PDA

View Full Version : JESSE VENTURA on Piers Morgan (Jesse almost had the poor boy in tears)

RickyJ
09-24-2012, 06:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAmJ9oAy1mc&feature=player_embedded

nobody's_hero
09-24-2012, 07:14 AM
"We need to have a break." lol

Cut! Cut! He's going off script!!!! Cut!!!!

nobody's_hero
09-24-2012, 07:23 AM
Might as well post the rest of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScJKM_J91M4&feature=channel&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WUHOKnm2Mo&feature=BFa&list=ULScJKM_J91M4

Very few claps on the gun control portion for Ventura, but then again, it's a CNN audience. I sort of lost Ventura on the comments that we're 'better off now than we were 4 years ago.' I think Bush and Cheney were bad, but the only way things could be better off than they were 4 years ago is if Obama had undone some of the Bush policies, instead of exacerbating them.

Romulus
09-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Jesse done bitch slapped that clown... ahaha!

2young2vote
09-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Seems like he's already started his campaign.

RickyJ
09-24-2012, 02:49 PM
Jesse might be able to wake up the sheeple about 9/11. Imagine Jesse in a national debate talking about 9/11 truth and WTC7, the elite would be shitting their pants.

PaulConventionWV
09-24-2012, 02:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAmJ9oAy1mc&feature=player_embedded

Jesse is not entirely right when he says all wars are religious, but let's assume that's true. What he ignores is that atheism is also a religion. Furthermore, regardless of that simple fact, Hitler did to the Jews what he did because he believed in evolution. He was an atheist and he proposed a naturalistic worldview. Religion and atheism are not mutually exclusive. Hitler did what he did because of a lack of belief in God. If he had believed in God, like the Jews, it would not have happened because he would not have proposed a way to speed up what he believed was the natural elimination of inferior races.

Otherwise, though, it was a very good performance on Jesse's part. He really held Piersy boy's feet to the fire.

ClydeCoulter
09-24-2012, 03:01 PM
Jesse is not entirely right when he says all wars are religious, but let's assume that's true. What he ignores is that atheism is also a religion. Furthermore, regardless of that simple fact, Hitler did to the Jews what he did because he believed in evolution. He was an atheist and he proposed a naturalistic worldview. Religion and atheism are not mutually exclusive. Hitler did what he did because of a lack of belief in God. If he had believed in God, like the Jews, it would not have happened because he would not have proposed a way to speed up what he believed was the natural elimination of inferior races.

Otherwise, though, it was a very good performance on Jesse's part. He really held Piersy boy's feet to the fire.

I think when he says that wars are religious, he's refering to what convinces the public (the public reasoning). I think he knows that governments use the religious divide (or anti-religious divide). They'll use any divide.

fisharmor
09-24-2012, 03:09 PM
If he ran, I'd be behind it.

GeorgiaAvenger
09-24-2012, 03:21 PM
I want to see that video of BBC he talked about. And the Rice memo, and it can't be forged.

Jesse says a lot and seems sincere, but he has to back it up.

donnay
09-24-2012, 03:29 PM
I want to see that video of BBC he talked about. And the Rice memo, and it can't be forged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltP2t9nq9fI

The President's Daily Brief - August 6, 2001
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB116/

ETA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIpEwGmSsmM

Bruehound
09-24-2012, 03:56 PM
I am still astonished by how many people here follow this boob. He is for full campaign disclosure? I guess he doesn't even understand it is disclosure laws that harm third party efforts the most.

nobody's_hero
09-24-2012, 06:11 PM
I thought what hurts third party efforts the most are the voters.

mac_hine
09-24-2012, 06:35 PM

Jesse Ventura Vindicated on WTC 7 vs Piers Morgan,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YhF99OANik

AGRP
09-24-2012, 06:58 PM
Jesse is not entirely right when he says all wars are religious, but let's assume that's true.

He's 100% wrong. Something doesn't sit right with Ventura in that he pushes his Atheism and in this case makes a false claim to stir up the pot. Peirs called him out on it. At least he was right about that. Kokesh does the same thing.

