PDA

View Full Version : After Ron Paul: Come Here, Maybe?

FTL_Ian
09-22-2012, 02:06 AM
You know the song – Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe”. Here it is again, set to scenes from New Hampshire, the destination of the Free State Project (http://freestateproject.org). If you love liberty and are wondering what comes after Ron Paul, please consider moving to New Hampshire and getting active. If you like this video, please share!

I recommend watching it in HD and full screen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN_DJmBhK1w&hd=1
After Ron Paul, Come Here Maybe? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN_DJmBhK1w&hd=1)

FSP-Rebel
09-22-2012, 08:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GYLM1SB3aA&feature=related

mport1
09-22-2012, 10:31 PM
Great, video! I've shared to Facebook and Twitter. The Free State Project is where everybody should be concentrating their efforts. It is the best chance we have for liberty in my opinion.

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-22-2012, 11:07 PM
My home is wherever the spirit of liberty lives; to New Hampshire where such a spirit still yet lives. The more of us that gather together, the stronger our bonds and futures. Let the rest of the country rot from tyranny and puritans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuRz__B3ZYE

Can't wait to get out of Florida. What a cesspool.

Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad.
T. Paine

muzzled dogg
09-22-2012, 11:14 PM
rich paul was hardcore

wish him the best with his latest case

Origanalist
09-22-2012, 11:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuRz__B3ZYE&feature=player_embedded

Beautiful.

Professor8000
09-23-2012, 12:04 AM
You can all go to hell. I'm staying in Texas.

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-23-2012, 12:17 AM

That's fine. We don't want Lincoln lovers in NH anyways. :p

Keith and stuff
09-23-2012, 12:25 AM

Removed original comment due to the possibility of it being incorrect :(

New comment:
I like the video but it does show a lot of police stuff. I try to stay away from police stuff and I find that hasn't been hard for me to do in NH :)

Smart3
09-23-2012, 12:37 AM
Please do. The FSP doesn't need Half-Breeds like you.

Professor8000
09-23-2012, 12:38 AM

My avatar has a much deeper meaning than that. I chose it to symbolize Obama, having the image of one of the worst constitutional violators holding a boom box, it employs some stereotypical collectivism that the left loves to use so much. And as far as my comment, I was paraphrasing Davy Crockett when he said, "You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas."

Obviously all of that shot clear over all of your heads.

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-23-2012, 12:46 AM
My avatar has a much deeper meaning than that. I chose it to symbolize Obama, having the image of one of the worst constitutional violators holding a boom box, it employs some stereotypical collectivism that the left loves to use so much. And as far as my comment, I was paraphrasing Davy Crockett when he said, "You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas."

Texas in 1836 is vastly different than Texas in 2012. Texas in 2012 is more like...Italy in 1932. The same goes for the entire 'South' pretty much. In any event, good luck to you. Between the vast population of Neoconservatives and implanted Californians, Yankees, and other Statist vermin, you're looking at a pretty tough road ahead.

Professor8000
09-23-2012, 12:55 AM
Texas in 1836 is vastly different than Texas in 2012. Texas in 2012 is more like...Italy in 1932. The same goes for the entire 'South' pretty much. In any event, good luck to you. Between the vast population of Neoconservatives and implanted Californians, Yankees, and other Statist vermin, you're looking at a pretty tough road ahead.

I have found that the vast majority of grassroots Republicans in Texas agree with about 95% of the Small Government Libertarianism that we promote, the problems start when you get into religious issues and Non-Interventionism. Most of this is easily taken care of with education and reinforcing the idea that that already support small government. I know it has worked for me when I was talking to Rick Perry's sister.

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-23-2012, 01:10 AM
I have found that the vast majority of grassroots Republicans in Texas agree with about 95% of the Small Government Libertarianism that we promote, the problems start when you get into religious issues and Non-Interventionism. Most of this is easily taken care of with education and reinforcing the idea that that already support small government. I know it has worked for me when I was talking to Rick Perry's sister.

