PDA

View Full Version : Roseanne: A Candidate We Can Trust!

TheGrinch
09-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is with great heartache that in many states such as my own, write-in votes will not be counted. But alas there is still a way to have our voices heard.

No, I'm not talking about Gray Johnson, who stands on enough of our common issues to warrant consideration. No, I'm talking about the woman who had the mental strength and resolve to handle Tom Arnold. The woman who loves her country so much that she abused eardrums just to sing about how much she does. The only woman looknig out for you and me.

Listed below is the platform of the candidate who I'm happy to endorse today, Miss Roseanne Barr:

Issues

Legalization of Marijuana
The legalization of marijuana is the way to end all Drug Wars and stop the monopoly of the subsidized prison systems. Our government and corporations are getting paid every time someone goes to prison for non-violent crimes due to marijuana arrests. Drug laws need to be rewritten to make them sane and people based. We need to end the prohibition on marijuana and legalize it.

Israel & Palestine
Peace will begin in Israel and Palestine with people speaking to each other, intelligently, about solutions. Self determination and the right of return is needed for Palestinians who have had their land stolen from them. The US government must reject war support for Israel, the Wall must come down and people must begin their own discussions in order to work out their differences.

Education/Jubilee School Loans
According to The Project on Student Debt, it estimated that two-thirds of college seniors who graduated in 2010 had an average of $25,250 in loans. The current School Loan System is not a sustainable economic system, it creates debt slavery and it cannot continue. Student loans are quickly becoming like the current subprime mortgages. Forgiving all school loans is the only way to end the crushing burden of "boot to throat" debt.

The Economy
The Bankers and the Federal Reserve need to be brought down. They have stolen our money, our future and the American Dream and continue to enslave us with a broken monetary system. There is no scarcity; there is manipulation of the resources. We need to end the wars, bring our troops home and our jobs back, create new Green jobs and put people back to work. We need a resource based economy.

Election Laws
There should be Ballot Access in all 50 states. The Electoral College was foisted on the American people without their consent. A candidate needs one million dollars to LOSE an election in this country! Americans have voted for the lesser of two evils in the past elections it has not gotten gotten us anywhere.

Equal Rights for All
America runs best on diversity, freedom of thought and many ideas interjected from many kinds of people--collective intelligence. We need our differences! Current laws should not restrict people on whom they can love or where they can live and work. Racial or any other kind of profiling is not American and makes innocent citizens into criminals. We need to revamp our laws. Equality is what was truly intended by our nation's founders.

National Security / War / Peace
Wars make the stock market go up and are fueled by profits. Where one puts their money is where one puts their energy. The Military Industrial Complex is our shadow government. If we are going to bring on America the same things that we have done in other countries then we need to get up off our knees and fight against those who would take away our freedoms. War is already over. Let's work together to make war obsolete.

Food & Water Safety
Clean water and preservation of natural water sources is paramount to our survival. Those that lead us have allowed the corporations to cross over the web of life and they have destroyed the genetic code. In the process, they have befouled our food and water supply. We need real discussions and rapid action about future water sources, greening our neighborhoods and growing natural, organic food.

http://assets.inhabitat.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2012/02/Roseanne.jpg

dbill27
09-18-2012, 09:09 PM
roseanne is a comunist. No thanks.

cajuncocoa
09-18-2012, 09:11 PM
ugh

TheGrinch
09-18-2012, 09:13 PM
So that's two people with zero sense of humor here. I was still rather surprised with her stances though.

dbill27
09-18-2012, 09:14 PM
So that's two people with zero sense of humor here. I was still rather surprised with her stances though.

She wants a resource based economy that creates green jobs. Trust me, I'm laughing.

AME3
09-18-2012, 09:26 PM
make that three....gag

TheGrinch
09-18-2012, 09:27 PM
She wants a resource based economy that creates green jobs. Trust me, I'm laughing.
Again, obviously a joke, but it does reveal a very strange aversion of some to even be taken seriously on issues that matter to them.

Both she and Gary Johnson's stances are against the Fed, wars, drug wars, for civil rights and ballot access for third parties, and people want to nitpick about the few things they don't agree with, when all a vote for either one amounts ot is a protest vote. It's not liek you're expecting either one to be the next POTUS to worry about policy implementation. Hell, I don't even remember who I voted for in 2004 before I found Dr. Paul, but it was a protest vote.

The sooner people learn that we need to stand up for our principles, and not just completely pure candidates (unless one is on the ballot or can be wrote in) to get them into the public discourse, the better chance we have.

(And again, I am not actually canvassing for either candidate, but for a protest vote for anyone but establishment)

TheGrinch
09-18-2012, 10:03 PM
BTW, I'm going to have to change this Roseanne avatar soon, because I'm starting to read all my posts with her voice :(