PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck has "had it up to here" with us (Ron Paul Supporters)

Pages : [1] 2

No1butPaul
09-17-2012, 07:31 PM
He was part of the black-out and trash Ron Paul bandwagon with his piece of trash The Blaze and now he wants us on board? I say, screw him.

http://www.examiner.com/article/glenn-beck-ron-paul-people-i-have-had-it-up-to-here

Like that's really helping his cause.

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-17-2012, 07:33 PM
Lol beck. Foam some more, it strengthens me. Those people with principles just rile you all up, you piece of shit. :p

Smart3
09-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Natural Selection has been rather slow in off'ing this one.

Brian Coulter
09-17-2012, 07:39 PM
Natural Selection has been rather slow in off'ing this one.

That's because natural selection favors sociopaths. A sad fact of life.

COpatriot
09-17-2012, 07:42 PM
This piece of shit is exhibit A for what drug and alcohol abuse does to people. It turns you into a lying asshole.

sparebulb
09-17-2012, 07:55 PM
This piece of shit is exhibit A for what drug and alcohol abuse does to people. It turns you into a lying asshole.

I've known alkys, stoners, and crackheads with way more truth and honesty than Beck.

torchbearer
09-17-2012, 07:55 PM
suck it, beck. suck it long and hard.

brandon
09-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Who? Is that the guy that used to have a tv show on fox news?

KMX
09-17-2012, 08:05 PM
Glenn Beck is a part of the problem. Screw him

torchbearer
09-17-2012, 08:06 PM
Beck is a schizo.

specsaregood
09-17-2012, 08:09 PM
Beck is a schizo.

I don't think that's fair.

cajuncocoa
09-17-2012, 08:09 PM
In before someone posts that we should tone it down because we're making ourselves look bad to the GOP.

ETA: dammit, almost made it!

Bruno
09-17-2012, 08:11 PM
Fuck Beck

Bruno
09-17-2012, 08:11 PM
I don't think that's fair.

True. Unfair to schizos.

Chester Copperpot
09-17-2012, 08:13 PM
as soon as romney signs an affidavit stating he will instruct the treasury to issue silver backed money.. then im sure we'd all be happy to vote for him..

of course if he fails to do as promised he must step down immediately

Sola_Fide
09-17-2012, 08:13 PM
Sleep in the bed you made Glenn. You wanted to nominate Obama-lite, so you have to live with his crashing and burning disaster of a campaign...

NIU Students for Liberty
09-17-2012, 08:14 PM
Someone better get him his Mountain dew and Cheetos before he throws another hissy fit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFAm4N50Ufg

IDefendThePlatform
09-17-2012, 08:15 PM
But freedomworks just sent me a letter saying beck is a leading freedom fighter! I'm so confused!

/sarcasm

specsaregood
09-17-2012, 08:16 PM
True. Unfair to schizos.

Exactly. :)

acptulsa
09-17-2012, 08:17 PM
Guess what, Beck. We had it up to here with you a few years ago.

I've known alkys, stoners, and crackheads with way more truth and honesty than Beck.

I think we all have.

suck it, beck. suck it long and hard.

Beck makes you hard? Really?

Yuk.

Chester Copperpot
09-17-2012, 08:33 PM
after watching that video, I must concur.... beck can suck my dick

Bruno
09-17-2012, 08:36 PM
after watching that video, I must concur.... beck can suck my dick

I feel sorry for you that you had to watch the video to come to that conclusion.

bunklocoempire
09-17-2012, 08:43 PM
Glenn went on to say, “You guys are so delusional you’re going to lead to the Arab Spring. What is wrong with you people? Ron Paul is not running. He’s not running.”

9/12 woo hoo!

Principles are based on truths first, so why would 'Mr. 9 Principles/12 values' badger people into supporting untruths and ignoring values?

Principles #5, 7, and 9:

http://www.thepreparednesspodcast.com/principles-and-values-the-912-project/
5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it. (but not Romney-grade him on a curve by holding him up to a man rather than 'principles')

7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable. (but Beck will encourage others to reward bad behavior -be charitable to Romney)

9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me. (but not this time, beg men for your rights, take what you can get -it's gonna be the Arab Spring man:eek:)

Which also screws with the 'values' of courage, personal responsibility, hard work, hope, & honesty.

Romney has just as much disregard for the constitution as Obama, but Beck is once again preaching cowardice and badgering people to be charitable by giving Romney a pass and letting government continue to call the shots.

Yeah, I just looked up 'the 9-12 Project' -somebody slap me. lol.

Hey Beck, you're still an Ameri-cant. No fear allowed. Take a hike.

EDIT: Maybe he'll change his tune on the twelfth anniversary...

torchbearer
09-17-2012, 08:44 PM
Beck makes you hard? Really?

the 'it' in my previous statement was generalized. you filled in the blank, and i see where you mind was looking.

acptulsa
09-17-2012, 08:46 PM
the 'it' in my previous statement was generalized. you filled in the blank, and i se where you mind was looking.

Is that a lollypop in your pocket or are you just happy Beck's on the tube? :D

thoughtomator
09-17-2012, 08:54 PM
Never forget Glenn Beck was the key figure who betrayed the Tea Party to the neocons.

TheTexan
09-17-2012, 08:55 PM
Romney will really be that much better than Obama? Kinda like Bush was so much better? Fool me once... shame on you, fool me.. you can't get fooled again!

sparebulb
09-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Glenn Beck has "had it up to here"

http://aznbadger.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/ist2_4159483-woman-holding-a-dildo.jpg?w=406

Carehn
09-17-2012, 09:09 PM
I lost my cool with beck years ago when he started calling himself a Libertarian. And I was like... 'WTF, All this time I could have swore you where a social conservative.'

Not the same thing Beck.

If he wants he can vote for Mittens. I will vote for GJ or maybe Ron Paul if GJ has any more bad statements.

cajuncocoa
09-17-2012, 09:17 PM
I lost my cool with beck years ago when he started calling himself a Libertarian. We libertarians should sue him for defamation.

No1butPaul
09-17-2012, 09:31 PM
But freedomworks just sent me a letter saying beck is a leading freedom fighter! I'm so confused!

/sarcasm

Rush Limbaugh too!

Anti Federalist
09-17-2012, 09:34 PM
You had your chance.

You were fairly warned.

You could have joined with us, and supported a man of true principles, courage and integrity.

You could have been part of history and given the American people, for the first time in decades, a true "choice" between freedom and bondage.

But, you didn't.

You, and many that "follow" you, instead mocked us, cursed us, laughed at us, beat us up, broke our bones and had us arrested.

Fuck you, now.

Glenn went on to say, “You guys are so delusional you’re going to lead to the Arab Spring. What is wrong with you people? Ron Paul is not running. He’s not running.”

“Please by all that is holy, don’t split that vote,” Pat said in reference to libertarians who want to vote for Gary Johnson.

“If you think he can win God bless you then vote for him. If you’re trying to make some point you’re out of your mind,” Glenn added.

If, assuming you're not just part of the government propaganda system, you really care about what happens in November, if it really matters to you that much, then I have only one thing to say to you:

NO ONE BUT PAUL

Some men you can't reason with and nothing you say will change their mind...

jkr
09-17-2012, 09:36 PM
false prophet

cajuncocoa
09-17-2012, 09:37 PM
“If you think he can win God bless you then vote for him. If you’re trying to make some point you’re out of your mind,” Glenn added.

I am no longer voting for someone just because they can win.

I am voting my conscience.

Anyone who doesn't is not only out of their mind, but responsible for the continuing damage they inflict on our country.

acptulsa
09-17-2012, 09:39 PM
I am no longer voting for someone just because they can win.

I am voting my conscience.

Anyone who doesn't is not only out of their mind, but responsible for the continuing damage they inflict on our country.

And we're not going to allow Glennedict Arnold to talk us out of it.

specsaregood
09-17-2012, 09:48 PM
NO ONE BUT PAUL

Its good to know that with all the fighting and disagreements around these parts of late; that we can all come together and agree that: fuck glenn beck.

DGambler
09-17-2012, 10:01 PM
It's only going to get worse, they're going to throw everything they can think of at us, which will only strengthen my resolve.

Beck, Hannity and Rush all got on my shit list within 3 months of each other. If I remember correctly it started in early 2008.

muzzled dogg
09-17-2012, 10:01 PM
when does his agenda 21 book come out?

donnay
09-17-2012, 10:15 PM
Just in case you guys forgot...remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rc4OJWH1nE

Hey Feck--Buck you!

puppetmaster
09-17-2012, 10:30 PM
Be k has and will ALWAYS turn on us as we make progress to save this country. These are several beck enthusiasts on this board who seem to this he opens eyes but he is better at closing eyes and placing blame.

jkob
09-17-2012, 10:34 PM
Somebody should tell Beck that Romney and Obama are exactly the same

donnay
09-17-2012, 10:38 PM
Somebody should tell Beck that Romney and Obama are exactly the same

Do you really think he doesn't know? He is a whore for both parties.

NorfolkPCSolutions
09-17-2012, 10:51 PM
http://www.peoplequiz.com/images/quizzes/archie-bunker.jpg-5080.jpg

FrankRep
09-17-2012, 10:56 PM
Glenn Beck doesn't want the vote split between Gary Johnson and Mitt Johnson.

**Makes sense**, but the GOP should have thought about that in the beginning.

cajuncocoa
09-17-2012, 10:58 PM
Somebody should tell Beck that Romney and Obama are exactly the sameHe knows. I was listening to his radio show in the weeks leading up to the IA caucus...he was supporting Michele Bachmann, and was begging his listeners not to go for Romney because "there is no difference between Mitt and Obama."

DGambler
09-17-2012, 11:00 PM
Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5ltVHTpT4M

acptulsa
09-17-2012, 11:15 PM
He knows. I was listening to his radio show in the weeks leading up to the IA caucus...he was supporting Michele Bachmann, and was begging his listeners not to go for Romney because "there is no difference between Mitt and Obama."

That would be a useful clip. Remember anything else about it that would help us search it up?

NorfolkPCSolutions
09-17-2012, 11:18 PM
Nah, we're from the intarwebz - we see all that transpires upon our domain. And one day, liberty-minded folks like us will be running things, not neconservative trash with an Israel fetish. Expect us.

http://mediacdn.disqus.com/uploads/users/1602/1556/avatar92.jpg?1347934776 (http://www.glennbeck.com/2012/09/17/glenn-to-ron-paul-supporters-ron-paul-is-not-running/#)
PepperdotNet (http://www.glennbeck.com/2012/09/17/glenn-to-ron-paul-supporters-ron-paul-is-not-running/#) • 7 hours ago (http://www.glennbeck.com/2012/09/17/glenn-to-ron-paul-supporters-ron-paul-is-not-running/#comment-653639640)

− (http://www.glennbeck.com/2012/09/17/glenn-to-ron-paul-supporters-ron-paul-is-not-running/#)

Too bad Glenn threw RP supporters to the wolves months ago, I doubt most of them will ever see this article or listen to anything he has to say again.

Badger Paul
09-17-2012, 11:28 PM
More make-up for the rodeo clown if you please.

acptulsa
09-17-2012, 11:36 PM
More make-up for the rodeo clown if you please.

Rodeo clown? Regular clown, you mean.

Rodeo clowns distract the bull. Beck slings it.

Cleaner44
09-17-2012, 11:43 PM
"I warned you, I prepared you, I instructed you, I told you what to expect"
White, Discussion by Live

Beck and the GOP can suck it!

Anti Federalist
09-17-2012, 11:48 PM
http://diaryofahollywoodstreetking.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/glenn-beck-clown.jpg

NorfolkPCSolutions
09-17-2012, 11:49 PM
^^^AUTHOR OF MISINFORMATION^^^

(...and I don't mean you, AntiFed. You're the poop.)

Origanalist
09-17-2012, 11:49 PM
Its good to know that with all the fighting and disagreements around these parts of late; that we can all come together and agree that: fuck glenn beck.

Yes, yes it is. I feel all warm and fuzzy.

Piss off Beckeroo, and anybody else who wants me to vote for Romney.

NorfolkPCSolutions
09-18-2012, 12:00 AM
Seriously, people. If you haven't subjected your poor defenseless brain to the video referenced in the OP, do so. Unless some other task appeals more greatly, such as clearing your cat's litterbox, do it with the foreknowlege that it's going to make you a little sick. Do not consume food four hours before viewing this video.

The level of stupid is off the charts. The man simply has no grasp whatever upon reality, at all. It's almost as though the man is on some other plane of reality where reason and logic do not exist.

But hey, in his defense, my wife says I talk in my sleep, too. And it's generally some pretty silly shit, too. :-)

NorfolkPCSolutions
09-18-2012, 12:12 AM
Ill see your

http://diaryofahollywoodstreetking.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/glenn-beck-clown.jpg

and raise you a

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l111/FSU94Alumnus/asshat.jpg.

Both equally represent my opinion of our mutual friend, Mr. Beck.

fr33
09-18-2012, 12:19 AM
Everyone should go to this link and vote up every pro-Paul comment and vote down the mittiots. hxxp://www.glennbeck.com/2012/09/17/glenn-to-ron-paul-supporters-ron-paul-is-not-running/

Pauls' Revere
09-18-2012, 12:29 AM

FU Glenn !! we are not the problem ASSHOLE !!!! WAKE THE FUCK UP !!!!

PierzStyx
09-18-2012, 02:49 AM
In before someone posts that we should tone it down because we're making ourselves look bad to the GOP.

ETA: dammit, almost made it!

