PDA

View Full Version : Sobering News from the TSA

sailingaway
09-16-2012, 11:15 AM
http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2012/09/sobering-news-from-tsa.html

kathy88
09-16-2012, 11:20 AM
Well the pro police state comments did nothing to assure me that people are waking up.

alucard13mmfmj
09-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Vodka vapor is flammable (higher proofs). Flammable + oxygen rich air of the passenger fuselage = fire.

You can also break the bottle (unless the bottle was hard [like a jackdaniels] and use it as a club) and use the broken glass as a weapon.

Now that I think of it... everything can be used as weapon lol.

sailingaway
09-16-2012, 11:25 AM
Vodka vapor is flammable (higher proofs). Flammable + oxygen rich air of the passenger fuselage = fire.

You can also break the bottle (unless the bottle was hard [like a jackdaniels] and use it as a club) and use the broken glass as a weapon.

They serve vodka on the plane though, so the first point isn't evaded. Now, requiring money to the airlines by creating monopoly to booze, that mission is accomplished, of course.

Origanalist
09-16-2012, 11:26 AM
A belt buckle in the shape of a hand grenade slowed down operations at Kona (KOA) while we went through the proper steps to ensure it wasn’t a live grenade.

:rolleyes:

sailingaway
09-16-2012, 11:27 AM
:rolleyes:

LOL!

ClydeCoulter
09-16-2012, 11:46 AM
Well the pro police state comments did nothing to assure me that people are waking up.

What comments? It says no comments when I go to the link provided by SA.

angelatc
09-16-2012, 11:52 AM
What comments? It says no comments when I go to the link provided by SA.

Click through the link on that site. It just reminds me of why I'd rather be a hermit.

Danke
09-16-2012, 11:59 AM

Why do you say the cabin is "oxygen rich air?" Quite the opposite.

Danke
09-16-2012, 12:01 PM
They serve vodka on the plane though, so the first point isn't evaded. Now, requiring money to the airlines by creating monopoly to booze, that mission is accomplished, of course.

That and they can control consumption. Which in a confined space and long duration as a flight, is more important to me.