PDA

View Full Version : Bill Kristol calls on Romney to step down, calls for Ryan Rubio ticket

cindy25
09-18-2012, 09:47 PM
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/note-romney-s-arrogant-and-stupid-remarks_652548.html

It remains important for the country that Romney wins in November (unless he chooses to step down and we get the Ryan-Rubio ticket we deserve!). But that shouldn't blind us to the fact that Romney's comments, like those of Obama four years ago, are stupid and arrogant.

Origanalist
09-18-2012, 09:51 PM
OMG! Billy boy is turning on Romney!! Somebody get a fork.

FrankRep
09-18-2012, 09:53 PM
http://imgur.com/I6GSf.gif

acptulsa
09-18-2012, 09:55 PM
Rupert Murdoch, owner of Fox News, wants another term for Obama.

How damned obvious does he have to get before rank and file Republicans realize this simple fact?

Badger Paul
09-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Billy the Back-Stabber.

See Mitt, you can't the trust the neocons. You should have listened to the Liberty Movement. You'd be in far better shape.

NIU Students for Liberty
09-18-2012, 10:00 PM
Billy the Back-Stabber.

See Mitt, you can't the trust the neocons. You should have listened to the Liberty Movement. You'd be in far better shape.

Was Kristol even much of a Romney fan to begin with?

TheGrinch
09-18-2012, 10:01 PM
Rupert Murdoch, owner of Fox News, wants another term for Obama.

How damned obvious does he have to get before rank and file Republicans realize this simple fact?

Yep, nothing comes out of Kristol's mouth in public that isn't political theatre. I might actually hate him more than Cheney or Rumsfeld just because of that smug look he always has on his face. PNAC scumbags.

Really it's more to their advantage to jsut stick with Obama and keep the meddling largely out of public eye now that their foot is in the door. Only difference between republicans and democrats anymore is that under democrats you pretend like the conflicts don't exist.

RonRules
09-18-2012, 10:03 PM
http://www.weeklystandard.com/sites/all/files/imagecache/teaser-large/images/teasers/Ryan-Rubio.jpg

Meme this!

TheGrinch
09-18-2012, 10:04 PM
http://www.weeklystandard.com/sites/all/files/imagecache/teaser-large/images/teasers/Ryan-Rubio.jpg

Meme this!
Ignorance is bliss

Origanalist
09-18-2012, 10:07 PM

You have a point, I don't really know. I just assumed he was, they seem like such soul mates. But maybe Mittens doesn't want to bomb Iran bad enough.

trey4sports
09-18-2012, 10:26 PM
No, Kristol was never much of a Mitt fan. Mitt, while not very good, is still not a full-fledged neo-con and Kristol has been pretty vocal that he has wanted an alternative to Romney during the primary season. At one time, Kristol was suggesting that Santorum is a better candidate than Mitt.

low preference guy
09-18-2012, 10:27 PM
No, Kristol was never much of a Mitt fan. Mitt, while not very good, is still not a full-fledged neo-con and Kristol has been pretty vocal that he has wanted an alternative to Romney during the primary season. At one time, Kristol was suggesting that Santorum is a better candidate than Mitt.

Kristol probably believes Romney is a flip-flopper and might not bomb Iran.

TheGrinch
09-18-2012, 10:27 PM
If you don't have a moral spine and can be bought by them, you might as well be a neocon for all intents and purposes.

RonRules
09-18-2012, 10:40 PM
But maybe Mittens doesn't want to bomb Iran bad enough.

Yeah but remember, you can't bomb if you can't win.

In fact if Romney bombs the election, Israel will be all alone to bomb Iran and we can't have that.

(I wonder if that thread will trigger the computers of NSA's project carnivore (or is it still called that now)

acptulsa
09-18-2012, 10:41 PM

If you want Obama to win, Santorum is the best possible Republican candidate. I don't believe Romney will win, but at least that isn't completely inconceivable. There is a mighty tiny portion of the populace that can picture Santorum as POTUS without either laughing or retching.

low preference guy
09-18-2012, 10:42 PM
If you want Obama to win, Santorum is the best possible Republican candidate. I don't believe Romney will win, but at least that isn't completely inconceivable. There is a mighty tiny portion of the populace that can picture Santorum as POTUS without either laughing or retching.

Kristol's Santorum push had the purpose of eclipsing Ron Paul.