No. It just makes us all look like assholes. Returning hatred for idiocy neither makes him fail or helps us succeed.

phill4paul
09-18-2012, 04:36 AM
LOL. Doesn't seem to be as many Beck fans on here now as there was in '07.

LibertyEagle
09-18-2012, 05:15 AM

Probably not. Most of them were runoff. One of them was vechorik who made over 1000 calls for Ron Paul. Before you congratulate yourself, realize that those Glenn Beck listeners are low-hanging fruit for much of the liberty message. They already agree with us on a great deal.

There are not enough of us. I wish some of you would realize that and stop making enemies where they do not need to be made.

EDIT: This wasn't aimed specifically at you, Phill.

CaptLouAlbano
09-18-2012, 05:25 AM
Probably not. Most of them were runoff. One of them was vechorik who made over 1000 calls for Ron Paul. Before you congratulate yourself, realize that those Glenn Beck listeners are low-hanging fruit for much of the liberty message. They already agree with us on a great deal.

There are not enough of us. I wish some of you would realize that and stop making enemies where they do not need to be made.

Excellent point, and something that I think needs to be emphasized over and over. You don't grow a movement by mocking everyone who doesn't agree with you 100%, and I see so much of that on this and other sites like it. I think there are three possible reasons:

1) Those who do so are socially/politically immature and do not realize that their actions will cause people to reject them.

2) Those who do so incorrectly think that there are plenty of other people out there that can be reached and therefore we don't need to reach average GOP voters. There are not.

3) Those who do so really don't want the movement to grow because they prefer to be part of a fringe movement, therefore if the fringe movement grows it is no loner fringe and fails to meet their desire.

DavidK
09-18-2012, 05:31 AM
I'll just leave this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6bMBmrDCuc

LibertyEagle
09-18-2012, 05:35 AM
Oh great, Magic Underwear Man is back.

Who is that?

phill4paul
09-18-2012, 05:50 AM

Bullshit. ( Had to do it. :p ) The Beck followers do not "agree with us on a great deal." There is some lip service to the Founding Fathers. That's about it. Beck and his followers are Israeli firsters. WE are not and that is a very big divide.

Excellent point, and something that I think needs to be emphasized over and over. You don't grow a movement by mocking everyone who doesn't agree with you 100%, and I see so much of that on this and other sites like it. I think there are three possible reasons:

1) Those who do so are socially/politically immature and do not realize that their actions will cause people to reject them.

2) Those who do so incorrectly think that there are plenty of other people out there that can be reached and therefore we don't need to reach average GOP voters. There are not.

3) Those who do so really don't want the movement to grow because they prefer to be part of a fringe movement, therefore if the fringe movement grows it is no loner fringe and fails to meet their desire.

4) Those that understand that there is a percentage of the public that will NEVER hear our message because they have shit between their ears put there by the likes of Beck, Hannity and Rush and knowing this don't give a flip about these people.

July
09-18-2012, 06:12 AM

I agree....

I know I've fallen into this trap before, and I regret it... I almost wonder if this isn't part of the strategy of the media establishment when they go out of their way to attack or black out Ron Paul. They know it drives us crazy, and will whip us up into anger, which helps to isolate us.

I try to be more careful not to confuse Beck with his listener audience. There are a lot of listeners who might be open and sympathetic to our message, who might look forward when someone like Rand Paul is a guest on his show, etc. In the same way, I try not to confuse the establishment or party bosses, with the general voting public. How many Ron Paul supporters used to listen to popular MSM pundits before they discovered Ron and the liberty message?

DavidK
09-18-2012, 06:13 AM
Who is that?

Exactly.

Working Poor
09-18-2012, 06:20 AM
I am so glad he is fed up

thoughtomator
09-18-2012, 06:22 AM
I'll just leave this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6bMBmrDCuc

Jebus how the hell did that make it past the editors.... that's really creepy

Bruno
09-18-2012, 06:23 AM
Who is that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_underwear

CaptLouAlbano
09-18-2012, 06:24 AM
4) Those that understand that there is a percentage of the public that will NEVER hear our message because they have shit between their ears put there by the likes of Beck, Hannity and Rush and knowing this don't give a flip about these people.

Seems to me that would be the same as the second one I posted. If you don't think these people can ever be reached, then you must assume that there are a lot of other people that can be reached. I disagree. In order for candidates we support to win elected office, we need the support of not only hardcore libertarians, but the average Republican as well. That is how Rand, Massie, Amash, Cruz, and every other candidate that Paul has endorsed has won their races. Unless of course you think that of the 755,000 people that voted for Rand, not a single one of them was a listener to Glenn Beck's show.

Personally, I think the liberty message is a persuasive one when presented correctly. If we find areas of common agreement with people, we then have the opportunity to demonstrate our solutions for issues where we might have disagreement, and we can do so without mocking or insulting them.

DavidK
09-18-2012, 06:29 AM
**** admin delete pls ****

KingNothing
09-18-2012, 06:29 AM
"I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN! BUT PLEASE, VOTE FOR THE REPUBLICAN WHO REPRESENTS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF THE IDEALS YOU EMBRACE!!!!" - Glenn Beck

cajuncocoa
09-18-2012, 06:45 AM
That would be a useful clip. Remember anything else about it that would help us search it up?Here's a video of Beck calling Romney a socialist from 2010. The things he's saying in this video are similar to the comments he was making last winter.

http://www.dailykos.com/tv/w/002651/

DamianTV
09-18-2012, 06:59 AM
If Beck wanted to see what kind of response we make, dont you think he'd actually look not only at these forums, but this thread? IE, its a perfect opportunity to tell him to go fuck himself.

fisharmor
09-18-2012, 07:05 AM

Excellent point, and something that I think needs to be emphasized over and over. You don't grow a movement by mocking everyone who doesn't agree with you 100%, and I see so much of that on this and other sites like it.

Ok, so how many Beck/Rush/Hannity/O'Reilly fans have you two converted with this approach?

And how many Beck/Rush/Hannity/O'Reilly fans remain Beck/Rush/Hannity/O'Reilly fans precisely because the host mocks opposing ideologies?

Give us a list of successful converts, or else the evidence is against you. Until you can show us numbers, I'm going to remain convinced that you secretly like it when we take hard stands on issues like this because it means you get to come to this site and try to shove everyone around for it.

acptulsa
09-18-2012, 07:12 AM
Note to Republican Team Players: Yeah, Romney has an 'R' next to his name. What's more, deer hunters wear camouflage.

You're either interested in winning or you're conservative. If you're conservative, electing Romney means you lose. I don't just mean you get someone indistinguishable from Obama. I mean fake conservatism won't save this nation. And if fake conservatism is in charge when it all goes to pot, then real conservatism gets the blame.

Pride goeth before a fall. You lost this thing during the primaries; we and our candidate were the only ones even trying to reach out to independents and swing voters. The only ones even trying to attract someone besides the two percent of the population who are still trying to fool themselves into believing the Dubya/Darth Cheney administration was worth a damn. If you win, we all lose.

Sorry if my straight talk pisses you off. It wouldn't if, deep down in your hearts, you didn't know I have a point here. Maybe next time you'll listen to us real conservatives instead of that Democrat owner of the New York Post, Rupert Murdoch (and his Chief Saboteur, Fox News).

Past time to figure out who is your friend and who is your enemy. We can't put this stupid, foolish thing over the top for you, anyway. We were promising you that we could deliver not only ourselves, but independents and Democrats disgusted with Obama the Fool. And we could have, if you had voted for integrity instead of for the Fox-approved idiot of the week. Because integrity impresses these people, as it impresses us, and this business-raiding brat don't have it.

You got fooled and now there's nothing we can do to save your asses. Even if we could stomach the crap you guys swallowed. Sorry.

These days there's the stand for something wing of the GOP and the fall for anything wing of the GOP. Only one knows how to impress the majority of voters in this country--the ones they call 'independents'.

Spikender
09-18-2012, 07:13 AM
Watching Glenn Beck is actually what drove me to Ron Paul in the first place.

When I found out the kind of man Glenn Beck really was, it saddened me greatly. He spouts such great lines and seems genuine, but he ended up being just like all the others. I'm glad I stopped watching and listening to this turd, a turd who knows nothing of the very principles he speaks of.

Go ahead and whine some more, Beck. I guess he just can't deal with the fact that people with actual spines and principles exist. We're making him looking bad.

cajuncocoa
09-18-2012, 07:21 AM
No. It just makes us all look like assholes. Returning hatred for idiocy neither makes him fail or helps us succeed.Can't believe it took 59 posts before someone chastised us for criticizing Beck! There's hope for this place yet.

cajuncocoa
09-18-2012, 07:26 AM
Ok, so how many Beck/Rush/Hannity/O'Reilly fans have you two converted with this approach?

And how many Beck/Rush/Hannity/O'Reilly fans remain Beck/Rush/Hannity/O'Reilly fans precisely because the host mocks opposing ideologies?

Give us a list of successful converts, or else the evidence is against you. Until you can show us numbers, I'm going to remain convinced that you secretly like it when we take hard stands on issues like this because it means you get to come to this site and try to shove everyone around for it.

+rep

CaptLouAlbano
09-18-2012, 07:27 AM

Well in my precinct we had 481 voters turnout for the primary. Paul received around 10 percent of the vote, which is lower than his statewide total by 3 points, but is m4 points greater than his percentage in my county. Paul's support in my community as a whole was dampened, I believe, by the fact that he was the only one of the presidential contenders that did not visit our community. We have a total of 13,000 residents in our gated community, and it is generally considered as a "must visit" stop for anyone running for elected office. I think if Paul actually campaigned here, he may have had better results.

But to answer your question more specifically, I personally knocked on about 250 doors with literature in hand. I was well received since I have personal contact with every one of these folks, through my other community activities. But I don't seek to "convert" people, all I do when canvassing is find out the issues that are important to them, address those issues with the solutions the candidate is providing, and ask for their support on election day.

cajuncocoa
09-18-2012, 07:27 AM

I disagree...Rush Limbaugh has made a career out of mocking those with whom he disagrees, and he has been fairly successful in growing his radio audience by doing so.

CaptLouAlbano
09-18-2012, 07:34 AM
I disagree...Rush Limbaugh has made a career out of mocking those with whom he disagrees, and he has been fairly successful in growing his radio audience by doing so.

Well then I imagine time will tell whether this movement will be able to grow from the point it is now with that tactic.

No1butPaul
09-18-2012, 07:36 AM
You know, when I think about it, it really makes may day that we are pissing him (them) off so much! The must have missed that early life lesson - actions have consequences.

jeremiahj13
09-18-2012, 07:40 AM
I had it up to here with Glen Beck.... like a boss!

phill4paul
09-18-2012, 07:56 AM
Seems to me that would be the same as the second one I posted. If you don't think these people can ever be reached, then you must assume that there are a lot of other people that can be reached. I disagree. In order for candidates we support to win elected office, we need the support of not only hardcore libertarians, but the average Republican as well. That is how Rand, Massie, Amash, Cruz, and every other candidate that Paul has endorsed has won their races. Unless of course you think that of the 755,000 people that voted for Rand, not a single one of them was a listener to Glenn Beck's show.

Personally, I think the liberty message is a persuasive one when presented correctly. If we find areas of common agreement with people, we then have the opportunity to demonstrate our solutions for issues where we might have disagreement, and we can do so without mocking or insulting them.

8.5 million listeners. Yes, there are plenty of others that can be reached. I don't pander. It's part of that integrity thing that attracts people to Ron Paul. Glen Beck is a shill and I have no problem calling him or those that follow him out on it.

Barrex
09-18-2012, 08:12 AM
Sorry guys I simply dont see it.... I simply dont see Glenns sex-appeal...I see that a lot of you want to have some sexual relationship with him but I dont...

Why did you guys skipped ignoring him and jumped to ridiculing him? :D

July
09-18-2012, 08:16 AM
Well then I imagine time will tell whether this movement will be able to grow from the point it is now with that tactic.

This kind of tactic may work fine for entertainers and media personalities--being controversial and polarizing is good for ratings...and it works in that format. It doesn't always work that well for politicians though, in my opinion. When the polarization gets so intense, people become afraid to think outside the box, and it encourages this sort of dogmatic thinking where people don't want to listen to what the opposition has to say. They just start to look at the other side as an opposing team.

I'm not saying it's bad or wrong to criticize, don't get me wrong. But it should perhaps be tempered a bit with some openness and diplomacy.

LibertyEagle
09-18-2012, 08:43 AM

You are seriously saying that to ME? GET TO COME TO THIS SITE? ROFLMAO.

fisharmor
09-18-2012, 08:50 AM
You are seriously saying that to ME? GET TO COME TO THIS SITE? ROFLMAO.

shove, shove

LibertyEagle
09-18-2012, 08:50 AM

Actually, most of the people that I introduced Ron Paul to were people in this crowd. There is no way for me to know actual numbers, because I don't sit there and browbeat people to the point of exhaustion. But, of the people I run into, yes, many of them voted for Ron Paul, if not in the first election, this latest one. Some it took awhile and for the stuff to simmer.

LibertyEagle
09-18-2012, 08:51 AM
shove, shove

I was here before you, fishy. So, you're not "getting me to come to this site".

And interestingly, it was the reputation of some rude Ron Paul supporters that had kept many of them from looking into Ron Paul much earlier. :)

There is nothing wrong with taking hard stands on things, it's good in fact, but unnecessarily bad-mouthing Beck's listeners, for example isn't taking a "hard stand" on an issue. It's just being rude and unnecessarily driving a wedge that doesn't need to be there. I have noticed the same in some of the articles from Mises, and their wedge-building between conservatives (real ones are libertarian-conservatives) and libertarians. It's short-sighted and stupid, and does nothing to further spread the message.

