PDA

View Full Version : What Mitt Romney Also Said: A Glimpse Of The Endgame? [zerohedge]

hazek
09-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Well at least this clears it up, he is no fool and knows what's up:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/what-mitt-romney-also-said-glimpse-endgame

In response to an audience question:

Romney: [The] former head of Goldman Sachs, John Whitehead, was also the former head of the New York Federal Reserve. And I met with him, and he said as soon as the Fed stops buying all the debt that we're issuing—which they've been doing, the Fed's buying like three-quarters of the debt that America issues. He said, once that's over, he said we're going to have a failed Treasury auction, interest rates are going to have to go up. We're living in this borrowed fantasy world, where the government keeps on borrowing money. You know, we borrow this extra trillion a year, we wonder who's loaning us the trillion? The Chinese aren't loaning us anymore. The Russians aren't loaning it to us anymore. So who's giving us the trillion? And the answer is we're just making it up. The Federal Reserve is just taking it and saying, "Here, we're giving it." It's just made up money, and this does not augur well for our economic future. You know, some of these things are complex enough it's not easy for people to understand, but your point of saying, bankruptcy usually concentrates the mind.

sournce: Mother Jones (http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/full-transcript-mitt-romney-secret-video)

Feeding the Abscess
09-19-2012, 04:52 PM
If he really got it, he'd be the peace candidate and in doing so would beat Obama by like 10 points.

Philosophy_of_Politics
09-19-2012, 04:54 PM
If he really got it, he'd be the peace candidate and in doing so would beat Obama by like 10 points.

I almost hope he wins and he has a major moral awakening.

July
09-19-2012, 05:11 PM

There's still time... Tick tock Romney....

GeorgiaAvenger
09-19-2012, 05:12 PM
I almost hope he wins and he has a major moral awakening.This actually does make me wonder if he is trending the right way. This was supposed to be secret.

Seraphim
09-19-2012, 05:16 PM
Any moral awakening would lead to his death.

The US president has the entire military industrial complex, the NSA, the banking cartel and big pharma breathing down his neck. The voters pale in comparison.

I suggest you look at picture of Bush Jr in 2000 and then again in 2008. Then look at a picture of Obama in 2008 and then today.

These men are aging in rapid, radical fashion.

They have the barrel of a gun aimed at their face, every day, all day.

This is what has them aging rapidly - the threat against their lives pales (in their own eyes) to the threat against their FAMILIES.

The President is a walking dead man. Always.

July
09-19-2012, 05:23 PM
You're right Seraphim...

hazek
09-20-2012, 02:36 AM
No no no, don't misunderstand me people. I don't think Romney gets us or the ideas that are the principles that guide us with how we live our lives, not at all. All I'm saying is no one can claim this will surprise him when TSHTF, or that he didn't know this was going on or what the consequences of it are going to be. He can't claim ignorance because clearly he knows exactly what's going on. That's all. And every time this scum doesn't mentioned it when he should he is taking a massive stinking dump on anyone in his close proximity at that moment.

He is a power hungry psychophat and even if I was voting, which I'm not because I don't agree with being governed without my contractually arranged explicit consent, I would never vote for him.

Feeding the Abscess
09-20-2012, 03:46 AM
No no no, don't misunderstand me people. I don't think Romney gets us or the ideas that are the principles that guide us with how we live our lives, not at all. All I'm saying is no one can claim this will surprise him when TSHTF, or that he didn't know this was going on or what the consequences of it are going to be. He can't claim ignorance because clearly he knows exactly what's going on. That's all. And every time this scum doesn't mentioned it when he should he is talking a massive stinking dump on anyone in his close proximity at that moment.

He is a power hungry psychophat and even if I was voting, which I'm not because I don't agree with being governed without my contractually arranged explicit consent, I would never vote for him.

Ah, I get where you're coming from now.

Boss
09-20-2012, 05:53 AM

You would have better chances hoping that RP wins the election via write-in

cbc58
09-20-2012, 06:19 AM
what we need is some celebrities to grab hold of this and speak directly to the tv audience. people won't listen to politicians but they will listen to Brad Pitt.

acptulsa
09-20-2012, 06:50 AM
I'd accuse Romney himself of purposely throwing this fight, but it can't be just him. Half or more of these post-convention gaffes happed well before the convention, and just didn't happen to get reported until Ron Paul was not nominated.

