PDA

View Full Version : More Leaked Romney Snippets: Bain buying a Chinese Sweatshop

Tyler_Durden
09-18-2012, 09:19 AM
Mr. Outsource discussing the sweatshop and slave labor type conditions of a factory in China that he bought when he was with Bain........

I have a hard time believing the guard towers and barbed wire was meant to keep out desperate wanna-be employees.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2hXCjAMGdk&sns=em

Spikender
09-18-2012, 09:28 AM
It's not really funny, but I can't help but laugh at the whole "keeping people out" thing.

Reminds me of way back when I was in middle school. We had this barbed wire fence around the school and the barbed wire was pointing inwards. Yeah, it was clear what it's purpose was.

KingNothing
09-18-2012, 09:35 AM
It's not really funny, but I can't help but laugh at the whole "keeping people out" thing.

Reminds me of way back when I was in middle school. We had this barbed wire fence around the school and the barbed wire was pointing inwards. Yeah, it was clear what it's purpose was.

Jesus. This school.... was it in East Berlin?

Spikender
09-18-2012, 09:37 AM

Naw, I live in Richmond Virginia and the schools around here aren't exactly what you would call high quality or kid friendly. They seem to design schools to look more like prison complexes sometimes to be completely honest, especially the inner city ones.

KingNothing
09-18-2012, 09:39 AM
They seem to design schools to look more like prison complexes

Well, that is the current model.

Tyler_Durden
09-18-2012, 09:59 AM

I came up in Southeast "get that white boy!" Dallas, which had the highest murder rate in Dallas at the time. We were going thru metal detectors in 7th grade. We even had a drive by involving a shots being fired at the vice principal.

No barbed wire though.....

angelatc
09-18-2012, 10:02 AM
Chinese sweatshop? Liberal alert!

thoughtomator
09-18-2012, 10:09 AM
I remember when the fences went up around my high school, over 2 decades ago. They definitely weren't there to keep anybody out - their explicit purpose was so that kids couldn't leave the school during lunchtime.

Brian4Liberty
09-18-2012, 10:12 AM
The OP story is old news. We have a thread about it somewhere.

oyarde
09-18-2012, 11:21 AM
I plan to pick up a sweat shop myself ....

Spikender
09-18-2012, 11:40 AM
I came up in Southeast "get that white boy!" Dallas, which had the highest murder rate in Dallas at the time. We were going thru metal detectors in 7th grade. We even had a drive by involving a shots being fired at the vice principal.

No barbed wire though.....

Well, we didn't have metal detectors, save for at football games. Looking back, the fact that there was barbed wire fence around the school is a bit unnerving, especially since my high school didn't have any, except for around the extra football practice field.