In case people didn't realize it, this isn't now, nor has it ever been, just a libertarian movement. It has been a movement for everyone who wanted liberty.

Okie RP fan
09-18-2012, 09:04 AM
Mhmm...
Why are there 10 pages devoted to this guy if he is a "nobody" and doesn't have an audience?

You know, myself and just a few others on here have always said that Limbaugh, Levin, Hannity, and Beck have TENS OF MILLIONS of listeners. And most of those are registered Republicans. They are very influential in what they say.
But, people mocked and said not to worry about anything. I beg to differ.

Had two, or perhaps even one of those goons endorsed Ron, we probably would have outright won one state's popular vote. Seriously. Beck's endorsement of Santorum is what kept Santorum going for a little while, in my opinion. Just sayin'...

Anyway, our people need to be calling in today and try to set the record straight. I can't because I will be in classes throughout the morning.

You know, I really respected and enjoyed Beck when he was on FNC. He was exposing a lot of the high profile banking and political influencers. I think that's what Murdoch didn't like (because many problems could be traced back to him with his connections), and fired Beck for it. I even enjoy some of Beck's books.

Since then, though, it's like he and his family were threatened and he has completely flip flopped on what he supposedly stood for. His angst for Ron Paul has been apparent since day one, and I can't understand why besides Beck's shilling for Israel (I'm assuming there has to be something else at play).

LibertyEagle
09-18-2012, 09:06 AM

Must I say the obvious? YOU are not Rush Limbaugh. :p

LibertyEagle
09-18-2012, 09:18 AM
8.5 million listeners. Yes, there are plenty of others that can be reached. I don't pander. It's part of that integrity thing that attracts people to Ron Paul. Glen Beck is a shill and I have no problem calling him or those that follow him out on it.

It's interesting, Phill. I don't think anyone is either ALL bad, or ALL good. Beck did get to a lot of people to make them understand that there is little difference between the Republicans and the Democrats. For awhile there, he was actually pretty good. He even had an hour long interview with G. Edward Griffin about the Federal Reserve bank. If you don't think that one hour opened the eyes of one hell of a lot of people, you are very wrong.

Over time, Glenn seemed to go back to the red team vs. blue team paradigm and I never really trusted him. But, that doesn't mean he cannot be useful to some degree and it certainly doesn't mean that his listeners are not low-hanging fruit for Ron's message.

You say he's a shill and you probably are right. But, most people here know that I honestly think the same thing about Alex Jones. But, to the extent that they can open the eyes of their listeners on even a few issues, it's my opinion that it is a net gain.

When all is said and done, even us here do not agree on every issue.

Liberty74
09-18-2012, 09:29 AM
Beck is a FAKE just like his Satan fascist Santorum who wants to control how you live.

Beck talks a good talk about being against the FED, promoting gold, and abolishing the IRS. But talk is talk, his support for fake conservatives and his constant, never ending hate bashing of Ron Paul and his supporters speaks volumes. Beck is a fake for sure used by the elites to herd the Republican party into the fires of hell just like Levin, Hannity, Rush do. That hell is the criminal NWO where there is no such thing as a free person. Now go into debt you slave and pay the central bankers who control everything.

cajuncocoa
09-18-2012, 09:43 AM
Must I say the obvious? YOU are not Rush Limbaugh. :pAw, that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me, LE. :D

Spikender
09-18-2012, 09:45 AM
I was here before you, fishy. So, you're not "getting me to come to this site".

And interestingly, it was the reputation of some rude Ron Paul supporters that had kept many of them from looking into Ron Paul much earlier. :)

There is nothing wrong with taking hard stands on things, it's good in fact, but unnecessarily bad-mouthing Beck's listeners, for example isn't taking a "hard stand" on an issue. It's just being rude and unnecessarily driving a wedge that doesn't need to be there. I have noticed the same in some of the articles from Mises, and their wedge-building between conservatives (real ones are libertarian-conservatives) and libertarians. It's short-sighted and stupid, and does nothing to further spread the message.

In case people didn't realize it, this isn't now, nor has it ever been, just a libertarian movement. It has been a movement for everyone who wanted liberty.

Precisely. Beck was the one who brought me to Ron Paul in the first place, and, while I'm disappointed that Beck ended up being against Paul and his supporters, I appreciate that he did in fact change the way I look at politics forever.

cajuncocoa
09-18-2012, 10:02 AM
Precisely. Beck was the one who brought me to Ron Paul in the first place, and, while I'm disappointed that Beck ended up being against Paul and his supporters, I appreciate that he did in fact change the way I look at politics forever.Beck was never FOR Paul and his supporters. He didn't just "end up" there.

LibertyEagle
09-18-2012, 10:11 AM
Beck was never FOR Paul and his supporters. He didn't just "end up" there.

Who cares? This isn't a popularity contest we are in. It is about issues and principles.

TheTexan
09-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity, etc are not conservatives. Best case scenario, they honestly believe and like to think they are conservatives. Worst case scenario they are simply straight up lying to appeal to an audience that also likes to think they are conservative.

Fiscal responsibility. Limited government. Constitution. Buzz words. Bullshit. All of it.

It's just a fucking game to these people. The hosts of these shows play this game to bring in the fame and $$$, the listeners of these shows play this game to make them feel better about their shitty existence, a social club/hobby, and gives them the illusion of control. They love that shit. The actual issues, not so much, not really a big deal.

All the talk of conservatism and bullshitting about how much they'd love a real fiscal conservative candidate "if only there was one" is all bullshit. They just like talking about these things. When it comes time to actually implement the shit that comes out of their mouth, they make a hundred reasons why they would love to but simply can't.

None of it's real folks. It's all a show. Don't get caught up in their lies. Glenn Beck is not a conservative, he was never close to endorsing Dr. Paul, he does not "get things right sometimes," he is a bought and paid for entertainer.

sailingaway
09-18-2012, 10:30 AM
Here is a report of it: Glenn Beck Attacks “Ron Paul People”

http://theswash.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/beck-main-e1302190402969-300x200.jpg

http://theswash.com/liberty/glenn-beck-attacks-ron-paul-people

sailingaway
09-18-2012, 10:32 AM
And here's another response: http://redstateeclectic.typepad.com/redstate_commentary/2012/09/third-party.html

anaconda
09-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Glenn Beck is a part of the problem. Screw him

He's part of the bought-and-paid-for-media. Why did we expect anything different?

anaconda
09-18-2012, 10:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgSPaXgAdzE

jmdrake
09-18-2012, 10:45 AM
My thoughts exactly! What's with these people? They kick us to the curb then they're mad cause we aren't going to vote for their guy? If nobody but Obama or Romney were running I still wouldn't vote for Obama or Romney. If nothing else, I just wouldn't vote. "Split the vote" my foot! That assumes that Romney had a possibility to get my vote in the first place.

You had your chance.

You were fairly warned.

You could have joined with us, and supported a man of true principles, courage and integrity.

You could have been part of history and given the American people, for the first time in decades, a true "choice" between freedom and bondage.

But, you didn't.

You, and many that "follow" you, instead mocked us, cursed us, laughed at us, beat us up, broke our bones and had us arrested.

Fuck you, now.

If, assuming you're not just part of the government propaganda system, you really care about what happens in November, if it really matters to you that much, then I have only one thing to say to you:

NO ONE BUT PAUL

jmdrake
09-18-2012, 10:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgSPaXgAdzE

thread winner

rdhall
09-18-2012, 11:07 AM
Here is an edited YouTube version of just the "Ron Paul" comments.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgf0_o6ThV0

cajuncocoa
09-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Who cares? This isn't a popularity contest we are in. It is about issues and principles.What's your point? Beck pretends to support our issues and principles, then kicks us in the teeth when it's time to vote. I should refrain from criticizing him because.............. ???

cajuncocoa
09-18-2012, 11:54 AM
Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity, etc are not conservatives. Best case scenario, they honestly believe and like to think they are conservatives. Worst case scenario they are simply straight up lying to appeal to an audience that also likes to think they are conservative.

Fiscal responsibility. Limited government. Constitution. Buzz words. Bullshit. All of it.

It's just a fucking game to these people.

I think they're in it for only one thing: Team Republican.

Enlightened people know there's no difference between the two parties, but most people do not know that.

All Hannity, Beck, Limbaugh, et al care about is getting the (m)asses who listen to them to continue to vote straight GOP (unless that GOP candidate is Ron Paul, of course).

Spikender
09-18-2012, 11:59 AM
Beck was never FOR Paul and his supporters. He didn't just "end up" there.

What I meant was that he led me to Paul, but when I found out he was against him, rabidly against him I might add, Beck lost my support.

cajuncocoa
09-18-2012, 12:03 PM
What I meant was that he led me to Paul, but when I found out he was against him, rabidly against him I might add, Beck lost my support.I used to listen to him too. At the time I was listening regularly, when he first started broadcasting in my radio market, he hadn't said much about Ron Paul... but he sounded as though he gets it about what's wrong with the country. He was even calling himself a libertarian!! I don't remember when I found out about his feelings toward Ron Paul, but he had already lost my support by the time he interviewed Debra Medina. I knew it was a mistake for her to go on his show.

LibertyEagle
09-18-2012, 12:03 PM
What's your point? Beck pretends to support our issues and principles, then kicks us in the teeth when it's time to vote. I should refrain from criticizing him because.............. ???

Nothing wrong with criticizing him when he was wrong. But, Beck does support some of the things we want, if only in rhetoric. That can be useful to convince others and then get them to study more. I don't have to agree totally with someone to leverage some of their blather. Maybe because I'm not looking for a new idol. I know what my principles are and I am not threatened by people like Beck.

cajuncocoa
09-18-2012, 12:05 PM
Nothing wrong with criticizing him when he was wrong. But, Beck does support some of the things we want, if only in rhetoric. That can be useful to convince others and then get them to study more. I don't have to agree totally with someone to leverage some of their blather. Maybe because I'm not looking for a new idol. I know what my principles are and I am not threatened by people like Beck.If that works for you, go for it. I want nothing to do with the likes of Beck, Hannity, and Limbaugh.

LibertyEagle
09-18-2012, 12:06 PM

It's just a fucking game to these people. The hosts of these shows play this game to bring in the fame and $$$, the listeners of these shows play this game to make them feel better about their shitty existence, a social club/hobby, and gives them the illusion of control. They love that shit. The actual issues, not so much, not really a big deal.

All the talk of conservatism and bullshitting about how much they'd love a real fiscal conservative candidate "if only there was one" is all bullshit. They just like talking about these things. When it comes time to actually implement the shit that comes out of their mouth, they make a hundred reasons why they would love to but simply can't.

None of it's real folks. It's all a show. Don't get caught up in their lies. Glenn Beck is not a conservative, he was never close to endorsing Dr. Paul, he does not "get things right sometimes," he is a bought and paid for entertainer.

Yeah, but you are looking past the fact that he does espouse some conservative talking points. More than most any other major media person. It's useful, because the people who listen to them are really looking for something true, like what Ron, Rand, Justin, and Thomas offer. Also don't forget that he has suggested several books to his listeners that are quite good. His listeners are low-hanging fruit. So, it doesn't make sense to me to make them out like they are our enemies.

LibertyEagle
09-18-2012, 12:08 PM
If that works for you, go for it. I want nothing to do with the likes of Beck, Hannity, and Limbaugh.

It's not about Beck, cocoa. It's about his listeners.

Note: Keep in mind that I live in Texas and I was a huge Debra Medina supporter.

CaptLouAlbano
09-18-2012, 12:08 PM
If that works for you, go for it. I want nothing to do with the likes of Beck, Hannity, and Limbaugh.

But the question is: do you want to be able to persuade the listeners of Beck, Hannity and Limbaugh to support our candidates? That, as I see it, is the bigger issue. With the exception of major elections (Senator, Governor, President) Beck and the rest do not comment on candidates typically. So for state races, House races and local races, national radio hosts will have little, if any, comment on the candidates. But we sure as heck need their listeners votes if we want our guy running for the state house to win the election.

So do you have the ability to engage someone who is a listener of Beck and the others on the issues where we agree and persuade them to look at other issues from a different perspective?

Spikender
09-18-2012, 12:13 PM
I used to listen to him too. At the time I was listening regularly, when he first started broadcasting in my radio market, he hadn't said much about Ron Paul... but he sounded as though he gets it about what's wrong with the country. He was even calling himself a libertarian!! I don't remember when I found out about his feelings toward Ron Paul, but he had already lost my support by the time he interviewed Debra Medina. I knew it was a mistake for her to go on his show.

I used to go on his website "the blaze", and I remember a combination of some of the posters there and some articles bashing Ron is what finally sent me over the edge and away from Beck. It felt like I had been betrayed, but now I'm wising up to people who talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

cajuncocoa
09-18-2012, 12:16 PM
But the question is: do you want to be able to persuade the listeners of Beck, Hannity and Limbaugh to support our candidates? That, as I see it, is the bigger issue. With the exception of major elections (Senator, Governor, President) Beck and the rest do not comment on candidates typically. So for state races, House races and local races, national radio hosts will have little, if any, comment on the candidates. But we sure as heck need their listeners votes if we want our guy running for the state house to win the election.

So do you have the ability to engage someone who is a listener of Beck and the others on the issues where we agree and persuade them to look at other issues from a different perspective?

Maybe. I can be diplomatic in a face-to-face conversation with a prospective Ron Paul supporter.