This election isn't Obama's to lose. This election is Obama's on the MSM's silver salver.

PaulConventionWV
09-20-2012, 07:04 AM
Well at least this clears it up, he is no fool and knows what's up:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/what-mitt-romney-also-said-glimpse-endgame

Did I just hear Romney say something substantial? Wait, wait, no.

Did I just hear Romney say something... THAT I AGREE WITH???

He actually talked about real facts for once and it made complete sense. It wasn't just rhetoric. I can hardly believe this.

On second thought, if this really was supposed to be in secret, I guess I'm not surprised. Mitt's only a dumbed-down pander bear in public. In private, he knows exactly what's going on and he supports it.

PaulConventionWV
09-20-2012, 07:07 AM
No no no, don't misunderstand me people. I don't think Romney gets us or the ideas that are the principles that guide us with how we live our lives, not at all. All I'm saying is no one can claim this will surprise him when TSHTF, or that he didn't know this was going on or what the consequences of it are going to be. He can't claim ignorance because clearly he knows exactly what's going on. That's all. And every time this scum doesn't mentioned it when he should he is taking a massive stinking dump on anyone in his close proximity at that moment.

Right, these people know the system can't last. They know the end is coming, and they want it to come.

RockEnds
09-20-2012, 07:19 AM
Well, he does seem to understand that we're in big financial trouble caused by creating money out of thin air. He doesn't say anything about abolishing the Fed, sound money, competing currency, or what action he would take to resolve the problem. At best, it's a statement that can be used to support Dr Paul's position. Romney doesn't seem to have a position, just an understanding that we're headed toward financial collapse. Undoubtedly, he's not the only person who understands what is happening with the money. He's one of many who lack either the motive or the courage to do something about it.

LibertyEagle
09-20-2012, 08:05 AM
The system will collapse and then they will push to usher in a world currency. That's what I think, anyway.

They will say, see, no more Federal Reserve, of course it will be replaced with a world equivalent, and look, no more worrying about silly exchange rates and to top it off, we will partially back it with a precious metal. And like lambs to slaughter, the majority will go along with it.

jbauer
09-20-2012, 08:05 AM
I've said the same thing to my wife on several occations. It will be interesting to see how it effects their health long-term.

Any moral awakening would lead to his death.

The US president has the entire military industrial complex, the NSA, the banking cartel and big pharma breathing down his neck. The voters pale in comparison.

I suggest you look at picture of Bush Jr in 2000 and then again in 2008. Then look at a picture of Obama in 2008 and then today.

These men are aging in rapid, radical fashion.

They have the barrel of a gun aimed at their face, every day, all day.

This is what has them aging rapidly - the threat against their lives pales (in their own eyes) to the threat against their FAMILIES.

The President is a walking dead man. Always.

acptulsa
09-20-2012, 08:45 AM
The system will collapse and then they will push to usher in a world currency. That's what I think, anyway.

They will say, see, no more Federal Reserve, of course it will be replaced with a world equivalent, and look, no more worrying about silly exchange rates and to top it off, we will partially back it with a precious metal. And like lambs to slaughter, the majority will go along with it.

A timely reminder.

LE didn't create this out of whole cloth, folks. The IMF has been making noises along these lines for years now.

Athan
09-20-2012, 09:08 AM
If this is true and he understands this, he has ulterior motives and probably wants to take advantage of the situation.

July
09-20-2012, 09:39 AM
If this is true and he understands this, he has ulterior motives and probably wants to take advantage of the situation.

Oh probably. Obama understands too, I'm sure...
They are all benefiting.

Acala
09-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Heroin and meth addicts KNOW their addiction is bad for them and will ultimately kill them. There are plenty of politicians that know we are on a fatal course. I would hazard to guess that MOST of wealthy business people know the system is unsustainable. Romney isn't going to be able to lie to sophisiticated business people the way he does to the masses. But he works for the people who currently benefit from the scams and he is paid (in money and glory) to continue to run those scams until they won't run anymore. He will tell blatant lies to the general public because they will lap it up. He will tell more refined lies behind closed doors to the folks who are too sophisticated to believe the crap he spews to the masses. But if anyone thinks he has ANY intention of disrupting the government contractor/warfare/banking scams, they are in for a big disappointment.

