PDA

View Full Version : New polling - 20 Sept. - Obama pulls ahead in key battleground states of CO-IA-WI

Anti Federalist
09-20-2012, 06:47 PM
NBC/WSJ poll: Obama hits 50 percent in Iowa, Wisconsin and Colorado (Updated)

By MAGGIE HABERMAN | 9/20/12 7:39 PM EDT Updated at 7:46 p.m.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/09/nbcwsj-poll-obama-hits-percent-in-iowa-wisconsin-136211.html?hp=r3

A new round of NBC/WSJ/Marist College polls show President Obama leading Mitt Romney in three battlegrounds, hitting the 50 percent mark in all three.

In Wisconsin and Colorado, it's 50 percent to 45 percent among likely voters. In Iowa, it's 50 percent to 42 percent among likely voters.

The Iowa and Wisconsin numbers are a bit different than some internal polls on both sides, which show it much closer, and well within the margin of error. Colorado polling also hasn't been consistent in the public surveys, but this is also within the margin.

But Romney faces the same hurdle in those states as he has elsewhere - his favorable ratings are under water in all three. Obama's favorables are north of 50 percent, slightly, in all three, but his job approval is a little lower.

Romney and Obama are basically tied on who would handle the economy best, but Obama leads Romney by two points on that question in Colorado and four points in Iowa.

It's not a huge gap, but it underscores that Romney is behind in some key battlegrounds. They are still competitive, and it's why his team is hoping more time in the field and a good first debate outing could help change the narrative.

RCA
09-20-2012, 06:50 PM
To be honest, I secretly want Obama to win to spite Romney. I will be voting for Johnson, but rooting for Obama if that makes any sense at all.

Anti Federalist
09-20-2012, 06:54 PM
To be honest, I secretly want Obama to win to spite Romney. I will be voting for Johnson, but rooting for Obama if that makes any sense at all.

I can see that.

Me?

I have a very personal reason to want to see Romney defeated and why I keep harping on this.