PDA

View Full Version : Proud of his Pork Barrel

acptulsa
09-21-2012, 07:08 AM
First District Congressman John Sullivan didn't exactly unload during his last appearance at a Tulsa Metro Chamber forum, but he did clear out a little baggage.

Swept from office in this year's GOP primary by a wave of anti-government, anti-federal spending sentiment, Sullivan took the occasion of his valedictory to the chamber to unapologetically inventory the money he helped secure for the district during his nearly 11 years in office.

"When it came to serving the needs of our community, I'm proud to stand here and say I delivered, whether it was politically popular or not," he said.

"Yes, that funding came from an earmark," Sullivan said, referring to the widening and straightening of Interstate 44 through Tulsa. "I took some heat for that. But it's a reasonable example of how federal funding can and should be used to promote public safety and ensure our infrastructure is up to date, and I will never apologize for that."

x ttp://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20120919_16_A5_ULNSRp579686

I'm so glad we retired him. I don't have a lot of faith his replacement will be better, but I'm hopeful. In any case, he can't be much worse. One more misrepresentative gone!

LibertyEagle
09-21-2012, 07:27 AM
I am proud of Oklahoma for dumping him. :D

acptulsa
09-21-2012, 07:33 AM
Now we get to wait with baited breath to see if the guy who primaried him, Jim Bridenstein, is an improvement or...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/79/Brideoffrankenstein.jpg/225px-Brideoffrankenstein.jpg