PDA

View Full Version : VA-Remember Patricia Cook, gunned down by a local cop? Her husband was found dead today.

Anti Federalist
09-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Husband of killed Culpeper woman died of natural causes

Posted: Sep 12, 2012 6:37 AM EST
Updated: Sep 12, 2012 1:38 PM EST
By Ashley Monfort - bio | email
Posted by Phil Newsome - email

http://www.nbc12.com/story/19521070/husband-of-murdered-culpeper-woman-found-dead

CULPEPER, VA (WWBT) - The husband of a woman shot and killed by a former Culpeper police officer died of natural causes, according to a preliminary report by the medical examiner's office.

Patricia Cook was shot and killed by Daniel Harmon-Wright in February. The former officer was indicted for her murder in June.

A maintenance crew found the body of Patricia's husband, Gary, inside his apartment during a routine apartment check.

The death of Patricia Cook is currently making its way through the courts. Authorities say Daniel Harmon-Wright fired after she drove off with his arm trapped in the car's window and refused to stop. Patricia was unarmed.

After weeks of investigating and listening to eye-witnesses a jury decided to indict Harmon-Wright on murder and gun charges in June. He was also fired that month.

Harmon-Wright's trial is scheduled for January.

Reports say Gary Cook had brought a multi-million dollar wrongful death suit after his wife was shot.

The sheriff's office contacted the Virginia State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation Culpeper Field Office in regards to investigating the circumstances surrounding the unattended death. The investigation remains ongoing at this time.

Reason
09-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Nothing to see here, move along...

Professor8000
09-12-2012, 07:17 PM
There are many ways to make a death look like natural causes without leaving evidence your average medical examiner will look for. The ones who know how to do this are the ones who investigate these sorts of things and former intelligence officers of the government. Just something to think about.

tod evans
09-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Stinks to high hell!

youngbuck
09-13-2012, 01:12 AM
It's definitely suspicious. I guess I'll say it's a 50/50 chance of whether he died because of the stress, accelerated aging, and everything else due to his wife's death, or because somebody related to the recieving end of that multi-million dollar lawsuit wanted him gone.

Weston White
09-13-2012, 02:19 AM
Is there something more to the original story? Because, if I were a police officer (and presuming I was performing within my sworn duties) and the driver of a vehicle that I had stopped had trapped my arm inside the vehicle (meaning that I was unable to pull it out after a couple of hasty or desperate attempts) and started driving, I would certainly open fire on them until they either let my arm go or stopped the vehicle (e.g., once the speed of the vehicle exceeds what I can run, I am basically a dead-man-dangling).

Moreover, it is worth noting that police have more than frequently fired multiple rounds into vehicles that they had themselves willfully stepped in front of as the driver was approaching them while refusing to yield to their commands; and I have never heard of them being indicted or charged for making such an idiotic choice.

tod evans
09-13-2012, 03:14 AM
This is yet another instance where video disproves the "official" story..

The more a person reads the sooner they'll understand that cops lie on a regular basis.

There is absolutely no reason every "officer" shouldn't be video taped every minute he's on duty.

Is there something more to the original story? Because, if I were a police officer (and presuming I was performing within my sworn duties) and the driver of a vehicle that I had stopped had trapped my arm inside the vehicle (meaning that I was unable to pull it out after a couple of hasty or desperate attempts) and started driving, I would certainly open fire on them until they either let my arm go or stopped the vehicle (e.g., once the speed of the vehicle exceeds what I can run, I am basically a dead-man-dangling).

Moreover, it is worth noting that police have more than frequently fired multiple rounds into vehicles that they had themselves willfully stepped in front of as the driver was approaching them while refusing to yield to their commands; and I have never heard of them being indicted or charged for making such an idiotic choice.

Bastiat's The Law
09-13-2012, 03:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3f9UJTmgd0

libertyjam
09-13-2012, 07:38 AM
There are many ways to make a death look like natural causes without leaving evidence your average medical examiner will look for. The ones who know how to do this are the ones who investigate these sorts of things and former intelligence officers of the government. Just something to think about.

Hello Dexter!

specsaregood
09-13-2012, 07:41 AM

Yeah if you look into this case you'll quickly find that it isn't the one you want to use as a defense of police.

Darguth
09-13-2012, 07:41 AM
Reports state Patricia was 54 years old. Photographs seem to indicate her husband was definitely older, so he was probably pushing 60 if not beyond.

It's not totally unreasonable that a man of his age dies of natural causes, especially after undergoing such a stressful ordeal such as his wife's murder and the aftermath.

libertyjam
09-13-2012, 07:43 AM
Here is a slightly better story with a few more details,

http://www2.insidenova.com/news/2012/sep/11/5/culpeper-police-victims-widower-found-dead-ar-2197637/

libertyjam
09-13-2012, 07:44 AM
Reports state Patricia was 54 years old. Photographs seem to indicate her husband was definitely older, so he was probably pushing 60 if not beyond.

It's not totally unreasonable that a man of his age dies of natural causes, especially after undergoing such a stressful ordeal such as his wife's murder and the aftermath.

He was 62

HOLLYWOOD
09-13-2012, 08:52 AM
It would of been a "normal death" if he was found "out back" hung in the tool shed. Right DC Madame? Oh wait...

AGRP
09-13-2012, 09:01 AM
Here is a slightly better story with a few more details,

http://www2.insidenova.com/news/2012/sep/11/5/culpeper-police-victims-widower-found-dead-ar-2197637/

Two months later, Gary Cook’s lawyers expressed interest in possibly expanding the wrongful death lawsuit to include Culpeper Police Chief Chris Jenkins and former chief Dan Boring, now a Culpeper Town Councilman.

Gosh be golly. Certainly the city doesn't have the power to carry out (nor would want to) a "natural cause" or bribe/threaten their local coroner.

Anti Federalist
09-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Yes, tl;dr version:

Cop says woman rolled up his hand/arm in Jeep window and took off.

Jeep had no power windows.

Eyewitness says that both of the cop's hands were well clear of vehicle when he shot her, 11 times IIRC.