PDA

View Full Version : In Obama's second term, where do we go from there?

thequietkid10
09-12-2012, 09:06 PM
There has been a lot of bloviating by loud mouth Republican pundits that this is a battle for the sole of the country. Battle of the takers vs the makers, future of the country at stake.

Well from where I'm sitting it looks like Obama is going to win. Not sure how I feel about that, to the extent that they are similar I think Romney is more likely to turn the economy around, similarities aside at least Romney gives the appearance of Fiscal conservatism., which is more then I can say for Obama. Furthermore, getting rid of Obamacare is going to be that much harder in four years. Then again, Obama is less likely to get us into a full scale war with Syria and doesn't kiss Israel's feet as much as Romney would.

I'm rambling "outloud." Anyway, how do we take advantage of situation, after the Republicans loose the election that was impossible for them to loose.

Cody1
09-12-2012, 09:07 PM
I would say best case is keep the gridlock and pray we don't start another war.

jufreese
09-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Romney already has said he'll start a war with China. And that he supports Obamacare.

Cody1
09-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Yeah Romney doesn't exactly espouse fiscal conservativism.

Not in the least.

tangent4ronpaul
09-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Romney already has said he'll start a war with China. And that he supports Obamacare.

When did he say he would start a war with China?

-t

ClydeCoulter
09-12-2012, 09:16 PM
When did he say he would start a war with China?

-t

Perhaps he meant an economic war? I seem to remember R$ making some comments about China's monetary and economic policies being like a war on us or something.

jufreese
09-12-2012, 09:30 PM
technically he didn't say war....but hes had a hard on about their "unfair trade practices". And I can't stop laughing at Romney supporting parts of Obamacare....I just want to shout to the whole US, "I TOLD YOU SO", but I guess that's a little arrogant.

aravoth
09-12-2012, 09:51 PM
There has been a lot of bloviating by loud mouth Republican pundits that this is a battle for the sole of the country. Battle of the takers vs the makers, future of the country at stake.

Well from where I'm sitting it looks like Obama is going to win. Not sure how I feel about that, to the extent that they are similar I think Romney is more likely to turn the economy around, similarities aside at least Romney gives the appearance of Fiscal conservatism., which is more then I can say for Obama. Furthermore, getting rid of Obamacare is going to be that much harder in four years. Then again, Obama is less likely to get us into a full scale war with Syria and doesn't kiss Israel's feet as much as Romney would.

I'm rambling "outloud." Anyway, how do we take advantage of situation, after the Republicans loose the election that was impossible for them to loose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhG6IHRk4nw

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Okie RP fan
09-12-2012, 10:16 PM
No matter who is the Oval Office, the fights will come down to the local and state levels.

That is why we need to be focusing on "smaller" races.

jufreese
09-12-2012, 10:32 PM
No matter who is the Oval Office, the fights will come down to the local and state levels.

That is why we need to be focusing on "smaller" races.

That is why the RNC and DNC are making it impossible for grassroots to serve a purpose. Soon Congress won't matter. And then State level officials wont matter.

whoisjohngalt
09-12-2012, 10:42 PM
Rand Paul

ninepointfive
09-12-2012, 10:45 PM
Hunker down - become as independent and self sufficient as possible. Politics is a wasted game for the most part aside from the education aspect.

mrsat_98
09-13-2012, 03:09 AM
Chants ONLY four more years ONLY four more years ONLY four more years

Aratus
09-13-2012, 03:19 AM
if our sitting potus wins the biggie as it goes tightly to the wire, we should ask dr. rand paul to give it his best!!!
if gentleman mitt wins this one as it goes tightly to the wire we may find ourselves mulling over rand's potus run.

Article V
09-13-2012, 04:51 AM
I would say best case is keep the gridlock and pray we don't start another war.^I'm thinking this is the best option.^

...but, let's be honest, they're going to start another war (probably in October 2012 because Israel is going to want to force Obama's and Romney's hand for support before the election). If nothing else, they'll start a war just to get around the gridlock by making everyone unite under a passionate banner of nationalism. ...But at least we'd have the gridlock for some amount of time, and then a new President in 4 years instead of no gridlock and no new President for 8 years.

Then again...Romney would help the economy more than Obama...

Then again...Romney's helping of the economy would merely give us a crutch to stand while they crush our legs with more debt.

Perhaps it's best to fall to the ground economically with Obama so that the country is forced to address the debt before it gets trillions worse and, in the meanwhile, keep the gridlock for as long as possible till we get a new President. Yeah...I'm gonna go with that one.