PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for what to do with troublemakers ?

KramerDSP
11-19-2007, 10:50 AM
I live on a Cul-de-sac and have had two Ron Paul for President signs placed on my property. I also have a "Ron Paul Revolution" banner painted onto my garage door. Over the last few days, I have been encountering more difficulties. First, someone stole one of the signs, but left the other there, which makes me think that this was a guilty RP supporter who wanted a sign for his/her lawn. After the clearwater freedom rally, where I bought 8 RP signs, I put up two more, making a total of 3 signs on my property, thinking that for every sign they steal, I'll put up two more. The last two days, I have found the signs kicked down and stomped on, and I keep putting them back up.

On one hand, I am laughing, because it suggests that people who are against RP and his ideas who dismissed these signs are now "concerned" enough that they are vandalizing the signs. Then again, it could be a bunch of teenagers goofing around. I feel offended that my property rights are being disrespected, however, so does anybody have any suggestions on how to combat this ?

brandon
11-19-2007, 10:52 AM
so does anybody have any suggestions on how to combat this ?

Large dogs

rockwell
I caught my neighbor taking mine down. I put up twice as many and then knocked on the door and told him if he did it again I was going to paint the house like a banner. I hate being cross with people, but Jesus, I would never in a million years do something like that to someone.

pcosmar
OO Buck shot

mtmedlin
Second Amendment!

Zydeco
11-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Gitmo

quickmike
11-19-2007, 10:54 AM
Pellet gun.

Get a pot of coffee one night and camp out in front of a window that you can open just a crack if you see them.

Shoot them in the ass if they come on your property and mess with your sign.

Close window and go to bed, acting like nothing happened.

Seriously.

Anti Federalist
11-19-2007, 10:54 AM
LOL

Starting to get that here as well.

The "haters" are on the march.

How to stop it?

NVGs and a large magnum handgun? (tongue is very firmly planted in cheek so don't anybody freak out please)

Santana28
11-19-2007, 10:55 AM
You could start putting up Issues signs like "End the War, Now!" and slowly try to educate him about what he is really "for" or "against" - there are serious issues to be considered, not just the individual candidate.

So yeah... i'd probably have a Ron Paul sign visible somewhere that can't be screwed with (like inside your house in the window) and then i'd have issues signs popping up everywhere to combat his ignorance and hopefully make him feel guilty :)

but thats just me. don't back down!

KramerDSP
11-19-2007, 10:55 AM
I caught my neighbor taking mine down. I put up twice as many and then knocked on the door and told him if he did it again I was going to paint the house like a banner. I hate being cross with people, but Jesus, I would never in a million years do something like that to someone.

LOL! Well, one of my neighbors actually posted their garage sale sign OVER my RP sign, and listed their address! I went over, and the guy apologized, saying that his wife had put it there and he would talk to her about it. I handed over his garage sale sign back to him, and said it would not be a problem but I hoped they would not repeat this kind of behavior. Its important to try and be as civil as possible, even when your first inclination is to think WTF!

Anti Federalist
11-19-2007, 10:56 AM
Rockwell wrote:

Bwhahahahahah.:D:D:D:D

hambone1982
11-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Video tape it and youtube it.

JoshLowry
Most likely neighborhood kids with nothing else to do...

Put a "end the drug war" sign up and see if they keep getting kicked down.

IHaveaDream
Place a looping video camera with a time/date stamp in a strategically hidden location. Bait your trap and then turn the results over to the police, or at least threaten to if it ever happens again.

Ozwest
11-19-2007, 11:00 AM
A dick Cheney load to the face.

pcosmar
11-19-2007, 11:01 AM
Game Camera
http://www.nativeoutdoors.com/scoutingcameras.html?gclid=CKvylKax6Y8CFQGRPAodihU xEA

Santana28
11-19-2007, 11:02 AM
A dick Cheney load to the face.

okay, that just sounds really nasty.... :eek:

KramerDSP
11-19-2007, 11:02 AM
At least its happening everywhere, and not just at my house. That makes me convinced that we're making significant progress.

I also had my car windows soaped up for the freedom rally, and we drove from Palm Coast to Clearwater, Florida 3 1/2 hours on I-95 and I-4 on Saturday morning, and then the same way back Saturday evening. I kept it on for when I went to the Jaguars-Chargers game in Jacksonville on Sunday, and the advertising done was unbelievable! I got a LOT of thumbs up, some blank stares, and one or two incredoulous head shakes that suggested the person was thinking "Wow, these RP supporters are really passionate about their candidate!".

Unconventional advertising done on OUR property is the only way we continue to win hearts and minds, even when we inevitably alienate those who feel we are going overboard.

Mark Rushmore
11-19-2007, 11:03 AM
For a few days in a row sneak out every night early, take out your signs, and plant them in the yards of a few neighbors. In the morning when they come calling, scream and yell about 'these damn kids who keep messing with my signs', after a few days of that - you should be able to go about your business while your neighbors defend your signs for you ;).