But I'm not going to worry about kissing Beck's ass on an Internet message board!! :rolleyes:

CaptLouAlbano
09-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Maybe. I can be diplomatic in a face-to-face conversation with a prospective Ron Paul supporter.

Good to hear that. Persuasion is the key to a successful activist. That and having really comfortable shoes.

TheGrinch
09-18-2012, 12:32 PM
If Beck wanted to see what kind of response we make, dont you think he'd actually look not only at these forums, but this thread? IE, its a perfect opportunity to tell him to go fuck himself.
He doesn't care what the truth is or about convincing us. They're just getting an early start on trying to blame us for Romney losing.

We combat that by talking about and showing all of the cheating to anyone who will listen, and then they'll understand why we're telling the establishment hacks to go fuck themselves.

LibertyEagle
09-18-2012, 12:39 PM
He doesn't care what the truth is or about convincing us. They're just getting an early start on trying to blame us for Romney losing.

We combat that by talking about and showing all of the cheating to anyone who will listen, and then they'll understand why we're telling the establishment hacks to go fuck themselves.

Yeah, that is exactly what I thought when I saw the article.

Spikender
09-18-2012, 12:45 PM

Well put, I think you're spot on with your assessment.

georgiaboy
09-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Comments are worth a read. Here's a popular one:

Bill Zimmerly · Top Commenter · Hillsboro, Missouri
---
Romney? You mean the guy who supported
TARP (just like Obama), the NDAA (just like Obama),
the Patriot Act (just like Obama),
the Brady bill (just like Obama),
Massachusetts gun control laws (just like Obama),
Government-Run Healthcare (just like Obama),
making war with Iran without congressional approval (just like Obama), and
abortion on demand (just like Obama)?

The truth is, there isn’t a hill of beans difference between Romney and Obama, and it disgusts me to no end to see self-proclaimed “conservatives” compromise *EVERY CONSERVATIVE PRINCIPLE THERE IS* to advance the GOP’s Obama clone over the only real Conservative in the race.

“According to a 1998 study published in the American Journal of Political Science, Paul has the most conservative voting record of any member of Congress since 1937.” –> http://www.businessinsider.com/blackboard/ron-paul#ixzz1phVlgRm0.

Hey Glen... we've had it "up to here" LONG before you.

Reply · 177 · 17 hours ago

Freedom Frank · Top Commenter
Bill you forgot one -- Romney will follow the same Keynsian economic policies (and monetary too) as Obama--you know the policies that will destroy this country faster that Obamacare.

Reply · 56 · · 17 hours ago

Mandy Graham
Oh poor glenn beck...his boxers are all in a bunch cause ron paul supporters vote on principle..sorry glenn...no to obama..no to romney...

Reply · 105 · · 17 hours ago

Kurt Fichtenberg · Top Commenter
Well said!

Reply · 15 · · 17 hours ago

Joshua Genkinger · Waco High School
Smart woman.

Reply · 15 hours ago

Jim Kaye · Top Commenter · Downers Grove South High School
Don't forget he is also supported by George Soros too!!!!

Reply · 1 · · 14 hours ago

cajuncocoa
09-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Good to hear that. Persuasion is the key to a successful activist. That and having really comfortable shoes.You know, thinking more about what you and LE are saying about persuading Beck's listeners....I think the only ones we'll be successful in persuading are the ones who are already having some doubts about what he says one day and who he supports the next (and the disconnect between the two). Those who follow him blindly, buy all of his books, attend all of his events, are probably not ready to hear what we have to say. To the ones who are ready, it won't make any difference if we insult Beck (or Limbaugh, or Hannity) because they're already starting to open their eyes anyway.

cajuncocoa
09-18-2012, 12:59 PM

We combat that by talking about and showing all of the cheating to anyone who will listen, and then they'll understand why we're telling the establishment hacks to go fuck themselves.Why do you guys care if we're seen as responsible for Romney's loss??

I will wear that as a badge of honor after the way RP delegates were treated by Romney at the RNC.

MadOdorMachine
09-18-2012, 01:05 PM
I remember listening to his show about during the primaries and him saying that he doesn't tell people who to vote for and that they should make their own decisions. What's ironic is that in 2008, he begged people on his radio show not to vote for Huckabee and to go with Romney during those primaries. Now he's doing it again. The guy is a liar and a fraud and I find it disgusting so many people believe him. Beck and Romney are both Mormons and it's quit obvious what his agenda is. May God have mercy on his soul for leading so many people astray.

phill4paul
09-18-2012, 01:07 PM

I welcome it. In fact I hope they inflate our role in it.

TheGrinch
09-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Why do you guys care if we're seen as responsible for Romney's loss??

I will wear that as a badge of honor after the way RP delegates were treated by Romney at the RNC.
I care why we're seen as responsible for Romney's loss, or rather why he's responsible for his own loss after they way they treated us.

I don't know where I implied anything different than what you're saying.

TheGrinch
09-18-2012, 01:14 PM
I agree, they wanna play the blame game, then the facts will come out who is to blame.

I was just making the point that that's what they're doing, not that it intimidates me in the slightest.

phill4paul
09-18-2012, 01:17 PM
I agree, they wanna play the blame game, then the facts will come out who is to blame.

I was just making the point that that's what they're doing, not that it intimidates me in the slightest.

Understood. ;)

coffeewithgames
09-18-2012, 01:34 PM

So, you take it the facts actually matter with the majority of people/voters? No. Not at all. 2008 and 2012 should show you that (and the majority of elections in the past).

The easiest response though, ask them why they sound like President Obama blaming somebody else for their own problems.

Anti Federalist
09-18-2012, 01:40 PM

This.

Anti Federalist
09-18-2012, 01:42 PM

And this.

Lucille
09-18-2012, 01:58 PM
How can the GOP blame us when Mandate Mitt RomneyCare loses? Aren't there only a couple dozen of us Ron Paul supporters living our moms' basements, sucking on bongs, and banging away on our keyboards with our Cheetos-stained fingers?

When Romney loses, they can blame the Welfare-Warfare-Police Statist Neo-Trots running the GOP, the country, and the world (into the ground).

Mitt Romney: In Your Heart, You Know He’s A Loser (http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2012/03/29/mitt-romney-in-your-heart-you-know-hes-a-loser/)

On the one hand, the GOP is telling us Obama is leading us down the road to "socialism," that he’s "appeasing" our enemies and stiffing our friends, and that he’s basically destroying the country. On the other hand, they haven’t put forth a candidate who has a chance in heck of beating him. The leading candidate for the party’s nomination is a caricature of everything voters are sick and tired of: he’s a phony, a spoiled rich guy, an automaton whose words and actions convey, above all, an almost comical impression of inauthenticity.
[...]
Romney isn’t so much a serious candidate for the presidency as he is a national joke: his record as a "flip-flopper," his inability to project anything remotely resembling sincerity, and his Richie Rich persona have all combined to turn him into a human piņata for both liberals and conservatives to pick apart. Which leads us back to the question I asked at the beginning: is the GOP deliberately throwing this election?

It makes sense if we take the economic critique proffered by anti-inflationists like Ron Paul and Gerald Celente seriously: would you want to be President if we’re on the brink of another Great Depression? As the American dollar is destroyed, and the buying power of the average American is about to become the equivalent of a consumer in, say, Zimbabwe, is it really in the GOP’s interest to take the White House this year?
[...]
Ron Paul isn’t the only one conjuring visions of America as Greece-times-ten, and it doesn’t take much imagination to see how the march to austerity will be met here in this country, where Americans’ sense of entitlement is almost as well-developed as their taste for vulgarity. What happens when the bread-and-circuses stop, and Americans are forced to confront the grim reality of being broke?
[...]
The strategic thinking behind this can be summed up in three words: After them – us! That was the slogan of Germany’s Communist party in the 1930s after the fateful election which brought the National Socialists to power. The Communists, having rejected an alliance with the German Social Democrats on orders from Moscow, were convinced they would be catapulted into power as a result of the backlash from Hitler’s victory at the polls – a strategic calculation that had "backfire" written all over it, as Trotsky pointed out at the time.

Before taking that historical note too far, however, I have to admit the idea of the Republican high mucka-mucks getting together and deciding it would be better for them to throw the election to Obama by putting up a loser like Romney does seem a bit far-fetched. Perhaps they’ve convinced themselves, on one level, that Romney can actually win, while – on quite another level – they don’t believe it for a minute. People usually have no trouble holding mutually exclusive beliefs in other areas, and politics is certainly no exception.

If we do cause Romney to lose, conservatives should thank us. Better a prog in a blue jersey be at the helm when the ship goes down rather than a "conservative," since Boobus will blame whichever team is in the WH. Let the progs own the fall of the American Empire. It is their baby after all (even though the progs in the red jerseys helped).

phill4paul
09-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Aren't there only a couple dozen of us Ron Paul supporters living our moms' basements, sucking on bongs, and banging away on our keyboards with our Cheetos-stained fingers?

One can only dream. Damn bills. MMMMM-mmmm Cheetos.

CaptLouAlbano
09-18-2012, 02:03 PM
You know, thinking more about what you and LE are saying about persuading Beck's listeners....I think the only ones we'll be successful in persuading are the ones who are already having some doubts about what he says one day and who he supports the next (and the disconnect between the two). Those who follow him blindly, buy all of his books, attend all of his events, are probably not ready to hear what we have to say. To the ones who are ready, it won't make any difference if we insult Beck (or Limbaugh, or Hannity) because they're already starting to open their eyes anyway.

Not necessarily. From my experience the key to persuasion is first having some sort of relationship and/or credibility with the person you are trying to persuade. Then you begin with establishing the common ground that you have with the person - we agree on A, B, and C. Then you probe for their opinion on issue D where they may hold a different opinion. I always make it a point to validate their opinion, and never make them feel like they are wrong for holding that opinion, since I do not wish to put them on the defensive. I then will present my opinion on issue D, and show how the solution addresses the same concern, but provided a different solution to the concern.

This is the way I have done things for decades, and it seems to work in many cases. Where you have problems is with people who disagree with you on all issues, for example a socialist, because I would have few, if any areas to establish common ground with them.

One of the best examples from my memory was not with me, but was with a State Assembly candidate I saw speak back in the late 70's. It was not in my area, but I was upstate to help out a friend of mine who was the county coordinator for his campaign. Anyway this candidate was a rock solid conservative who was addressing a group at a union hall. All of the audience were blue collar union types. The candidate (and for the life of me I cannot remember his name), spent the first 10-15 minutes of the speech connecting with the audience on a variety of points. He then went on to share his own personal story of how he was a factory worker at a younger age, and then went into the most anti-union speech these folks probably ever heard, but all the while he empathized with the audience and showed them how he shared the same concerns, but had a much different solution. He got a standing ovation when it was all done.

Lucille
09-18-2012, 02:16 PM
I finally RTFA.

I don't think he can win. A vote for Obamney is what is madness.

On Obama if he is reelected, Beck stated, “Obama’s going to be worse than he was in the first four years. What do you think when he says I’m going to get a little more latitude when I’m elected the second time? What do you think he’s going to do?”

Let him do his worst and bare his totalitarian teeth, I say. The sooner Leviathan collapses, the better. O Duce is just the man-child to do it.

cajuncocoa
09-18-2012, 03:17 PM
I care why we're seen as responsible for Romney's loss, or rather why he's responsible for his own loss after they way they treated us.

I don't know where I implied anything different than what you're saying.

I was just making the point that that's what they're doing, not that it intimidates me in the slightest.Alrighty then...we're on the same page.

cajuncocoa
09-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Not necessarily. From my experience the key to persuasion is first having some sort of relationship and/or credibility with the person you are trying to persuade. Then you begin with establishing the common ground that you have with the person - we agree on A, B, and C. Then you probe for their opinion on issue D where they may hold a different opinion. I always make it a point to validate their opinion, and never make them feel like they are wrong for holding that opinion, since I do not wish to put them on the defensive. I then will present my opinion on issue D, and show how the solution addresses the same concern, but provided a different solution to the concern.

This is the way I have done things for decades, and it seems to work in many cases. Where you have problems is with people who disagree with you on all issues, for example a socialist, because I would have few, if any areas to establish common ground with them.

That's cool; I have no problem with your suggestions here.

Obviously, our common ground with Glenn Beck listeners is economic issues. But that is also true of just about every Republican running for anything at any point in time. GOP candidates always say they're for smaller government, reduced spending, yada yada. And when it's proven they didn't mean it, they can always find a Democrat to blame it on....and the wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round.

Until and unless Glenn Beck listeners are ready to hear what we have to say about foreign policy, they will always gravitate to Romney, Bachmann, Santorum, etc. Neocon Beck will make sure of that.

LibertyEagle
09-18-2012, 03:36 PM

Obviously, our common ground with Glenn Beck listeners is economic issues. But that is also true of just about every Republican running for anything at any point in time. GOP candidates always say they're for smaller government, reduced spending, yada yada. And when it's proven they didn't mean it, they can always find a Democrat to blame it on....and the wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round.

Until and unless Glenn Beck listeners are ready to hear what we have to say about foreign policy, they will always gravitate to Romney, Bachmann, Santorum, etc. Neocon Beck will make sure of that.

That is one of the spells I think Rand is trying to break.

twomp
09-18-2012, 03:38 PM
I just wanted to chime in and say, FK YOU GLENN BECK!!

twomp
09-18-2012, 03:51 PM
In 2009-2010, the Tea Party was making it's rise and garnering attention against BOTH parties. Glenn Beck stepped in and delivered them to the neo-cons and team red. Now he wants us to vote for Mitt Romney, some things never change.