ClydeCoulter
09-24-2012, 07:03 PM
He's 100% wrong. Something doesn't sit right with Ventura in that he pushes his Atheism and in this case makes a false claim to stir up the pot. Peirs called him out on it. At least he was right about that. Kokesh does the same thing.

I covered that earlier:
I think when he says that wars are religious, he's refering to what convinces the public (the public reasoning). I think he knows that governments use the religious divide (or anti-religious divide) and people fall for it religiously. They'll use any divide.

AGRP
09-24-2012, 07:05 PM
I covered that earlier:
I think when he says that wars are religious, he's refering to what convinces the public (the public reasoning). I think he knows that governments use the religious divide (or anti-religious divide) and people fall for it religiously. They'll use any divide.

Thats not what he said though.

VoluntaryAmerican
09-24-2012, 07:39 PM
What he ignores is that atheism is also a religion.

Courtesy of Merriam-Webster's Dictionary:

Atheism

disbelief in the existence of deity

Religion

a : the state of a religious
b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
: a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices

Look forward to reading your response.

KMX
09-24-2012, 07:39 PM
Jesse is the man!

VoluntaryAmerican
09-24-2012, 07:41 PM

I agree he's wrong. I don't think all wars are religious wars. But neither do I disregard the collusion between religion-state. It exists and has been used for war.

When did Ventura say everyone should be atheists? He just said he was one, doesn't mean he's out trying to convert.

idiom
09-24-2012, 08:06 PM

Atheism

Religion

b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
: a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices

Atheism fits happily in set two for some people. People can have religious beliefs about any number of things. While their are a lot of atheists who disbelieve in a deity, there is also a large number who strongly believe in God not existing. These are your militant atheists.

AGRP
09-24-2012, 08:18 PM
I agree he's wrong. I don't think all wars are religious wars. But neither do I disregard the collusion between religion-state. It exists and has been used for war.

When did Ventura say everyone should be atheists? He just said he was one, doesn't mean he's out trying to convert.

He made a false claim to smear religion. I would say that is a push since he then stated his belief as if his belief would solve everything. BTW, Christianity isn't a religion; in fact Christianity is anti-religion and anti-church. It warns of the two throughout the Bible.

Anti-Neocon
09-24-2012, 08:26 PM
He didn't make a false claim. He said all wars in his lifetime were somehow tied to religion, and then explained how they were. He never made the case that religion was the sole cause of the wars. I'll say one thing: he's miles above Gary Johnson in my opinion. I also think he's more electable than Ron Paul in that he's better at putting things plainly for your average person to be able to grasp.

If he were to run as an independent against Hillary and a neocon (preferably Jeb Bush!), he'd have so much stuff to attack them on, and he would destroy them in a debate.

nobody's_hero
09-24-2012, 08:35 PM
I'd vote for him just to piss off the establishment. Then I'd pray to a God he doesn't believe in to protect him, because Ventura would need all the protection he could get.

DavidK
09-24-2012, 08:37 PM
Vietnam was tied to religion? I thought that one had to do with the spread of communism lol.

Anti-Neocon
09-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Vietnam was tied to religion? I thought that one had to do with the spread of communism lol.
I'm not familiar with Vietnam War history but he said that we installed Christians in their government.

VoluntaryAmerican
09-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Atheism fits happily in set two for some people. People can have religious beliefs about any number of things. While their are a lot of atheists who disbelieve in a deity, there is also a large number who strongly believe in God not existing. These are your militant atheists.

No it doesn't. What institution do all atheists belong? What religious or ceremonial activities do atheists do?

Bow down 3 times a day to the spaghetti monster? Cross their hearts and hope to die? Get dressed in funny clothes? Wear funny hats?

Just because someone strongly believes in something and tries to convince others to join them, does not make atheism a religion.

It's the rejection of religion, therefore it can't be a religion.

VoluntaryAmerican
09-24-2012, 09:00 PM
He made a false claim to smear religion. I would say that is a push since he then stated his belief as if his belief would solve everything. BTW, Christianity isn't a religion; in fact Christianity is anti-religion and anti-church. It warns of the two throughout the Bible.

