PDA

View Full Version : Romneys paid $1.94 million federal taxes for 2011

tangent4ronpaul
09-21-2012, 05:28 PM
http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2012-09-21/romneys-paid-1-dot-94-million-in-fed-taxes-for-2011

WASHINGTON (AP) — Mitt Romney, one of the wealthiest candidates ever to seek the presidency, paid nearly $2 million in federal taxes on $13.7 million in income that he and his wife reported last year, his U.S. returns showed Friday. That came to an effective tax rate of 14.1 percent, lower than millions of middle-income Americans but actually more than he had to pay.

Most of Romney's income was from investment returns. That is why his rate was lower than taxpayers whose income was mostly from wages, which can be taxed at higher rates.

dannno
09-21-2012, 05:30 PM
I say let him keep the whole thing if he will end our foreign wars and occupations.

DavidK
09-21-2012, 05:50 PM
I say let him keep the whole thing if he will end our foreign wars and occupations.

If only...

RonPaulFanInGA
09-22-2012, 04:23 AM
That came to an effective tax rate of 14.1 percent, lower than millions of middle-income Americans

Did those "middle-income Americans" pay $1,940,000 in taxes for 2011? Romney has paid more in one year than they'll pay in their entire lifes.

RickyJ
09-22-2012, 04:29 AM

You would trust him to keep his word? I don't care what he says, his word means nothing.

RickyJ
09-22-2012, 04:35 AM
Did those "middle-income Americans" pay $1,940,000 in taxes for 2011? Romney has paid more in one year than they'll pay in their entire lifes.

Not sure what your point is, but if Romney wants to talk about who is paying taxes and who isn't then we will need to see the last 10 years of tax returns form him. Obama and Biden have released the last 12 years of their tax returns, Paul Ryan has released 10 years of tax returns. Romney is only releasing returns that show he actually paid tax when he knew his sorry ass was going to run for president and that he would have to release at least some tax returns.

Heck, the fool is running for president of the USA and he doesn't want to show his past tax returns? Obama will hit him hard for this, and it will cost him votes.

RonPaulFanInGA
09-22-2012, 05:54 AM
Not sure what your point is

That Romney has paid more in taxes in one year than most Americans will throughout their whole life?

This class envy stuff is stupid. People getting tax refunds are outraged at somebody who paid nearly two million dollars in taxes.

tod evans
09-22-2012, 06:12 AM
I'm glad some folks are making enough money in this economy to pay taxes.

Too bad our government can't exhibit some stewardship with the money. :(

RickyJ
09-22-2012, 06:33 AM
That Romney has paid more in taxes in one year than most Americans will throughout their whole life?

And you know that how? Certainly not from his past tax returns.

RickyJ
09-22-2012, 06:39 AM
I'm glad some folks are making enough money in this economy to pay taxes.

Too bad our government can't exhibit some stewardship with the money. :(

We all pay taxes, sales tax, inflation tax, payroll taxes, ect... The problem is not people not paying taxes, it is that there is no need for a personal federal income tax. And even if there was a need for it, wages are not income! A tax on wages is nothing more than a slave tax.

Adrock
09-22-2012, 08:20 AM
4 million to charity too? That means they paid 2 million in taxes on top of 1.5 million to charity (after deductions). That is a lot of dough.