Well, I had no idea that grassroots Republicans in Texas favor ending the Drug War, separating State and Marriage, abolishing your Sales tax, ending State paternalism (seatbelt/helmet/etc. laws), and we all know how much militarization indoctrination plagues Texas. It's trending in the opposite direction sadly. Furthermore, there is ~26,000,000 people living in Texas. You're an ant - your vote is almost worth less than worthless. Texas is far too big to ever be a functioning beacon of liberty. Uphill battle.

Don't get me wrong Texas is not all bad, but history and reason is surely against you.

Oh, and Texas has some of the worst Eminent Domain laws in the country.

PS: That peace thing...it's much more important than say...other areas of libertarianism. Murder > stealing.

Professor8000
09-23-2012, 01:25 AM
Well, I had no idea that grassroots Republicans in Texas favor ending the Drug War, separating State and Marriage, abolishing your Sales tax, ending State paternalism (seatbelt/helmet/etc. laws), and we all know how much militarization indoctrination plagues Texas. It's trending in the opposite direction sadly. Furthermore, there is ~26,000,000 people living in Texas. You're an ant - your vote is almost worth less than worthless. Texas is far too big to ever be a functioning beacon of liberty. Uphill battle.

Don't get me wrong Texas is not all bad, but history and reason is surely against you.

Oh, and Texas has some of the worst Eminent Domain laws in the country.

You would be surprised how many Republicans in Texas want to end the Drug War and considering the escalating violence on the border and the state of our prison system they are becoming more and more agreeable on that front. Ending State involvement in Marriage hasn't happened anywhere in this country but I'm assuming we are all working on that. There is currently a huge push to end the Property Tax in Texas. Most of the people in Texas live in and around the major cities here. I don't plan on staying in the DFW area for long, and where I want to go is ripe for the picking as far as liberty is concerned.

ross11988
09-23-2012, 04:10 AM
You would be surprised how many Republicans in Texas want to end the Drug War and considering the escalating violence on the border and the state of our prison system they are becoming more and more agreeable on that front. Ending State involvement in Marriage hasn't happened anywhere in this country but I'm assuming we are all working on that. There is currently a huge push to end the Property Tax in Texas. Most of the people in Texas live in and around the major cities here. I don't plan on staying in the DFW area for long, and where I want to go is ripe for the picking as far as liberty is concerned.

They certainly show it every time they go to the polls.... :p:p:p:p

Keith and stuff
09-23-2012, 10:00 AM
There is currently a huge push to end the Property Tax in Texas.

I remember her campaign. The great thing about ending property taxes, it just takes a few people to do it. They already did it in some places in NH. They kept it very low in other parts of NH, and maybe TX too. A few additional votes in several towns in NH and it would go even lower.

It is harder in NH than in most states, from an economic standpoint, to keep property taxes low, without a general sales tax or personal income tax, but some folks are still managing to do it.

NoOneButPaul
09-23-2012, 10:11 AM
I have 1k in my bank account and no way of knowing if i'd get a job there...

I'd love to go but I just can't take the risk, I think about it all the time though and I really believe i'll end up there. I think it would be a great place to be politically active as well with so many like minded around you...

muzzled dogg
09-23-2012, 10:18 AM

I'd love to go but I just can't take the risk, I think about it all the time though and I really believe i'll end up there. I think it would be a great place to be politically active as well with so many like minded around you...

For work: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fspjobalert/?ref=ts

PM me if you're ever thinking about coming up to visit and I can put you in touch with couches and help make sure you see everything

Keith and stuff
09-23-2012, 10:22 AM

1k is calling in close from a big move. You would certainly find a job in NH but with 1st months rent, a deposit and the cost of the move, I recommend having more than 1K saved up. I recommend at least 3 months living expenses just incase everything goes wrong.

Why not get an extra job where you are now? I know it is easy to have 2 jobs in NH. I don't know where you live know but I doubt it would be too hard to have 2 jobs, especially if you took a low paying job like holiday retail sales, restaurant or something like that. Save up 3 months of living expenses and than move to Manchester where you rent 1 bedroom of a house that you found in a Craig's list ad.

