PDA

View Full Version : When Democrats Demand War

sailingaway
09-22-2012, 04:52 PM
The comment under the article might be the best part:

http://www.truthdig.com/eartotheground/item/when_democrats_demand_war_20120922/

alucard13mmfmj
09-22-2012, 07:52 PM
lol.. like Kony 2012. Liberals and Democrats calling for blood to go after that boogieman in vast, dense jungles.

jay_dub
09-22-2012, 07:53 PM
What stood out to me from the article:

“When you look at some of the issues where my supporters and Ron Paul’s supporters tend to agree,” Kucinich told Tracey, “civil liberties, getting rid of the Patriot Act—when you look at that, you’ll see there’s starting to happen in America an alliance, informal however it is, between liberals and conservatives on issues that are fundamental issues in this country. Such as freedom, civil liberties, war and peace, America’s overreach abroad, monetary policy and the Federal Reserve. ... These are fundamental issues!”

And unanimity across the aisle remains on the subject of war. “We have an increasing militarization of our society,” Kucinich intoned, “and that really is against the basic freedoms of America.”

With Paul and Kucinich, two of the anti-war movement’s greatest champions in Congress, set to leave office soon, what politician—aside from Sen. Bernie Sanders, perhaps—will stand against the “increasing militarization of our society”?

liberty2897
09-22-2012, 08:04 PM
What stood out to me from the article:

“When you look at some of the issues where my supporters and Ron Paul’s supporters tend to agree,” Kucinich told Tracey, “civil liberties, getting rid of the Patriot Act—when you look at that, you’ll see there’s starting to happen in America an alliance, informal however it is, between liberals and conservatives on issues that are fundamental issues in this country. Such as freedom, civil liberties, war and peace, America’s overreach abroad, monetary policy and the Federal Reserve. ... These are fundamental issues!”

And unanimity across the aisle remains on the subject of war. “We have an increasing militarization of our society,” Kucinich intoned, “and that really is against the basic freedoms of America.”

With Paul and Kucinich, two of the anti-war movement’s greatest champions in Congress, set to leave office soon, what politician—aside from Sen. Bernie Sanders, perhaps—will stand against the “increasing militarization of our society”?

Posted before, but I think it is very cool that Oliver Stone is apparently a supporter of both Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich. I agree that these primary issues should be causing new bridges between the D and R mindset. If they can only get past the stupid labels and "party mentality". I think deep down we all really want freedom. It is just a matter of if you see freedom as something that is forced upon you and those around you or something that is the absence of force. My current view is that neither Republicans or Democrats have a clear view of what that really means (or they really don't care).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axxCVzTyAMw

affa
09-22-2012, 08:17 PM
i don't understand this paragraph:

"American belligerence must end, Jackson told Tracey, “but at the same time, we are at war.” David Brooks shared “a little” of the reporter’s “revulsion.” Frank couldn’t explain why delegates of Ron Paul, the anti-war libertarian Republican legislator who is known for his opposition to America’s “very violent culture” and “police violence,” and who is due to leave office at the end of this year, were so reviled by Paul’s rejection of U.S. wars at the Republican National Convention. Frank acknowledged that he was “no abnormal psychiatrist!”"

if i strip out the excess, it reads:

"Frank couldn’t explain why delegates of Ron Paul were so reviled by Paul’s rejection of U.S. wars at the Republican National Convention. "

What??!??!?! That's simply untrue.