NIU Students for Liberty
09-18-2012, 10:45 PM

Kristol preferring Santorum wouldn't surprise me. Santorum mastered the art of pandering to the evangelicals (even though he's a Catholic), bashed Paul for his views on the Civil War (taking the nationalist viewpoint), and screamed the loudest for war.

Brian4Liberty
09-18-2012, 10:51 PM

Never.

And here's an article to back that up:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/romney-vs-santorum_621023.html

Kristol probably believes Romney is a flip-flopper and might not bomb Iran.

Yep, one of the many reasons the neo-conservatives don't like Mitt. His check-pants, country club background, and his father saying that we were "brainwashed" into the Vietnam war are two more reasons.

acptulsa
09-18-2012, 10:56 PM
Kristol's Santorum push had the purpose of eclipsing Ron Paul.

I believe that. I also believe Kristol will kill two birds with one stone every chance he gets.

RockEnds
09-18-2012, 10:57 PM
Kristol preferring Santorum wouldn't surprise me. Santorum mastered the art of pandering to the evangelicals (even though he's a Catholic), bashed Paul for his views on the Civil War (taking the nationalist viewpoint), and screamed the loudest for war.

I think Bachmann won the award for the loudest war cry, although Santorum should get credit for the longest one.

Romney is just really having a bad day. Poor little Mittens must be losing his kittens. There must be a logical explanation for this. Maybe Kristol is part of the 47% who doesn't pay income tax? /sarc

donnay
09-18-2012, 11:22 PM
William Kristol is a putz.

cindy25
09-19-2012, 12:45 AM
I wonder if Kristol would say the same thing if Romney had picked Rand instead of Ryan

thoughtomator
09-19-2012, 12:54 AM
If you don't have a moral spine and can be bought by them, you might as well be a neocon for all intents and purposes.

Well, the interesting thing about Romney in that department is that it's hard to buy one of the richest people in the country, so maybe that makes him less reliable to Kristol type subversives.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
09-19-2012, 01:03 AM

Meme this!

Duh? Duh!

That probably works for any pair of them, really.

Philhelm
09-19-2012, 07:42 AM

Meme this!

Welcome to *****match.com.

acptulsa
09-19-2012, 07:46 AM
Well, the interesting thing about Romney in that department is that it's hard to buy one of the richest people in the country, so maybe that makes him less reliable to Kristol type subversives.

No way.

He got that rich by being for sale. And like Perry said of himself in that one debate last year, once you're that rich only someone as wealthy as Kristol can afford you.

July
09-19-2012, 08:30 AM
//

Carlybee
09-19-2012, 08:34 AM
I'm sure he would rather have had Jeb..after all Jeb was a PNAC signatory

July
09-19-2012, 08:38 AM

He'll run in 2016....

Maybe Santorum again, since he just visited Iowa.

TheGrinch
09-19-2012, 08:39 AM
I can't beleive they even tried to float out that idea.

Okay, you fooled us once with Dubya, but even the American people aren't that stupid to vote for another Bush... Well, most of us anyway...

Carlybee
09-19-2012, 08:40 AM
He'll be sure to run in 2016....

And if so he will be the establishment golden boy

thoughtomator
09-19-2012, 08:47 AM
No way.

He got that rich by being for sale. And like Perry said of himself in that one debate last year, once you're that rich only someone as wealthy as Kristol can afford you.

He got that rich by a combination of starting off with a wealthy and powerful daddy, and arbitraging the system through tax and regulatory manipulations. When it comes to being paid off, he's a lot more of a buyer than a seller. Romney is a fascist by heredity; he doesn't need to be bought off to buy into that program.

Brian4Liberty
09-19-2012, 10:33 AM

Okay, you fooled us once with Dubya, but even the American people aren't that stupid to vote for another Bush... Well, most of us anyway...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Brian4Liberty
09-19-2012, 10:35 AM
He got that rich by a combination of starting off with a wealthy and powerful daddy, and arbitraging the system through tax and regulatory manipulations. When it comes to being paid off, he's a lot more of a buyer than a seller. Romney is a fascist by heredity; he doesn't need to be bought off to buy into that program.

Which makes his complaints about entitlements that much more hypocritical.

KingNothing
09-19-2012, 10:40 AM
The title of this thread implies that the comment wasn't a flippant joke. That's not entirely honest.