TheTexan
09-18-2012, 04:47 PM
Yeah, but you are looking past the fact that he does espouse some conservative talking points. More than most any other major media person. It's useful, because the people who listen to them are really looking for something true, like what Ron, Rand, Justin, and Thomas offer. Also don't forget that he has suggested several books to his listeners that are quite good. His listeners are low-hanging fruit. So, it doesn't make sense to me to make them out like they are our enemies.

That's just an unfortunate truth that many aren't ready to accept yet. Don't get me wrong, not all of his listeners are hopeless. I do believe there is something to gain by continuing to reach out to them. But anyone who expects a significant amount of these people to "get it," I'm afraid, will be sorely disappointed.

The vast majority of them are simply playing a different game than us. They are in it, literally for kicks. They just want to root for their team, beat the bad guy, and have a good time. Very few have any real motives about actually improving their country, and if they do have any real motivations, beyond just the sport of the game, then its purely individual financial gain.

I guess if you can convince those people that liberty is in their interests of individual financial gain, then perhaps you can get that segment on board... but it might be a harder sell than you might think. I also think this group of people is in the minority. Most of them are in it just for sport & entertainment.

TheGrinch
09-18-2012, 04:48 PM

One of the best examples from my memory was not with me, but was with a State Assembly candidate I saw speak back in the late 70's. It was not in my area, but I was upstate to help out a friend of mine who was the county coordinator for his campaign. Anyway this candidate was a rock solid conservative who was addressing a group at a union hall. All of the audience were blue collar union types. The candidate (and for the life of me I cannot remember his name), spent the first 10-15 minutes of the speech connecting with the audience on a variety of points. He then went on to share his own personal story of how he was a factory worker at a younger age, and then went into the most anti-union speech these folks probably ever heard, but all the while he empathized with the audience and showed them how he shared the same concerns, but had a much different solution. He got a standing ovation when it was all done.

Precisely correct. There are different elements of the liberty message that appeal to different groups, and so you absolutely have to start with common ground before you can even get them open to considering the parts that are harder to swallow.

As I always say, know your audience. If you do that, then you need not be dishonest to get their attention.

PierzStyx
09-18-2012, 04:58 PM

Beck hadn't lost it in '07. He still made good points and had pretty decent insights back then.

PierzStyx
09-18-2012, 05:02 PM
Can't believe it took 59 posts before someone chastised us for criticizing Beck! There's hope for this place yet.

Most of these posts aren't criticisms. Most of them are just being assholes, emulating one of the things we hate most about Beck himself.

jkr
09-18-2012, 05:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9fUwr1FiPs

my response:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=iR6KjNmN2BA

but then i was lyke,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=JX672lZzZ6U&NR=1

:eek:

torchbearer
09-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Most of these posts aren't criticisms. Most of them are just being assholes, emulating one of the things we hate most about Beck himself.

way past the part...
i was critical during that time where it was sounding like he was starting to get it...
the he goes schizo- he is a traiter and a propagandist.
fuck him is where i'm at now.

PierzStyx
09-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Precisely correct. There are different elements of the liberty message that appeal to different groups, and so you absolutely have to start with common ground before you can even get them open to considering the parts that are harder to swallow.

As I always say, know your audience. If you do that, then you need not be dishonest to get their attention.

I'll testify to this. When I first started listening to Ron Paul his approach to drug laws, foreign troop placements (not wars but just having troops stationed in other countries, and abortion were all stumbling blocks to me. But the longer I studied the Doctor's message and read about the philosophy of liberty the more I cam around to not just agreeing with his stances, but loudly lauding them. It took less time with me than it would others because of where I already was mentally and politically. But it will take longer with others. And that is okay. It takes time to break years (and in many cases-decades) of programming.

torchbearer
09-18-2012, 05:13 PM
beck= honey, honey, poison.

PierzStyx
09-18-2012, 05:14 PM
way past the part...
i was critical during that time where it was sounding like he was starting to get it...
the he goes schizo- he is a traiter and a propagandist.
fuck him is where i'm at now.

I agree with the general sentiment. For a time I think Beck did get it for the most part. Sadly he lost it, believed his own hype, and went over the deep end. And took the Tea Party with him, because people are sheep who love to be lead.

But that doesn't excuse hating him, or being an asshole back to him. You can't be "better" than someone by descending to their level.

torchbearer
09-18-2012, 05:16 PM
I agree with the general sentiment. For a time I think Beck did get it for the most part. Sadly he lost it, believed his own hype, and went over the deep end. And took the Tea Party with him, because people are sheep who love to be lead.

But that doesn't excuse hating him, or being an asshole back to him. You can't be "better" than someone by descending to their level.

or i can speak my mind and be honest- fuck him. it will be a good day when he is no longer on the air.

RickyJ
09-18-2012, 05:17 PM
Stick a fork in this buffoon Beck, he is done.

CaptLouAlbano
09-18-2012, 06:05 PM

I think the areas of common ground are on more than economic issues. I think we also have common ground on regulatory issues, entitlements, 2nd amendment rights, many 10th amendment issues, abortion, morality, health care, right to work issues, energy & environmental issues and a few others. Foreign policy and some individual liberty issues (Patriot Act, indefinite detention, etc) are the ones where we part company. So when I am conversing with someone who would have views like Beck, I can name 10-15 issues where we see eye to eye before we even touch on the differences.

One thing I will disagree with you on in your post is when you referred to Beck as a neocon. He is not a textbook neocon since for one, he is with us on those issues I listed above, where a neocon is going to hold a much more moderate position on many of them. Remember, neocons are essentially pre-Great Society Democrats, so they do not hold the same positions we do on a lot of those domestic issues. Neocons support the welfare state, maybe not the one we currently have today, but they aren't universally opposed to it like we are. Beck shares that disdain for the welfare state like many old school Republicans like myself do. Additionally, from what I heard from Beck (and granted it is bits an pieces here and there throughout the years), it seems to me his interventionism is driven by security issues and not a desire to see the US as the policeman of the world. The goal of the neocons is that one world order that we hear so much about. I don't see that desire from Beck. I think his concern is that we have radical Islamists over in the Middle East that want to kill us and our allies, and that we need to prevent that from happening by taking them on over there. I disagree that we need to be involved in their affairs, as I think that is part of the problem, as I am a very old school non-interventionist (hearkening back to the Taft era). So I think it is unfair that we label Beck a neocon, as from what I heard from him, he does not share that global order goal of the neocons. I am pretty sure I have heard Beck be critical of the UN. Again that is something that we wouldn't hear from a textbook neocon like Bill Kristol, Donald Rumsfeld, or Dick Cheney.

TheGrinch
09-18-2012, 06:14 PM
I think the areas of common ground are on more than economic issues. I think we also have common ground on regulatory issues, entitlements, 2nd amendment rights, many 10th amendment issues, abortion, morality, health care, right to work issues, energy & environmental issues and a few others. Foreign policy and some individual liberty issues (Patriot Act, indefinite detention, etc) are the ones where we part company. So when I am conversing with someone who would have views like Beck, I can name 10-15 issues where we see eye to eye before we even touch on the differences.

One thing I will disagree with you on in your post is when you referred to Beck as a neocon. He is not a textbook neocon since for one, he is with us on those issues I listed above, where a neocon is going to hold a much more moderate position on many of them. Remember, neocons are essentially pre-Great Society Democrats, so they do not hold the same positions we do on a lot of those domestic issues. Neocons support the welfare state, maybe not the one we currently have today, but they aren't universally opposed to it like we are. Beck shares that disdain for the welfare state like many old school Republicans like myself do. Additionally, from what I heard from Beck (and granted it is bits an pieces here and there throughout the years), it seems to me his interventionism is driven by security issues and not a desire to see the US as the policeman of the world. The goal of the neocons is that one world order that we hear so much about. I don't see that desire from Beck. I think his concern is that we have radical Islamists over in the Middle East that want to kill us and our allies, and that we need to prevent that from happening by taking them on over there. I disagree that we need to be involved in their affairs, as I think that is part of the problem, as I am a very old school non-interventionist (hearkening back to the Taft era). So I think it is unfair that we label Beck a neocon, as from what I heard from him, he does not share that global order goal of the neocons. I am pretty sure I have heard Beck be critical of the UN. Again that is something that we wouldn't hear from a textbook neocon like Bill Kristol, Donald Rumsfeld, or Dick Cheney.
OK, how about neocon puppet then :p

CaptLouAlbano
09-18-2012, 06:23 PM
OK, how about neocon puppet then :p

Not sure. I think the way to look at it best is where did someone stand on the Kosovo airstrikes in the late 90's. Luger, McCain, Chaffee, Lieberman - those were the guys that were supportive of that action - and those are the folks I label as having a neo-con foreign policy view. I think we have a tendency to label anyone who wants intervention in the Middle East as a neo-con and I think we are wrong when we do that. Basically, I see that there are essentially a handful of FP positions.

1) Those that view radical Islam as an excuse for war and want intervention because they believe the US needs to lead a world order, and they would intervene in other parts of the world that they feel need that intervention as well. (those are your textbook neocons: McCain, Cheney, et al.)
2) Those that view radical Islam as a legitimate threat and want intervention for the sake of our security & our allies. I.e. get them before they get us. (Beck, Limbaugh, etc fall in here)
3) Those that view radical Islam as a legitimate threat but feel non-interventionism, diplomacy, and a strong defense at home is the best way to protect us. (this is where I am)
4) Those that do not think that Islam is a threat, and believe in a non-interventionist FP (I think left-libertarians are here)
5) Those that think America is the cause of all the problems in the world, and believe if we disarm that there will be peace in the world. (I think the Code Pink crowd is here)

Of course I am generalizing, but the point being that FP positions are more than just us vs them.

LibertyEagle
09-18-2012, 06:30 PM
That's just an unfortunate truth that many aren't ready to accept yet. Don't get me wrong, not all of his listeners are hopeless. I do believe there is something to gain by continuing to reach out to them. But anyone who expects a significant amount of these people to "get it," I'm afraid, will be sorely disappointed.

The vast majority of them are simply playing a different game than us. They are in it, literally for kicks. They just want to root for their team, beat the bad guy, and have a good time. Very few have any real motives about actually improving their country, and if they do have any real motivations, beyond just the sport of the game, then its purely individual financial gain.

I guess if you can convince those people that liberty is in their interests of individual financial gain, then perhaps you can get that segment on board... but it might be a harder sell than you might think. I also think this group of people is in the minority. Most of them are in it just for sport & entertainment.

I think that is much more true for Hannity listeners, than it is for Beck listeners.

robert9712000
09-18-2012, 06:38 PM
How can you guys be so mean to this guy.Look how sad he is.

http://www.fakemikefoster.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/glenn_beck_crying-233x300.png

LibertyEagle
09-18-2012, 06:40 PM
lolol. What an actor.

The Free Hornet
09-18-2012, 06:52 PM
Actor eh? Glenn Beck fights a Ron Paul supporter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b1a-hqvGNI

Anti Federalist
09-18-2012, 07:18 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvjo24RVj61qcpgr3o1_500.gif

NO ONE BUT PAUL!!!!!

AuH20
09-18-2012, 07:36 PM
The Beck hate is so laughable and over the top. Yes, if Obama wins and carries the Congress, it will be hell on earth. So Beck's point is actually accurate if that scenario unfolds. There is a calculated risk at play here. Now I won't personally won't vote for Romney, but you have to be completely delusional to think that there isn't danger at work. Both sides actually have merit with their arguments.

TheTexan
09-18-2012, 07:38 PM
if Obama [or Romney] wins and carries the Congress, it will be hell on earth. So Beck's point is actually accurate if that scenario unfolds. There is a calculated risk at play here.

Fixed that for you

AuH20
09-18-2012, 07:45 PM
Fixed that for you
Romney for all his faults is not FDR 2. Not even close. Obama with a rubberstamped congress will unleash carnage like you have never seen. The U.S. barely survived FDR's tenure whether it was Wickard v. Filburn, the NRA excesses, price controls, gold confiscation, the advent of Social Security, the dubious entrance into WW2. Romney is malleable. Obama really really believes himself to be the philosophical heir to the 32nd POTUS. And he will follow the same path of governing.

sparebulb
09-18-2012, 07:46 PM
Now I won't personally won't vote for Romney...

So, you will vote for Willard?

AuH20
09-18-2012, 07:48 PM
So, you will vote for Willard?

No. I don't vote for just anybody who wins the republican nomination.

Anti Federalist
09-18-2012, 07:50 PM
Romney for all his faults is not FDR 2. Not even close. Obama with a rubberstamped congress will unleash carnage like you have never seen. The U.S. barely survived FDR's tenure whether it was Wickard v. Filburn, the NRA excesses, price controls, gold confiscation, the advent of Social Security, the dubious entrance into WW2. Romney is malleable. Obama really really believes himself to be the philosophical heir to the 32nd POTUS. And he will follow the same path of governing.

Obama is a bankster puppet.

He is not even close to being FDR.

He will do what he is told to do.

So will Romney. I know, I watched him closely in Mass and he has always been underfoot near my home.

I know this man, trust me.

Obama = Romney when it comes to push and shove.

AuH20
09-18-2012, 07:51 PM
Obama is a bankster puppet.

He is not even close to being FDR.

He will do what he is told to do.

So will Romney. I know, I watched him closely in Mass and he has always been underfoot near my home.

I know this man, trust me.

Obama = Romney when it comes to push and shove.

What do you think FDR was???? A bankster puppet disguised as a man of the people.

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-18-2012, 07:53 PM

While he is no FDR he is probably closer to Mussolini. All hail!

