PDA

View Full Version : Muslims Discover Ron Paul!

ButchHowdy
11-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Muslims Discover Ron Paul
By Maria Hussain
11-18-7

After the Republican debate on Tuesday evening in Dearborn, Mich., a reporter from the Arab-American News asked Ron Paul what he thought of the term "Islamic fascism."

"It's a false term to make people think we're fighting Hitler," Paul responded. "It's war propaganda designed to generate fear so that the war has to be spread."

The call has gone out to all the Muslim Americans to hurry up and register to vote Republican so that they can vote in the Republican Primary to support Ron Paul, the anti-interventionist, non-isolationist candidate for President of the United States. Muslims are opening their wallets and joining teaparty07.com as well.

Continued:

http://www.rense.com/general79/musron.htm

Hope
11-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Woot!

Adamsa
11-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Can't really see another candidate that muslims in the USA would like more than Ron really.

stefans
11-19-2007, 11:10 AM
debate? this tuesday?

missed that one. youtube?

DjLoTi
11-19-2007, 11:15 AM
That debate was awhile ago, it was the WSJ debate

pcosmar
11-19-2007, 11:17 AM
debate? this tuesday?

missed that one. youtube?

Past tense.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XGKpYaIl0M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgEkZoe025Y

RoyalShock
11-19-2007, 11:22 AM
I hate to be the one to point this out, but the media and Paul opponents will use this to smear him. People will put Paul in their "not a chance" category when they hear this.

Not saying it's right (it's not), but it will happen.

I disagree that "Islamo-fascism" is a non-term, because it absolutely exists in the middle-east (Saudi-Arabia, anyone?). But it doesn't have to be here in the US.

MedicSean37
11-19-2007, 11:22 AM
Per this (http://www.islamicpopulation.com/america_islam.html) website, there are over 6 million muslims in the US. I think we should really reach out to them.

hasan
11-19-2007, 11:34 AM
I hate to be the one to point this out, but the media and Paul opponents will use this to smear him. People will put Paul in their "not a chance" category when they hear this.

Not saying it's right (it's not), but it will happen.

I disagree that "Islamo-fascism" is a non-term, because it absolutely exists in the middle-east (Saudi-Arabia, anyone?). But it doesn't have to be here in the US.

there is no such thing as islamofascism. ron paul is right when he says its a coined term used to server war propaganda. i lived in saudi arabia 17 years of my life and believe me they are not nazis, they don't want world supremacy, there is no concept of race discrimination like we had to horrible degrees upto the 60's. the term islamofascism is just total BS. there is no link between the islamic ideology and fascism take it from me and if not me take it from ron paul

yongrel
11-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Okay, spiffy.

So... how many people are actually gonna see this? Does it have a significant readership, especially among Muslims?

RoyalShock
11-19-2007, 11:55 AM
there is no such thing as islamofascism. ron paul is right when he says its a coined term used to server war propaganda. i lived in saudi arabia 17 years of my life and believe me they are not nazis, they don't want world supremacy, there is no concept of race discrimination like we had to horrible degrees upto the 60's. the term islamofascism is just total BS. there is no link between the islamic ideology and fascism take it from me and if not me take it from ron paul

While it may not be outright fascism using the dictionary definition, it appears that their legal system effectively enforces fascist ideals. Instead of race, they use gender and religion.

I still say that the MSM and his opponents will bring out the "do you want to vote for a president that the Muslims want in power?" They will feed off of the fear. If this "endorsement" gets much national pub, you can mark it down.

hasan
11-19-2007, 11:57 AM
There are other mediums through which muslims are being informed. I know Hamadeh printed ron paul ads on some arab newspaper in his area. we should really try and reach the US muslims. they are a wealthy demographic and could help the campaign

ButchHowdy
11-19-2007, 12:00 PM
" . . .

