PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire: Romney 48%, Obama 45%

RonPaulFanInGA
09-19-2012, 08:37 AM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/new_hampshire/election_2012_new_hampshire_president

July
09-19-2012, 08:49 AM
I see a lot of Romney signs here. Some Ron Paul signs still, and some GJ signs. But I have only seen one Obama sign around....

Anti Federalist
09-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Wait, weren't you just bitching that the last NH poll had Obama up by couple of points?

AJ Antimony
09-19-2012, 05:30 PM
LOL Rasmussen

malkusm
09-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Rasmussen = invalid GOP cheerleaders until the week before the election

ZENemy
09-19-2012, 05:48 PM
LOL Rasmussen

this!

RickyJ
09-19-2012, 06:32 PM

I suspect that is the case.

TCE
09-19-2012, 09:22 PM

At least they're consistent. If they start producing accurate polls, well, then things start to get interesting...ly scary.

Keith and stuff
09-19-2012, 10:24 PM
Wait, weren't you just bitching that the last NH poll had Obama up by couple of points?

Yes. I think he just wants to promote New Hampshire and how it is the most important state in the US politically.

As for this particular election, according to Nate Silver, right now, NH is the 3rd most important state.

1 Ohio 8.6
2 Nev. 7.9
3 N.H. 6.0
http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/author/nate-silver/

GA isn't listed in the top 15. In fact, it is listed as <0.1, the lowest level of importance possible.

While GA isn't important in this election, there is at least 1 race that is important in GA. Please consider supporting this guy if you are in GA and bored about the lack of pro-liberty candidates in your area. https://www.facebook.com/kesslerforstatehouse I met Carter. He seems like a good person. I'd vote for him if I lived in the college town he is running to represent.

Anti Federalist
09-19-2012, 11:36 PM
As for this particular election, according to Nate Silver, right now, NH is the 3rd most important state.

Ah, very good.

I shall re-double my efforts to ensure a Romney loss in NH then.

low preference guy
09-19-2012, 11:51 PM
I shall re-double my efforts to ensure a Romney loss in NH then.

curious, how do you do that without directly telling people to vote for Obama?

Anti Federalist
09-20-2012, 12:07 AM
curious, how do you do that without encouraging people to vote for Obama?

Well, obviously I would try to avoid that.

Basically, I try to convince those "on the fence" people to stay home or vote third party or write in Paul.

I try to make the case to whoever will listen that Obamney is two sides of the same coin.

Die hard partisans of either the blue or red team are not going to be swayed, so I don't bother with them.

But the margins are thin enough that maybe my efforts will pay off.

ETA - You know what, your post has put an idea in my head.

I think I'm going to do another ad buy.

RonPaulFanInGA
09-20-2012, 12:43 AM

Hmm, looking at those posts in that thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?390298-New-Hampshire-Obama-48-Romney-47-(Likely-Voters)&p=4651842) now: they seem to be knocking the "Free State™" for 98%+ of their electorate voting for Obama and Romney this November, and there's nothing posted by me in that thread specifically griping about Obama leading in New Hampshire. But do feel free to keep putting word in others' mouths.

RonPaulFanInGA
09-20-2012, 12:51 AM
LOL Rasmussen

this!

This site really brings out the closet Obama fanboys. You never see posts like this when Obama is leading in some unlikely swing state, just "ha ha Romney is toast!" Let Obama be trailing, and here comes the "FAKE POLL!" stuff.

Anti Federalist
09-20-2012, 12:57 AM
Hmm, looking at those posts in that thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?390298-New-Hampshire-Obama-48-Romney-47-(Likely-Voters)&p=4651842) now: they seem to be knocking the "Free State™" for 98%+ of their electorate voting for Obama and Romney this November, and there's nothing posted by me in that thread specifically griping about Obama leading in New Hampshire. But do feel free to keep putting word in others' mouths.

Why, what a surprise, another disgruntled RPFer, complaining and snarking about what other people are doing, or in this case, the perceived lack of action.

What, your old lady run off with somebody from NH once?

Yes, we are an utter failure, because presidential polling is following the national trends, my god, thank you for pointing that out, I'm off to go jump overboard now.

Keith and stuff
09-20-2012, 01:02 AM
This site really brings out the closet Obama fanboys. You never see posts like this when Obama is leading in some unlikely swing state, just "ha ha Romney is toast!" Let Obama be trailing, and here comes the "FAKE POLL!" stuff.
Rasmussen is a Republican leaning polling company. You cannot like the truth. You can try to hide from the truth. You can hate the truth. Whatever you do, the truth is the truth. Anyway around it way, both polls show Obama and Romney within the margin of error.

While you have no basis to call those folks Obama cheerleaders. I have no basis to call you a Romney cheerleader. They are both bad and I'm not voting for either. However, I will admit while it looked like Obama was less bad than McCain, Obama looks as bad as Romney, to me. Obama seems to be worst of domestic spending, while Romney seems to be worst on foreign spending.

Tinnuhana
09-20-2012, 02:05 AM
Just point out those things already brought up plus the state will be crawling with road blocks and secret service types for FOUR YEARS, especially around the lake. There goes the short cut to Mt Washington. I'd be even more upset except that FrankenSundae seems to have gone out of business.