PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney Middle Income = $250,000

presence
09-17-2012, 06:07 PM
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/09/14/romney-u-s-middle-income-is-200k-to-250k-per-year/

[LEFT]During the interview Friday that Stephanopoulos asked Romney

if he believes that “middle income” in the U.S. is around $100,000 per year.

“No,” Romney replied, “middle income is $200,000 to $250,000”

The U.S. census bureau reported on Thursday (http://www.huntingtonnews.net/43537) that the U.S. median annual household income in 2011 was $50,054 — that is, half of American households make about $50,000 or less.

Try...

Half of all Americans WHO EVEN HAVE A JOB earn less than $50k.

Ron Paul Says Real Unemployment Figure is 20%
http://www.dailypaul.com/184365/ron-paul-says-real-unemployment-figure-is-20

dannno
09-17-2012, 06:18 PM
“middle income is $200,000 to $250,000 and less.”

It looks like he was trying to say that the 'middle class' is household incomes of XXk - 200k/year

I would agree that a household income of $200k, especially in places like Southern California, are "upper" middle-class and I wouldn't classify somebody as "rich" unless their household income exceeded $200 or $250k.

He's still really out of touch, but I don't think this statement was what they are portraying it to be, sort of like Obama's "they didn't build that" statement.

tttppp
09-17-2012, 06:24 PM
I believe when he said that, he said 200 to 250k OR LESS. In other words anyone making less than 250k. I don't think he meant the average salary is 250k.

jkr
09-17-2012, 06:25 PM
out
of
touch

GO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7fiQU0kFHs

tttppp
09-17-2012, 06:26 PM
It looks like he was trying to say that the 'middle class' is household incomes of XXk - 200k/year

I would agree that a household income of $200k, especially in places like Southern California, are "upper" middle-class and I wouldn't classify somebody as "rich" unless their household income exceeded $200 or $250k.

He's still really out of touch, but I don't think this statement was what they are portraying it to be, sort of like Obama's "they didn't build that" statement.

I think Obama was portrayed accurately with the "they didn't build that" statement. He has stated similar bs several times.

libertariantexas
09-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Mitt Romney.

Truly, a man of the people.

I'd better get to work so I can work my way up to Mitt Romney's version of middle class.

brandon
09-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Taking this way out of context. OP you just wasted nearly 10 minutes of my day making me chase this down and watch the video, just to determine your title is a complete lie. THanks bro.

dannno
09-21-2012, 12:28 PM
I think Obama was portrayed accurately with the "they didn't build that" statement. He has stated similar bs several times.

What he meant: The person who owns the business did not build the road in front of their business which is necessary for it's success.

What was portrayed by many folks: The person who owns the business did not build their business.

The truth: Obama is still wrong because the person who owns the business pays taxes, so their work does contribute to all that public goods stuff so they did build the public infrastructure, essentially. If it wasn't public, they still could have contributed to it. But Obama did not mean that the person who owned the business didn't build their business.

tttppp
09-21-2012, 12:53 PM
What he meant: The person who owns the business did not build the road in front of their business which is necessary for it's success.

What was portrayed by many folks: The person who owns the business did not build their business.

The truth: Obama is still wrong because the person who owns the business pays taxes, so their work does contribute to all that public goods stuff so they did build the public infrastructure, essentially. If it wasn't public, they still could have contributed to it. But Obama did not mean that the person who owned the business didn't build their business.

I understood his point clearly. The point is he is using a small fraction of the budget to justify the majority of the budget that does nothing, and just gets in the way. Kind of like Romneys comments on the 47 percent. Right away the media start bashing him for a small fraction of the 47 percent that are true exceptions.