PDA

View Full Version : October 3rd Presidential Debate Protest Planning Thread

playpianoking
09-16-2012, 07:29 PM
The first debate will be at the Denver University in Colorado on October 3rd, and the network choosing to air and live by the standards of the Commission on Presidential Debates is PBS.

The Commission on Presidential Debates was formed jointly by Republicans and Democrats meant to keep outsiders remaining out. Even though there are countless political parties, these two decided to make their chances ~50% every year by colluding to form an 'outside' group that would gain credibility and would set standards as to who could be included in the debate. This is why typically the candidates or the parties have not taken the blame, although I argue they should.

In 1992, Ross Perot had 7% polling numbers and was included in the debates, where he had no where to go but up, and eventually he gathered 19% of the nationwide vote on polling day. Interestingly, exit polls showed that the majority actually wanted him to win but felt that they had to collude because they thought that surely it was still going to be either the Republican or Democrat that won. This collusion is self-fulfilling. In 1996, the Commission raised the barriers to entry in order to never let a third party candidate come close again.

Personally, I will be bringing shame to the Commission at the protest while also to the network that chooses to air it, as well as having Gary Johnson signs. There are others going with me already.

If anyone will be in the Denver area, we need to be on tv in the background outside the debate as other networks discuss outside.

Smart3
09-16-2012, 07:31 PM
Make sure you bring signs calling for PBS to be defunded.

Indy Vidual
09-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Who's in the area?