PDA

View Full Version : TN - Cops raid wrong home, handcuff wife, shoot and kill her 61 year old husband.

Anti Federalist
09-21-2012, 07:38 PM
This is life in Amerika today, where heavily armed men break down your door and you don't know if it's cops or criminals.

Ha hah! What's the difference right???

Doom on us.

And of course, to de-fuse the whole thing, the media has to make it about race.:mad:

That's one reason why I post the dog killing stories.

No way race can be called into it...they'll kill your dog no matter what color you are.

Man Dies in Police Raid on Wrong House

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95475&page=1#.UFxiia51iUN

By Vicki Brown
L E B A N O N, Tenn.
A 61-year-old man was shot to death by police while his wife was handcuffed in another room during a drug raid on the wrong house.

Police admitted their mistake, saying faulty information from a drug informant contributed to the death of John Adams Wednesday night. They intended to raid the home next door.

The two officers, 25-year-old Kyle Shedran and 24-year-old Greg Day, were placed on administrative leave with pay.

“They need to get rid of those men, boys with toys,” said Adams’ 70-year-old widow, Loraine.

John Adams was watching television when his wife heard pounding on the door. Police claim they identified themselves and wore police jackets.

Loraine Adams said she had no indication the men were police.

“I thought it was a home invasion. I said ‘Baby, get your gun!,” she said, sitting amid friends and relatives gathered at her home to cook and prepare for Sunday’s funeral.

Police say her husband fired first with a sawed-off shotgun and they responded. He was shot at least three times and died later at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville.

Loraine Adams said she was handcuffed and thrown to her knees in another room when the shooting began.

“I said, ‘Y’all have got the wrong person, you’ve got the wrong place. What are you looking for?“‘

“We did the best surveillance we could do, and a mistake was made,” Lebanon Police Chief Billy Weeks said. “It’s a very severe mistake, a costly mistake. It makes us look at our own policies and procedures to make sure this never occurs again.”

He said, however, the two policemen were not at fault.

(Mistakes and missteps were made, just not BY anybody. - AF)

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is investigating. NAACP officials said they are monitoring the case. Adams was black. The two policemen are white.

Family members did not consider race a factor and Weeks agreed, but said the shooting will be “a major setback” for police relations with the black community.

“We know that, we hope to do everything we can to heal it,” Weeks said.

Johnny Crudup, a local NAACP official, said the organization wanted to make sure and would investigate on its own.

Weeks said he has turned the search warrant and all other evidence over to the bureau of investigation and District Attorney General Tommy Thompson. A command officer must now review all search warrants.

proudclod229
09-21-2012, 07:46 PM
So where's the line? Would the man have been charged with 'murder' if he took their butts out?!?!

I wonder what the statistics are on people who've been killed by police for using drugs vs people killed by the actual drugs.

It's always "an unfortunate mistake"...shame.

DavidK
09-21-2012, 07:46 PM
And I guarantee those those cap will get off, as usual. Sick of this shit.

fisharmor
09-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Black? That's been going on since 1840.
It had to start being white people and dogs for the public to pay any attention.

Anti Federalist
09-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Black? That's been going on since 1840.
It had to start being white people and dogs for the public to pay any attention.

Ain't that the sad fucking truth.

And they still don't care, until it happens to them.

Then it "changes your frame of mind".

kathy88
09-21-2012, 07:57 PM
Surprised she's around to tell the tale.

Carson
09-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Surprised she's around to tell the tale.

Around and alone.

aGameOfThrones
09-21-2012, 09:15 PM
I like to apologize for them...

Just because he acted properly or improperly in the past doesn't mean this act is proper or improper. He was at the wrong home for a valid purpose. Unfortunately, things happen. It is what it is. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?390263-FL-Remember-that-woman-tasered-by-FHP-cop-The-same-cop-just-shot-a-legal-CCW-holder.)

Hey, if they Don't want to have negative contacts with the cops, don't live in the war zones of America. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?381476-Inside-the-mind-of-a-SWAT-cop.)

ronpaulfollower999
09-21-2012, 09:21 PM
I like to apologies for them...

Hey, if they Don't want to have negative contacts with the cops, don't live in the war zones of America. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?381476-Inside-the-mind-of-a-SWAT-cop.)

Except it seems like ALL of America is a war zone.

Philhelm
09-21-2012, 10:11 PM
Hi five!