I see your point.

Well that's cool, I would love to hear more about the anti-church-religion-state Christianity. In fact it would make a lovely thread to enlighten atheists like me to the supposed benefits of religion.

Because there are sure as hell too many examples throughout history of the opposite, like the Russian Orthodox Church where the lead priests was a KGB member. A regular throwback to the Spanish Inquisition.

QuickZ06
09-24-2012, 09:04 PM
HAHAHA OMFG, he made a complete fool of him on his own show with his own guest. I loved that question Jesse asked about who agrees with him (loud applause) or Piers (crickets).

ShaneEnochs
09-24-2012, 09:11 PM

Where?

matt0611
09-24-2012, 11:04 PM
I don't like that he's against citizens united and free speech. Yes, corporations are made up of people and there rights don't get to be trampled just because they're in a group.

And yes, limiting someone from buying campaign ads is infringing on free speech Jesse.

Its no different than stepping in and telling the new york times that they can't express a certain viewpoint in their newspaper.

anaconda
09-24-2012, 11:14 PM

James Madison
09-24-2012, 11:19 PM

The Civil War was over religion, too?! I thought it was about freeing the slaves! :toady:

LibertyEagle
09-24-2012, 11:22 PM
The Civil War was over religion, too?! I thought it was about freeing the slaves! :toady:

Neither. Lincoln didn't care one flip about the slaves. Even Grant owned slaves, by the way.

donnay
09-24-2012, 11:39 PM

Part of the transcript:

MORGAN: All of these countries. When you oppose Mubarak or Gadhafi or something, do we know who these rebels were? And are we now perhaps seeing the results of not knowing too well who they are?

VENTURA: We're here wanting to give democracy to people who lived, in my opinion, in the stone age. I think the bigger question to ask is here we go, another religious war. Because most every war that happens on this planet is due to the fact of religion. One religion doesn't like the way another religion worships God, so we're going to kill you.

I love religion, you know, and I say that sarcastically.

MORGAN: I know. I thought --

VENTURA: And I say that because -- I've openly admitted I'm an atheist.

MORGAN: I thought you said earlier that all wars were about oil and corporations.

MORGAN: They are, but they're all religious based too.

MORGAN: They're all about religion and oil and corporations?

VENTURA: Could be. Sure.

MORGAN: And getting rid of the Nazis.

VENTURA: Well, wait --

(CROSS TALK)

VENTURA: Wait, the Nazis was religious too. Look what they did to the Jews. So that brought religion in. Vietnam was religious because Diem, our puppet president, and our country brought 100 Christian Vietnamese down to the south to be the government. Well, the Southern Vietnamese didn't like these religious characters from up north, so they then became the Viet Cong.

So all wars pretty much in my lifetime have had some religious basis. But certainly big business gets in there because wars are very profitable to certain big businesses. And of course, big business needs to be in the Middle East so that we can get the oil out of the Middle East, so we can get the Lithium out of Afghanistan.

You know they discovered a vein of Lithium there they say is worth a trillion dollars. Well, what is Lithium used for? Every cell phone, computer, and soon to be electric cars. Let's talk about why we're really there. We're not there -- how has any of these wars affect our freedom in any way?

http://thesportscourier.com/content/transcript-wwe-hall-famer-jesse-venturas-interview-piers-morgan

coastie
09-24-2012, 11:42 PM
Neither. Lincoln didn't care one flip about the slaves. Even Grant owned slaves, by the way.

And Robert E. Lee set some free in 1862....

...When Custis died in 1857, Robert E. Lee—the executor of the estate—determined that the slave labor was necessary to improve Arlington's financial status. The Arlington slaves found Lee to be a more stringent taskmaster than his predacessor. Eleven slaves were “hired out” while others were sent to the Pamunkey River estates. In accordance with Custis's instructions, Lee officially freed the slaves on December 29, 1862.

http://www.nps.gov/arho/historyculture/slavery.htm

tttppp
09-24-2012, 11:43 PM
I covered that earlier:

Using non religion to push wars is just as stupid as using religion to push wars. If you fall for that government propagannda than you are an idiot.