AuH20
09-20-2012, 09:56 AM
Let's be serious here. Romney and other high profile pols like him cannot tell the public the truth. Do you think he can honestly tell them that the 40% of the overall federal operations costs is actually debt financing, that will have to cease in the very near future. We can barely even cut projected department increases without being called every name in the book. Think about a drastic scenario in which the government is forced to survive by tax revenue alone (approximiately 2.3 trillion, give or take)????? This country will literally burn to the ground, due to the numerous parasites being caught off from their fix. That day is rapidly approaching.

matt0611
09-20-2012, 09:56 AM
Well, at least Romney understands what's going on. I give him a little credit for that because I didn't think he really did.

Now if only he advocated actual SOLUTIONS to fix the problem we'd be getting somewhere.

AuH20
09-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Well, at least Romney understands what's going on. I give him a little credit for that because I didn't think he really did.

Now if only he advocated actual SOLUTIONS to fix the problem we'd be getting somewhere.

Romney is a far more likeable candidate behind the scenes as opposed to this spineless gameshow host archetype he projects in public. He's very cheap and frugal like Ron I hear. But, with all this said, he's made far too many concessions already to be a good president. He's in too deep.

acptulsa
09-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Romney is a far more likeable candidate behind the scenes as opposed to this spineless gameshow host archetype he projects in public. He's very cheap and frugal like Ron I hear. But, with all this said, he's made far too many concessions already to be a good president. He's in too deep.

I can agree with all of that. I'd like to talk to him about Rambler. He wouldn't like it, as I'm a Hudson fan and George Romney killed the brand. But I'd enjoy it.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/31/Hudson_Hornet_Club_Coupe_1951.jpg/280px-Hudson_Hornet_Club_Coupe_1951.jpg

George Mason's Nash merged with Hudson to form American Motors. He intended to merge with James J. Nance's Studebaker-Packard, but died of a heart attack. George Romney succeeded Mason and didn't follow through. If all four had merged as intended, the resulting American Motors would likely still be around, and I believe that the state of the American automobile and the health of the industry today would be much better. The whole industry, thanks to hotter competition.

I'm not a George W. Romney fan.

Wouldn't talk economics, politics or policy with Willard in person, though. Neither of us would enjoy that conversation.

HOLLYWOOD
09-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Romney is a far more likeable candidate behind the scenes as opposed to this spineless gameshow host archetype he projects in public. He's very cheap and frugal like Ron I hear. But, with all this said, he's made far too many concessions already to be a good president. He's in too deep.over 75% of Romney's advisors/senior staff are Bush Retreads. This game ends badly for the all middle and poor classes since that's where government steals the wealth from for their global gladiator games.

RockEnds
09-20-2012, 10:18 AM
over 75% of Romney's advisors/senior staff are Bush Retreads. This game ends badly for the all middle and poor classes since that's where government steals the wealth from for their global gladiator games.

That's the key right there. Gotta keep the funny money propped up while they're picking fights all over the world.

Athan
09-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Well, he does seem to understand that we're in big financial trouble caused by creating money out of thin air. He doesn't say anything about abolishing the Fed, sound money, competing currency, or what action he would take to resolve the problem.
He is probably supported of "Special Drawing Rights" issued by the IMF and World bank or another form of petrodollar. If the dollar fails, we need to not just hord gold and silver but actually trade with trusted local businesses to aclimatize them with using silver and gold. If corporations don't follow suit, let their business suffer.

AuH20
09-20-2012, 11:25 AM
over 75% of Romney's advisors/senior staff are Bush Retreads. This game ends badly for the all middle and poor classes since that's where government steals the wealth from for their global gladiator games.

Actually, the poor have had a great run of it up until this point. Cheap accessible goods, ample credit lines far exceeding personal collateral, a generous safety net (disability, food stamps, unemployment, etc.) The middle class and the small business owner is the actual entity who has been carrying the national burden for many decades, yet continues to be penalized and exploited by the system at large.