PDA

View Full Version : US Embassy in Yemen stormed

alucard13mmfmj
09-13-2012, 03:09 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/protesters-storm-us-embassy-yemen-084845510.html

SANAA, Yemen (AP) — Protesters angered by an anti-Islam film have stormed the U.S. Embassy compound in Yemen's capital, Sanaa.

The protesters were on the embassy's grounds but did not enter the building housing the offices.

Before storming the embassy compound on Thursday, the demonstrators removed the embassy's sign on the outer wall and set tires ablaze. Once inside the compound, they brought down the U.S. flag and burned it.

Yemen is home to al-Qaida's most active branch and the United States is the main foreign supporter of the Yemeni government's counterterrorism campaign. The government on Tuesday announced that al-Qaida's No. 2 leader in Yemen was killed in an apparent U.S. airstrike, a major blow to the terror network.

Ranger29860
09-13-2012, 03:27 AM
Having seen the trailer for this "movie" I am starting to wonder what the protest are really about. There is no way in two countries that we have bombed recently that house a pretty good sized opposition to the U.S. that a movie could cause protest of this magnitude within days of each other. If it really has in the minds of all these protestors I might have lost faith in humanity :(.

Petar
09-13-2012, 03:50 AM
Seems to me like one arm of the CIA probably made the movie, while another arm of the CIA probably used its Al-Qaeda assets to simulate an "organic" backlash.

alucard13mmfmj
09-13-2012, 04:55 AM
i wonder where next?

acptulsa
09-13-2012, 04:59 AM
i wonder where next?

Well, let's see. Obama took us into Yemen, Libya and Somalia. So, it makes sense that Somalia would be next. Unless, of course, he took us into another country or two not only without Congressional approval, but without actually telling anyone.

Schifference
09-13-2012, 05:05 AM
Obama is a peace loving American. He won the Nobel Peace prize. He is not a violent man. He is the greatest president we ever had. His number one job is protecting us and making sure our nation is secure.

georgiaboy
09-13-2012, 05:08 AM
Having seen the trailer for this "movie" I am starting to wonder what the protest are really about. There is no way in two countries that we have bombed recently that house a pretty good sized opposition to the U.S. that a movie could cause protest of this magnitude within days of each other. If it really has in the minds of all these protestors I might have lost faith in humanity :(.

I'm inclined to agree with you.

acptulsa
09-13-2012, 05:10 AM
Obama is a peace loving American. He won the Nobel Peace prize. He is not a violent man. He is the greatest president we ever had. His number one job is protecting us and making sure our nation is secure.

Thank you, Ministry of Truth. Got any more lies for us?

orenbus
09-13-2012, 06:09 AM

http://petenelson.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/cool-story-bro.jpg

FindLiberty
09-13-2012, 06:23 AM
Seems to me like one arm of the CIA probably made the movie, while another arm of the CIA probably used its Al-Qaeda assets to simulate an "organic" backlash.

99.99999% probable

JohnM
09-13-2012, 09:24 AM
I don't believe that the movie has much to do with this violence.

Much more significant is the fact that Yemen is where Anwar al-Awlaki was killed . . . by the US government.

A bunch of al-Qaeda supporters (& there are plenty in Yemen), who were already mad at the US, saw what happened in Cairo and Benghazi and thought it would be fun to get in on the act.

Sure the movie lit the fuse, but the bomb was already waiting to go off.