GunnyFreedom
09-21-2012, 10:19 PM
cute thing you did there, high five with the posting timestamp...

tod evans
09-22-2012, 05:01 AM
http://www.twowheelforum.com/images/smilies/hang.gif Get a rope! :mad:

RPtotheWH
09-22-2012, 05:30 AM
Now that I am older I see that freedom and liberty are like Santa, the easter bunny and the tooth fairy, they are all just stories we tell the children to make them feel better about this place. :mad:

phill4paul
09-22-2012, 08:13 AM
“They need to get rid of those men, boys with toys,” said Adams’ 70-year-old widow, Loraine.

No they need to be charged with home invasion and murder. Because that is what happened. Home invasion and murder.

coastie
09-22-2012, 09:57 AM
So where's the line? Would the man have been charged with 'murder' if he took their butts out?!?!

I wonder what the statistics are on people who've been killed by police for using drugs vs people killed by the actual drugs.

It's always "an unfortunate mistake"...shame.

Depends on the state, some allow deadly force to defend yourself, even if it is a law enforcement officer in the wrong.

But good luck with that.

As I've said before-until the PEOPLE stop this shit, and cops start losing their lives at an exponential rate because of THEIR stupid mistakes, THEN maybe they'll stop and rethink their policies of paying dirt-bags to rat out people, "confidentially", of course, because it's the dirt-bag snitch's right to privacy we're concerned with here...:rolleyes:

This is why I basically don't talk to ANYONE but my neighbors anymore. All it takes today is pissing the wrong person off, for whatever reason, real or imagined, they make one "anonymous" phone call and you got yourself a SWAT raid, signed and sealed by a "Judge"(official rubber stamper).

Florida allows for up to the use of deadly force in the prevention of wrongful arrest, and I see no other way other than the (innocent)citizens start shooting back and taking these idiots out before it will change, that or GET RID OF THE FUCKING DRUG WAR.

Seems an easy decision to me.

coastie
09-22-2012, 09:59 AM
Now that I am older I see that freedom and liberty are like Santa, the easter bunny and the tooth fairy, they are all just stories we tell the children to make them feel better about this place. :mad:

+rep for pure, unadulterated awesomeness.

Henry Rogue
09-22-2012, 10:10 AM
War on us

nobody's_hero
09-22-2012, 10:15 AM
is it just me, or does it seem like this stuff is happening quite a lot lately in Tennessee? We need to start a grassroots initiative or something to start running for the offices of sheriff in that state.

osan
09-22-2012, 10:19 AM
Hunt them.

Render them.

Try them.

Sentence them.

Execute them.

nobody's_hero
09-22-2012, 10:28 AM
The irony just struck me that the man's name was John Adams. No relation of course, just found that a bit interesting.

fisharmor
09-22-2012, 10:37 AM
The irony just struck me that the man's name was John Adams. No relation of course, just found that a bit interesting.

Yeah all they need to do now is charge him with sedition.
He's certainly an example of Adams' preferred America.

Jeremy
09-22-2012, 10:42 AM
He's right that the police men who shot the guy weren't at fault. By then it was too late. They already messed up.

youngbuck
09-22-2012, 12:23 PM
WTF! I'm pretty calloused by these type of stories by now, but this is INSANE! "Best surveillence?! Mistake?!" Fuck them. Don't just get a rope, get ropes. The cops, the judge, everyone involved. This is calculated enslavement and warfare on the American people, all under the guise of protecting you from the drug bogeyman.

What a tragedy that John Adams wasn't able to take at least one of them with him.

Henry Rogue
09-22-2012, 04:23 PM
Still say Victims or Victims' Families should be able to sue the trigger pullers directly. they'll think twice before they start their abuses.

nobody's_hero
09-24-2012, 07:01 AM
Revisited this thread. Got angry again. So I did something about it.

Dear Mr. Swann,

I would like to suggest a reality check on the topic of the 'War on Drugs'. I was disheartened by a story out of Tennessee where a law enforcement drug task force mistakenly raided the wrong house based on false leads.The story is here:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95475&page=1#.UFxiia51iUN

The officers who killed Mr. Adams were given administrative leave with pay! Doesn't seem quite right.

