PDA

View Full Version : It's not just dogs.....Cops kill young bull.

tod evans
09-22-2012, 05:53 AM
Anybody raised near cattle could have easily corralled this calf but the heros in blue opted for slaughter instead...."Public safety" and all...

Paragould police kill bull found near country club

http://www.fox16.com/news/local/story/Paragould-police-kill-bull-found-near-country-club/fM25fu4HOEyOvzvZXTiUVg.cspx?rss=315

PARAGOULD, Ark. (AP) — Police in Paragould have killed a small bull that was found wandering near the Paragould Country Club.

Jonesboro television station KAIT reports that police received multiple calls Sunday from residents who spotted the bull. Police say officers tried to capture the animal and move it into an open field, but the bull continued to walk down U.S. Highway 49.

Authorities say that the animal was cornered in a parking lot near the intersection of U.S. 49 and U.S. 412.

Authorities say they had no choice but to kill the bull because of safety concerns.

acptulsa
09-22-2012, 06:19 AM
Safety concerns after the bull was cornered.

I say they were hungry. Mmmmmm, veal...

I also say the cops don't have the corner on bull--the media has a hand in that!

presence
09-22-2012, 06:21 AM
Safety concerns after the bull was cornered.
[]
the cops don't have the corner on bull--
the media has a hand in that!

Quote of the day! +rep

Why is it they can whip out the cattle prod for every heckler at a political rally but they're too pink to use it on a cow?

Origanalist
09-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Authorities say they had no choice but to kill the bull because of safety concerns.

I am speechless. What? Down the rabbit hole with you Alice.

Smart3
09-22-2012, 02:32 PM
Unnatural selection.

fr33
09-22-2012, 02:39 PM
Ehh it's a bit different than entering private property and killing the animal. I don't know how busy the highway is.

I've shot neighbors dogs before when they entered my property and harmed my livestock and was within my rights to do it.

presence
09-22-2012, 02:45 PM
but is it necessary?

Corral the animal. Call animal control, let them handle it. You know the cow is not from more than a few miles away. Get in touch with the local farmer. Let him pick up his $3000 investment; it could be a $30,000 bull.

you know...

protect and serve

fr33
09-22-2012, 02:47 PM
but is it necessary?

Corral the animal. Call animal control, let them handle it. You know the cow is not from more than a few miles away. Get in touch with the local farmer. Let him pick up his $3000 investment.

you know...

protect and serveLike I said I don't know the highway. I can think of scenarios where shooting it could prevent accidents or deaths even. The owner of the animal will likely be held responsible for such things.

Origanalist
09-22-2012, 03:03 PM
Ehh it's a bit different than entering private property and killing the animal. I don't know how busy the highway is.

I've shot neighbors dogs before when they entered my property and harmed my livestock and was within my rights to do it.

I see your point about the highway, but, they could have blocked traffic long enough to secure the animal. In my opinion they were just lazy and-or just wanted to shoot something

pcosmar
09-22-2012, 03:17 PM
Bunch of Cops in a parking lot Shooting the Bull.

Nothing to see here.

:(