PDA

View Full Version : Dyson Says Obama "Runs From Race Like A Black Man Runs From A Cop"

Origanalist
09-21-2012, 09:56 AM
So I guess he won't be pledging allegiance to Obama?

Michael Eric Dyson, professor of African American studies at Georgetown, addressed the Harry Reid “negro dialect” controversy last night on MSNBC. He criticized Obama for avoiding racial issue.

You ain’t talking about civil rights, you ain’t talking bout affirmative action, you’re not pressing the issue.”

He also said that Barack Obama does not sound Black.

If Barack Obama was standing forth in America to speak brilliantly and courageously about the issues of race, he’d sound a lot more black too.

He concluded with a harsh criticism of Obama.

I think that we should push the president. This president runs from race like a black man runs from a cop. What we have to do is ask Mr. Obama to stand up and use his bully pulpit to help us. He is loathe to speak about race.
http://newsone.com/410402/michael-dyson-says-obama-runs-from-race-like-a-black-man-runs-from-a-cop/

BlackTerrel
09-21-2012, 09:36 PM
I don't think that's accurate as all. Obama benefits African Americans by being a positive role model and a good example.

If he "harped about race" as others want him to do it would likely have the opposite effect.

juleswin
09-21-2012, 09:42 PM
Obama is not an African American, he is half and half. So I will continue to hold out hope that the first African American president will not be a waste of space like Obama. Maybe someone in mold of Ron Paul?

Anti Federalist
09-21-2012, 09:45 PM
Obama is not an African American, he is half and half. So I will continue to hold out hope that the first African American president will not be a waste of space like Obama. Maybe someone in mold of Ron Paul?

William Norman Grigg 2016!!

juleswin
09-21-2012, 09:55 PM

Have no idea who that is but I will probably look him tomorrow. But thank God you did not say Walter Williams or Thomas Sowell, my local newspaper runs their op ed almost 1 every week and my blood just about boils reading the so called libertarian thinkers writings.

Btw I dont necessarily care for a black president, but if we are to have one people consider AA, at least let him/her not be a total warmonger, bankerster shill

Feeding the Abscess
09-21-2012, 10:11 PM

Half-Mexican, half-Irish. Not sure what portion of either is black, but it's likely he's less black than Obama.

I'd dig Grigg in 2016, though.

Anti Federalist
09-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Half-Mexican, half-Irish. Not sure what portion of either is black, but it's likely he's less black than Obama.

I'd dig Grigg in 2016, though.

Oh wow, is my face red, I thought he was half black.

Oh well, Will Grigg 2016!!!

Feeding the Abscess
09-22-2012, 10:42 AM
Oh wow, is my face red, I thought he was half black.

Oh well, Will Grigg 2016!!!

It's very possible some portion of his Irish ancestry is black.

But yeah, Grigg in 2016! For prez or governor.