PDA

View Full Version : DHS buys more ammo

shane77m
09-19-2012, 06:28 AM
Warning to all of the haters. This is an InfoWars story.

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-purchases-200-million-more-rounds-of-ammunition/

A series of new solicitations posted on the FedBizOpps website show that the DHS is looking to purchase 200 million rounds of .223 rifle ammunition over the next four years, as well as 176,000 rounds of .308 caliber 168 grain hollow point boat tail (HPBT) rounds in addition to 25,000 rounds of blank .308 caliber bullets.

Looks like they want to take people out from afar.

DavidK
09-19-2012, 06:33 AM
We must cross our fingers and pray that the military and majority of the police departments are on our side when Romney or Obama declare martial law -- I honestly think that is our only hope at this point.

shane77m
09-19-2012, 06:38 AM
We must cross our fingers and pray that the military and majority of the police departments are on our side when Romney or Obama declare martial law -- I honestly think that is our only hope at this point.

I hope but I think most people will be okay with martial law. At least that is my opinion from reading Farcebook comments and various blog and news article comments. Looking at history and a lot of the news stories I think the military and police will most likely not be on anyone's side but the government.

Pericles
09-19-2012, 07:26 AM
I hope but I think most people will be okay with martial law. At least that is my opinion from reading Farcebook comments and various blog and news article comments. Looking at history and a lot of the news stories I think the military and police will most likely not be on anyone's side but the government.

They will be until someone in their circle of acquaintance gets hauled in for a chat that lasts indefinitely.

Origanalist
09-19-2012, 07:31 AM
They will be until someone in their circle of acquaintance gets hauled in for a chat that lasts indefinitely.

By then the fear will be too pervasive and they will do anything to stay on the "right" side.

youngbuck
09-19-2012, 11:59 AM
If they are using the ammo for government firearms, then the calibers should technically be 5.56x45 and 7.62 NATO (x51). They are slightly different than .223 and .308. I wonder what the deal is.

Occam's Banana
09-19-2012, 01:05 PM

You are correct. And not just about the military and police, but the citizenry as well. The present day situation demonstrates just how farcical is the notion that America & Americans are in any way, shape or form "exceptional." They are, in fact, just the opposite. When it comes to supporting the ruling elites that dupe & manipulate them, they are utterly typical and garden-variety.

Despite (or perhaps because of) the fact that he was such a foul & despicable sociopath, Herman Goering knew *exactly* what the score was. He was absolutely correct:

[I]t is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.

Not even then, I expect. Cognitive dissonance is a powerful thing, and there is no limit to the mental acrobatics some people will perform in order to avoid the self-knowledge that they have been played for fools.

bolil
09-19-2012, 01:47 PM
If they are using the ammo for government firearms, then the calibers should technically be 5.56x45 and 7.62 NATO (x51). They are slightly different than .223 and .308. I wonder what the deal is.

This is a good question I would like to hear addressed. Perhaps police forces (domestic standing armies) use non-nato rounds?

AFPVet
09-19-2012, 01:49 PM
This is a good question I would like to hear addressed. Perhaps police forces (domestic standing armies) use non-nato rounds?

Yeah... I don't know what the feds use, but we used .223 and .308 for our rifles in the civi sector instead of military 5.56 and 7.62 NATO.

bolil
09-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Yeah, makes sense. I prefer the stockpiling of .223 and .308 to nato rounds any day. Why? Because it diminishes the FOREIGN threat. Still not a wonderful situation.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-19-2012, 02:24 PM

I think for most people, it will take several "someones" because they'll just believe the first someone or two did something to deserve it.

This may also largely depend on what types of people they pick on first.

headhawg7
09-19-2012, 10:06 PM
Has anybody done the math on these figures in regards to how much has been ordered in the past versus these latest orders totally over a billion rounds? How many homeland security personnel are there? That would have to be thousands of rounds per DHS employee. I think it includes border patrol, coast guard, etc....?

I am just trying to figure out how unusual this really is because I know next to nothing about such things but I keep hearing it brought up and wanted to see the numbers for myself. I found the .gov websites where it actually shows the order requests but I don't know how unusual this is. I heard one person mention this was not all that unusual while hearing others say it is very unusual.