PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Billboard Funds

cayers333
11-19-2007, 09:35 AM
Hi all~ I am an Assistant Organizer for the Greenville, SC meetup group and we are holding a fundraiser to raise money for a LARGE Ron Paul Billboard along a major highway here in Greenville, SC. (Interstate 85).

We realize how very important the primary in our state is and we are trying to get this billboard up within the next two weeks so that it can be viewed by literally hundreds of thousands who drive this highway on a daily basis. It will be up for at least two months.

We have raised some of the money and are holding a Rock for Ron Paul music event at a local club in order to get this billboard up as soon as possible.

The cost of the billboard is $3800.00 and we are about half way there.

If anyone would like to contribute to this fund, we have an opportunity to have the funds matched by going to this website-- http://ronpaulbillboardsupstatesc.chipin.com/ron-paul-billboard-1-upstate-sc
and donations will be matched.

We are also charging $10 at the door of The Handlebar in Greenville, SC on Wednesday, Nov. 21st and if anyone that cannot make our show but would like to contribute the equivalent of a ticket, please donate at least $10.00. Every little bit helps.

We also have this site where donations can be made, but these funds are not matched on this site: http://greenville4ronpaul.com/events/

Any questions just look for Connie on the meetup page (http://ronpaul.meetup.com/85/) and contact me through that page.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give us. This billboard is vital to this campaign in this state! We can do this!

cayers333
11-19-2007, 01:06 PM
THANK YOU to those who have contributed so far! We really need this billboard. Mitt Romney and their people are taking all of our yard signs and banners down and putting theirs up! They cannot remove a billboard!

JerzieJennie
11-19-2007, 01:17 PM
I'll give you what I can when I get paid next Tuesday (after our placemats are completely paid off.) Hope I can help!

cayers333
11-19-2007, 01:20 PM
We have been busting our butts to get this thing up by the first week in December. When we found out the Romney camp was removing all of our signs, that just got us that more fired up about it!

I dare them to take the billboard down! Sad, they have to make this ugly, when we should be able to do this peacefully (and WE will but...).

If we all pull together, we can get this done! I met Ron Paul a couple of weeks ago and I know without a doubt, he is THE man for our country. He has a good soul and we need that so much in this office!

cadethacker
11-20-2007, 11:50 AM
Hey guys,
Awesome work. I'm just down I-85 in Atlanta. Are you all going through a PAC for actual payment? Feel free to drop me a line off board to discuss, but we are also working on a billboard in Atlanta, and have everything about together but just trying to make sure we are doing this per the FEC rules. Feel free to email me directly at cade at cade dot org.

Thanks!

--cade