PDA

View Full Version : Obama Signed EO 13603?

Kregisen
09-21-2012, 11:21 PM
I'm curious for everyone's thoughts on this article....once in a while I email my folks links showing how bad Romney is (they're the typical 'anyone but obama' crowd) and they recently sent this article to me.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/07/do_obamas_executive_orders_reveal_a_pattern.html

President Barack Hussein "kill list" Obama has offered over 900 Executive Orders (EO), and he is not even through his first term. He is creating a wonderland of government controls covering everything imaginable, including a list of "Emergency Powers" and martial law EOs. And while Obama is busy issuing EOs to control everything inside the US, he has been issuing EOs to force us to submit to international regulations instead of our US Constitution.

And comments by North Carolina governor Beverly Perdue and former OMB director Peter Orszag only contribute to this pattern.

Is it now time to start connecting the dots? Obama signed EO 13603 on March 22, 2012. Then he signed EO 13617 on June 25, 2012, declaring a national emergency. Then he signed EO 13618 on July 6, 2012.

In EO 13603, entitled, "National Defense Resources Preparedness," Obama says (among other things) that [we must]:

be prepared, in the event of a potential threat to the security of the United States, to take actions necessary to ensure the availability of adequate resources and production capability, including services and critical technology, for national defense requirements;

Obama has the power, through this EO, to "nationalize" (not seize) private assets in order to protect national interests. Further, the EO effectively states that he can:

1. "identify" requirements for emergencies

2. "assess" the capability of the country's industrial and technological base

3. "be prepared" to ensure the availability of critical resources in time of national threat

4. "improve the efficiency" of the industrial base to support national defense

5. "foster cooperation" between commercial and defense sectors

There are pundits that suggest that by signing EO 13603, Obama has given himself power to declare martial law and suspend elections.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/07/do_obamas_executive_orders_reveal_a_pattern.html#i xzz27AmuQFw5

RickyJ
09-22-2012, 12:01 AM
I don't doubt any of this, but they are fooling themselves if they think Romney would do any different than Obama. Obama's ideological twin will not be any better than him.

Kregisen
09-22-2012, 12:45 PM
I understand that, but this EO is definitely interesting....nobody else has any thoughts on this? Has anyone seen this before?

paulbot24
09-22-2012, 01:50 PM
What is more disturbing is that if you possess a skill they "require" in some time of emergency or martial law they can forcibly hold you and require you to perform your job skills for their benefit until they are "done." This was yet another wonderful Executive Order, which goes all the way back to the Reagan era. Every President since Reagan has not only endorsed it but a couple have even added details to it. I know this sounds ridiculous but it is true. It makes a little more sense when you consider all active duty military men and women are called "Government Issue", the same term they use for your boots and your rifle. Bullets, man, boots, canteen, woman, all classified as the same. Just government issue items. Now, if this is the way they classify those that willingly enlist to serve them, then civilians....well, I don't even need to finish. Makes me sick when I see GI Joe toys since that is the first thing that comes to mind now. Things begin to look different, even the kid's toys, when finally viewed through the lenses of truth.

erowe1
09-22-2012, 02:15 PM
Here's the full text of it.
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2012-03-22/pdf/2012-7019.pdf

I didn't read it all. But it didn't look to me like it was saying he has the power to nationalize anything just by executive order, just that he was ordering executive departments to evaluate and plan for things in the future that could involve exercising war-time powers like that.

Kregisen
09-22-2012, 05:48 PM
Interesting...