Yes, we have Christo-fascism here (Lynchburg, VA anyone?!?)

hasan
11-19-2007, 12:01 PM
we shouldn't have to conform to the MSM. we should reach any demographic that wants the constitution upheld regardless of religion gender or otherwise. it wouldn't be a good move to publicly vouch for muslims specifically and im sure ron paul wouldn't do that. but im sure he doesn't mind gaining supporters from the muslim community that support the constitution

aroberso
11-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Michigan has the largest middle eastern population per capita in the United States.

Michigan is also in a legal battle to even participate in the Republican nomination process, and has had their number of delegates reduced by the GOP.

Unfortunate coincidence?

I have worked with many people of Middle Eastern descent and/or Muslim faith, and I am proud to count many of them as friends.

TooConservative
11-19-2007, 12:20 PM
Can't really see another candidate that muslims in the USA would like more than Ron really.

The appeal was to Arab-Americans, not Muslims.

Over 2/3 of Arabs in America are Christian, many of them refugees.

Up to a third of the Muslims in America are blacks who converted to Islam. Many others come from non-Arab countries. So maybe half the Muslims in America are of Arab descent, maybe not even that many. Exact numbers are hard to come by.

Everyone thinks Arab means Muslim and Muslim means Arab. In this country, it doesn't.

Naturally all peace-loving people of any religion or ethnicity are welcome to support Ron Paul.

TooConservative
11-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Per this (http://www.islamicpopulation.com/america_islam.html) website, there are over 6 million muslims in the US. I think we should really reach out to them.

That number is regularly disputed and is almost certainly exaggerated.

jaybone
11-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Ron Paul finds demographic classifications repugnant, and so should we.
Americans discover Ron Paul.

Hurricane Bruiser
11-19-2007, 12:33 PM
Well I can understand the appeal to Muslims that Ron Paul has. Hopefully they will actually get involved in the process. I personally can't stand Middle East politics and laws but constantly meddling in their affairs is one of the main reasons we are in the position that we are.

hillertexas
11-19-2007, 12:34 PM

ABSOLUTELY!

The "powers that be" forget that when they use the term "islamic facism", they are directly insulting 6 million people.

Spread this article

nathanmn
11-19-2007, 01:23 PM
We should try to reach everyone with the message of peace and liberty. We have to realize the media and the establishment are going to attack Ron Paul and his supporters no matter what. We can't be worried about being attacked for trying to reach more groups, because without reaching those groups we won't have the support to win.

wgadget
11-19-2007, 01:27 PM
When I'm out working the streets with slimjims, it's the Muslims who seem most enthusiastic about getting the information about Ron Paul. It's very interesting. I'm thinking we need to hit the local mosques with Ron Paul literature and seal their vote.

They ask for bumper stickers, too.

amonasro
11-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Ron Paul finds demographic classifications repugnant, and so should we.
Americans discover Ron Paul.

Exactly. Read about Ron Paul's views on racism--dividing people into classes is inherently racist.

hasan
11-19-2007, 01:57 PM
When I'm out working the streets with slimjims, it's the Muslims who seem most enthusiastic about getting the information about Ron Paul. It's very interesting. I'm thinking we need to hit the local mosques with Ron Paul literature and seal their vote.

They ask for bumper stickers, too.

thats a great idea wgadget. i can vouch for muslims being receptive to ron paul. but let us not give the MSM any fodder which they might use against us so i suggest we keep a low profile while giving out info

BuddyRey
11-19-2007, 02:26 PM
My take: Sure, there is such a thing as "Islamo-Fascism." But the term doesn't carry much weight when the majority of people using it are Christo-Fascists or Judeo-Fascists themselves.

tnvoter
11-19-2007, 11:09 PM

Ron Paul is the only non-interventionist running, our trade with the middle east would probably be OUTSTANDING if he were president, not only would our dollar go up in worth- we'd all have more of them in pocket. (or bank, :) )

Corydoras
11-20-2007, 12:09 AM
Let's not forget another reason for them to vote for a Republican who is not otherwise against them: Arab Americans and Muslim Americans are very, very family oriented and respond well to Republican respect for the family as a profoundly important institution. Pro-family, pro-civil liberties, and pro-peace in the Middle East-- bingo!