James Madison
09-25-2012, 12:04 AM

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/archive/b/b5/20100108063328!Exploding-head.gif

dillo
09-25-2012, 12:08 AM

Hitler was not an atheist

Suzu
09-25-2012, 12:18 AM
I seriously doubt than any known atheist can be elected in the United States. I'd love for it to happen, but I don't think it's possible.

DerailingDaTrain
09-25-2012, 01:07 AM
Am I the only one who saw Richard Belzer in the audience?

headhawg7
09-25-2012, 01:47 AM
Am I the only one who saw Richard Belzer in the audience?Yep....I saw him not all that long ago on real time with bill and he was railing against the FED. I am not real sure where he stands.

PaulConventionWV
09-25-2012, 07:18 AM
I thought what hurts third party efforts the most are the voters.

Nope. Common misconception. If we didn't have such a biased system, it would be much easier to mount third or even fourth and fifth party bids like they do in Scandinavia and Eastern Europe.

PaulConventionWV
09-25-2012, 07:20 AM

Very true. I can't stand Kokesh.

PaulConventionWV
09-25-2012, 07:22 AM

Atheism

Religion

Atheism believes in the supernatural, things like abiogenesis that are unproven and unprovable that are held simply because they fit the beholder's worldview. Disbelief is a belief in and of itself. Atheism fits the definition very well, in fact.

PaulConventionWV
09-25-2012, 07:25 AM
No it doesn't. What institution do all atheists belong? What religious or ceremonial activities do atheists do?

Bow down 3 times a day to the spaghetti monster? Cross their hearts and hope to die? Get dressed in funny clothes? Wear funny hats?

Just because someone strongly believes in something and tries to convince others to join them, does not make atheism a religion.

It's the rejection of religion, therefore it can't be a religion.

Atheism isn't the rejection of religion. It's the rejection of all OTHER religions.

RickyJ
09-25-2012, 07:34 AM
He didn't make a false claim. He said all wars in his lifetime were somehow tied to religion, and then explained how they were. He never made the case that religion was the sole cause of the wars. I'll say one thing: he's miles above Gary Johnson in my opinion. I also think he's more electable than Ron Paul in that he's better at putting things plainly for your average person to be able to grasp.

If he were to run as an independent against Hillary and a neocon (preferably Jeb Bush!), he'd have so much stuff to attack them on, and he would destroy them in a debate.

He would do well, but he would never win as an Atheist. It is one thing to be mad at God for all the evil he allows in the world, it quite another to say he doesn't exist.

donnay
09-25-2012, 07:46 AM
Am I the only one who saw Richard Belzer in the audience?

That is the guy who jumped up on the stage when Jesse was pawning Piers about 9/11. Belzer and Ventura are good friends.

donnay
09-25-2012, 07:48 AM
Yep....I saw him not all that long ago on real time with bill and he was railing against the FED. I am not real sure where he stands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--be6TZsNr4

donnay
09-25-2012, 07:55 AM
Atheism isn't the rejection of religion. It's the rejection of all OTHER religions.

Atheism is a religion. I think Jesse is misguided, and I think he will come around, as he has with other things as well. As a Christian, I realize Satan has taken control of all organized religions. Many people are deceived by him--His days are numbered.

Todd
09-25-2012, 08:28 AM
Jesse is not entirely right when he says all wars are religious, but let's assume that's true.

No, he's entrirely wrong. All Wars are about who will control property and it's resources. That applies to any belief system.

PaulConventionWV
09-25-2012, 09:03 AM
No, he's entrirely wrong. All Wars are about who will control property and it's resources. That applies to any belief system.

Correct. To pin it on religious ideals is disingenuous at best.

angelatc
09-25-2012, 09:05 AM
Nope. Common misconception. If we didn't have such a biased system, it would be much easier to mount third or even fourth and fifth party bids like they do in Scandinavia and Eastern Europe.

Even Canada.