PDA

View Full Version : Unsubscribing from Romney Emails... HOW???

frickettz
09-13-2012, 07:02 PM
Has anyone tried unsubscribing from all emails coming from mittromney.com? I simply cannot do it.

They provide an unsubscribe button, but it only unsubs from the PERSON that sent the email. The problem is that they have a barrage of people with email accounts @mittromney.com that email me. So I have to unsubscribe from every new email I get, from different people every time.

--

I was a delegate and I'm assuming they snooped my email from the delegate email lists. :mad:

sailingaway
09-13-2012, 07:22 PM
At the bottom there has to by law be an 'unsubscribe' link.

there is also a 'where you got my name' link supposedly.

I wonder if it is legal to only make it apply to the one name.

LibertyEagle
09-13-2012, 07:23 PM
Yeah, that worked for me too.

ninepointfive
09-13-2012, 07:25 PM
If you have a spam button - hit that

KEEF
09-13-2012, 07:55 PM
I have been putting every single one in my spam folder, and I still keep getting 2 or 3 a day. One of the downfalls of being a delegate I guess.

eleganz
09-13-2012, 08:05 PM
ugh..unsubscribe from that shit!

LopTarDaBoo
09-13-2012, 08:06 PM
No, keep subscribed and mark it as spam. My understanding is they have to pay to send those out.

Vessol
09-13-2012, 08:21 PM
No, keep subscribed and mark it as spam. My understanding is they have to pay to send those out.

I thought they just bought the email lists and then had a program send it all? I think they got mine when Rand endorsed Romney, that's when I started getting all the damn emails.

cajuncocoa
09-13-2012, 08:28 PM
It's kinda weird, but I've never gotten any mailings from him...email or snail mail. I get phone calls, but no mail. I LOVE messing with those people on the phone! LOL

thajuggla
09-14-2012, 12:06 AM
It's kinda weird, but I've never gotten any mailings from him...email or snail mail. I get phone calls, but no mail. I LOVE messing with those people on the phone! LOL

Never received an email, received snail mail though. I always write, and send it back. I love the phone calls. I usually waste as much of their time as possible talking about the Fed, and how Romney will do nothing to fix the root of our problems. I try to talk to them about our foreign policy, and how we can expect blow back while we are propping up dictators in other countries, pissing off the people in said countries.

Good Times. :P

rp08orbust
09-14-2012, 01:41 AM
I wonder if we're all going to start getting emails from Mitch McConnell soon.

LibertyEagle
09-14-2012, 01:45 AM

Ugh. I hope not. Although, if we voted in the primary, we are on more than just Ron's list. So, who knows.

amonasro
09-14-2012, 02:08 AM
I swear political email lists are like the Borg.

You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Keith and stuff
09-14-2012, 02:19 AM
I thought they just bought the email lists and then had a program send it all? I think they got mine when Rand endorsed Romney, that's when I started getting all the damn emails.
It costs money to send email over a certain amount a month.

Barrex
09-14-2012, 04:16 AM
-it costs them to send them
-if enough people keep marking it as "spam" other people who receive it will get it automatically in spam folder and not in their regular mail folder.
-"harrasment complaint" would be funny as hell... people over here do it from time to time.

Darguth
09-14-2012, 07:26 AM
Strangely I got an email recently from a neocon Congressional candidate in Ohio. This is strange, seeing as I'm a Michigander who just recently moved back to the Mitten after spending a year in New Orleans. I've never once lived in Ohio.

When I checked the "how did you get my email" link it said I voluntarily subscribed. Bullshit.

seyferjm
09-14-2012, 08:15 AM
I have yet to get any emails from Romney, however I do get them from COngressman and few neo-con sites pushing Romney.

dntrpltt
09-14-2012, 09:44 AM
Not only do I get emails from Mitt Romney even after unsubscribing (from different people in his campaign) I get the SAME EMAIL about 7-8 times, because it is forwarded by a bunch of those conservative newsletter services I don't remember subscribing to. I have to tell you, it is really annoying.

alucard13mmfmj
09-14-2012, 01:24 PM

We gonna have to assume that Benton has access to Ron's voter list...

WesSeid
09-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Why unsubscribe from them when you can forward them back to them? :p

Suzu
09-14-2012, 09:30 PM
I have found it impossible to get off of the RevPAC list.

Razmear
09-14-2012, 09:48 PM
Not sure if they have to pay any significant amount for the emails, but the business reply envelopes they send out they do have to pay return postage on, based on weight. So if someone were to stick lead bars in the envelopes, or some other creative method for costing them cash, that would be a better plan.
Just be aware that there is usually a bar code on the bottom of the return envelope so they can ID who replied, so if you were dumb enough to send an envelope full of talcum powder they would probably find you.
I know this because I once sent about 50 loose pennies in a Brady Campaign business reply envelope, hoping the weight would cost them cash, and that the pennies would jam up their automatic letter opening device and maybe the shrapnel would take a couple of the bastards out, but instead I got a letter back thanking me for my generous donation even tho I only loaded it with the pennies and no return slip or other identifying info.

opinionatedfool
09-15-2012, 07:07 AM
I have been putting every single one in my spam folder, and I still keep getting 2 or 3 a day. One of the downfalls of being a delegate I guess.

Actually click the spam button. I don't think moving them to a folder will do anything. You can also go in you mail options and block all emails from the domain mittromney.com.

roho76
09-15-2012, 07:33 AM

This doesn't matter. If they weren't prepared to pay then they wouldn't do it.

roho76
09-15-2012, 07:42 AM
Not sure if they have to pay any significant amount for the emails, but the business reply envelopes they send out they do have to pay return postage on, based on weight. So if someone were to stick lead bars in the envelopes, or some other creative method for costing them cash, that would be a better plan.
Just be aware that there is usually a bar code on the bottom of the return envelope so they can ID who replied, so if you were dumb enough to send an envelope full of talcum powder they would probably find you.
I know this because I once sent about 50 loose pennies in a Brady Campaign business reply envelope, hoping the weight would cost them cash, and that the pennies would jam up their automatic letter opening device and maybe the shrapnel would take a couple of the bastards out, but instead I got a letter back thanking me for my generous donation even tho I only loaded it with the pennies and no return slip or other identifying info.

Talk about all time backfire. (Pun intended).

Or as Shakespeare would say:
You were Hoisted with his own petard.

Teenager For Ron Paul
09-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Three words: RETURN TO SENDER

Monotaur
09-15-2012, 08:30 PM
I kept getting these emails too, also from other sources as well. I eventually unsubscribed from the Romney mailing list (not sure how I got signed up in the first place...) by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email. That didn't stop them right away though, I think they process the unsubscribe requests once at night each day because I kept getting more emails that day. I replied to the later ones detailing why I was upset and unsubscribing, but they just bounced back. Eventually they stopped.