My guess is that Kristol is simply expressing his belief that a Ryan-Rubio ticket would be more electable. Nothing more. This isn't about one establishment shill being in the Neocon's pocket any more than other. It's an electability thing.

yoshimaroka
09-19-2012, 10:41 AM
Like always…

FOX News is runs by Democrayts

:toady:

Democrats = Republicans

KingNothing
09-19-2012, 10:44 AM

There's a saying in Tennessee. I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee. Fool me once, shame on.... you? Fool me twice... You can't get fooled again.

Carlybee
09-19-2012, 11:00 AM
Voters have short memories and some mainstreamers think Bush did a great job so it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to bank on that. Heck the Dems would run Bill Clinton if they could.

Brian4Liberty
09-19-2012, 11:02 AM
The title of this thread implies that the comment wasn't a flippant joke. That's not entirely honest.

My guess is that Kristol is simply expressing his belief that a Ryan-Rubio ticket would be more electable. Nothing more. This isn't about one establishment shill being in the Neocon's pocket any more than other. It's an electability thing.

There's not a word out of Kristol's mouth that doesn't relate in some way back to that objective.

NIU Students for Liberty
09-19-2012, 02:13 PM
Voters have short memories and some mainstreamers think Bush did a great job so it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to bank on that. Heck the Dems would run Bill Clinton if they could.

Democrats like Clinton because he took the "out of sight, out of mind" approach to foreign policy (disguising drone attacks as "humanitarian") whereas Bush launched full-scale ground wars in Afghanistan and Iraq without apology.

cajuncocoa
09-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Just wondering: has Glenn Beck weighed in on this yet? Has he called on Kristol to stop being delusional? (After all, we all know that Romney won't step down!) Is Kristol worried that he might piss off Beck's listeners with this comment? Will Billy be blamed when Obama wins the election?

acptulsa
09-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Just wondering: has Glenn Beck weighed in on this yet? Has he called on Kristol to stop being delusional? (After all, we all know that Romney won't step down!) Is Kristol worried that he might piss off Beck's listeners with this comment? Will Billy be blamed when Obama wins the election?

Excellent questions. Billy boy seems not to be a team player. Time to drum him right out of the party.

NIU Students for Liberty
09-19-2012, 02:35 PM

Glenn Beck has had it up to here with Bill Kristol.

Carlybee
09-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Democrats like Clinton because he took the "out of sight, out of mind" approach to foreign policy (disguising drone attacks as "humanitarian") whereas Bush launched full-scale ground wars in Afghanistan and Iraq without apology.

They apparently seem to have no problem now with Obama dronebombing the world and playing badass.

jmdrake
09-19-2012, 03:15 PM
I hate to say this, but Bill Kristol is right. If Romney writes off the 47% who don't pay taxes, and if all 47% don't vote for him, and he doesn't get our vote, and he won't, he's destined to lose.

truelies
09-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Rubio??????? Utterly Constitutionally unqualified to serve as VP or Prez.

cajuncocoa
09-19-2012, 03:22 PM
I hate to say this, but Bill Kristol is right. If Romney writes off the 47% who don't pay taxes, and if all 47% don't vote for him, and he doesn't get our vote, and he won't, he's destined to lose.True, but Ryan/Rubio would fare no better.

Cowlesy
09-19-2012, 03:25 PM
Rubio and Kelly Ayotte have 100% supplicated themselves, as far as I can tell, to a Kristol/Kagan/Senor foreign policy, which is absolutely neo-conservative.

acptulsa
09-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Rubio??????? Utterly Constitutionally unqualified to serve as VP or Prez.

You're right. He's not natural born.

Hey, gang. Want to embarass the hell out of Billy Kristol? This suggestion is beyond idiotic. The Romney/Ryan ticket may not be appetizing or electable, but at least it isn't unconstitutional!

Kords21
09-19-2012, 04:13 PM
The neocons love Obama, he's furthers thier agenda with left cover. I think that's why the GOP have no interest in truly wanting to win this election

Kilrain
09-19-2012, 04:32 PM

Meme this!

Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

dbill27
09-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Bill Kristol is to foreign policy what paul krugman is to economics. Everything he's ever said about foreign policy has turned out to be wrong, but it in no way deters him from telling us how good of an idea it is to invade the next country