That's a really easy way for a single person or even couple without kids to make the move. Just rent month to month. Look for a job in NH. As soon as you find a job, start looking for a better job. Reevaluate the house you are renting a room in. If it doesn't work for you, start looking for a more permanent place to live.

It might seem scary but 100s of millions of people have made long distances moves. It happens everyday. Your life will be disrupted for a few months. After that, you live will be so much better than it is now. You will be freer. You will be around a lot of pro-liberty people. You will have an entirely new set of friends (and you likely won't lose the majority of your old friends either.) Your liberty activism will be much more effective than it is now. You will be able to truly know that you are making a positive difference in the world.

I recommend liking FSP on Facebook and joining the FSP Job Alert group on Facebook. Once you like and join, these don't require any effort on your part. You just read the stuff if you want. If you have a question, feel free to ask it. FSP is also on twitter but it isn't quite as interactive.
https://www.facebook.com/FreeStateProject.org
https://www.facebook.com/groups/fspjobalert/
https://twitter.com/FreeStateNH

hammy
09-23-2012, 10:43 AM
I'll be graduating college in 1.5 years. I've always been really really interested in the FSP. But here's my main question: will our voting block be enough to effect change? Just wondering.

Keith and stuff
09-23-2012, 10:55 AM
I'll be graduating college in 1.5 years. I've always been really really interested in the FSP. But here's my main question: will our voting block be enough to effect change? Just wondering.

It has already change votes over and over again in Grafton, NH. The idea isn't to be a voter, though. It is to be much more than a voter. Be a candidate, manage a pro-liberty candidates campaign, be on the board of a pro-liberty organization, create a pro-liberty organization, be part of the production team of a pro-liberty TV show, be a pro-liberty writer for an already existing newspaper, write pro-liberty LTE and so on. Find what works for you and do it but just voting is thinking too small.

Laws were passed because pro-liberty legislatures wrote the bills, spoke about the bills, found the votes for the bills and made sure the bills passed. A man had 18 marijuana plants but because we were able to change the law, jury nullification was mentioned by the judge. The jury, lead by a FSPer, found the man not guilty.

IMO, the biggest difference made by FSPers is helping cut the NH state budget by more than 10%. Without some FSPer voting for Speaker O'Brien to be the Speaker of the NH House, he wouldn't have won the election. Without him as Speaker, the budget wouldn't have been cut by that much. Who knows the exact amount it would have been cut by, maybe 2%, maybe 5%. My guess it was cut by at least double what it would have been cut by. So, we saved the tax payers of NH at least $500,000,000. Withouth FSPers, that wouldn't have happened.

hammy
09-23-2012, 11:01 AM
It has already effected change over and over again in Grafton, NH. The idea isn't to be a voter, though. It is to be much more than a voter. Be a candidate, manage a pro-liberty candidates campaign, be the on the board of a pro-liberty organization, be part of the production team of a pro-liberty TV show, be a pro-liberty writer for an already existing newspaper, write pro-liberty LTE and so on. Find what works for you and do it but just voting is thinking too small.

Laws were passed because pro-liberty legislatures wrote the bills, spoke about the bills, found the votes for the bills and made sure the bills passed. A man had 18 marijuana plants but because we were able to change the law, jury nullification was mentioned by the judge. The jury, lead by a FSPer, found the man not guilty.

...ok that's just awesome. Can we go straight up nullification in this biz? Will NH = Athens and US = Persia?

Keith and stuff
09-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Here is the story. It continues to develop.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?389889-New-Hampshire-Jury-Acquits-Pot-Growing-Rastafarian

Ivash
09-23-2012, 12:04 PM

I suggest you don't voice that opinion to any non-libertarian voter. Given Lincoln's popularity it wouldn't go very very well.

fr33
09-23-2012, 02:39 PM
I support what the FSP is doing but I just do not want to live in that part of the country. I belong in the wild west.