TheGrinch
09-18-2012, 07:56 PM
What do you think FDR was???? A bankster puppet disguised as a man of the people.
Youre winning the logic war, but not your argument that the hate for the guy whose trashed Ron Paul Paul and tells us to get with the program is somehow over the top

AuH20
09-18-2012, 08:05 PM
Youre winning the logic war, but not your argument that the hate for the guy whose trashed Ron Paul Paul and tells us to get with the program is somehow over the top

It was largely constructive, internal criticism. I don't understand this pathological hatred of Beck, when our energies should be focused against the likes of chief bootlicker Limbaugh and the state driven media. Beck has incredible content on his show and I salute him for delving into taboo subjects that are off-limits. I could care less about his motives or Alex Jones for that matter. All I care about is the transmission of valuable information that is reaching the people of this country. G. Edward Griffin. Carroll Quigley, the Fabian Society, Nelson Aldrich. He even ventured as far as the FEMA camps until his corporate overlords dressed him down. Beck brought these important ideas forth to a cross section of people who would have never come across them otherwise.

Anti Federalist
09-18-2012, 08:12 PM
It was constructive, internal criticism. I don't understand this pathological hatred of Beck, when our energies should be focused against the likes of Limbaugh and the state driven media. Beck has incredible content on his show and I salute him for delving into taboo subjects that are off-limits. I could care less about his motives or Alex Jones for that matter. All I care about is the transmission of valuable information that is reaching the people of this country. G. Edward Griffin. Carroll Quigley, the Fabian Society, Nelson Aldrich. Beck brought these important ideas forth to a cross section of people who would have never come across them otherwise.

Again, I agree with this.

I have no pathological hatred of Beck, but it is laughable to think for one second that his recriminations would be enough to change my mind about things, especially after how we've been treated by a large portion of people that he claims to speak for.

AuH20
09-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Again, I agree with this.

I have no pathological hatred of Beck, but it is laughable to think for one second that his recriminations would be enough to change my mind about things, especially after how we've been treated by a large portion of people that he claims to speak for.

Your position is logically sound. You are not wrong. And Beck has a point as well if the worst case scenario plays out.

fr33
09-18-2012, 08:19 PM
He called us terrorists last election. I guess we should be happy that we've been upgraded to "delusional"?

acptulsa
09-18-2012, 08:20 PM
Your position is logically sound. You are not wrong. And Beck has a point as well.

He had a point when he said that there was little or no practical difference between Obama and Romney. Not so many solid points lately.

And if he's more of a lightning rod than the guy whose ears atrophied from lack of use, well, one reason could be that he hasn't gone off on Ron Paul and us lately. And/or the fact that he's not stroke, stroke, stab. Limburger is far simpler--stab, stab, stab. It's only human nature to get madder at the con man who tried to win your confidence before trying to rob you than at the rabid dog whose behavior, though reprehensible, is consistent.

TheGrinch
09-18-2012, 08:21 PM
As mentioned at the beginning of the thread, he and Hannity pretty quickly helped co opt the tea party. I vividly remember their stupid rallies

sparebulb
09-18-2012, 10:45 PM
It was largely constructive, internal criticism. I don't understand this pathological hatred of Beck, when our energies should be focused against the likes of chief bootlicker Limbaugh and the state driven media. Beck has incredible content on his show and I salute him for delving into taboo subjects that are off-limits. I could care less about his motives or Alex Jones for that matter. All I care about is the transmission of valuable information that is reaching the people of this country. G. Edward Griffin. Carroll Quigley, the Fabian Society, Nelson Aldrich. He even ventured as far as the FEMA camps until his corporate overlords dressed him down. Beck brought these important ideas forth to a cross section of people who would have never come across them otherwise.

Beck has been doing the bulk of the establishment dirty work in Ron Paul bashing. This is why he earns dishonorable mention. Limp Windbag has mostly simply ignored RP for the last five years. Levin, Weiner, and Hannity just make drive-by hits.

Those that encourage Beck worship will be the last to figure out that he's the establishment Pied Piper and you are the rat. Keep listening to his magic flute and dancing his dance so you won't notice that he's leading you over a tall cliff to a certain death.

Beck = Judas goat

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f5/Hameln1.jpg/800px-Hameln1.jpg

AuH20
09-18-2012, 11:44 PM
Beck has been doing the bulk of the establishment dirty work in Ron Paul bashing. This is why he earns dishonorable mention. Limp Windbag has mostly simply ignored RP for the last five years. Levin, Weiner, and Hannity just make drive-by hits.

Those that encourage Beck worship will be the last to figure out that he's the establishment Pied Piper and you are the rat. Keep listening to his magic flute and dancing his dance so you won't notice that he's leading you over a tall cliff to a certain death.

Beck = Judas goat

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f5/Hameln1.jpg/800px-Hameln1.jpg

I'm the rat for disagreeing with him on occasion?? I find your hyperbole surrounding Glenn Beck's seemingly extraterrestrial persuasion skills extremely amusing. In this world, we can disagree with someone without ruthlessly castigating them as some holy figure that can command millions of citizens to abandon their own free will as well as critical thinking skills. I know what's going on and I'm not under the influence of Glenn Beck, despite not hating every fiber of his being. I can process information and differentiate between the true threats to our nation and it sure as hell ain't Glenn Beck the media personality on Dish Network. The genuine, no joke threats that I'm referring to are the national security agencies that can make good on their fearsome reputation and theoretically make you or I disappear without a trace. NSA, CIA, etc. Not Glenn Beck.

TheGrinch
09-19-2012, 12:10 AM
Beck spews their talking points, git-pieces and co-opts our message. If that doesn't incite "perpetual hate" then it sure doesn't inspire cordial respect as he;s now flinging insults at as after they shit all over us.

Please just stop apologizing for that.

cajuncocoa
09-19-2012, 06:01 AM
Beck spews their talking points, git-pieces and co-opts our message. If that doesn't incite "perpetual hate" then it sure doesn't inspire cordial respect as he;s now flinging insults at as after they shit all over us.

Please just stop apologizing for that.

^^THIS.

nobody's_hero
09-19-2012, 06:04 AM
So Beck lost his Fox show because he talked too much about the Federal Reserve, and yet he still thinks Ron Paul people are the bad guys.

moostraks
09-19-2012, 06:23 AM
And if he's more of a lightning rod than the guy whose ears atrophied from lack of use, well, one reason could be that he hasn't gone off on Ron Paul and us lately. And/or the fact that he's not stroke, stroke, stab. Limburger is far simpler--stab, stab, stab. It's only human nature to get madder at the con man who tried to win your confidence before trying to rob you than at the rabid dog whose behavior, though reprehensible, is consistent.

^^^ This is so true. He takes a message and perverts it. He makes it harder to reach some people because his version allows those we are trying to reach to remain within the system and comfortably root for their red team and not have to step out of the box and risk being called a freak (or a target of the gov't as a homegrown extremist). He is the peer pressure wing of the red team that plays upon the infantile american voter's need for social acceptance. Even the language he uses is reminiscent of high school cliques and their techniques of ostracization.

torchbearer
09-19-2012, 06:30 AM
^^^ This is so true. He takes a message and perverts it. He makes it harder to reach some people because his version allows those we are trying to reach to remain within the system and comfortably root for their red team and not have to step out of the box and risk being called a freak (or a target of the gov't as a homegrown extremist). He is the peer pressure wing of the red team that plays upon the infantile american voter's need for social acceptance. Even the language he uses is reminiscent of high school cliques and their techniques of ostracization.

are you a social scientist? sociology was my field of study in college and your post sounds like a perspective i'd hear from someone who studies society.

CaptLouAlbano
09-19-2012, 06:37 AM
Has anyone ever stopped to think that maybe Beck actually believes in what he is talking about? Why is there this seemingly automatic reaction within libertarian circles to paint someone who disagrees with us on some issues as a "fraud", a "piece of shit", a "sociopath", a "false prophet" and other labels? Are we so ground in our own ideological bubble that we cannot accept that maybe someone out there shares our views on economic policy, gun rights, states rights, taxes and other issues, but has a different view when it comes to some aspects of foreign policy and domestic liberty issues? Are we so fearful that if a major media personality is out there with an opposing view that we cannot overcome that viewpoint with persuasion?

I'm not saying I agree with Beck on all points, but I have seen this type of reaction in libertarians circles for many, many years. It is almost an elitist position, wherein everyone who disagrees with us on some points is therefore an enemy.

Even among libertarian minded people there are different camps: paleo-conservatives, paleo-libertarians, traditionalists, left-libertarians, anarcho-capitalists, etc. Would it be right for me (who aligns most closely with the paleo-cons) to deride someone who is a anarcho-capitalist as a fraud and a piece of shit, because we disagree on some points?

torchbearer
09-19-2012, 06:43 AM
Has anyone ever stopped to think that maybe Beck actually believes in what he is talking about? Why is there this seemingly automatic reaction within libertarian circles to paint someone who disagrees with us on some issues as a "fraud", a "piece of shit", a "sociopath", a "false prophet" and other labels?

he flips-flops more than romney. it isn't that i just disagree with him-
I've agreed with him, then after and election i don't agree with him(on the same point) because he is now schizo beck.
honey, honey, poison.
leading the rats.

fr33
09-19-2012, 06:45 AM
Would it be right for me (who aligns most closely with the paleo-cons) to deride someone who is a anarcho-capitalist as a fraud and a piece of shit, because we disagree on some points?What goes around comes around. This is exactly what he does to us. He calls us terrorists and delusional people.

CaptLouAlbano
09-19-2012, 06:53 AM
What goes around comes around. This is exactly what he does to us. He calls us terrorists and delusional people.

Terrorists was certainly wrong on his part. Delusional, well he does have a point, because let's face it, there is still a segment that loves to post on comments sections of news stories that think that Paul is going to still win the White House. Few they may be, but they are out there posting away everyday.

July
09-19-2012, 06:59 AM
Has anyone ever stopped to think that maybe Beck actually believes in what he is talking about? Why is there this seemingly automatic reaction within libertarian circles to paint someone who disagrees with us on some issues as a "fraud", a "piece of shit", a "sociopath", a "false prophet" and other labels?

I'm not saying I agree with Beck on all points, but I have seen this type of reaction in libertarians circles for many, many years. It is almost an elitist position, wherein everyone who disagrees with us on some points is therefore an enemy.

Well, I think it's like anything else, there's a grain of truth because many of us have watched so many politicians lie for so many years, and have witnessed propaganda in the media, etc. So there is a tendency to be very skeptical. But yeah, I think there is a point where it might go too far, where we can become paranoid about each other, and that not everything is a co-option attempt.

The thing with some of the popular pundits in the media, is that some of them have an odd tendency to contradict themselves mysteriously during election cycles. Which is curious to many. Not all of them, but some do.

But yeah, even Ron Paul has said he thinks Bernanke really believes in what he is saying and doing. It's not that he's just trying to make Obama or Romney look good-- it's more complex than that. He's spent his entire life and career studying and believing in his particular economic view, and he really wants to make it work.

acptulsa
09-19-2012, 06:59 AM
Terrorists was certainly wrong on his part. Delusional, well he does have a point, because let's face it, there is still a segment that loves to post on comments sections of news stories that think that Paul is going to still win the White House. Few they may be, but they are out there posting away everyday.

And does this mean 'Ron Paul supporters are delusional' or 'some are delusional? He's using a broad enough brush to slander me, and I don't have to like it. And why are we delusional? Because we try to make the democratic process work despite the fact that we have no megaphone like him, and Fox, and etc, so we have not a prayer? Yet he will say that this is a republic anyway, won't he?

Todd
09-19-2012, 07:10 AM
According to Glenn Beck...Romney is a Socialist too. (http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/according-to-glenn-beck-mitt-romney-is-a-socialist/question-2700943/)

Let’s take a look at what Barack Obama has done since
taking office that would raise any suspicion [that he is a socialist].
Again, the mainstream media can’t come up with a single thing. What have
we uncovered?

When Harry Smith offered one potential thing that
Americans could possibly point out that might be construed as socialism,
Obama quickly squashed that nonsense by pointing out that a Republican
proposed a similar plan.

Here he is:

SMITH: They would say that mandating that people have to buy insurance is something like that.

OBAMA: The sort of plan proposed by current Republican nominee Mitt Romney? Yeah, so…it doesn’t make too much sense.

Which
is why is why I said when Mitt Romney was running for president I don’t
want anyone who even flirts with socialism…his defense for an obvious
socialist act is: ‘Well Mitt Romney, he’s a Republican and he did it
too.’

Did anybody else’s mom, I remember mine probably in 1969
saying, you know, things like: ‘If Mitt Romney would jump off a cliff,
would you jump off too?’ Which wouldn’t have made any sense in 1969
because I wouldn’t have known who Mitt Romney was, but you get the
point.

It seems to me that you can’t disprove your socialism with someone else’s socialism. Can you?

CaptLouAlbano
09-19-2012, 07:15 AM
And does this mean 'Ron Paul supporters are delusional' or 'some are delusional? He's using a broad enough brush to slander me, and I don't have to like it. And why are we delusional? Because we try to make the democratic process work despite the fact that we have no megaphone like him, and Fox, and etc, so we have not a prayer? Yet he will say that this is a republic anyway, won't he?

Seems to me the solution is then to get a megaphone. Find a media personality that is on our side and work with him/her to build an audience and a show that is entertaining enough to draw in a large audience.

