PDA

View Full Version : Glen Beck Just plugged Ron Paul... to Duncan Hunter!!!

TruckinMike
11-19-2007, 10:40 AM
Yes, believe it or not, Glen Beck made a comment about Ron PAul and his support during a Duncan Hunter interview. It was rude of him to do that to Hunter, but hey, it was good for us.

He mentioned that the reason there are so many Ron Paul signs in Texas is because the RP supporters are tired of the same old political BS that they have been getting from the establishment GOP concerning the border.
------------ paraphased of course

He said it in a way that i thought was VERY good for Ron Paul. And of course Hunter spoke up and defended his position of winning the straw poll. Even with that, RP came off looking very good.

I bet The Hunter supporters are PO'ed.

that was my take... did anybody else hear it?

TruckinMike

strategos
11-19-2007, 10:42 AM
wow awesome, yea glenn is a smart guy I was surprised when he attacks paul

ronpaulyourmom
11-19-2007, 10:42 AM
This was on the radio just now or what?

TruckinMike
11-19-2007, 10:44 AM
Yes...I heard it a little over an hour ago.

TM

kylejack
11-19-2007, 10:45 AM
I still like Glenn Beck, no matter what many here say about him. Go Glenn!

Revolution9
11-19-2007, 10:46 AM
I guess he got a ring from his sponsors who have been hit hard from several boards around the net with a spontaneously arisen boycott. Keep up the good work folks.

best
Randy

strategos
11-19-2007, 10:46 AM
hope someone can find a video or sound.... I think glenn is cool and glad to see hes on the right side.... Might be due to the pressure we put on him

JAHOGS
11-19-2007, 10:48 AM
I heard it and was surprised since I listen to him everyday. http://www.wgiram.com/main.html

You can listen LIVE there.

aroberso
11-19-2007, 10:49 AM
fine and dandy, but not worth reporting what mr. beck says in my opinion.

if lou dobbs would take a stand supporting dr. paul, that would mean something, though I'm no huge fan of his either.

quickmike
11-19-2007, 10:49 AM

TruckinMike

Huh? Hunter supporters? LOL

Ive never seen one of those, or heard of one personally.

TruckinMike
11-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Ok Mr.Sour Grapes...

http://wso.williams.edu/~srura/gems/bitterbeer.jpg

I thought it would be up lifting to the campaign... but I guess I was wrong... well I was right for 99.9% of the people! Just not you.

TM

bbartlog
11-19-2007, 10:52 AM
glenn is a smart guy I was surprised when he attacks paul

There was an unfortunate incident a while back where Beck invited Paul to be on his show (in response to calls from supporters) and Paul accepted. And then at the last minute Paul cancelled because he had an interview offer from Wolf Bitzer in the same timeslot. This understandably cheesed Beck off, and it didn't help that he kept getting scores of calls asking him why he hadn't had Paul on his show.
So if he seems not to be as much of a friend of Paul's as political views would indicate, that's probably why.

aroberso
11-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Ok Mr.Sour Grapes...

I thought it would be up lifting to the campaign... but I guess I was wrong... well I was right for 99.9% of the people! Just not you. Mr Negitivity.

TM

You are right. My bad.

quickmike
11-19-2007, 10:57 AM
glenn is a smart guy I was surprised when he attacks paul

There was an unfortunate incident a while back where Beck invited Paul to be on his show (in response to calls from supporters) and Paul accepted. And then at the last minute Paul cancelled because he had an interview offer from Wolf Bitzer in the same timeslot. This understandably cheesed Beck off, and it didn't help that he kept getting scores of calls asking him why he hadn't had Paul on his show.
So if he seems not to be as much of a friend of Paul's as political views would indicate, that's probably why.

An agreement has been made I believe between the Beck show and the campaign to have Ron on for a full hour in the near future, so I think Beck is backing off a little on the RP hit pieces.

Adamsa
11-19-2007, 10:59 AM
An agreement has been made I believe between the Beck show and the campaign to have Ron on for a full hour in the near future, so I think Beck is backing off a little on the RP hit pieces.

I think it's going to be a great interview, I hope.

Mortikhi
11-19-2007, 11:01 AM
Just look at how fickle people here are heh
One day, "Die Beck!"
The next, "Beck is smart!"

I'll just stick with, "Beck is an asshat"

quickmike
11-19-2007, 11:02 AM
I think it's going to be a great interview, I hope.

I think so too, for the most part. I do think he will give him a hard time on foreign policy though. I would bet money on it.

That will be good though, since Ron explains it so well when given enough time.

troyd1
11-19-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by TruckinMike

TruckinMike

Both of them?

kylejack
11-19-2007, 11:07 AM

Where did you get this information?

Elementslayer
11-19-2007, 11:09 AM
screw glen beck!!! i feel like some people are acting like a tennis ball during a match and pro paid media and anti pro media are the rackets.

Revolution9
11-19-2007, 11:09 AM
One day, "Die Beck!"

I'm with you pal.

best
Randy

Edward
11-19-2007, 11:12 AM
One day, "Die Beck!"

