PDA

View Full Version : Only $40 left for placemat ad to run

JerzieJennie
11-19-2007, 11:03 AM
Hello everyone,

The short story is : We have only $40 left to complete the fundraising for the NJ Diner placemat ad. If anyone can contribute we would really appreciate it!

The downpayment was already sent. This is just to put us up to the total.

This placemat ad replaces a Rudy Guiliani ad that was in the Broad Street Diner in Trenton, NJ - and is exclusive - only one politician per placemat. This also pays for an ad in the Princetonian diner near Princeton Unversity. There will be a total of 225K placemats that will be printed, and will last through the primary election date in NJ.

Thanks again to all that helped!

This is what the ad looks like:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15184313@N02/2008453056/

Thanks again!

Remember - only US citizens should be donating to the chip in.
DUH - Forgot the chipin link:
http://ronpaulplacemat.chipin.com/ron-paul-mercer-county-placemats

Jennie

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-19-2007, 11:28 AM
Nice ad!

Better then the USA Today, New Hampshire this and that.

This is what needs to be put out there, big easy to read, simple, pint right across.
And best of all it doesnt say anything about "Republican" the huge turnoff word.

BOOOOOM

this needs to be in the USA today, not that massive mess that no one will read.

foofighter20x
11-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Glad to see this is going well! :D

Cyclone
11-19-2007, 11:44 AM
Did you really just put down that USA today article that the guy is doing out of his own pocket? No, you didn't. Have you seen in full size?

Wow. That takes nerve. What articles have you purchased and put in major papers?

JerzieJennie
11-19-2007, 11:50 AM
All different kinds of ads reach all different types of people :) The quick easy ads may not turn on some people - but the lengthy ads may be attractive to those people who are sitting down to read a newspaper - that want to read lengthy articles :)

I think all types of different ads are a great idea, as we will touch the most people :)

I think everyone's doing a great job! :)

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-19-2007, 11:51 AM
Did you really just put down that USA today article that the guy is doing out of his own pocket? No, you didn't. Have you seen in full size?

Wow. That takes nerve. What articles have you purchased and put in major papers?

oh I'm sorry I didn't know I needed to have a ton of money to have an opinion.
You sound like FOX and our current system. lol

I saw the ad, it is a large jumble of words and warnings and old dead white men aka forefathers on a tombstone.

the facts about Ron Paul are small in a box in the bottom corner.
it's not thought out like an ad, it's thought out like a documentary on our country.

anyways, this has been spoken about over and over.

I really like this simple ad that was made with advertising in mind.

awesome!

I wish we could get something like this in a big circulation.

American
11-19-2007, 12:01 PM
I like both the ads but for different reasons. The USA today ad was awesome, it was full page and very eye catching, certainly peek some interest.

This ad is also eye catching but in a different way, I think they both will do really well.

I dont see either one being better then the other. They both will be effective.

literatim
11-19-2007, 12:05 PM
And best of all it doesnt say anything about "Republican" the huge turnoff word.

Um, if people don't know he is a Republican, you do realize they can't vote for him?

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Um, if people don't know he is a Republican, you do realize they can't vote for him?

well for one, not in all states.

for two, I teach people about him and THEN spring the Republican on them.
by then they are already hooked and give a small fight about the Republican and go with it.

If they are already hooked in on his message they will forget.
but if you start off with Republican they tune out his message and listen with skepticism.

anyways, I like htis ad, I really hope the other one does good.
I just think for such a large scale advertisement it should have been thought out like an advertisement and not a book or short story.

now lets get Ron paul in Playboy magazine!

Ridiculous
11-19-2007, 12:14 PM
NJ is a closed primary state so they actually do need to know that he is a republican...

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-19-2007, 12:25 PM
so if they saw the ad and are truely interested they will go to his site and figure it out.

I know if I saw all that info I would go look at his website.
Seems to good to be true. LoL

Jaykzo
11-19-2007, 01:02 PM
RonPaulStreetTeam...

Don't you think this is unneccesary?

If you have a negative opinion on something, is it that hard to keep it to yourself? You know that nothing good will ever come from stirring up crap on these boards, it will never benefit the Paul campaign in the least, and the only thing it does is distract us from productive efforts.

richk
11-19-2007, 10:04 PM
oh I'm sorry I didn't know I needed to have a ton of money to have an opinion.
You sound like FOX and our current system. lol

I saw the ad, it is a large jumble of words and warnings and old dead white men aka forefathers on a tombstone.

the facts about Ron Paul are small in a box in the bottom corner.
it's not thought out like an ad, it's thought out like a documentary on our country.

anyways, this has been spoken about over and over.

I really like this simple ad that was made with advertising in mind.

awesome!

I wish we could get something like this in a big circulation.

Anybody still wondering why we as Ron Paul supporters are being called jerks, etc. etc.??

Jeez, here's one of our own (supposedly) putting down an individual's 100K donation to the campaign.

Hey here's some news for you. Get a 100k of your own, make up an ad, and we will criticize you ad infinitum. Grow up.

JerzieJennie
11-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Lets not forget (in regards to the USA Today ad) that this man wanted to show points about Ron Paul's campaign that he thought were most important. He is paying for it, so he gets to do so - and he stays on point with the messages :)

And also, lets not forget that there were weeks of fine tuning and chances for people to put in opinions and suggest changes, so it really was a group effort in the end. :) His ad will reach a lot of new eyeballs, and thats the most important part.

Now don't go and buy all of 'em so that newbies have a chance to discover the amazing man that is Dr. Paul :)

And I've said before - please feel free to copy our ad if anyone wanted to do something similar in their area on a slightly smaller scale :)

Jagwarr
11-19-2007, 11:00 PM
This is a great idea and I certainly would say that if anything we need to continue to encourage each other. Thank you for your hard work JerzieJennie. Chip-in completed.

JerzieJennie
11-20-2007, 09:05 AM
Thank you so much! THIS HAS BEEN A HUGE SUCCESS!

Chipin is completed!

I am SOOOOOOO happy!

Really, guys, thanks to everyone that chipped in :) You guys are warriors ! :)

BrianH
11-20-2007, 09:25 AM
How big is the ad? It looks like it is sideways and takes up the whole placemat. But that can't be right is it? What is the actual size?