I went back and looked at the quotes that are referenced in the article and it does appear he is using a broad brush, but at the same time he could be referring to the people who are still out there pushing Ron Paul. I was a supporter, I donated money to the campaign, and canvassed my precinct. But I long ago stopped because for one, our primary is long since passed, and two he is not on the ballot anywhere. I see no point in bringing up Ron Paul to people I socialize with, because the nomination is in the past. I don't support Romney, and will leave that line of the ballot blank, but I have gotten over the loss many months ago. I think some are still stuck in the past and have not yet come to terms with the fact that the campaign was better than in 08, but still failed to accomplish the goal of winning over a large number of voters. So maybe he is referring to the folks that are still pushing Paul like the ones on here that are trying to get electors on the ballot in California for a write in campaign. I'm not sure, but since it is hard to get the full context from the article posted on here. Personally, I didn't take offence to the comments, since even though I supported Paul in the primaries, I am not one who is still pushing him.

acptulsa
09-19-2012, 07:20 AM
Seems to me the solution is then to get a megaphone. Find a media personality that is on our side and work with him/her to build an audience and a show that is entertaining enough to draw in a large audience.

A personality does not a megaphone make. And I don't see the likes of Clear Channel and Knight-Ridder et al hiring and retaining someone who tells the unvarnished and non-cherrypicked truth. So, if we want a megaphone like that we have to build it ourselves, hope we get broadcast permits and licenses, and figure out how to make it pay.

And we should--if it's possible to. Otherwise, well, we've done pretty well with the 'net so far...

CaptLouAlbano
09-19-2012, 07:29 AM
A personality does not a megaphone make. And I don't see the likes of Clear Channel and Knight-Ridder et al hiring and retaining someone who tells the unvarnished and non-cherrypicked truth. So, if we want a megaphone like that we have to build it ourselves, hope we get broadcast permits and licenses, and figure out how to make it pay.

And we should--if it's possible to. Otherwise, well, we've done pretty well with the 'net so far...

Yeah but honestly the internet reaches a very small segment of voters. I'm 74, and before my surgery which laid me up for many months, I spent very little time online for news and such. I have been online a lot more lately simply because I can't do much else. But after I recover, I will go back to normal life where I am active and involved in a lot of things. I don't stream videos and audio online, I don't check news sites multiple times per day, etc. My friends are all the same, and I live in a community with 13,000 retirees. We still read the local newspaper here.

I think the 24-hour connectivity is more so found with those maybe 40 or under. I have kids in their 40's and while they do have smart phones and are online a lot more than folks my age, they are not addicted to it like the younger generation is. And while the do use Facebook and Twitter and those sites, their interest in those is more for sports or hobbies rather than politics.

Keep in mind that more than half of the adults living in this country grew up with 6 TV channels and you had to get off the couch to change the channel. I think we are probably 10 to 15 years away from seeing the majority of the people in this country use the internet as the 20-30 age group does.

georgiaboy
09-19-2012, 07:47 AM
Has anyone ever stopped to think that maybe Beck actually believes in what he is talking about?

Of course. That's why this thread is so long. It's not us that's pushing Glenn away because of his decision to vote Romney - we want to like Glenn. Glenn is pushing us out of his tent.

Here's a guy who appears to 'get it' with regard to many small gov't positions. A guy who opposed Romney greatly during the primaries, considering him equal with Obama. This is great stuff, and of course we all side with him when he gives such a wide audience exposure to issues near and dear to us.

At the same time, he thinks poorly of all us Ron Paul supporters, specifically calls us out on air, and thinks anyone who will be logging a protest vote this November is "deranged".

He is now supporting the GOP candidate for the presidency.

He did the same thing in 2008.

I'm willing to let Glenn vote his conscience. I think it defies all logic to support small gov't but vote for big gov't, but I'm not gonna call him deranged. As I said, he speaks to my issues.

Why won't he afford the same courtesy to me? Why am I "deranged"? Because I'm standing by my principles by not voting for big government?

If Glenn and I both support the same small gov't positions, yet vote differently, why does he feel the need to marginalize me and millions of others like me?

BTW, full disclaimer - I turned him as well as the rest of talk radio and FoxNews off back in 2008. Won't be going back anytime soon until I see the kind of consistency I'm looking for.

erowe1
09-19-2012, 07:52 AM
I'm 74

Wait a second here. Are you the real Captain Lou Albano?

Edit: Never mind. Looks like the real Capt. Lou didn't make it through his last health scare.

CaptLouAlbano
09-19-2012, 07:55 AM
georgiaboy,

I think the answer is because Beck sees Obama as so incredibly bad for this country that even the worst possible GOP nominee is better than Obama. He may have a point, because given Obama's background and true beliefs a second term could very well be disastrous. It won't change my vote (or lack thereof), but it is inconsequential here in SC as Romney will win the state by 10 points or more. If I was in a swing state, I might be thinking differently, because although I do not like Romney, I really detest Obama.

acptulsa
09-19-2012, 07:55 AM

Edit: Never mind. Looks like the real Capt. Lou didn't make it through his last health scare.

I was about to say. Are we holding a virtual seance here?

Where's Shirley MacLaine when you need her?

CaptLouAlbano
09-19-2012, 07:56 AM

No, my name is Lou. I am Italian and that nickname stuck with me many years ago. They used to call me Capt Lou. When my niece set up this account for me and showed me how to use the site, she chose that screen name.

acptulsa
09-19-2012, 07:57 AM
No, my name is Lou. I am Italian and that nickname stuck with me many years ago. They used to call me Capt Lou. When my niece set up this account for me and showed me how to use the site, she chose that screen name.

Damn. I was hoping the site was haunted.

cajuncocoa
09-19-2012, 07:57 AM
Has anyone ever stopped to think that maybe Beck actually believes in what he is talking about?

Which part? Because Beck isn't known for his consistency, so I don't know that he will believe tomorrow what he says today.

Capt.Lou, it's one thing to tell us that we shouldn't close the door on trying to convert Beck's listeners. But asking us to respect Beck when he's out there calling us terrorists, deranged, etc....I'll give him all the respect he deserves (which is to say, little to none).

He's just another mouthpiece for the GOP establishment and he gets in the way of our efforts to save this country. That's not worthy of respect.

CaptLouAlbano
09-19-2012, 07:59 AM
Which part? Because Beck isn't known for his consistency, so I don't know that he will believe tomorrow what he says today.

Capt.Lou, it's one thing to tell us that we shouldn't close the door on trying to convert Beck's listeners. But asking us to respect Beck when he's out there calling us terrorists, deranged, etc....I'll give him all the respect he deserves (which is to say, little to none).

He's just another mouthpiece for the GOP establishment and he gets in the way of our efforts to save this country. That's not worthy of respect.

I just tend to respect anyone for their beliefs even if they are completely the opposite of mine. I guess I just come from a different generation than most here.

acptulsa
09-19-2012, 08:02 AM
I just tend to respect anyone for their beliefs even if they are completely the opposite of mine. I guess I just come from a different generation than most here.

Indeed. But has such respect gone out of style, or does it just take decades to learn this?

cajuncocoa
09-19-2012, 08:04 AM
I just tend to respect anyone for their beliefs even if they are completely the opposite of mine. I guess I just come from a different generation than most here.Did you read everything I said, or just the last line?

I have no problem with whatever he believes...that's not why I don't respect him.

I don't respect him because he misrepresents what the Ron Paul Revolution is about. A lot of people don't agree with us, but they don't go around characterizing as "terrorists" people who think as I do. In today's climate, that's a serious charge to make.

Do you think it's OK for him to call us "deranged" and/or "terrorists"? I don't. It's not OK, and not worthy of my respect.

moostraks
09-19-2012, 08:09 AM
are you a social scientist? sociology was my field of study in college and your post sounds like a perspective i'd hear from someone who studies society.

Only from a layman perspective. Guess that is what happens when you get to be the sahm to many, one of which learns to manipulate quite handily.:)

moostraks
09-19-2012, 08:22 AM

Could you respect anyone for their beliefs? What about someone who promises to pay their debts with the blood of your children? I was raised with Southern gentility and as such did not miss the lessons on respect. However there comes a point where one has to ask whether the person in question is worthy of contempt for their actions. Defamation of one's character through false allegations such as Beck has made should not be given a pass as a mere difference in belief.

CaptLouAlbano
09-19-2012, 08:25 AM
Did you read everything I said, or just the last line?

I have no problem with whatever he believes...that's not why I don't respect him.

I don't respect him because he misrepresents what the Ron Paul Revolution is about. A lot of people don't agree with us, but they don't go around characterizing as "terrorists" people who think as I do. In today's climate, that's a serious charge to make.

Do you think it's OK for him to call us "deranged" and/or "terrorists"? I don't. It's not OK, and not worthy of my respect.

Terrorists was wrong for sure. I forget the context of all that, so I can't comment on the specifics of course. Deranged, well it depends on who he is speaking about. If he is speaking about someone who supported Paul int he primaries, then that is wrong. If he is speaking about someone standing on a street corner with a Ron Paul sign today - well he has a point in that since the nomination race is over.

CaptLouAlbano
09-19-2012, 08:27 AM
Could you respect anyone for their beliefs? What about someone who promises to pay their debts with the blood of your children? I was raised with Southern gentility and as such did not miss the lessons on respect. However there comes a point where one has to ask whether the person in question is worthy of contempt for their actions. Defamation of one's character through false allegations such as Beck has made should not be given a pass as a mere difference in belief.

Well take Obama for example. I disagree with virtually everything that has come out of his mouth. I do think he is the worst President during my lifetime, if not ever. But I do respect the man for his beliefs, I think he is completely wrong, but I won't go to the point of calling him foul names like some do, because I don't feel that is proper.

Maybe respect isn't the best word, maybe decorum would be a better term to use.

cajuncocoa
09-19-2012, 08:30 AM
Terrorists was wrong for sure. I forget the context of all that, so I can't comment on the specifics of course. Deranged, well it depends on who he is speaking about. If he is speaking about someone who supported Paul int he primaries, then that is wrong. If he is speaking about someone standing on a street corner with a Ron Paul sign today - well he has a point in that since the nomination race is over.CaptLou, please don't make excuses for him based on "context"...what can be an acceptable context to label a group of people as "terrorists" in today's hyper-sensitive climate?

AuH20
09-19-2012, 08:32 AM
Terrorists was wrong for sure. I forget the context of all that, so I can't comment on the specifics of course. Deranged, well it depends on who he is speaking about. If he is speaking about someone who supported Paul int he primaries, then that is wrong. If he is speaking about someone standing on a street corner with a Ron Paul sign today - well he has a point in that since the nomination race is over.

It's a two way street. I can only imagine the vitriol and hate mail Beck has received for several years, evn before the flareups. And he's talked about this. It's not like he just woke up one day and decided to arbitrarily bash RP supporters for being maniacal and extremely dogmatic to fault. There is alot of bad blood. Death threats, hate mail. You name it. He's a human being so of course, he's going to respond negatively. Hell, Rand Paul can even attest to this. We have some verifiable lunatics in our camp who see lizard people in their sleep.

TheGrinch
09-19-2012, 08:36 AM
It's a two way street. I can only imagine the vitriol and hate mail Beck has received for several years. And he's talked about this. It's not like he just woke up one day and started to bash RP supporters for being maniacal and extremely dogmatic to fault. There is alot of history. Death threats, hate mail. You name it. He's a human being so of course, he's going to respond negatively.
That's a load of BS and you know it.

Beck clearly isn't speaking truth here. He's hyperbolizing and spinning and painting a narrative. That's what pundits do.

So I don't give a crap what Beck actually thinks, because he's making collectivists generalizations to the public that paint us in a negative light, rather than report fairly like a real journalist.

AuH20
09-19-2012, 08:38 AM

Beck clearly isn't speaking truth here. He's hyperbolizing and spinning and painting a narrative. That's what pundits do.

So I don't give a crap what Beck actually thinks, because he's making collectivists generalizations to the public that paint us in a negative light, rather than report fairly like a real journalist.

Not really. Rand Paul was pummeled mercilessly, including death threats for making an endorsement. And he is Ron's son for Christ's sake. What do you think an unaffiliated Beck received??? We tend to make these comfortable judgments in our little ideological bubble without all the facts.

LibertyEagle
09-19-2012, 08:39 AM
Actually, no, I don't think so.

Yes, Beck is spinning a narrative. But, there have also been some who have made it abundantly easy to do. Actions have consequences. Even when they come from some of us.

Carlybee
09-19-2012, 08:42 AM
Beck deserves everything he gets and then some

cajuncocoa
09-19-2012, 08:43 AM
Actually, no, I don't think so.

Yes, Beck is spinning a narrative. But, there have also been some who have made it abundantly easy to do. Actions have consequences. Even when they come from some of us.Good grief, LE.

CaptLouAlbano
CaptLou, please don't make excuses for him based on "context"...what can be an acceptable context to label a group of people as "terrorists" in today's hyper-sensitive climate?

Is this the clip you are referencing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIDDc8UodYQ

Not Beck's best moment for sure and he deserved to be criticized because of it. But to be perfectly honest with you, I never understood the obsession with the whole Guy Fawkes Day thing.

TheGrinch
Not really. Rand Paul was pummeled mercilessly, including death threats for making an endorsement. And he is Ron's sonfor Christ's sake. What do you think Beck received??? We tend to make these comfortable judgments in our little ideological bubbles without all the facts.
Ummm, that was a much more sensitive matter for very obvious reasons that had everyone's emotions running high. People (rightly or wrongly) expected much more out of Rand, and some saw it as a great betrayal... Plus it was a fringe minority who made threats, so I don't think that's worthy of generalizing either.

I can assure you that Beck and Limbaugh aren't receiving death threats from Ron Paul people for spewing the same BS they always do...

