PDA

View Full Version : Occupy Wall Street chief organizer unravels, ponders calling it quits

CaseyJones
09-19-2012, 03:18 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/19/occupy-wall-street-chief-organizer-unravels-ponders-calling-it-quits/

:mad: @ the picture they use

“I’m tired of this,” he said, as the clock neared midnight.

“I’m tired of them,” he said, pointing to the remaining contingent of Occupiers in the park.

“I’m tired of them,” he said, pointing to the NYPD.

“I’m tired of this whole fucking thing.”

certainly can relate to that

pcosmar
09-19-2012, 03:25 PM
A self proclaimed "chief organizer". just one of many.

Just a guy getting arrested,, There were a lot of folks that supported Ron,, and Protested the FED and Corporatism.

It was not all Adbusters folks. (though they co-opted)

PaulConventionWV
09-19-2012, 03:27 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/19/occupy-wall-street-chief-organizer-unravels-ponders-calling-it-quits/

certainly can relate to that

It's about f***ing time!

DerailingDaTrain
09-19-2012, 03:27 PM
http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/485c158e2adc4652993652cd4d345ee2.jpg

For those who don't want to give it trafic.

:rolleyes:

PaulConventionWV
09-19-2012, 03:29 PM
I've been tired of this [bowel] "movement" for a long time.

Also, that picture isn't necessarily something we want to give traffic to, no.

dannno
09-19-2012, 03:39 PM
There were a lot of End the Fed and RP supporters at the OWS protests I went to, so I don't think it is unfair to use that picture at all.

kathy88
09-19-2012, 03:44 PM
http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/485c158e2adc4652993652cd4d345ee2.jpg

For those who don't want to give it trafic.

:rolleyes:

That cop is getting ready to shove his hand down that guys' pants.

dannno
09-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Wow, this is great news, Occupy will be SOOO much better off without this guy!!

Black openly expressed his support for Barack Obama, even insisting that occupiers did not really want to protest against the president.

To anarchist insiders who hate both political parties, he represents the Democratic Party’s co-opting of Occupy Wall Street.

thoughtomator
09-19-2012, 04:16 PM
This sounds like Occupy is rejecting the establishmenting of the movement as happened to the Tea Party. Good for them!

pcosmar
09-19-2012, 04:26 PM
This sounds like Occupy is rejecting the establishmenting of the movement as happened to the Tea Party. Good for them!
They always were,,

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6234/6220212008_88cfd9c402.jpg

Feeding the Abscess
09-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Occupy the Pentagon

I might actually fly out from California for that one.

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-19-2012, 05:26 PM
Occupy the Pentagon

I might actually fly out from California for that one.

I'd be more inclined to occupy our local municipal or county seats, and demand independence. Wallowing about in a park, doesn't solve shit. You think if any great Civil Disobedience movement did what Occupy did they would have any success? Pitch some tents in a fucking park? WEAK.

PaulConventionWV
09-20-2012, 09:43 AM
Wow, this is great news, Occupy will be SOOO much better off without this guy!!

Libertarians don't "Occupy" public space just for the sake of clogging things up on Wall Street. The very idea of "occupy wall street" is not liberty-oriented because I'm sure people here can think of something better to do than stand around in a street and participate in general mayhem for no other reason than to express their disdain, even though they wouldn't do this if they weren't part of a collective. Occupy was a collective movement, and I say was because, hopefully, it is in its death throes now. I really am sick of it and want it to disappear. It is not productive and has nothing to do with liberty. Some liberty-minded people may go there to talk to people, but the origins of this movement clearly had nothing to do with liberty.

PaulConventionWV
09-20-2012, 09:46 AM
They always were,,

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6234/6220212008_88cfd9c402.jpg

They're free even though they depend on the collective to express it. Yeah, right. What a joke.

PaulConventionWV
09-20-2012, 09:47 AM
I'd be more inclined to occupy our local municipal or county seats, and demand independence. Wallowing about in a park, doesn't solve shit. You think if any great Civil Disobedience movement did what Occupy did they would have any success? Pitch some tents in a fucking park? WEAK.

My sentiments exactly. Occupy is such a stupid, absurd idea.

matt0611
09-20-2012, 09:48 AM
Libertarians don't "Occupy" public space just for the sake of clogging things up on Wall Street. The very idea of "occupy wall street" is not liberty-oriented because I'm sure people here can think of something better to do than stand around in a street and participate in general mayhem for no other reason than to express their disdain, even though they wouldn't do this if they weren't part of a collective. Occupy was a collective movement, and I say was because, hopefully, it is in its death throes now. I really am sick of it and want it to disappear. It is not productive and has nothing to do with liberty. Some liberty-minded people may go there to talk to people, but the origins of this movement clearly had nothing to do with liberty.

