PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: UT evacuated after receiving bomb threat

donnay
09-14-2012, 10:28 AM
Breaking: UT evacuated after receiving bomb threat

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/19545242/ut-evacuated-after-receiving-bomb-threat

The University of Texas at Austin campus was evacuated Friday morning after a man called in a bomb threat to the university.

The University tweeted at 10:25 a.m. that all the buildings have been checked and cleared. However, students and employees are still urged to stay away from buildings.

According to UT Officials, a man with a "middle eastern" accent, claiming to be affiliated with Al Qaeda, called into the university at around 8:30 and said that he had placed several bombs around the campus. The caller said the bombs would go off in 90 minutes.

The President of UT was notified and called for the evacuation of all of the buildings on campus. Cap Metro has also suspended bus service on and around the campus.

donnay
09-14-2012, 10:34 AM
Whistleblower Confirms Nuclear Reactor Under UT’s LBJ Library

Prisonplanet.com (http://www.prisonplanet.com/whistleblower-confirms-nuclear-reactor-under-uts-lbj-library.html)
June 16, 2012

Alex talks about the breaking story of the nuclear reactor beneath the LBJ library in Austin and radioactive material stored in nearby limestone caves. He also takes a call from a whistlblower who can confirm that there is indeed a nuclear reactor under the LBJ Library at UT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzbsMwhKMWc&feature=player_embedded

Root
09-14-2012, 10:38 AM
I'm a little buzzed, and I saw the thread title and was trying to figure out how they were evacuating Utah and how big/many bombs were needed. Whew!

donnay
09-14-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm a little buzzed, and I saw the thread title and was trying to figure out how they were evacuating Utah and how big/many bombs were needed. Whew!

LOL!

2young2vote
09-14-2012, 10:52 AM
It is so easy for people to cause chaos anymore. All they have to do is call in and threaten something. Why even have bombs when they can get the point across with a simple telephone call?

Carlybee
09-14-2012, 10:57 AM
NDSU is also being evacuated and not confirmed but heard HBU here in Houston as well.

pcosmar
09-14-2012, 11:19 AM
LOL!

it was my first thought too. Then I noticed the time.

90 mins from 8:30 this morning,, and they hadn't gone off by the time you posted.

I'll call it a Hoax.

cajuncocoa
09-14-2012, 11:21 AM
Also Valparaiso U.

http://posttrib.suntimes.com/news/porter/15143328-418/threat-made-to-vu-campus.html

donnay
09-14-2012, 11:22 AM
it was my first thought too. Then I noticed the time.

90 mins from 8:30 this morning,, and they hadn't gone off by the time you posted.

I'll call it a Hoax.

Yes. Either and elaborate hoax or some student that didn't want to take a test.

KMX
09-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Don't mess with Texas!

Carlybee
09-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Or some stupid false flag by the gubmint to distract from some economic shtf...or to bolster anti muslim sentiment in order to go bomb somebody....not that they dont just do that anyway.

libertyjam
09-14-2012, 11:54 AM
Whistleblower Confirms Nuclear Reactor Under UT’s LBJ Library

Prisonplanet.com (http://www.prisonplanet.com/whistleblower-confirms-nuclear-reactor-under-uts-lbj-library.html)
June 16, 2012

Alex talks about the breaking story of the nuclear reactor beneath the LBJ library in Austin and radioactive material stored in nearby limestone caves. He also takes a call from a whistlblower who can confirm that there is indeed a nuclear reactor under the LBJ Library at UT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzbsMwhKMWc&feature=player_embedded

OK this is going a little overboard, first every major Uni. in the US has one or more small nuclear reactors on campus, the one I went to had four, one for each dept doing different kinds of research.
Second, I've seen underneath the LBJ library on the UT Austin campus, there is no reactor there, but I guarantee that there is at least one somewhere on campus, probably in the physics building. If they ever did medical nuclear science research there, and I'm pretty sure they do/did, there is one in the hospital as well.

libertyjam
09-14-2012, 11:55 AM
It is so easy for people to cause chaos anymore. All they have to do is call in and threaten something. Why even have bombs when they can get the point across with a simple telephone call?

Reminds me of Jr. high and High school

tod evans
09-14-2012, 12:02 PM
Are they sure it wasn't "Bob" from the microsoft hotline calling in?

(Middle east accent)

CaptUSA
09-14-2012, 12:09 PM
Since when does Al Qaeda call ahead?

Tod
09-14-2012, 12:17 PM
OK this is going a little overboard, first every major Uni. in the US has one or more small nuclear reactors on campus, the one I went to had four, one for each dept doing different kinds of research.
Second, I've seen underneath the LBJ library on the UT Austin campus, there is no reactor there, but I guarantee that there is at least one somewhere on campus, probably in the physics building. If they ever did medical nuclear science research there, and I'm pretty sure they do/did, there is one in the hospital as well.

Exactly. I'd be more inclined to think, "What kind of school DOESN'T have a nuclear reactor? Well, maybe a community college might not."

donnay
09-14-2012, 12:21 PM

To be quite honest, I had no idea that there was nuclear reactors under universities. It wasn't until I saw Alex Jones show and heard this interview that I did some research on it and found that there is 21 universities who have them. The one thing that concerns me is, if they are leaking radiation how would one know, bring a Geiger counter to school?

HOLLYWOOD
09-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Utah or Texas?

thread title needs chaning to University of Texas @ Austin...

Todd
09-14-2012, 12:26 PM
a family member of mine called me last night and told me the Mooslims were going to be suicide bombing the CONUS today. :rolleyes:

libertyjam
09-14-2012, 01:00 PM
To be quite honest, I had no idea that there was nuclear reactors under universities. It wasn't until I saw Alex Jones show and heard this interview that I did some research on it and found that there is 21 universities who have them. The one thing that concerns me is, if they are leaking radiation how would one know, bring a Geiger counter to school?

I think I could find more than 21, but I see some schools have dismantled some reactors in the last 20+ years. One thing about US research reactors are usually heavy monitoring, triple redundant backups, more than enough shielding, etc. etc. and nowadays- low enrichment fuel. I was never that worried.

Carlybee
09-14-2012, 01:04 PM
Now reported to be a hoax

donnay
09-14-2012, 01:05 PM
I think I could find more than 21, but I see some schools have dismantled some reactors in the last 20+ years. One thing about US research reactors are usually heavy monitoring, triple redundant backups, more than enough shielding, etc. etc. and nowadays- low enrichment fuel. I was never that worried.

I learn something new everyday. Again, I was not privy to this information when I went to college.