CaptLouAlbano
09-19-2012, 08:45 AM
We have some verifiable lunatics in our camp who see lizard people in their sleep.

You aren't serious are you?

AuH20
09-19-2012, 08:47 AM
Ummm, that was a much more sensitive matter for very obvious reasons that had everyone's emotions running high. People (rightly or wrongly) expected much more out of Rand, and some saw it as a great betrayal... Plus it was a fringe minority who made threats, so I don't think that's worthy of generalizing either.

I can assure you that Beck and Limbaugh aren't receiving death threats from Ron Paul people for spewing the same BS they always do...

The anonymity of the internet feeds into this devil may care attitude and it contibutes to this rabid lack of civility. For all the positive energy and ethusiasm our movement brings to the table there is an element that is bordeline fanatical. It's a double edged sword and we've seen it unravel numerous times in the public square (e.g. chasing down Hannity and pelting him with snowballs, the boorish, uncouth behavior at political events, etc.).

AuH20
09-19-2012, 08:49 AM
You aren't serious are you?
I was being facetious but...

CaptLouAlbano
09-19-2012, 08:49 AM
The anonymity of the internet feeds into this devil may care attitude and it contibutes to this rabid lack of civility. For all the energy and ethusiasm our movement brings to the table there is a element that is bordeline fanatical. It's a double edged sword and we've seen it happen numerous times in the public square (e.g. chasing down Hannity and pelting him with snowballs, the boorish, uncouth behavior at political events, etc.).

Good point. I saw a statement posted somewhere at one time that made me laugh. It said (and I paraphrase), years ago we had insane asylums, today those same people post on the internet.

Well folks, hope you all have a good day, but I am logging off and going to try and get a few things done. Take care.

Carlybee
09-19-2012, 08:52 AM
The anonymity of the internet feeds into this devil may care attitude and it contibutes to this rabid lack of civility. For all the positive energy and ethusiasm our movement brings to the table there is an element that is bordeline fanatical. It's a double edged sword and we've seen it unravel numerous times in the public square (e.g. chasing down Hannity and pelting him with snowballs, the boorish, uncouth behavior at political events, etc.).

Yes because nothing says fanatical like throwing a snowball...as opposed to say using your position in the media to push neverending war and propping up fascist ideology.

TheGrinch
09-19-2012, 08:55 AM

Liberty is popular. That means having to side with some you might not like. Get over it, because you seem to want to sling more blame at a fringe minority than a guy who's painting us all as fanatical delusional terrorists because we won't fall in line with the guy who cheated us. People like Beck exist to paint narratives, or there's no reason he shouldn't be kissing our ass like the rest of establishment and media isn't.

Did he report on the cheating? Has he ever given us a fair shake? Was he a part of co-opting and destroying the tea-party with establishment hacks? Fuck him then.

AuH20
09-19-2012, 08:56 AM
Yes because nothing says fanatical like throwing a snowball...as opposed to say using your position in the media to push neverending war and propping up fascist ideology.

Beck doesn't push fascism. And he's not a proponent for neverending war. He has a religious based connection to Israel, which I personally disagree with. I don't see the propping up of Israel as a primary national security objective, despite what the Scripture says. He believes it is part of God's plan, which many evangelicals subscribe to. This belief doesn't necessarily make them evil people.

LibertyEagle
09-19-2012, 08:56 AM
Good grief, LE.

What? I only said the truth and you know it.

I am not defending what Beck did. I couldn't stand him for it. But that doesn't change the fact that there are some people out there, who at the very least, do not demonstrate good judgement.

Mini-Me
09-19-2012, 08:59 AM
Everyone sees weird stuff in their sleep. ;)

georgiaboy
09-19-2012, 09:12 AM
georgiaboy,

I think the answer is because Beck sees Obama as so incredibly bad for this country that even the worst possible GOP nominee is better than Obama. He may have a point, because given Obama's background and true beliefs a second term could very well be disastrous. It won't change my vote (or lack thereof), but it is inconsequential here in SC as Romney will win the state by 10 points or more. If I was in a swing state, I might be thinking differently, because although I do not like Romney, I really detest Obama.

Sorry, Lou, this gives Glenn room to call me deranged for voting differently? You said yourself that deference should be exercised.

Goes both ways. Of the millions of RP supporters out there, what percent show respect for others' beliefs vs not? What percent at the RNC convention acted out of respect for the rules and the process? What percent of the RNC treated the RP supporters from a place of respect? How respectful of RP supporter beliefs was Glenn?

Understand, I believe in giving respect regardless of whether its given to me, but that doesn't mean Glenn's behavior, to a nationwide audience, is justified.

sparebulb
09-19-2012, 09:20 AM
(e.g. chasing down Hannity and pelting him with snowballs, the boorish, uncouth behavior at political events, etc.).

Beck neocon spin.

Hannity was neither "chased" or "pelted". He chose to run away and hide behind a girl to enter a building. No snowballs ever connected with him or his people.

You choose to always criticize Ron Paul supporters. You have been a perfect Beck activist.

Carlybee
09-19-2012, 09:31 AM
Beck doesn't push fascism. And he's not a proponent for neverending war. He has a religious based connection to Israel, which I personally disagree with. I don't see the propping up of Israel as a primary national security objective, despite what the Scripture says. He believes it is part of God's plan, which many evangelicals subscribe to. This belief doesn't necessarily make them evil people.

Which results in the push for neverending war because Israel will never reconcile withe the rest of the middle east and the evangelicals will continue to prop up Israel and starting wars without congressional approval is fascist by design, ergo Beck supports it. I've listened to that jackass for years..anything that sounds libertarian in his rhetoric is a facade. He is as rah rah as they get and equates patriotism with gettin those islamo fascists. Does he hold "some" liberty positions? Yes but he seems to be arbitrary on a lot of issues.

cajuncocoa
09-19-2012, 09:35 AM
You choose to always criticize Ron Paul supporters. You have been a perfect Beck activist.There are a few like that in this thread...one wonders why they joined the Ron Paul Forums.

DGambler
09-19-2012, 09:52 AM
There are a few like that in this thread...one wonders why they joined the Ron Paul Forums.

You know why, the same reasons some hardcore RP on here go and post on Hannity's forums or other forums. The one thing that irks me is that some of these people think that just by them being here that they should automatically be considered a RP supporter with just a different point of view.

I welcome and enjoy spirited debate, but you have to look at issues through the lenses of personal liberty first, a lot of these guys don't.

Cutlerzzz
09-19-2012, 10:05 AM
Guys, he just needs a little more time. He's turning the corner.

LibertyEagle
09-19-2012, 10:12 AM
There are a few like that in this thread...one wonders why they joined the Ron Paul Forums.

When was it ever a prerequisite to not tell the truth in order to be a Ron Paul supporter?

LibertyEagle
09-19-2012, 10:13 AM
You know why, the same reasons some hardcore RP on here go and post on Hannity's forums or other forums. The one thing that irks me is that some of these people think that just by them being here that they should automatically be considered a RP supporter with just a different point of view.

I welcome and enjoy spirited debate, but you have to look at issues through the lenses of personal liberty first, a lot of these guys don't.

With liberty, comes responsibility. And that includes recognizing that some of the things that a few supporters have done has not been helpful to our efforts.

bubbleboy
09-19-2012, 10:19 AM
GB can burn in hell.

NEPatriot
09-19-2012, 10:21 AM
Isn't politics the art of compromise?

Well, we didn't get #&@^ so neither do you.

We didn't become Ron Paul supporters by being idiots in your audience who need to be spoon fed opinions by people on television or radio.

Gary Johnson for spite.

Live with it.

helmuth_hubener
09-19-2012, 10:25 AM
I just tend to respect anyone for their beliefs even if they are completely the opposite of mine. I guess I just come from a different generation than most here. No, you don't. You just said you detest Obama. The only difference between you and the people on the forum you look down on is that your division of outsider-insider, like-hate is along more mainstream lines. It's acceptable to you to detest Democrats. And it's baffling to you that Republicans could detest Republicans. But really it's just drawing the lines in different places, in what is, in fact, a Ron Paul-inspired way. It's drawing the lines to define the topography of Liberty vs. Tyranny rather than Republican vs. Democrat.

cajuncocoa
09-19-2012, 10:30 AM
When was it ever a prerequisite to not tell the truth in order to be a Ron Paul supporter?Some seem to have a disproportionate distaste for Ron Paul supporters. That is also true. Just sayin'.

DGambler
09-19-2012, 10:45 AM
No, you don't. You just said you detest Obama. The only difference between you and the people on the forum you look down on is that your division of outsider-insider, like-hate is along more mainstream lines. It's acceptable to you to detest Democrats. And it's baffling to you that Republicans could detest Republicans. But really it's just drawing the lines in different places, in what is, in fact, a Ron Paul-inspired way. It's drawing the lines to define the topography of Liberty vs. Tyranny rather than Republican vs. Democrat.

+Rep, that is the most clear and concise way that I've seen it articulated, may I borrow it and spread it far and wide?

cajuncocoa
09-19-2012, 10:53 AM
No, you don't. You just said you detest Obama. The only difference between you and the people on the forum you look down on is that your division of outsider-insider, like-hate is along more mainstream lines. It's acceptable to you to detest Democrats. And it's baffling to you that Republicans could detest Republicans. But really it's just drawing the lines in different places, in what is, in fact, a Ron Paul-inspired way. It's drawing the lines to define the topography of Liberty vs. Tyranny rather than Republican vs. Democrat.I agree wholeheartedly with this....+rep

acptulsa
09-19-2012, 11:00 AM
Guys, he just needs a little more time. He's turning the corner.

He has been turning that corner for six years now. Must be driving a '75 Cadillac.

He'll never get around that corner. He's too busy trying to paint us into that corner...

AuH20
09-19-2012, 11:01 AM
No, you don't. You just said you detest Obama. The only difference between you and the people on the forum you look down on is that your division of outsider-insider, like-hate is along more mainstream lines. It's acceptable to you to detest Democrats. And it's baffling to you that Republicans could detest Republicans. But really it's just drawing the lines in different places, in what is, in fact, a Ron Paul-inspired way. It's drawing the lines to define the topography of Liberty vs. Tyranny rather than Republican vs. Democrat.

More like there are republicans who deserve derision and ridicule (McCain, Graham, Alexander, Romney, McConnell, etc.) while there are others who don't. This whole nonsense about both parties being the same from top to bottom is utter nonsense. Yes, the GOP's party leadership as well as congressional leadership is compromised and corrupt, but not every single republican is malevolent. And I absolutely delight in the the shortsighted, messianic complex some RP supporters carry around, in that only Ron Paul is the sole poltician fighting against the establishment hordes. What a crock of shit!

TheTexan
09-19-2012, 11:09 AM
This whole nonsense about both parties being the same from top to bottom is utter nonsense.

You're right, they are different. One party eagerly embraces socialism whereas the other party only cautiously embraces socialism.

helmuth_hubener
09-19-2012, 11:09 AM
+Rep, that is the most clear and concise way that I've seen it articulated, may I borrow it and spread it far and wide? Of course, always, no permission necessary. I'm flattered that you enjoyed it.

Carlybee
09-19-2012, 11:18 AM
More like there are republicans who deserve derision and ridicule (McCain, Graham, Alexander, Romney, McConnell, etc.) while there are others who don't. This whole nonsense about both parties being the same from top to bottom is utter nonsense. Yes, the GOP's party leadership as well as congressional leadership is compromised and corrupt, but not every single republican is malevolent. And I absolutely delight in the the shortsighted, messianic complex some RP supporters carry around, in that only Ron Paul is the sole poltician fighting against the establishment hordes. What a crock of shit!

He pretty much is actually. That's why they had to try and shut him up. Even his son won't commit to going where he has gone 100%...case in point would be Ron's speech at the pre convention rally vs Rand's speech at the convention. Ron Paul is at hero status for a reason...one that the likes of Glen Beck will never grasp.

sparebulb
09-19-2012, 11:19 AM
You're right, they are different. One party eagerly embraces socialism whereas the other party only cautiously embraces socialism.

plus one rep for you

However:

Beck, Hannity, Levin, Weiner, Limpbag, and a couple of members of this board all agree that you are not a great American.

AuH20
09-19-2012, 11:23 AM
He pretty much is actually. That's why they had to try and shut him up. Even his son won't commit to going where he has gone 100%:

He's far from the only one. That is what is so comical about some RP supporters and this myopic tunnel vision they carry around. There are active politicans fighting tooth and nail against this takeover. Louie Gohmert (who was on Mike Church's show recently) comes to mind along with Walter Jones & a host of others in the House. They are actively being subverted by party leadership.

VBRonPaulFan
09-19-2012, 11:28 AM
If Beck et al. wanted the vote to not be split, he should have made passionate pleas earlier in the year to people all across the country to nominate an actual Republican as the republican nominee for President. Funny how that works... the GOP runs a facist, big govt loving politician - and conservatives and republicans don't want to vote for him. Weird!

Carlybee
09-19-2012, 11:28 AM
He's far from the only one. That is what is so comical about some RP supporters and this myopic tunnel vision they carry around. There are active politicans fighting tooth and nail against this takeover. Louie Gohmert (who was on Mike Church's show recently) comes to mind along with Walter Jones & a host of others in the House. They are actively being subverted by party leadership.

I don't consider Tea Partiers the equivalent of libertarians in the pursuit of liberty but would love to see your list of politicians that you hold up to the same level as Ron Paul.

DGambler
09-19-2012, 11:29 AM

No where did he say that every single republican is malevolent. What he said was that he's drawing HIS lines for Liberty vs. Tyranny rather than Republican vs. Democrat.