PDA

View Full Version : IRS claims to be a relative in order to get part of $7 million in gold found in man's home

aGameOfThrones
09-17-2012, 05:13 PM
When Walter Samaszko Jr. died at his home in Carson City, Nev., he had $200 in a bank account. But as officials later discovered, Samaszko had about $7 million stored neatly around his home, the Nevada Appeal reported.

In late June, neighbors called authorities because of a smell emanating from Samaszko’s home. He was a recluse who had told them he hated the government and feared getting shots, but still, it had been a while since they had seen him, according to the Appeal.

In came the cleanup crews, which discovered boxes of gold in the garage.

They found gold coins and bullion, tiny dos-pesos, $20 gold pieces, Austrian ducats, Kruggerrands and English Sovereigns dating to the 1840s – enough gold to fill two wheelbarrows.

As for who can lay claim to the riches -- Glover said the Internal Revenue Service will take a sizable amount in taxes, and that the rest will likely go to a first cousin, a substitute teacher in San Rafael, Calif., who is Samaszko's only relative as far as authorities can tell.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/17/13921601-7-million-in-gold-found-in-dead-nevada-mans-home?lite

Note: Thread title :D

jkr
09-17-2012, 05:35 PM
two
wheelbarrows

w()w

RickyJ
09-17-2012, 06:30 PM
I bet if he knew the IRS would get some of it then he would have just gave it away before he died.

Occam's Banana
09-17-2012, 06:42 PM
"He ain't heavy, he's my brother."

His wheelbarrows, on the other hand ...

opal
09-17-2012, 06:50 PM
My first thought here is what the hell were they doing in the garage????? is that where they found the body? I would hope the heir would be up in arms about not being notified before a *search* of the house was made.

jkr
09-17-2012, 06:54 PM
does the scanner see clearly or
DOES IT SEEEEEEE GOoOlllLlllD?

mad cow
09-17-2012, 07:32 PM
Uncle Sam...Got drunk at your wedding,puked...you remember don'tcha?

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-17-2012, 07:40 PM
The exemption for taxable estate is 5.12 million this year...what an absolutely atrocious tax. I can't even fathom how people let this shit happen. Man should have died two years ago when there was no estate tax. Sad thing to say.