PDA

View Full Version : New Thermal Imaging System Could Help Detect Drunk People

phill4paul
09-13-2012, 04:58 AM
PATRAS, Greece (CBS Seattle) – A new use for old technology could give police a hand in spotting drunks in public.

In a paper that was published in the “International Journal of Electronic Security and Digital Forensics,” Greek scientists Georgia Koukiou and Vassilis Anastassopoulos are developing new algorithms that will gather data about blood-vessels on a subject’s face.

The rosy red glow that alcohol gives drinkers is really blood vessels dilating on the skin’s surface, which changes the temperature of a person’s face. Thermal imaging devices can detect those changes.

What Koukiou and Anastassopoulos propose is taking that information and then running it through a comparison of thermal imaging scans of drunk and sober individuals.

Another algorithm they came up with is used to map the person’s face. When drinking a person’s nose becomes warmer as their forehead becomes cooler.

The paper recommends that this type of technology be used by police departments.

This isn’t the first time similar technology was utilized. During the 2003 SARS epidemic, thermal imaging was used to detect infection.

http://cbsseattle.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/86277608.jpg?w=300

http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2012/09/12/new-thermal-imaging-system-could-help-detect-drunk-people/

acptulsa
09-13-2012, 05:19 AM
Once Jews were persecuted, then blacks, then anyone who ever looked into what the Communist Party was about, then smokers and people who don't lose weight easily. Next thing you know you'll soon find out if you have a naturally warm nose...

It's the sanctions against overweight people and the general liberal claim that weight can always be controlled (never mind about that thyroid, it's too inconvenient a truth) that really get to me. It isn't easy for these libtards to be prejudiced, hateful, fearmongering, engaging in divide and conquer tactics, disenfranchising people, and being politically correct all at the same time.

And now we sacrifice those with warm noses in the pursuit of those who dare have a drop of comfort. I've seen governments go off half cocked with a lot of half baked technologies, but this one is particularly scary. I think this proves that you can sell the government any kind of useless technology, as long as you can dream up a way to hassle people with it.

Bruno
09-13-2012, 05:28 AM
"I see drunk people"

presence
09-13-2012, 06:06 AM
Once Jews were persecuted, then blacks, t
[]
you can sell the government any kind of useless technology, as long as you can dream up a way to hassle people with it.

^^^

presence
09-13-2012, 06:13 AM
The paper recommends that this type of technology be used by police departments.

Because "drunk" is on the long list of victimless statutory crimes the state can imprison you for. I guess I would give so much of a shit about my privacy if every fart wasn't a "crime" with a mandatory minimum sentence.

Barrex
09-13-2012, 06:53 AM
"The Shining" seuqal.... not what I imagined... It is perfectly legal to be drunk on the street over here... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejGPVGxjWBQ)

FindLiberty
09-13-2012, 07:12 AM
It's not too late to unplug from the MSM. Just face it and cut off any news outlet promoting this spiteful "IR nose imaging" boondoggle booger fest.

...go off half cocked with a lot of half baked technologies, but this one is particularly scary. I think this proves that you can sell the government any kind of useless technology, as long as you can dream up a way to hassle people with it.

Just wait 'till those bottom feeding bureaucrat maggots start coming after "all the useless eaters" in dead Ernest.

Philhelm
09-13-2012, 07:28 AM
I know that there must be a "They Live" joke here somewhere.

libertyjam
09-13-2012, 08:23 AM
"Hey You're Drunk!" ,
"YEA, and You're Stupid! But I'll be Sober in the Morning, and You'll Still be Stupid!"

Dr.3D
09-13-2012, 08:30 AM
Wait a minute. Maybe they just want to know who not to shoot at. You can't blame a drunk person for the stuff he is doing as easily as you can a sober person.

I can just hear them now.... "No don't shoot that guy, he's drunk."

acptulsa
09-13-2012, 08:42 AM
Just wait 'till those bottom feeding bureaucrat maggots start coming after "all the useless eaters" in dead Ernest.

Won't have to wait long. They've already taken the first steps:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?389762-MichelleO-Obesity-Absolutely-Greatest-Threat-To-National-Security

Origanalist
09-13-2012, 09:22 AM
Save your money and time spent developing this. Hire me, I'll tell you if they're drunk.

Zippyjuan
09-13-2012, 10:41 AM
How about somebody with the flu or fever or hot flashes? Or sunburned?

I work in a cold room and my body circulates more blood to my extremeties including my nose which looks red for a bit after I come out. That would show positive as well.

Barrex
09-13-2012, 10:45 AM
How about somebody with the flu or fever or hot flashes? Or sunburned?

I work in a cold room and my body circulates more blood to my extremeties including my nose which looks red for a bit after I come out. That would show positive as well.

So you are saying you are DRUNKKKKKKKKK.

presence
09-13-2012, 03:28 PM
Wait a minute. Maybe they just want to know who not to shoot at. You can't blame a drunk person for the stuff he is doing as easily as you can a sober person.

I can just hear them now.... "No don't shoot that guy, he's drunk."

I'd expect the opposite actually: open season on drunks. Coroners report says the man "resisting arrest" was legally intoxicated. Case closed.

Dr.3D
09-13-2012, 03:56 PM
I'd expect the opposite actually: open season on drunks. Coroners report says the man "resisting arrest" was legally intoxicated. Case closed.
Wouldn't he have to be illegally intoxicated? :D

Root
09-13-2012, 04:00 PM
How soon before these start showing up on highway overpasses?

donnay
09-13-2012, 04:11 PM
How long before they are installed in our vehicles--that we have to pay for, if you want that new car. Kind of like OnStar tracking.