PDA

View Full Version : Dont Vote

seapilot
11-19-2007, 11:21 AM
I was handing out RP literature and helping gather signatures with fellow RP supporters and the comment that a lot of people told me is "sorry I dont vote" or Im not registered to vote.
There you have it people, those that support Ron Paul need to vote, and that in the end will be more important than the masses that obviously dont vote, hench all the losers we have had for presidents in the past 2 decades.

Another guy that was gathering signatures for $ to stop a gold mine construction, told me he was going to vote for Obama. When asked if he liked him on the issues he said "no just think its time we had a black man as president" So if OJ was running this guy would vote for him based on that fact, not integrity, principal or ideas. Have a feeling this guy will be a "no show" come election day.

Hope
11-19-2007, 11:27 AM
This is why we need to be compiling master lists of RP supporters in our local areas. We need to make sure they're registered, email them 72 hours in advance of the primary, ask them if they need an absentee ballot or a ride to the polls...and mark off their names as they come into the voting centers so that calls can be made throughout the day to the people who aren't showing up.

This is my biggest fear. There are a lot of people who say they like Ron Paul, but they "keep forgetting" to register or they doubt RP can be elected so in their mind voting in the primary isn't a priority. We need to be proactive about taking names and kicking ass. Elections aren't won through landline polls (at which we fail) or online polls (at which we succeed). Candidates because of well organized grassroots that knows how to get people to show up the day of.

Edward
11-19-2007, 11:28 AM
A low turnout favors Ron Paul while his name recognition is down.