PDA

View Full Version : The TEA part was stolen. OWS was co-opted. But we changed the world.

Cshelton21
09-20-2012, 12:34 PM
was QE3 the straw that broke the camels back? Well it wasn't a straw for-say, more like a thousand pound stick beating an already dead horse. But today I can proudly say that what we did changed the world.

On my way to work I heard Glenn Beck expunging anti-fed Romney "Propaganda." He spoke about how in "secret" fund-raisers Romney condemned the feds actions and called Bernanke asking him not to conduct QE3. They went on about the fed for about half an hour. His co-host condemned Ron Paul nonetheless. His criticism: that Paul's plan to "END THE FED" would cause economic disaster "If you just took away the fed one day." Neither Neo-Conservative goons having actually delved in to the plan for competing currencies and a gradual phasing out of the Federal Reserve.

When I arrived at work and got to my desk I peered over at a monitor with a small picture of Bernanke at the top left corner. when I investigated it was set to CNN. "Federal Reserve Policies favor the Rich" the article was nonsensical at best and described how this may help home and property owners by helping kick start the housing market but it completely left out everything related to inflation.

while both entertainment sources (and I call them entertainment and not journalism, as journalism is grounded in unbiased fact and not partisan cheer-leading) completely missed the biggest side-effect of money pumping on the economy, inflation. One thing however was being made apparently clear, our attempts to challenge the status quo are paying off, Or more importantly the rule of blowback was finally taking effect. Conformation of this came at lunch. I had just finished warming my leftover taco's when a co-worker sat across from me and started questioning me about the Fed. What was startling was that I didn't initiate the conversation at all. I had been greatly successful in convincing my entire office into voting for Dr. Paul during the Florida primary, but I knew it was in part due to my passion for Dr. Paul, and in part for their disgust for status quo politicians, combined with Ron's likability, but this was the first sign of life I had seen in a long time. People were actually starting to question (of their own will ) economic policy. As I spoke on how the Fed used inflation to fund Big Government and War via the selling of bonds and fractional reserve lending, I could see that the heart and minds of my colleagues were being won over using the logic they possessed all along.

I always used my office as a barometer for success in regards to left-right propaganda. Our lunch room debates consistently consisted of me swatting down basic fox news and liberal media talking points in regards to true liberty and its associated peoples. For the first time though the need and want for truth was the center piece of the conversation. When my co-workers learned that each day money was being stolen from them they became almost livid. the audience had grown to a small crowd as we discussed sound money and the bond debt-interest cycle. At the end of the conversation however one question evaded all of my knowledge and passion.

"What do we do now?"

It was the first question that caught me off guard. Until now, "Vote for Ron Paul" was a universally acceptable answer, but it even months ago it was too little too late. "Become involved?" "Donate?" I didn't know. None of the advice I issued to my new converts during the primary are acceptable anymore. The remnants of liberty seemed so far scattered, our movement so far divided. I stood in almost complete shock as a wracked my brain looking for the appropriate answer. A slight personal depression set in as I thought more and more about having lost the election for Dr. Paul.

"Start learning, and keep fighting"

It was the only words I could piece together. As I returned to my desk the reality of it all set in. "Ron will never be the president" I thought to myself. I was ashamed of my attitude. Even more when I finally had an audience of people eager for instructions on how to fix it all, I was clueless. It took me only moments to realize the sick Irony of it all.

But as I stopped to recount everything I realize that Dr. Paul's intended outcome had been achieved. Ron Paul will never be the president, but he struck the deathblow to the old guard. It wasn't enough that Dr. Paul "started" or "changed" the conversation. He pulled back the curtain of secrecy, stupidity, and ignorance that concealed and protected the old way of doing business. Ron Paul set in motion a chain of events that cannot be undone, and with enough time, and effort will set us all free.

He gave us a shot.

The Tea Party was stolen. Occupy Wall Street was co-opted. But we changed the world, and we're here to stay.

_pauladin_
09-20-2012, 01:05 PM
This is a really nice post. The "sacred cow" definitely ain't as sacred as it used to be.

ChristopherShelley
09-20-2012, 01:14 PM
Ron Paul is the Jim Morrison of politics.

TheGrinch
09-20-2012, 01:15 PM
Not everyone's fully receptive to the message yet, but there are a lot more people waking up than I thought before recently.

People realize that there's a problem, even if they don't know quite what it is or the solution is. They realize that things are only getting worse. They realize that all the politicians are corrupt and just paying lip-service to solutions, if even that, as they only take care of the priveleged. They realize the two-party system is a sham that's giving us progressively worse candidates to choose from.

It won't be long before they're forced to admit "maybe that Ron Paul fellow was right all along". Much to my surprise, I've even seem that from some friends, family and acquaintances who I never expected to see it from.

KEEF
09-20-2012, 02:02 PM
+rep, loved the OP

PatriotOne
09-20-2012, 02:28 PM
Well it wasn't a straw for-say, more like a thousand pound stick beating an already dead horse.

Nice post but you mean "per se" not "for-say".