Similar incidents happen in the United States everyday. Our nation often prides itself on freedom, but we have one of the highest rates of incarceration in the world. I wonder if that is due to our 'criminal' approach to what Dr. Ron Paul suggested we ought to consider a health issue (drug use). It seems to me that the lessons of the "noble expirement" of the early 20th century (prohibition) have yet to be learned.

I appreciate everything you do to discuss important freedom issues that are often brushed aside by the mainstream media.

TonySutton
09-24-2012, 07:41 AM
According to the 2010 Census this is a town of 26k people. How the hell do the cops not know who the old folks are and who the criminals are?

pcosmar
09-24-2012, 08:00 AM
According to the 2010 Census this is a town of 26k people. How the hell do the cops not know who the old folks are and who the criminals are?

Everyone is a criminal. They just haven't been caught yet.
http://www.threefeloniesaday.com/Youtoo/tabid/86/Default.aspx

wait your turn,, they'll get to you.

donnay
09-24-2012, 08:25 AM
"Police admitted their mistake, saying faulty information from a drug informant contributed to the death of John Adams Wednesday night."

His name was JOHN ADAMS?!?!? Mistake??? WTF, killing a person isn't a mistake, it is murder plain and simple.

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty." ~ John Adams

PaulConventionWV
09-24-2012, 09:28 AM
I've asked this question before, and nobody answered.

Is there some kind of plan to all this "Sorry, wrong house" business by the police? It seems like nobody would be stupid enough to go to the wrong address as much as the police do. If they're really all just accidents, what could contribute to this? It seems like it happens so often that there must be something causing the police to do it, or they're doing it deliberately for some unknown reason. But why? What's causing all these wrong-door raids?

AGRP
09-24-2012, 09:40 AM
I wish I could get paid time off for home invasion, kid napping, and murdering someone.

NCGOPer_for_Paul
09-24-2012, 09:41 AM

Is there some kind of plan to all this "Sorry, wrong house" business by the police? It seems like nobody would be stupid enough to go to the wrong address as much as the police do. If they're really all just accidents, what could contribute to this? It seems like it happens so often that there must be something causing the police to do it, or they're doing it deliberately for some unknown reason. But why? What's causing all these wrong-door raids?

See something. Say something.

Seems like the cops take the word of "informants" as gospel.

Whatever happened to gathering evidence to build a case, show the evidence to a magistrate, and get a lawful search order?

foxtrotterz
09-24-2012, 10:46 AM
I think Pizza Hut would have gone out of business by now if they got the wrong house as often as our police departments do.

Brian4Liberty
09-24-2012, 10:57 AM

No plan other than freely exercising (abusing) their authority and using unnecessary military tactics on the population. The widow was correct, these are boys with toys.

As far as frequency, they are doing this all day (all night?) every day, so the "mistakes" will add up.

Brian4Liberty
09-24-2012, 10:59 AM
Police say her husband fired first with a sawed-off shotgun and they responded.

I would guess that the old man fired a warning shot before being executed. You don't miss with a sawed-off shotgun.

jmdrake
09-24-2012, 06:09 PM
is it just me, or does it seem like this stuff is happening quite a lot lately in Tennessee? We need to start a grassroots initiative or something to start running for the offices of sheriff in that state.

It's not just you. TN is in pretty bad shape. Between the police shootings and the TSA Viper teams we've got our hands full.

jmdrake
09-24-2012, 06:10 PM
"Police admitted their mistake, saying faulty information from a drug informant contributed to the death of John Adams Wednesday night."

His name was JOHN ADAMS?!?!? Mistake??? WTF, killing a person isn't a mistake, it is murder plain and simple.

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty." ~ John Adams

The "mistake" is allowing no-knock raids. Cops should have to identify themselves. Yeah, that means the evidence may get "flushed". That's just a risk the "WOD" should have to deal with.

Travlyr
09-26-2012, 07:03 PM

A quick study of history proves that our ancestors enjoyed freedom and liberty. We don't get to enjoy freedom because it is a long lost way to live. Unfortunately, too few people in the 21st century understand it. Too much TV.

LibForestPaul
09-26-2012, 07:33 PM
The "law" depends if one is on the blue side or the mundane side.

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/09/02/us/bounty-hunters-kill-couple-in-case-of-mistaken-identity.html

Bounty Hunters Kill Couple In Case of Mistaken Identity
the authorities announced the arrest of one bounty hunter on charges of second-degree murder

I am sure there are more.