I'll just stick with, "Beck is an asshat"Indeed. I'll bring back the "Will You Watch Glen Beck Again?" (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=401075#post401075) poll to see what happens.

kylejack
11-19-2007, 11:13 AM
Indeed. I'll bring back the "Will You Watch Glen Beck Again?" (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=401075#post401075) poll to see what happens.

I'm a Yes. Too bad I didn't see your poll earlier. I was a Yes then too.

Edward
11-19-2007, 11:27 AM
I'm a Yes. Too bad I didn't see your poll earlier. I was a Yes then too.I guess if Ron Paul ever does go on the show, we will be the only two watching.

paulitics
11-19-2007, 11:28 AM
One day, "Die Beck!"

he's a manipulative asshat at that. This guy is great at reeling his victim in close, than biting his head off.

Ron Paul Fan
11-19-2007, 11:29 AM
I guess if Ron Paul ever does go on the show, we will be the only two watching.

Nope. I voted Option #3 Edward so I'll be watching also. I made a post about this in the poll thread. 30 people are screwed! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

quickmike
11-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Where did you get this information?

I believe it was someone on here that talked to Jesse Benton, communications coordinator for the campaign, and was told by Beck he would still like to have him on the show in the near future but advised Benton that Ron should be on for a full hour to get to explain his positions clearly instead of having him on for a 5 minute soundbyte. He apparently said it was due to happen in the near future.

I cant remember who said it, but since they mentioned Benton, I would assume they werent lying about it. Wish I could find the thread.

bmcosti
11-19-2007, 11:32 AM
What's up with the lack of media appearances over the last week? Are they saving up some energy for a final push?

literatim
11-19-2007, 11:38 AM
One day, "Die Beck!"

You do realize there are different people here with differing opinions?

kylejack
11-19-2007, 11:41 AM
I believe it was someone on here that talked to Jesse Benton, communications coordinator for the campaign, and was told by Beck he would still like to have him on the show in the near future but advised Benton that Ron should be on for a full hour to get to explain his positions clearly instead of having him on for a 5 minute soundbyte. He apparently said it was due to happen in the near future.

I cant remember who said it, but since they mentioned Benton, I would assume they werent lying about it. Wish I could find the thread.

Sounds bogus to me. Glenn stated on air that he had invited Ron on for an hour, but couldn't get in touch with anyone, and that Stu had been hung up on. Benton said in the press conference that they might go on Glenn's show soon, but then said it wasn't all that big a priority. I've seen no indication that plans have actually been made for him to go on.

kylejack
11-19-2007, 11:43 AM
What's up with the lack of media appearances over the last week? Are they saving up some energy for a final push?

He's been on the ground campaigning. Lots of appearances at little places in New Hampshire, which I've been begging for for ages, some stuff in Iowa, and today he's hitting Nevada. This is something the campaign has been missing, and we'll just have to go without some media for a bit while he speaks to people in person in early primary states.

aroberso
11-19-2007, 11:45 AM

I was wondering the same thing. Seems like the approaching holiday is a quiet period for most fo the candidates?

As for me, I can't wait to sit around the Thanksgiving dinner table and talk about the good Dr.

I suspect a lot of family members are going to be getting the Dr. Paul treatment over the holidays and I would look for a bump in the next couple of weeks.

Ron Paul Fan
11-19-2007, 11:48 AM
Dr. Paul has been campaigning like kyle said. He was in NH giving speeches at high schools and hitting the town. He made a quick stop in Iowa. Now he's in Nevada holding rallys and expensive lunches. He'll have plenty of time for interviews, but meeting with people face to face is very important! Dr. Paul is going back and forth from state to state so that's a good thing! The interviews will be pouring in after December 16th my friends.

me3
11-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Dr. Paul has been on the radio, various programs and stations at least once every 2 days in the last week.

Follow the official site to see what is planned and what is going on.

quickmike
11-19-2007, 11:58 AM
Sounds bogus to me. Glenn stated on air that he had invited Ron on for an hour, but couldn't get in touch with anyone, and that Stu had been hung up on. Benton said in the press conference that they might go on Glenn's show soon, but then said it wasn't all that big a priority. I've seen no indication that plans have actually been made for him to go on.

You might be right there.

I was careful to use the word "apparently" LOL

It might not be a big priority for the campaign, but I believe that they would do it on a day they had nothing else planned. Those days are becoming few and far between lately though, so who knows.

jd603
11-19-2007, 12:02 PM
Glenn knows what he's doing (ie, attacking Paul even though he knows Paul would be best for the nation).

Now, why he's doing it I don't know, but I do know he was very upset about Ron bailing on his scheduled appearance several months ago. Maybe the campaign set up another date to be on his show? :o

Yes, believe it or not, Glen Beck made a comment about Ron PAul and his support during a Duncan Hunter interview. It was rude of him to do that to Hunter, but hey, it was good for us.