Yeah, that's a good point. If you're going to protest, do it peacefully and don't destroy private property or make things difficult for private citizens just because you "hate the system".

I hate even the name of the movement "Occupy".

pcosmar
09-20-2012, 09:49 AM
Some liberty-minded people may go there to talk to people, but the origins of this movement clearly had nothing to do with liberty.
What do you know of it's origin?

The bullshit that was pushed by Beck and Faux?

HOLLYWOOD
09-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Damn... Daily Caller is bringing back the 60s-70s Hippy-Peacenicks with that pic.

It sucks that dumbass America will look at this picture and play right into GOP/RNC/corporate Fascist Propaganda world, that Ron Paul supporters are all POT SMOKERS/Druggies-troublemakers.

thoughtomator
09-20-2012, 10:00 AM

There's nothing un-libertarian about stopping a crime in progress.

PaulConventionWV
09-20-2012, 10:47 AM
What do you know of it's origin?

The bullshit that was pushed by Beck and Faux?

No, I know because occupying public space just for the sake of clogging things up (they really don't say why they find "occupying" to be an effective method of protest, so I tend to think it's not) is not productive and has nothing to do with liberty. It is not something that liberty-minded people do. It is not a movement that libertarians would dream up. If it's already there, they may go and talk, but no libertarian is going to propose an idea to simply stand around in a park as a form of protest and have thousands of people get on board with it as if it were actually an appealing liberty-oriented solution to anything.

I also know because it is inherently collective. Nobody would do this if they didn't have the group mentality to hide behind. Occupy is very quick to say "We support this and not this", regardless of what any individual may believe. The whole idea of occupy relies on the collective, so I don't believe there's any facet of its origins that was liberty-oriented.

PaulConventionWV
09-20-2012, 10:48 AM
There's nothing un-libertarian about stopping a crime in progress.

And, pray tell, who is stopping a crime by pitching a tent in a park?

Nirvikalpa
09-20-2012, 11:02 AM

Do tell me how libertarians do not practice/have not practiced civil disobedience...

PaulConventionWV
09-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Do tell me how libertarians do not practice/have not practiced civil disobedience...

That's not what I said at all and you know it.

dannno
09-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Did they make fun of you or something?

PaulConventionWV
09-20-2012, 11:18 AM
Did they make fun of you or something?

Are you responding to me? I really can't tell when people don't quote. Since I think you were asking me, I will answer you: no.

Brian4Liberty
09-20-2012, 11:24 AM

Those bastards in the media never give it a rest.

FrankRep
09-20-2012, 11:52 AM
How can this guy be the "chief organizer" when Occupy Wall Street brags about being leaderlesss, aimless, and directionless?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

pcosmar
09-20-2012, 12:08 PM
How can this guy be the "chief organizer" when Occupy Wall Street brags about being leaderlesss, aimless, and directionless?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

He can't. as simple as that.

He was a self proclaimed organizer. and there are many of those.

BlackTerrel
09-20-2012, 01:01 PM
That cop is getting ready to shove his hand down that guys' pants.

Yeah that looks weird.

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-20-2012, 01:57 PM
Yeah, that's a good point. If you're going to protest, do it peacefully and don't destroy private property or make things difficult for private citizens just because you "hate the system".

I hate even the name of the movement "Occupy".

Yes, but peaceful does not mean passive aggressive. You can be peaceful and agitate; yes, destroying property never solves anything - now, homesteading stolen property AMEN; make things difficult? OF COURSE. You think disrupting the tea flow into Boston by a bunch of rag-tag libertarian rabble in 1773 wasn't disruptive to 'the boobus Brittania'?

Lovecraftian4Paul
09-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Good, maybe OWS will go back to being more of an independent movement. It's been a lapdog of the Democrats and extreme liberal fronts since its first few weeks of existence.

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Good, maybe OWS will go back to being more of an independent movement. It's been a lapdog of the Democrats and extreme liberal fronts since its first few weeks of existence.

Replace a few words and it sounds like quite a few posters around these parts. Good one...I got a chuckle. :D

gregb
09-20-2012, 06:57 PM
It would have been effective if everyday they occupied voting registration centers - a nice peaceful, orderly line of people filing through, all day, everyday, for weeks and months - that would have REALLY scared the people they were targeting, and pretty much nothing else will do.

FrankRep
09-20-2012, 06:58 PM
The movement is dead. No one cares about the silly occupiers.

PaulConventionWV
09-25-2012, 11:11 AM
The movement is dead. No one cares about the silly occupiers.

Glad it's over. I care not one iota about their movement (or lack thereof, tee-hee).