the traffic to the site and click-throughs to your ad.

Let me know your thoughts on this and, if this meets with your approval, I can draft a more specific document. Thank you, Bob, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Frank M Neill
Director, Advertising Sales

BlogTalkRadio

So there you have it. I have all the contact info but asking for this kind of money through small donations just isn't going to work. Is there one supporter out there who is willing to pick up the tab? This could be worth hundreds of thousands or more in additional donations.

Menthol Patch
11-19-2007, 02:23 PM
bump

jake
11-19-2007, 02:26 PM
what about forming a PAC to pay for this?

Sematary
11-19-2007, 02:28 PM
what about forming a PAC to pay for this?

We could but by the time we raised the money it would be over. It would be MUCH easier if one person paid for the ad.

jenius
11-19-2007, 02:36 PM
I like the idea, it sounds like it's VERY worth the cost if we can come up with a way to pay for it.

me3
11-19-2007, 02:47 PM
$5 CPM is not a fantastic deal in this market. It's ok, but not fantastic.

Sematary
11-19-2007, 02:54 PM
$5 CPM is not a fantastic deal in this market. It's ok, but not fantastic.

How about doing something OTHER than shitting on the idea?

Mark
11-19-2007, 05:37 PM

You DID notice to whom you were replying to?

I think it would be easier for water not to be wet.

me3
11-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Wow, sorry for offering an opinion on the pricing. You've obviously forgotten about the people who have donated to your other banner drives and encouraged you.

You DID notice to whom you were replying to?

I think it would be easier for water not to be wet.
Once again, you are the 3rd man in and don't have a clue.

Menthol Patch
11-19-2007, 05:47 PM
Me3 is a jerk.

Ignore him/her.

krott5333
11-19-2007, 06:17 PM
We could but by the time we raised the money it would be over. It would be MUCH easier if one person paid for the ad.

easy for you to say :rolleyes:

sluggo
11-19-2007, 06:31 PM
Well, could you start a Chipin for it? Us poor folks can give a little, and then maybe some rich dude will come along and pay off the rest.

If we can't make the deadline, we could roll it over into another cause (how about full page ads in South Carolina newspapers....).

Just a suggestion.

Sematary
11-19-2007, 08:26 PM
Wow, sorry for offering an opinion on the pricing. You've obviously forgotten about the people who have donated to your other banner drives and encouraged you.

Once again, you are the 3rd man in and don't have a clue.

I haven't forgotten and I apologize if I offended but this is a GOLDEN opportunity. The guy is offering half normal cost. I consider that a pretty good deal.

Sematary
11-19-2007, 08:27 PM
Well, could you start a Chipin for it? Us poor folks can give a little, and then maybe some rich dude will come along and pay off the rest.

If we can't make the deadline, we could roll it over into another cause (how about full page ads in South Carolina newspapers....).

Just a suggestion.

Need a PAC for this kind of cash.

me3
11-19-2007, 08:55 PM
bump

me3
11-19-2007, 09:30 PM
From Sematary in post #1 of this thread. Looking for a wealthy donor to make this happen.

The website is http://www.blogtalkradio.com/default.aspx

Here are the details:

Bob,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

By reach I meant the number of impressions you were trying to achieve. We generally sell display ads on a Cost-per-thousand basis, meaning the cost to reach 1,000 impressions. Our published rate card for that is $10. Our site receives 400,000 unique visitors on our homepage and roughly 2 million page views per month. To achieve 1,000,000 impressions would cost $10,000 at a CPM of $10.

Due to the nature of our site and our multiple political shows, we cannot offer free advertising for any one candidate or else it would be considered an endorsement. However, due to the nature of your campaign, I can offer a reduced CPM of $5. Therefore, a campaign generating 1,000,000 impressions would cost $5,000. We would run the banner ads until this metric was reached and keep you posted on the traffic to the site and click-throughs to your ad.

Let me know your thoughts on this and, if this meets with your approval, I can draft a more specific document. Thank you, Bob, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Frank M Neill
Director, Advertising Sales

BlogTalkRadio

So there you have it. I have all the contact info but asking for this kind of money through small donations just isn't going to work. Is there one supporter out there who is willing to pick up the tab? This could be worth hundreds of thousands or more in additional donations.

Sematary
11-19-2007, 09:40 PM
There HAS to be someone here who can swing this

Voice
11-19-2007, 09:40 PM
We get this daily from certain people, you know who you are. arguments and negativity. Can you not measure your penis elsewhere?:mad: we have a campaign to win.

Voice
11-19-2007, 09:42 PM
I vote for both: Make a PAC, if someone rich pays for the whole thing, donate the PAC money to one of the other any worthy causes.

Sematary
11-19-2007, 09:43 PM
I vote for both: Make a PAC, if someone rich pays for the whole thing, donate the PAC money to one of the other any worthy causes.

I'll look into setting up a PAC tomorrow. Or perhaps someone already has one we could use?

lastnymleft
11-19-2007, 10:16 PM
I'll look into setting up a PAC tomorrow. Or perhaps someone already has one we could use?

Worthwhile chip-ins get funded. $5,000 is not unreasonable for a chip-in. Just get it happening. You can roll any dollars from it into a PAC for the same purpose, if you get the PAC going. Also, anybody that wants to stump up the remainder of the $5k can still do so. Chip-ins take very little to get up and running.

saahmed
11-20-2007, 12:59 AM
Is this website worth it? Would the majority of people who use this kind of website already know about Ron Paul due to his prominence on the internet? Just wondering, I have no idea, I have never heard of the site, but maybe the money would be better spent going towards a newspaper of tv ad? Just questions, not trying to say its a bad idea.

Birdlady
11-20-2007, 01:16 AM
I think $5000 can be better spent somewhere else.