He mentioned that the reason there are so many Ron Paul signs in Texas is because the RP supporters are tired of the same old political BS that they have been getting from the establishment GOP concerning the border.
------------ paraphased of course

He said it in a way that i thought was VERY good for Ron Paul. And of course Hunter spoke up and defended his position of winning the straw poll. Even with that, RP came off looking very good.

that was my take... did anybody else hear it?

TruckinMike

conner_condor
11-19-2007, 12:04 PM
Beck is only trying to save his ass a bit from all the Emails sent to his sponsors. Do not trust these shills one bit. They are back stabbers. Again this is to my belief is to get us from calling his sponsors. He can't be trusted people.When are you goin to realize this?

TruckinMike
11-19-2007, 12:11 PM
Lets look on the bright side...From a Optomists' view point

Beck may have dug himself in a hole early on... Now he is using slow integration techniques to bring the listeners to a Ron Paul way of thinking... Thats what it looks like to me.

he does not want to lose credibility by simply reversing on his Ron Paul crazy uncle stance. The listeners are puddy in his hands. He has to slowly work the clay into the shape of a RP supporter.

Think about it from his position... realizing that he made a mistake about Ron Paul., now he has to correct it without looking nutty himself.

TruckinMike

nayjevin
11-19-2007, 12:15 PM
You are right. My bad.

whoa... was that civility and humility I just saw? on a message board?

jaybone
11-19-2007, 12:23 PM
I've been on a BEck rollercoaster lately.
A couple weeks ago he had on Peter Schiff, and delivered an exceptionally good summary of how fuct our financial system is. I even sent him positive email on the piece.

Then, the whole Guy Fawkes deal, with the asshat commentator saying that it must have had some significance to Ron for 'choosing' that day, we all know how the Nov 5th thing came about, certainly not from the campaign. Then he basically implied that we were domestic terrorists. I sent him and his sponsors VERY negative email on that one.

Now, he seems to be swaying again in our favor.

I guess life is not a winner take all slugfest to the death, but a delicate dance.
I'll just keep on calling it as I seez it.

Ozwest
11-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Lets look on the bright side...From a Optomists' view point

Beck may have dug himself in a hole early on... Now he is using slow integration techniques to bring the listeners to a Ron Paul way of thinking... Thats what it looks like to me.

he does not want to lose credibility by simply reversing on his Ron Paul crazy uncle stance. The listeners are puddy in his hands. He has to slowly work the clay into the shape of a RP supporter.

Think about it from his position... realizing that he made a mistake about Ron Paul., now he has to correct it without looking nutty himself.

TruckinMike

I reckon he needs the 18 wheel slow integration technique TruckinMike.

angelatc
11-19-2007, 12:40 PM
One day, "Die Beck!"

I have always thought that Beck was an asshat, and I hope that I shall not change that opinion even when Mr Beck determines that Congressman Paul is indeed the only logicial choice for this country.

saahmed
11-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Glenn Beck is still the biggest idiot on TV. I like him on some of what he says, but when he makes up BS about the war or Muslims or anything, he loses all credibility and comes off like a completely uneducated buffoon. He comes up with ludicrous statements. For instance, I remember a year or two ago he was predicting some day in August as the end of the world just because it was going to be Muhammad's birthday and he predicted some massive attack. He claimed that "August 15" or whatever day it was, was a bigger holiday for Muslims than Christmas, Hannakah, and Kwanza combined. First of all, he failed to realize that Muslims follow the lunar calendar, so August 15 would not be the date of that holiday every year. Secondly, as a Muslim I don't even know when Muhammad's birthday is. We don't celebrate it or do anything special on that day. So, I don't where he got the idea that it was such a big holiday. This month long countdown to this day is when I realized that this was the stupidest guy on TV.

TruckinMike
11-19-2007, 08:43 PM
I reckon he needs the 18 wheel slow integration technique TruckinMike.

I went to the Bad Billy's school of Psychiatry in Po-Dunc County, Arkansas, we learned many advanced techniques for manipulating the masses. Slow Integration was one of the most effective and long lasting, however it was slow in the making, hince the name... Slow.:cool:

TruckinMike

Jodi
11-19-2007, 09:48 PM

What do you wanna bet it will be right after the Tea Party????

tnvoter
11-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Huh? Hunter supporters? LOL

Ive never seen one of those, or heard of one personally.

Hunter is a decent Rep, but he's more someone I think of as a Secretary of State/Defense type person rather than a president.

Nathan Hale
11-20-2007, 12:00 AM
I guess he got a ring from his sponsors who have been hit hard from several boards around the net with a spontaneously arisen boycott. Keep up the good work folks.

best
Randy

Don't pat yourself on the back too much, I doubt these comments are related to any pressure we are supposedly exerting on him.

Eli
11-20-2007, 12:31 AM
ron paul wins 21 straw polls and duncan hunter is gloating about his one.

garrettwombat
11-20-2007, 12:42 AM
so its official?? glen beck supports Ron paul???? i knew he had it in him!
what a bipolar psycho though, he should have been plugging him this whole time instead of making it very clear he doesnt support him and pissing off his fellow supporters.

jake
11-20-2007, 12:45 AM
he speaks his mind, the problem he can be a bit on the "simple" side